Temple, TX 9/16/2018 to present Provides first line troubleshooting for following packages: Laboratory, VBECS, Blind Rehab, Authorization Subscription Utility, Blind Rehab, Blood Bank Care Management, Clinical Case Registries, Clinical Lexicon, Clinical Procedures, Clinical Reminders Consults, CPRS/OERR, Health Summary Intake and Output Medicine, Mental Health Network, Health Exchange, Nursing, Nutrition and Food Service, Problem List, Social Work, Text Integration Utility (Progress Notes), VistaWeb Vitals, and Women's Health Specializes in Microbiology and VBECS in Laboratory. Resource for the following projects new: VBECS, Bar Code Expansion, CHDR, BHIE, FHIE, Home Telehealth, Lab Data standardization Initiative Resource for the following HeV projects: Blind Rehab, VBECS, VistaWeb, CHDR, Care Management, Laboratory redesign HeV Unique Activities: VBECS simulated server set-up and maintenance, Blind Rehab simulated server set-up maintenance Provides training and support at conferences such as VEHU, Tech Talk, and OI&T conference as well as hosting a national monthly field call. Is a Release Manager for package releases as well as patches to the field. Expert in FileMan (FM), and template creation Produces and performs patch installations within Vista, using verify, backup, and installation commands. Assisting with upcoming Cerner related projects, as well as working with Laboratory, VBECS, and Blind Rehab migrations. Conducts systems security evaluations, audits and reviews; and develop Automated Information Systems (AIS) security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures, as part of the local business continuity team. Consults with Application Developers for new patches to fix assisting issues within the packages serviced. Serves as Applications Coordinator for Lab, VBECS, Blind Rehab, CPRS, and OR patches Uses Dynamic Data to generate web pages, with minimal code, and analyze database schema. Expert in WPF, XAML applications, ADO.NET, LINQ, and XML code maintenance and WCF. Expert in unified syntax, AJAX, and MVC (alternatives for ASP.NET development of forms). Expert in WSE ASMX, Com+, and MSMA. Expert in Visual Studio and Windows Azure. Expert in the IT life cycle (design, acquisition, operation, maintenance and refresh of information technology). Monitors and tracks controlled access programs to ensure implementation and viability of appropriate systems security policies, as well as the acquisition of IT security tools. Conducts checks on error traps. Investigates local AIS programs to identify possible breach of security and/or other violations. Conducts vulnerability analysis and risk assessment studies of planned and installed information systems to assure that local AIS security plans and policies established are adequate for protection needs and comply as required by statute. Facilitates and coordinates the gathering, analysis and preservation of evidence used in addressing security violations. Resolves integration issues related to the implementation of new systems within the existing infrastructure. Develops long-range plans for multiple IT security systems to anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities. Provides guidance for the solution of difficult and unprecedented problems resulting from new and modified operational management information concepts and requirements. Works on Windows 8, Windows 10 and Windows server interfaces. Provides program progress report and documentation of application activities. Provides comprehensive project-level requirements analysis and management for projects and initiatives undertaken to plan, engineer, and implement IT systems improvements and enhancements in support of the VA mission. Manages requirements throughout a project lifecycle. Protects data from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration, or unauthorized deletion. Carries out difficult and complex assignments and develops new methods to approach procedures. Uses HP, VMS, VOIP and Linux operating systems. Understands of Core systems of Configuration Management/SCCM to support IT Managers and end users. Background and knowledge in management, and implementation of the core client technologies (Enterprise Software Distribution Programs, desktop standardization and standardization efforts). Understands the various workstation and laptop types. Analyzes project risks and the ultimate project impact. Manages the daily technical and administrative processes for IT security programs. Ensures internal and external customers have an elevated level of satisfaction with program services. Expert in IT security principles and methods, and project management principles and methods to plan and coordinate the installation of new products or equipment. Coordinates the implementation of programs across the End User Operations and establishes vulnerability reporting criteria. Tests and implements new policies, and institutes measures to ensure awareness and compliance. Reviews and evaluates proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks. Integrates programs across the End User Operations and OIT and define the scope and level of detail for security plans and policies applicable to security/ access programs. Uses IT knowledge to influence and adapt systems to drive management of the health system toward effectiveness and efficiency. Expert in testing software, troubleshooting packages and standardizing procedures and process in the Financial/ Admin/ Infrastructure, and Clinical VistA Applications service lines. Performs workflow assessment and optimization in clinical, administrative, educational, and research domains, in addition to adapting software to existing workflow. Optimizes the functionality of systems; diagnoses and recovers failed systems and recommends additional components to improve systems performance. Works with clients, internal and external customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Expert in research of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service/support model and ITIL incident and change management processes. Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. As a technical authority, plans, coordinates, develops, improves and implements efficient and economical management of information systems in support of Service Line activities. Aids junior staff members with daily tasks. Daily tasks include submitting change orders, coordinating installs, troubleshooting outages, working with vendors, documentation, etc. Provides report and trend analysis regarding the support of applications to management. Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations Provides support of system application and client technologies. Has ability to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of operating procedures. Thorough when working and pays attention to detail. Participates with teams on information technology programs to ensure controlled accessibility to Authorized Information Systems (AIS), and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks and data. Works closely with customer officials to ensure seamless implementation of products and services, to mitigate security vulnerabilities and risks, and maintain server integrity and availability. Possesses IT security principles, methods, security products and services to evaluate and recommend the acquisition, implementation and dissemination of security tools, policies, procedures and practices to protect Automated Information System, network and data. Manages, plans, and coordinates system fixes, updates, and enhancements for application servers, database servers, and/or Vista interfaces. Creates and maintains documentation in support of these IT application updates. Makes decisions regarding finances for equipment and events. Analyzes and applies supervisory decisions derived from a variety of data or complex information. Disseminates this information to executive leadership, peers, and subordinates. Assists in diagnosing moderately complex health system interfaces, critical devices, and business critical systems. Expert in the knowledge and application of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) on information security and federal laws governing information security such as the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA). Understands security certification and accreditation requirements, systems testing and evaluation and performance management methods to plan and conduct security accreditation reviews for installed systems and networks. Provides technical expertise and management on the implementation of assigned programs and projects. Researches, tests, and plans for the integration of new information technologies. Expert in the human resources management system, with a focus on sociology and interpersonal labor relations. Recommends new or revised security measures and countermeasures based on accreditation review results. Expert in testing and assessment methods, network operations and life cycle management principles to evaluating new security authentication technologies. Serves as a subject matter expert for major policy and program initiatives associated with computer security and compliance. Participates in Business-Critical Systems (BCS) operations and maintenance. Exemplary at conducting follow-up actions based on the results of internal analysis and external reviews. Installs patches and maintains health level 7 interfaces and product (HL7s). Expert in a variety of information technology (IT) hardware, software and applications systems used within Veteran Affairs. Serves as a system administrator in OI&T to provide system deployment support to achieve operational capability that satisfies mission needs. Supports, implements, and recommends improvement to regional policies and procedures as they pertain to division, utilizes experience, discretion, judgment and expert in IT practices and principles in support of the division. Interacts with supervisors when planning, coordinating, and installing software with other regional installation teams. Monitors, diagnoses, troubleshoots, and resolves system failures. Information Technology Specialist (Applications Software/ Infrastructure) GS 11 40 hours per week
- Information Technology Specialist at Office of Information Technology, Virtual
- HR, Nursing, Physician, Phlebotomy at Police Service
- Expert at Office of Information Technology, Central Texas Veterans Affairs Medical Center
1 year at this Job
- Doctor of Business Administration - Social Impact Management
- Master of Business Administration - Business
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Received advanced individual Training at Fort Gordon, Cyber Center of Excellence, as an information technology specialist
● Operated help desk, assisting soldiers access server accounts and outlook emails
● Collaborate with my squad to complete our objective
- information technology specialist at United States Army - Reservist
- Seasonal Associate at Kohl's
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Information Technology Specialist
Completed Information Technology Specialist Course, U.S. Army, Fort Gordon
