As an Infrastructure architect is considered a technical expert in infrastructure, systems engineering and operations. Acting independently with little direction supporting the system engineering, hosting and system services, networking, application development, and PMO teams. Performs the necessary coordination, facilitation, analysis and design tasks related to the development of an enterprise technical architecture. The Infrastructure architect will assume the primary responsibility and ownership for all enterprise technology architectures. This includes creating optimum technical solutions, meeting / exceeding requirements, ensuring system security, quality, robust performance, and flexibility for future change. DST Systems, Quincy, MA (On April 16, 2018, DST Systems was acquired by SS&C Technologies)
- Infrastructure Architect at CVS Healthcare
- Integration Engineer at DST Systems
- Infrastructure Architect at Boston Financial Data Services, Inc
- at Boston Financial Data Services
5 months at this Job
Lead infrastructure architect responsible for designing and implementing information systems
which will adequately support the analytics systems for the center. Provides technical expertise and analysis for system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be
effectively integrated with current applications. Manages a team which helps ensure that all
systems are working at optimal levels and offers support to analytics projects regarding new
technologies and client system requirements.
• Lead technical and infrastructure architect responsible for coordinating the construction and build of the new IBM center in Buffalo. Works with architects, general contractors, vendors, and cabling/network vendors for the completion of the 105,000 sq foot IBM facility.
• Key skills for this include: project management, financial planning, server, networking, change management and vendor management.
- Infrastructure Architect at IBM
- Services Account Executive at IBM
- Technical Sales Specialist - IBM Servers at IBM
- IT Specialist - Network Consultant at IBM
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration, Information Technology
- Associate - Communications
Columbus, OH 2015 - 2019
An airline owned by private or fractional ownership into private jets, and flight services.
Responsible for collaborative decision making in guiding technology selection, reducing outages and implementing seamless deployments, maintaining high security standards with accountability to FAA regulations.
• Implemented Hybrid on-prem/cloud customer data management for vender orders and catering of flights. 24/7 support.
• Participated in deployment and triage, incident management 24/7 support.
• Worked closely with development staff and provided assistance and educational presentation,
• Presented Architectural reviews and documentation of emerging technologies.
• Created detailed documentation for deployment, maintenance, incident management and best practices.
• Developed, Automation and documented best practices for rapid deployment and testing of internal processes ensuring Zero Down Time application deployments.
• Developed continuous improvement strategy and Automation to achieved increasing uptime from 50% to over 99% in 1 year and reduced of major production down time from 8 hours to 80 minutes.
• Evaluated multiple Cloud Architectures, Google, Azure and AWS offerings for a POC of FAA SWIM big data Shared Services. Acted as SCRUM master on multiple projects to properly evaluate and manage scope.
• Created Virtualized environments for Oracle Decision Manager using Docker and ECS.
• Created Dynatrace sensors and dashboards to provide instant information on the health of the system topology.
• Evaluated analytics, Cloudwatch, DataDog, Appdynamics, and Dynatrace leveraging Cloud Computing.
• Assessed build vs. buy solutions for frameworks, infrastructure and backend solutions.
• Migrated outdated solutions to more robust systems scalable cloud AWS ECS instances, and Salesforce providing more efficient and cost effective solutions to meet business needs.
• Drove automation of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery on prem using Jenkins and Rundeck, and on Cloud using AWS Code Pipeline leading to providing the company with a DRS that afforded the company with a flawless safety record.
• Leveraged experience to influence teams to build on prior success by creativity implementing various product strategies and developing technology roadmaps to secure reliable platforms to ensure long term product viability and reducing cost.
- Infrastructure Architect at Fractional Private Airline
- Principal Architect at Pearson
- Senior System Engineer at Pearson
- Consultant Architect at Lucent Technologies
4 years at this Job
- Master's - Optical Computing
- Bachelors of Science - Electrical Engineering
Cyber Reconnaissance provides a Vulnerability Risk SaaS tool to fortune 500 clients. It is an early stage startup.
