Computer Programming Languages: Quick Basic, Visual Basic, Fortran. WORK EXPERIENCE & HISTORY
Netxusa-Ingram Micro From: May 2017 Greenville, SC To: Present
Technical Expert providing support on a warehouse managed environment. Ensure that the operation of this site is available 24x7x365.
Network Management Experience
• Disaster Recovery (DR) Design & Implementation at premises.
• Infrastructure Design & Implementation
• "ServiceNOW" Change management system experience. Firewall Experience
• Fortinet Fortigate Firewall Design, Support & management experience
• Cisco ASA 5525 Firewall Administration and Support. Microsoft Support Services
• SCCM Installation, configuration and Support Experience
• MDT Server configuration, management and support experience.
• Active Directory (AD) Management, change control, and Update management. Mail Server Support
• Mail Server administration, management and Support of Kerio Connect Software Monitoring Experience
• SNMP Monitoring tools experience (Cacti, Nagios, ICinga, Solarwinds, MRTG, Spiceworks and others) Software & Applications Experience
• SolarWinds Design, Implementation and Support experience. Cloud Experience Amazon AWS Solutions Architect. Experience in designing, configuring and Implementing Amazon AWS infrastructure Network Operations Management & Support Experience:
• Disaster Recovery Plan Analysis and Implementation management.
• Cisco EIGRP, BGP, OSPF Support experience.
• Network Support (add, move & changes to multiple network devices on network)
• Cisco Catalyst Switches and Routers management, administration & Support Project Management & Design Experience
• Design and Implementation of new Nevada warehouse facility.
• Design and implementation of Grenville warehouse facility Desktop Support Experience
• Desktop Support and management experience
• Printer Support experience (configuration and management of Printers.
• Microsoft Print Server configuration, management & Support experience Storage Area Network
• Citrix XENServer Design, Architecture, implementation, management & Support experience
• Dell Storage configuration, management and support experience
• VMWare ESX Server configuration, management and Support Experience.
• VMWare Recover Point Recovery Appliance management and support experience
• FreeNAS configuration and management experience
- Infrastructure Engineer at Bilingual
- Consultant / Contractor at General Electric
- Spartanburg International Airport (Consultant) at Greenville/Spartanburg International Airport
- Senior Network Engineer at General Mitchell Int'l Airport
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree - Civil Engineering
● Managed yearly federal, state and E&Y audits, ensuring governance and compliance with MAR principles.
● Member of on-call triage team. Applying troubleshooting and resolution to incidents.
● Provide support and resolution for level 2 & 3 incident tickets.
● Windows OS Administration, ○ Design, build, administer and maintain Windows Server operating systems. ○ Executed patch management principles, ensuring security and operational readiness. ○ Provided continuous improvement to OS Image deployment automation strategies.
● Citrix Administration: ○ Lead projects to designed, built, configured, upgrade and maintained CItrix XenApp and XenDesktop environments. ○ Administered multi-faceted GPO structure to support roaming profile infrastructure. Including Group Policy Preferences for Mapped Network Drives, registry settings, wireless network policies, and Internet access (WPAD) settings. ○ Provided administration for RSA two-factor authentication servers. Implemented various upgrades to the RSA servers.
● VMware administration ○ Lead and coordinated projects migrating and maintaining VMware from 3.5 > 4.0 > 5.0 > 5.1 through 6.0. Assisted with implementation and migration to VMware ESXi 6.5. Performed administration of VMware environment. ○ Worked with Network Administrators to develop virtual networking with Cisco 6509.
● Active Directory Administration (AD, DNS\DHCP, GPO, Print) ○ Assisted with administration and maintenance of Active Directory domain. Managed AD groups and service accounts. Coordinated and implemented NTFS permissions (use AD groups) on all File Servers. ○ Administrator of Group Policy Object. Authored and maintained AD Network Logon Scripts. Including Mapped Network Drive via AD Groups, and registry changes. ○ Implement Key Management Service (KMS) server for Windows and Office activations.