• Installs, operates and performs unit maintenance on network computer systems
• Troubleshoots automation equipment and systems, isolating malfunctions
• Maintains serialized sensitive secured communications equipment
• Experience with network security detection and prevention
• Compiles production data and progress reports for specific projects
- Information Technology Specialist at Washington Army National Guard
- Security Officer at AlliedBarton Security Services
- Asset Protection Associate at Wal-Mart
7 years at this Job
Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming) Senior Information Security Analyst (see below for duties description)
Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming)
Senior Information Security Analyst
(see below for duties description)
- Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming) at NYS Comptroller’s Office Enterprise Information Security Office
- Associate/Seafood Department at Price Chopper
- Assistant Manager at Dollar Tree
- Customer Service Manager at Walmart
13 years, 3 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
850 Chisholm Road Fort Meade, MD 20755 United States 12/2008 - 09/2015 Information Technology Specialist ( Custspt) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Responds to all user reported incidents of IT difficulties, troubleshooting software and hardware determining and resolving the problem either through repair or configuring items
850 Chisholm Road
Fort Meade, MD 20755 United States
12/2008 - 09/2015
Information Technology Specialist ( Custspt)
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
Responds to all user reported incidents of IT difficulties, troubleshooting software and hardware determining and resolving the problem either through repair or configuring items
- Information Technology Specialist ( Custspt) at Military Entrance Processing Station
- Processing Clerk at Military Entrance Processing Station
- Operation Assistant at Recruiting Retention Battalion
- As member at US Army
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - Computer Networking
Security Clearance: Secret As a Information Technology Specialist (25Bravo) We preform system administrator duties such as the installation, maintenance , troubleshooting and testing of networks. With a wide technical knowledge in the operation of Local Area Networks (LAN), and Wide Area Networks (WAN) and other network systems. With additional knowledge in network security such as the monitoring networks, installing protective software, and implementing security procedures.
Security Clearance: Secret
As a Information Technology Specialist (25Bravo) We preform system administrator duties such as the installation, maintenance , troubleshooting and testing of networks. With a wide technical knowledge in the operation of Local Area Networks (LAN), and Wide Area Networks (WAN) and other network systems. With additional knowledge in network security such as the monitoring networks, installing protective software, and implementing security procedures.
- Information Technology Specialist at U.S. Army
- Car Wash Team Member at Rydell Chevrolet
- Dietary Aide at Valley Elder Care
- Lifeguard at Canad Inns
at this Job
- - Information Technology
- High school or equivalent
2322 Dauphine Street
Atlanta, GA 30344 United States 01/2012 - Present
Salary: 3,856.00 USD Per Year
Hours per week: 40
Information Technology Specialist
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
As a information technology specialist I preform as a detail-oriented, effective, and experienced specialist to the team. In this position, I will use my expertise to monitor, and maintain our IT systems. My main objective is to focus on specific computer network, database, or systems administration. Under minimum supervision, I install, configure, service, repair and maintain information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment. I also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are fully operational. My duties include but not limited to:
• Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss estimate and resolve issues
• Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, antivirus, email security, etc.
• Prepare estimates used by management for purposes of planning, organizing, and scheduling work
• Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
• Install and configure wireless networking equipment
• Create, analyze, report, convert, or transfer data, using specialized applications program software
• Provide for the implementation, configuration, deployment and support of systems, including, but not limited to client computing devices and servers
• Provide training to new employees and other training sessions as required Supervisor: Tyrone Dawn (678-859-0499) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes XPO logistics 2800 Forrest Park rd Atlanta, GA 30354 United States
- Information Technology Specialist at United States Army Reserve
- Logistics Coordinator at
- Cellphone Repair Technician at Lexicon Technologies
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Computer Information Systems
Supervisor: Aaron La puma (240)409-9873 I enlisted with the Army Reserves and currently serve as an Information Technology Specialist. Currently have 3 years of Reserve service. I have been through a variety of leadership courses. Attend a rigorous 27-week training program in a
location away from my current residence. I have received training that has led to me attaining different certifications in the IT career field.