As Chief Infrastructure Architect I-
• Reduced AWS infrastructure spend by 20%
• Designed the following Frameworks/Programs ◦ Network ◦ Security ◦ Automation and Tooling (CICD and Monitoring) ◦ Backup and DR ◦ DevOps
• Worked on Operational issues and outages
• Led a team of Jr Infrastructure, Security, and Automation Engineers
- Chief Infrastructure Architect at Cyber Reconnaissance
- Infrastructure Managed Service Practice Lead at TB Consulting
- Sr Solutions Architect at OnX Enterprise Solutions
- IT Strategist at EvoTek LLC
2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Perficient is a software services firm that uses leading and emerging technologies to Web-enable complex enterprise systems. Perficient builds deep expertise around J2EE, WebSphere, WebSphere Portal, and a wide array of IBM technologies. Perficient provides customers and partners with teams of expert technology professionals that manage the implementation of their products for end-user customers. - Principal Financial Group - IT Infrastructure Consultant for Principal Group. The engagement involved migrating Principal's intranet portal from WebSphere Portal Server 8.0 to WebSphere Portal Server 9.0. Responsible for setting up the infrastructure for WebSphere Portal 9.0 in Special, Test, Pilot, Authoring and Production. Technologies include WebSphere Application Server 9.0, WebSphere Portal Server 9.0, Db2 10.5 and Web Content Management 9.0. - Kaiser Permanente (KP) - IT Infrastructure Support Consultant for Kp.org. Worked on migration of Adobe Experience manager 6.1 from WebSphere Portal Server 8.0. Responsible for Adobe Experience Manager 6.1 Infrastructure planning, administration, production support, monitoring & creating AEM RUN book. - Hospitals Corporation of America (HCA) - IT Infrastructure Consultant for implementing IBM Connections 5.5 for HCA's business partner Sarah Cannon. Responsible for overall setup of IBM Connections 5.5 (on WebSphere Application Server 8.5) environment and Integrating it with WebSphere Portal Server in DEV, QA, Stage and Production Environments. The purpose of this project was to introduce social networking for all registered cancer patients at SarahCannon.com - Trustmark Bank - IT Infrastructure Consultant for Trustmark Bank. The engagement involved migrating Trustmark's intranet portal from WebSphere Portal Server 8.0 to WebSphere Portal Server 8.5. Responsible for setting up the infrastructure for WebSphere Portal 8.5 in DEV, QA, Staging and Production environments. Technologies include WebSphere Application Server 8.5, WebSphere Portal Server 8.5, Db2 10.5, and Web Content Management 8.5. - Hospitals Corporation of America (HCA) - IT Infrastructure Consultant for implementing IBM Connections 5.5 proof of concept for HCA's business partner Sarah Cannon. Responsible for overall setup of IBM Connections 5.5(on WebSphere Application Server 8.5) environment and integrating it with WebSphere Portal Server 8.0. The purpose of this project was to introduce social networking for all registered cancer patients at SarahCannon.com - Tufts University - IT Infrastructure Consultant for implementing Portal Application Archive (PAA). Responsibilities included defining the structure of PAA, building a PAA, deploying a PAA, suggesting best practices for building PAA files. - Volkswagen - IT Infrastructure Consultant for implementing mobile application using IBM Mobile First Foundation Platform (IBM MFPF). The purpose of this project is to build a new mobile application for VW.com, which can be accessed by all the VW dealers across North America. Technologies include IBM Mobile First Platform Foundation 7.0, DB2. Installed, configured and documented IBM MFPF Implementation. - Caterpillar Inc. - IT Infrastructure Support Consultant for a Cat.com and Caterpillar.com. Performed 24/7 support for the Caterpillar Portal's. Responsible for Adobe Experience Manager 5.6.1 administration, security, content management and Personalization. Responsible for monthly releases, resolving and documenting all production issues. - Blue Shield Of California - IT Infrastructure Consultant for supporting blueshieldca.com WebSphere Portal Infrastructure. Responsible for production releases, managed work efforts of resolving incidents working with offshore. - Legal Shield - IT Infrastructure Consultant for Legal Shield, A legal services provider. The engagement involved migrating legacy Associates only / Provider only web applications to WebSphere Portal. The engagement encompassed all phases of portal deployment including installation, configuration, requirements, user experience testing, technical design, release management, performance testing, migration, content management, development, and more. Technologies include WebSphere Application Server 8.5, WebSphere Portal 8.0, IBM Content Analytics, IBM Forms Experienced Builder 8.5, IBM Work Light 6.1, DB2 Work Group Edition 10.1, IBM Http Server 8.0 and IBM MQ.