● Scripting\Automation: ○ Continuously authored and implemented scripts utilizing Windows Batch\Command programming, Visual Basic Scripting (VBS), and PowerShell, to provide scheduled automation tasks, alerting, and reporting.
● Data Center administration: ○ Worked with facilities to ensure proper power and cooling of all physical assets for networking and open systems equipment. ○ Maintained DELL and Panduit Rack upkeep and maintenance. Implemented and managed DCIM software Device 42. ○ Assisted with the engineering requirements and designs to be implemented in new corporate headquarters building.
● Administration software: ○ RSAT, Visual Studio Code, Ivanti\LANDesk, OmniCenter, ControlUp, Men&Mice, StoneBranch.
● SAN Administration ○ Co-leader on project to replace EMC storage with PURE Storage system. Authored and executed migration plans to move all assets (300+ servers) From EMC to PURE. Provided ongoing administration and maintenance. ○ Implemented, migrated, designed and administered EMC VMAX, XtremIO, CX500 and CX300 storage systems for a multi-tier storage strategy.
● Networking (basic Cisco)
● Software: ○ Lead, consulted, migrated, implemented various upgrades to Microsoft Office, ImageRight and RightFax software suites.
● Printer Server administration ○ Designed, built and maintained various iterations of Printer Servers. Developed and deployed printer server migrations scripts. ○ Worked with printers from Ricoh, HP, Konica-Minolta. ○ Have utilized software from EquiTrac, eCopy ScanShare, others. ○ Worked with integrations with RightFax.
● Disaster Recovery: ○ Member of DR team to create, document, implement and test the DR Recovery Plan, utilizing Tape Restores at an off-site facility. ○ Assisted with DR 2.0 planning, documenting and testing utilizing replicated data and virtualization server recoveries. PC\LAN Support Analyst
● Implemented the first installation of Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 to 400 associates
● Implemented Microsoft Virtual Server 1.0. Converting a dozen servers to virtual
● Build servers, physical and virtual. Including Windows 2000, 2003, 2008
● Worked on upgrade of desktop OS from Windows XP to Windows 7
● Attended 4-day Vmware on-premise bootcamp. Designed, built, configured and implemented VMware ESX 3.5 environment. Migrated existing virtual server to VMware. Converted physical servers (P2V) to VMware environment (as applicable)
● Advanced desktop imaging via Altiris
● Troubleshoot level 2 & 3 incident tickets
● Responsible for GPO administration
● Administered Tivoli backups PC Support (including Service Desk)
● Responsible for imaging technologies for provisioning desktop and laptop systems. Including Ghost, SMS, LinkWiz, Acronis. Using boot from Network (DHCP), Boot from LAN (Magic Packet), boot for disk (floppy, usb)
● Received, logged, assigned and resolved level 1&2 incendant tickets.
● Deployed automation and software application via scripting (CMD, BAT, VBS)
● Acquired working knowledge of Group Policy Object and Windows Registry administration
● Converted from Lotus 123 suite to Microsoft Office 97
● Help transition Desktop computers from IBM OS/2 to Microsoft Windows 95
● Assisted with the conversion from Token-Ring to Ethernet networking
● Migrated Desktop\Laptops from Windows 95 to Windows 97\SE Temporary contracted PC Computer Technician
● Built and Imaged desktop computers
- Infrastructure Engineer at SECURA Insurance
- Electronic Technician at U.S. Navy
- Store Manager at Little Caesars Pizza
22 years, 9 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- - Mechanical Engineering
• Lead Infrastructure Engineer in charge of shrinking InfoArmor’s Company VM Server footprint. From current virtual and physical environments into a single vCenter v6.5 multi cluster tenant HCI environment utilizing VXRail and Dell PowerEdge Servers.
• Lead Infrastructure Engineer in charge of planning and orchestrating of physical server migrations of InfoArmor’s Colo Racks in Phoenix NAP to a more secure Colo Cage Setup in Phoenix NAP.
• Lead Infrastructure Engineer that lead the re organization of the company’s flat network to a more Micro Segmented VLAN environment into VMware.