• Trained to install, set-up, rearrange, or remove switching, distribution, routing, and dialing equipment in military vehicles and installed/ portable communications equipment.
• Planned and supervised the installation of signal support systems.
• Provided technical assistance and operated automation
• Conducted target research assessing if signal support systems are performing as expected.
• Logged and maintained classified documentation.
• Consistently recognized for technical troubleshooting skills used to rapidly and cost-effectively resolve challenging technical issues.
• Able to train others and adept at providing complete reports in assessable terms.
• Kept records of sensitive data, such as Classified Information and Materials Security
• Coordinate the installation, testing, and integration of IT systems hardware or software components for an organization.
• Provide assistance in maintaining network or systems services for an organization as Network/Software Administrator.
• Oversee IT operations or activities to ensure established program goals and objectives are met for an organization as Project Manager. Accomplishments:
• COMSEC CUSTODIAN Certification
- Information Technology Specialist at US ARMY
- Radio Operator-Maintainer at US ARMY
- Deli Clerk at US ARMY
- Server at US ARMY
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Phycology
As an Information Technology Specialist duties consisted of, setting up and maintaining
networks for battalion sized operations as well as maintaining network operations
civilian clients. Directly working and understanding Cisco systems and protocols,
working with satellites as well as creating and managing accounts for 400+ members of an organization.
TRAINING AND MENTORING
• Provide training on equipment and as well as updated systems and protocols for Cisco Systems
• Vice President of Communication in an organization called "Distinguished Gentlemen" our mission is to mentor young men and introduce different, more positive avenues in life.
• Lead and organize weekly physical training sessions on a company level.
• Team leader position in Korea, assigned with soldiers as well as equipment. COMMUNICATION
• Two years of experience with communication through college courses, as well as being a Vice President of Communication in mentor group.
• Organizing and presenting briefs in the military
• DECA competitions on a national level
• Relaying information from team members to higher ups
- Information Technology Specialist at US Army
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Media and Communication
Administrator, Information Technology Specialist
• Spearheaded coordination of and conducted end user demonstration and training sessions in 37 counties around the state.
• End User Support: Create, maintain, and remove user accounts for access to Odyssey Portal, ensuring the right level of access and roles assigned. Working under established guidelines, policies and procedures, this position ensures the proper access is given to all types of data and documents for each end user.
• Product Support: Assist with hardware and software upgrades, installations, and troubleshooting. Demonstrating and maintaining a high level of proficiency in the use of supported software.
• Direct Customer Support: Responding to customer requests for computer assistance, identifying computer and or application related problems, resolving these problems directly. Coordinating escalation to vendor technical team members when appropriate. Provide incident and problem resolution to support end users by analyzing and troubleshooting issues, implementing solutions.
• Help Desk Support: Answering and respond to help desk tickets in RightNow system. Checking, researching, resolving and closing eService tickets, emails and direct service requests in a timely and accurate manner.
• Problem Solving: Analyzes problems reported by customers, to identify the root cause(s). Evaluates possible courses of action; uses reason, logic, and creativity to reach resolution.
• Testing: Assist with evaluating and testing application releases and patches including updating related documentation and User Guides. Determine if the vendor coded solution performs according to the requirements and technical specifications. Determine impact, resolve, or escalate issues resulting from failed tests.
• Teaching and Training: Effectively communicate information for the purpose of having others learn. Communicate information based on specific needs of customer, techniques, or how to guidance.
• Interact and communicate information as subject matter expert to ensure consistency of information to users of applications supported by AOC.
• Document defects and issues via agency protocols using ClearQuest and vendor-provided issue reporting software.
• Gather requirements for Odyssey Portal enhancements; participate with clients, Project technical staff and vendor on design reviews, test vendor provided solutions to ensure requirements are met and functionality is maintained
- Administrator, Information Technology Specialist at Odyssey Portal Technical
- Senior Administrative Assistant at
- Administrative Assistant at Washington State Department of Health
- Administrative Assistant at Michaels Stores Inc
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate of Achievement
- Security Certificate of Achievement
- Associate Degree