- Technical Architect at Perficient, Inc
- Principal Software Engineer / Technical Lead at Staples Inc
- Sr. WebSphere Administrator at Arcadia Solutions Inc
- Systems Integration Analyst / WebSphere Administrator at Avco Consulting Inc
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Mathematics and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science
Dallas, TX (REMOTE) 04/13 - Present Clients: Focus, Flagship, State of Nebraska, Enumclaw, State of Oregon, YUM Brands, radialMatrix WebSphere Infrastructure Architect Daily tasks include: Clients' WebSphere/MQ/IIB/MQFTE SME, WAS v8.x infrastructure architecture analysis, design, and build-outs on IBM SoftLayer platform. IBM PureApp pattern creation and systems installation. DevOps work with OpenStack storage (Cinder, Glance, Swift). Docker and Chef deployments of WebSphere. Use of combinations Python, Shell, ANT for paramitized and repeatable application and systems deployment tasks. Use GPFS as a single scale-out data store for entire enterprise. IBM BigFix/IEM/ILMT: Architect, deploy, migrate from previous version (7.5 to 9.x), configure and train users on IBM BigFix for IBM Endpoint Manager relays/clients for Lifecycle Management (OS Deployment) Patch Management, Software Use Analysis, ILMT, Server Automation. IBM BlueMix: Managing repeatable platform deployments of WebSphere, MQ, DB2. Network, data encryption, and access control into SoftLayer domains. IBM SoftLayer: installation, configuration, tuning and automation scripting of IBM Middleware stack on virtualized SoftLayer systems.
- WebSphere Infrastructure Architect at TxMQ
- WebSphere Infrastructure Engineer at Univar
- WebSphere Infrastructure Architect at
- WebSphere Infrastructure Architect at Insight Global
5 years, 11 months at this Job
Member of enterprise architect team to define technology roadmap, participate in technology forecasting, and provide guidance on creation of POCs, system lifecycle and overall solution design ✓ Work on consolidating infrastructure in situations of acquisitions/mergers, oversee integration of applications, networks and extensive hands on implementation of hyper converged solutions (like Storage Space Direct) ✓ Extensive experience in Design, Implementation and Management of various Microsoft Technologies (Active Directory Services, Exchange, SCOM, SCVMM Microsoft Clustering, Network Load Balancing and Windows 2k/2003/2008 /2012/2016/2019 Server Core Infrastructure) ✓ Design and implement Private Cloud Infrastructure for Internal applications (Hyper-V) ✓ Responsible for Global Active Directory architecture, policy and guidelines ✓ Architect solutions using MS Azure PaaS, IaaS services such as SQL Server, NSG, Cognitive, ASR, etc. ✓ Provide Azure technical expertise including strategic design and architectural mentorship, assessments, POCs, etc. ✓ Troubleshoot and identify performance, connectivity and other issues for the applications hosted in Azure platform ✓ Actively worked on setting up a multi noded Kubernetes Cluster on Ubuntu 16.04 ✓ Knowledge on Containerization, also worked on few Docker Containerization project. ✓ Solution, Design and Implementaion DR solutions to Azure using Hyper-V and storage replications ✓ Extensively worked on Cisco UCS platforms running various work loads ✓ Extensive knowledge on networking platform ✓ Responsible for Global Active Directory architecture, policy and guidelines ✓ Participate in ongoing IT Security measurements and reporting for senior management review ✓ Knowledge on Amazon cloud ✓ Provides security-centric subject matter expertise in operating systems, databases, network devices and application development platforms. ✓ Migrate and upgrade legacy infrastructure Application. ✓ Consolidate Domain controllers. ✓ Design, implement and manage VMware Infrastructure ✓ Datacenter Management. ✓ Provide recommendation based on changing technology(CRM,AX,ADFS Integration) ✓ Provide automation using scripts, orchestrator ✓ Working knowledge on VNX, NetApp ✓ Upgrading Windows server 2012 r2 to Windows Server 2016 ✓ Citrix 7.9 management, design, implementation ✓ Provided PCI compliant security recommendations for various application implementations ✓ F5/Netscaler design and implementation consistent with security guidelines and business requirements (LTM) ✓ Planned and executed VMware to Hyper-V migration ✓ Azure Site Recovery Configuration for Disaster recovery solution ✓ Microsoft EA agreements and license compliance ✓ Migrating AD environments of business acquisitions, users, workstations, servers and applications ✓ Designed the management solution remediate the security threats and audit compliance. ✓ Windows 2016 knowledge (Shielded VM, Container, Storage Space Direct etc.) ✓ Azure Pack implementation for private cloud ✓ Consistently met or exceeded all project objectives ✓ Managed a global redeploy process to re-assign underutilized server and storage assets that reduced new purchases by 30%
- Infrastructure Architect at TempurSealy
- Technical Manger at Cognizant Technology Solutions, NJ
- Systems Engineer at EMC Corporation
- Senior System Engineer at Wipro Technologies
4 years, 10 months at this Job
client: Department of Labor
As an infrastructure architect, I am a part of the team which managed the entire IT infrastructure
lifecycle to include requirement analysis, solution design, project planning and execution, monitoring,
audits, license management, vendor relationship management and assisting senior IT leaders to make
effective technology driven decisions. In this role, I am responsible to:
• Evaluate emerging technologies in virtual and cloud infrastructure, conduct proof of concept with the vendors to conceptualize and experiment with alternative approaches, validate the architecture against the business requirements and recommend target architecture.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in legacy systems, provide recommendations to upgrade using cutting-edge technologies and open source solutions.