• Lead Infrastructure Engineer in charge of planning and architecting a new DR campaign utilizing Zerto and Veeam for Enterprise DR events into our DR Colo space in Burbank, CA.
• Lead Infrastructure Engineer that lead a campaign with all departments to come up with App Teirs (NZO / Tier 1 - 4) for the companies DR Runbook.
• Lead Infrastructure Engineer in charge of planning and architecting a new Active Directory layout using on prem and cloud solutions with Azure Active Directory (AAD) for SSO.
• Lead Infrastructure Engineer in charge of Vendor Management for all Server hardware and support contracts for the organization
• Lead Infrastructure Engineer in organizing a standard tool set for the company to shrink company tools into a single tool kit using ServiceNow and SolarWinds products.
• Lead Infrastructure Engineer in planning and architecting a new VDI environment utilizing on prem and cloud solutions with Citrix.
- SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER at InfoArmor
- ADVISOR, SERVER ADMINISTRATION at CVS
- LEAD SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER / VMWARE ARCHITECT at Newtek Technology Solutions
- SENIOR SYSTEM ENGINEER / VMWARE ARCHITECT at U-Haul Intl
2 months at this Job
- Associate - Computer Information Systems
- Basic Combat Training
- High school
- Aviation Operation Specialist Training
As a Jr. Infrastructure Engineer, I perform the tasks of many different IT roles, including internal helpdesk needs, datacenter management, basic networking, and system administration. I have gained a familiarity with Windows, Mac, and Linux based operating systems. My tasks included the installation of various hardware components in laptops and servers and managing user access to the company's secure repositories. I am also working on acquiring my CompTIA A+ certification.
- Jr. Infrastructure Engineer at Liferay
- Special Projects Intern at The Oaks Camp and Conference Center
- Operations Assistant at Bank of the Sierra
11 months at this Job
- Associate - Communication
New York, NY July 2018 to Till Date
Azure/ Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
• Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, and security policies and routing.
• Creating IAAS Virtual machines for Windows and Linux using Service now.
• Working with Different teams to setup the Azure Infrastructure to build and planning phase.
• Automating the Virtual machine build process using PowerShell scripts.
• Migrating an On-premises virtual machine to Azure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
• Recovery service vault for azure Virtual Machines Backup and Site recovery planning for Disaster recovery.
• Worked on Azure Service Fabric developing and hosting application on cloud.
• Raising firewall requests with networking team to open ports for different teams to make users to communication and access the azure environment.
• Worked on APP services hosting application in cloud and testing the application and latency check.
• Capability of independently leading team and Managing Windows Azure support projects.
• Creating load balancer, Traffic manager and managing permission on Active Directory.
• Worked on Azure Active Directory -Application Registration and MFA in Azure portal.
• Working with Microsoft support team for VM, File share, networking issues on Azure portal.
