Currently working for Great Oaks Career Campuses as a Information Technology Technician. Responsibilities include deploying and configuring new systems and software, deploying and configuring networking equipment, and providing support for systems and networks.
- Information Technology Technician at Great Oaks Career Campuses
- Support Technician at HelloTech
- Greene County Data Processing Internship at Greene County, Ohio
- Information Technology Summer Internship at Greene County Career Center
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Certificate of Completion - Computer Servicing and Repair
- High School Diploma
Information Technology Technician Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Perform various computer related task involving both hardware and software. Maintained and managed networking systems, user applications, and documentations. Assisted City employees with day-today computing needs and staff I.T. Helpdesk calls. Perform setup, installation and maintenance of various computer hardware and software systems to include microcomputers, thin clients, servers, LAN and WAN networking systems. Assist with maintaining, enhancing and monitoring of the City’s Internet and Intranet Web sites. Provide technical support and training to users for various computer hardware and software as needed. Maintain and monitor inventory of computer hardware and software. Troubleshoot end user computer problems. Write documentation for procedures, applications, programs and training. Receive, document, prioritize, and schedule installation and maintenance of PC based systems and thin clients; notifies those requesting work of the expected resolution time. Assist the Network Specialist or others with the management and/or tracking of projects. Operate various computer systems and peripheral equipment (i.e. printers, storage devices, terminals, telecommunications hardware/software, etc.) according to established procedures. Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of computer equipment and work areas. Also, perform any related work as required. Skills Developed: Knowledge of microcomputers, server hardware, virtualization, and Microsoft operating systems. Ability to troubleshoot technical issues by utilizing online knowledge bases, whitepapers and other technical resources. Ability to exercise independent judgment and make decisions in the absence of direct supervision. Ability to meet job demands under stressful situations (i.e. program conversion deadlines, program/data recoveries from hardware failures, etc.). Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and reason valid conclusions. Ability to work productively as part of a team, to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively with individuals and groups.
- Information Technology Technician at City of Oviedo
- Information Technology Specialist at United States Army
- Training Room/Human Resources Specialist at United States Army
- Calvary Scout at United States Army
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Intelligence
- Bachelor's - Computer Information Systems
Information Technology Technician Upon request from Service Resource, travel to various locations to work with Helpdesk representatives to troubleshoot and repair information technology related issues.
- Information Technology Technician at Service Resource
- Environmental Services Technician at SUBURBAN PROPANE
- Information Technology Analyst at 3in1 Technologies
3 months at this Job
- Associate of Science in Computer Information Science - Computer Information Science
Primarily responsible for fixing and maintaining desktop computing environments used by home computer users and employees in the organization.
● Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
● Customer Service; provide remote assistance through the telephone and internet to guide end users who need to troubleshoot their computers. Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
● Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
● Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems, run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
● Resolve technical problems with local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN) and other systems.
● Install computer peripherals for users.
● Active Directory support / administration; password resets.
● File sharing documents, setting permissions and security between servers and computers. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN family intervention services, east orange, NJ September 2009 to December 2015
● Install, operate and maintain network services, routers, concentrators, hub switches, modems and other network devices.
● Install and configure local area data communications networks that may carry data, voice and video communication.
● Active Directory support.
● Install, update and repair Windows and Apple computers.
● Troubleshoot and resolve network communication problems.
● Ticket resolution; working with ticketing system
- Information TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN / desktop support at YOUTH CONSULTATION SERVICES
- AUTOMATED LOGISTICS SPECIALIST at UNITED STATES ARMY
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Diploma - PC/Lan
- High School Diploma
* Provided installation and troubleshooting for 90 engineering software applications * Reimaged, repaired, and installed desktop/laptop computer hardware and software * Consulted engineering professors regarding ongoing technical issues
- Information Technology Technician at University of North Dakota - Engineering Information Technology Services
- Technology Support Specialist at University of North Dakota - Engineering Information Technology Services
- Assistant Construction Coordinator at Smart Alternatives Inc
- English Tutor at Bucheon English School
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Geological Engineering
Assisted the Information Technology Department, in setting up, configuring, and supporting workstations as well as cable management in various business environments / locations.
- Information Technology Technician at Welch Technologies
- Advanced Technician CompTIA A+ at Edison Job Corps Center
- Computer Technician Apprentice at Jacksonville Job Corps Center
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Information Technology Field Services Technician/Engineer: My primary role is to provide onsite and remote support to different clients including Retail, Banking, Government, Healthcare, Financial and research firms. I worked with many IT devices including Computers, Printer’s, Server’s, POS system, PDA’s and Close circuit camera. Networking equipments including Cisco Router’s, Cisco Switches, IP Phones, LAN cabling, installing Cisco WLC, and Cisco AP’s. I have extensive knowledge on Dell T710, blade VRTX, IBM Blade Center and HP DL380 Gen 7, 8 & 9, Prolient server hardwares. Mobile devices Apple iPads, phones and Androids devices. SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR 03-2013-03-2016 (3 years) CompuCom Systems contract with Office Max Warehouse Las Vegas. Onsite supports and monitor IT machines, including Computers, networking devices, printers, servers & mobile devices.
- Information Technology Technician at CompuCom Systems
- Manufacturer's Representative at MARKETSOURCE/CHANNEL FORCE
- Sales Representative at FRY'S ELECTRONICS
- Sales Associate at SEARS
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- AS - Information Technology
Technician who responds to initial telephone or email inquiries, troubleshooting, and managing relatively simple hardware, software, or network problems for software and systems supported by Galveston College. Provide assistance to students, faculty, and staff with computer systems, workstations, and computer applications. Maintain records of incoming requests for assistance and responses given and/or services provided to facilitate a resolution.
- Information Technology Technician at Galveston College
- Front Desk Associate at Braodway Dental
- Optometric Technician/ Receptionist at Family Vision Center
7 months at this Job
- Associates in Science - General Studies
Job Type: Technician
Hours: Full-Time, 40+ hours per week
• Remote and onsite assistance.
• Providing support for all hardware, software, and peripheral issues.
• Creating users and groups in Active Directory, managing Group Policy.
• Installing printers, access points, servers, switches, and VoIP phones.
• Experience with MS Exchange/MS Office: creating email accounts, groups, setting up mail flow rules; creating and generating reports using Exchange PowerShell.
• Performed server maintenance, restoring deleted data from backups. Trained in Sophos and Palo Alto firewall.
- Information Technology Technician at Quantum Services Group
- Help Desk Supervisor at PC Treasures
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Defense - Cyber Defense
• Maintain and manage integrated library system and catalog, Alma/Primo
• Manage technology desk student workers; hiring, firing, scheduling, etc.
• Supervise and teach workshops in the 'Steamworks' creative makerspace, using 3D printers, vinyl cutters, etc.
• Respond to and address IT problems such as malfunctioning PC's or programs in the library
• Assist with maintenance and updates to the library's web presences via HTML, CSS, and LibGuides
- Information Technology Technician at Kutztown University
- Web Services Librarian/Webmaster at Newton Free Library
- Part time Reference Librarian at Newton Free Library
- Collection Development Intern at Simmons College Beatley Library
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Library and Information Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Comparative Literature