• Assess infrastructure requirements while collaborating with the business stakeholders, solutions / application architects, security and operations teams, translate those into technical specifications and operational requirements, and ensure that the infrastructure can meet the business needs.
• Baseline infrastructure capacity, utilization and performance to analyze, redesign and implement new architecture, which can meet the growth and performance guidelines.
• Design, document and implement reliable, scalable, secure and high available infrastructure solutions.
• Plan and deliver complex infrastructure projects using agile methodology to break down complex deliverables into easily manageable tasks and prioritize tasks for rapid deployment.
• Provide support for newly deployed infrastructure solutions in production environment during hardware, OS and application software upgrade cycles.
• Support multi-year transition programs of application migration from legacy to emerging and open source platforms across multiple agencies in DOL which includes providing support and training to the operations team. | 4 E-mail: [email protected] Phone: +1 (703) 307-6256
• Provide training to operations team during transition from legacy to modern and emerging target architecture including cloud, IaaS/PaaS platforms and DevOps pipeline.
• Define, document and implement standard operating procedures and best practices for the entire infrastructure eco system in collaboration with operations, development and security teams.
• Coordinate with security and operations teams to ensure implementation of security policies and procedures as per federal mandates and industry best practices for infrastructure and production support.
• Conduct infrastructure audit to assess performance and availability criteria as well as architectural integrity and consistency across development, test and production systems.
• Collaborate with data center support team for data center optimization/consolidation and P2V migration.
• Collaborate with operations team to analyze and troubleshoot performance as well as other complex situations.
• Coordinate with internal and external auditors for federal security compliance reviews.
• Monitor license / subscription usage for VMware, Red Hat, IBM servers and software, and coordinate with procurement team for renewal / additional purchases.
- Sr. IT Infrastructure Architect at Idexcel Inc
- Sr. Data Architect at Idexcel Inc
- Sr. Database Integration Specialist at Panacea Consulting at Department of Labor
- Software Specialist at IBM India Ltd
11 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master - Computer Applications
Infrastructure Subject Matter Expert, Storage Architect, Network Architect, and Cloud Architect for largest Clinical OLTP Data Repository in the World. Corporate contributor in Enterprise Design
Patterns that define cloud brokerage, DBaaS, SaaS and PaaS designs to fully support FISMA high
controls. IaaS design, implementation and support in RHEV, OpenStack (KVM) and VMware.
• Designed over $40M of hardware purchases (many PB of storage). Established National Disaster Recovery and 12 other environments.
• Produced Veterans Affairs security baseline kickstarts for Oracle Services (WebLogic and RAC) on RHEL6 and RHEL7 based upon DISA STIGs.
• Primary Support of 400+ machines for VA Development Teams = SAN (HP, Hitachi, EMC and NetApp), NAS, RHEV, OpenStack, VMware, HP-UX Serviceguard, Solaris, Linux, Windows, WebLogic, Oracle RAC, InterSystems Cache', SharePoint, MS-SQL, IPA-LDAP, Perforce, Rational Tools (Agile), all load balancers (F5 and ACE appliances), switches and WAN emulators (Shunra).