- Azure/ Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Mizuho Bank
- Azure/ Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Chubb
- Consultant at Microsoft India Pvt. Ltd
- at IAAS & PAAS
8 months at this Job
- Master's - software engineering
November 2017 - January 2018 Performed systems administration and planning support for the company's IT infrastructure located in Richmond and Houston comprised of Windows 2016/2012/2008 servers, VMware, Exchange 2013, Cisco switches, and other related network hardware. Administered the Active Directory environment in areas of Group Policy and Exchange support. Provided remote monitoring and support for the company's cloud server environments in the hosted data centers at Sungard using Solarwinds monitoring software and took appropriate action to resolve any hardware or software problems found by either correcting the issue myself or escalating the issue to the hosted hardware support team at Sungard. Responsible for support and administration of the VMware ESXi 6.0 VCenter, hosts, and Windows/Linux VM's running on Dell servers and storage. Researched, planned, and provide proof of concept for DFSR to increase the availability of company data to eliminate the complexity of the SAN replication in place. Participated in on call after hours support on rotation with other administrators for support and patching of systems. Created MS Visio diagrams of the server rooms and the hardware contained in it as well as end to end connection identification. Maintained documentation as well as reviewed documentation for accuracy and made changes as needed to keep current. Provided helpdesk support for software and hardware on pc's and laptops running Windows 10. Selectech/ICMA-RC Infrastructure Engineer Contractor
- Infrastructure Engineer Contractor at Shaw Systems Associates Inc
- Contracted to provide technical support at ICMA-RC's
- System Engineer Contractor at Diversant/Bank of America
- Systems Engineer/Virtualization at C.D.I. Corporation/IBM
2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
- A.S. - Business Management
- VOIP system administrator, create IVRs, custom call routes, call queues, call groups, and users - Sophos antivirus system administrator, responding to security alerts and creating weekly reports - Juniper infrastructure engineer, setup monitor and troubleshoot system services DHCP VLANs - VMWare system administrator, monitor for alerts, schedule maintenance and setup guest hosts - Respond to NMS alerts pertaining to network hardware failure and ISP disruption for thirty sites Accomplishments - Created system documentation for disaster recovery procedures and escalation processes - Lead engineer on twenty network remediation and decommission projects - Assisted with the build out of the company's first data center cage
- System Administrator/Junior Infrastructure Engineer at Video Equipment Rentals
- IT System Administrator/ Analysis at GotPrint
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Information Security - Information Security
• Responsible for proactively identifying network capacity constraints to ensure the stability of the network infrastructure.
• Respond to incidents affecting infrastructure operations; core switching, backbone and edge routing as well as equipment failures, device health alerts and interface events.
• Perform root cause analysis of incidents and recommend proactive measures. Present RFOs to clients in conjunction with multiple levels of management.
• Add features and perform software updates to infrastructure equipment. Test features and updates in a lab setting prior to implementing in production environment.
• Submit emergency and scheduled change orders to CAB for approval in collaboration with affected business units. Execute Change Orders and ensure implementation is ultimately successful.
• Review formal methods and procedures prepared by Tier II as well as mentor where needed.
• Review client architecture changes to ensure designs will work in an operational setting with existing or proposed resources.
• Review security standards and practices. Keep up to date with vendor security and bug advisories.
- Infrastructure Engineer at West Unified Communications Services
- Network Engineer at AT&T
- Network Infrastructure Specialist at Accenture
- Network Administrator at Net Related
3 years at this Job
- - Computer Science
Plan, design and deploy both Linux and Windows based server solutions to meet business requirements
• Troubleshoot information technology issues within a sophisticated multi-platform and multi- site environment
• Oversee proper business continuity measures through segregation of data stores, redundancy in systems and functions, as well as proper data backups and retention
• Support operations team in daily system startup, intraday monitoring, and sunset operations related to all server systems within the infrastructure
• Ensure proper system and application deployment following all governing procedures and guidelines
- Infrastructure Engineer at Lightspeed Trading/PTS
- IT Support at Direct Designs
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S in Finance - Finance
Project Engineer and Innovation Owner for global pc backup software (Connected Backup). Managed, configured and troubleshot Windows Server 2008 / 2016 and SQL Server 2008 / 2016. IIS management and troubleshooting 5 web servers spread globally. Monitored storage levels and forecasted future storage needs. · Utilized PowerShell scripting to replace license files and change service account passwords on 95 servers, resulting in shorter down time and minimized staff commitment. · Wrote detailed documentation on product install and server maintenance. Created development and testing scenarios and provided for peer testing before proceeding to Change Management approval. · Wrote materials and trained more than 500 technical staff globally. This resulted in faster customer support and the reduction of service desk tickets by 58% in one year. · Ensured project servers met 5-star security protocols, including all patches, at one-month interval ahead of the 2-month deadline. · Functioned as project manager and Implementation Engineer for migration from Windows 2008 to 2016 and from SQL 2008 to 2016, completed two weeks early and resulted in 5-star security protocols being met.
- INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER at GENERAL MOTORS, LLC
- SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR at WELLSTAR HEALTH SYSTEM
- SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR at UAB HEALTH SYSTEM
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associates degree in Computer Science - Computer Science