- Infrastructure Architect at Leidos at The Department of Veterans Affairs
- Storage Administrator Sr at Tomax Corporation
- SAN Administrator Sr at Intermountain Healthcare
- Infrastructure Solutions Architect at UnitedHealth Group
10 years, 4 months at this Job
- BS-Computer Information Technology - Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology - Health Administrative Services
- Infrastructure architect responsible for assisting in creating and implementing a new conceptual design for restructuring KPMG's corporate internal and data center infrastructure. KPMG's created new network infrastructure initiatives to restructure and standardize their two national data centers to adequately support their growing global customer service portfolio. The new conceptual infrastructure design would consist of a routed core using Cisco Nexus 7000 series switches (7710 switches), a distribution layer using Cisco Nexus 9000 switches running ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) in "Network Centric" mode (93180YCEX/FX & 9508 switches), the Unified Computing System (UCS) platform (C series servers & 5108 chassis), MDS fabric switches (9148) for Fiber Channel connectivity, Palo Alto firewalls (5000 series), VMware hypervisor multi-tenancy for compute, and EMC VNX SAN array for storage; - Responsible for assisting in creating the conception for a new network infrastructure design, implementation and operational support for KPMG's national production data centers. The new approach for the network infrastructure design was focused on implementing a "zero-trust" design model and network programmability (SDDC model) for all infrastructure automation and orchestration; - Assisted in developing a first phase implementation plan for a multi stage CLOS fabric distribution architecture within two of their national data centers. This new architecture will require KPMG to migrate from a traditional core / distribution / access network model using the legacy Cisco Catalyst 6500 platform, to a new CLOS platform consisting of Cisco Nexus 9000 EX/FX product line switches (9300 & 9500). The multi stage CLOS architecture is configured as a Spine / Leaf topology with a VXLAN bridging and routing overlay. This fabric overlay will run in "ACI Network Centric" mode using APIC cluster controllers for network programmability using automated tools (Rest API clients, Python modules (Netmiko, Paramiko), Ansible, Bash shell scripts using Curl) for configurations / provisioning of KPMG / customer virtual infrastructure workloads; - Responsible for assisting with conceptual creation of the "Zero-Trust" model approach using ACI's logical tenant hierarchy structure. The KPMG approach to a "Zero-Trust" model would be accomplished by logical macro segmentation of endpoints into specific endpoint groups (EPGs), logical micro-segmentation enforcement within the endpoint groups (EPGs), Logical routing segmentation using VRFs, and "white-list" policy enforcement using "Contracts" for flow communication between endpoint groups (EPGs); - Assisted the KPMG cloud architecture team on new design strategies for public cloud (AWS & Azure) hybrid connectivity to KPMG national data centers. KPMG was in the process of transitioning from IPSEC VPN connections to AWS Direct Connects (DXC) and Azure ExpressRoute using several third-party cloud exchange providers (Equinix, CenturyLink). The collaboration between the network infrastructure and cloud architect teams would be responsible for working with KPMG internal entities on solutions for either full or partial migration of workloads to the public cloud; - Responsible for research & development for conceptual design for testing vendor SD-WAN solutions (Viptela, Velo Cloud, and Silverpeak) to be the next design evolution for KPMG's MPLS WAN. The new design was part of the network programmability methodology for KPMG to provide a secure and resilient on boarding of KPMG corporate remote sites; - Responsible for research & development for third party tools to implement security management of a "Zero-Trust" model for KPMG's virtual infrastructure workloads. Some of the third-party products evaluated included Cisco Tetreation and Tufin Orchestration suite for orchestrating a "White-List" policy enforcement and API integration with Cisco's ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) "Network Centric" Mode; - Responsible for assisting with creating the conceptual design, implementation, maintenance, and operational support of a new lab infrastructure that will simulate the ACI Spine / Leaf topology designs implemented in production. The lab has also been constructed to provide simulated customer multi-tenancy environments, testing of automation and orchestration tools (Ansible, Rest API clients, Python modules, etc.) for automated provisioning of simulated customer virtual workloads. The lab is being proposed to have connectivity to the public cloud providers (AWS & Azure) using an AWS Direct Connect (DXC) and Azure ExpressRoute;
- Technical Manager / Infrastructure Architect at KPMG
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect at QTS
- Network Architect / Team Lead at PRIMEDIA
- Senior Network Engineer / Consultant at MANHEIM AUTO AUCTIONS
10 months at this Job