Provided support to multiple locations throughout North American.
● Functioned in a project management capacity leading installations and upgrades of networks, static VPN tunnels, servers, routers, and switches.
● Managed the implementation and development of multiple applications including ERP, billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and service scheduling.
● Provided technical support for data center management.
● Provided remote and on-site physical support using multiple remote tools.
● Worked with senior management, vendors and business units on infrastructure design and architecture.
● Provided user access to networks and applications/business transaction software.
● Built consensus and support among project stakeholders for shared goals. Resumé ) WORK EXPERIENCE (Continued) LEAD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER )
● Changed the paradigm of IT from a cost center to a value-added function by linking technology to cost efficiencies, productivity, lean operations and profitability.
● Established project goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), followed by real-time performance tracking, taking a proactive versus reactive response to risks and opportunities.
● Promoted from Senior Technical Analyst to Lead Infrastructure Engineer. Select Accomplished
● Converted new offices to Cloud and led all migration initiatives.
● Coordinated with multiple countries to successfully manage Azure O365 migration.
● Developed new material handling, dispatch and routing system.
● Managed the conversion of frame relay WAN to fully meshed MPLS network.
- LEAD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER at TOMRA OF NORTH AMERICA
- at ADVANCED COMPUTER TECHNOLOGIES
12 years, 8 months at this Job
Senior Systems Engineer at different levels in different
Operations organization from September 2000 until the current position as Lead Infrastructure Engineer
• As a Lead Infrastructure Systems Engineer, I provide systems engineering expertise and resource management for meeting the demands of the business units to rollout new products and focus on building and supporting the computing infrastructure, and designing for the future. This includes working on the DevOps practice to scale core infrastructure services such as software and hardware Load Balancing, Identity Management (OUD/LDAP), DNS, SMTP and NTP. This involves the testing and deployment of services to PayPal's private cloud and 3rd party cloud platforms, which also includes wellness planning of existing services.
• Provide 24x7 Tier 3 production support on all infrastructure services, including the coordination of problem resolution among a variety of functional areas and provides subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problems.
• Participate in the evaluation, qualification and certification process of new hardware and infrastructure applications including future technologies with vendors and/or internal engineering teams. This includes the integration of new and multiple platforms into the production environment.
• Document Run books and Standard Operating Procedures for various support teams and participate in the Lunch-and-Learn program to showcase new infrastructure implementation and present designs and frameworks with executives and employees as audience.
• Key Contributions: o Contributed to PayPal's conceptual architecture and deployment of Edge Services at the POPs (Point of Presence) in various locations in the US, Europe and Asia. This involves the build and deployment of infrastructure services using available tools and automation. The Edge Services allow peering with financial processors and partners closer to the POPs to ensure best possible end-to-end performance of requests and prevent malicious traffic from reaching the processing in the local regions. o Contributed to the architecture, qualification and deployment of PegaSystems as the engine of the company's CRM tools. This included 24x7 support during the burn-in process, to planning maintenance for patching and bug fixes and upgrades, and documentation and knowledge sharing with other teams as well as the internal support teams. o Designed and deployed IBM Connect:Direct (NDM) secure file transfer application solutions to replace unsecured, outdated and un-scalable implementation. The implementation saved the company hundreds of thousands of dollars for the maintenance and uplift of the antiquated file transfer infrastructure while enforcing data integrity and security. o Engineered the implementation of Radware's Web Optimizer (formerly known as Strange Loop Web Accelerator) to optimize and accelerate web rendering of internal and homegrown CSM application. o Designed and deployed the implementation of Google Search Appliance (GSA) and integrated the platform into the company's internal search functions. o Led a team of engineers on the build and setup of PayPal's 3 new datacenters across the US including the planning and providing solutions to baremetal hardware provisioning and configuration. o Responsible for application support including configuration of Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat, CFEngine, Puppet, BIND, Pega Systems Case Management, Connect:Direct (NDM), Google Search Appliance, Strange Loop Site Optimizer appliances and other infrastructure services. Past employment with Major Financial and Mutual Fund companies as Junior Systems Engineer in different capacities supporting various platforms from IBM Mainframe, Solaris, Linux and some Windows systems.
- Lead Infrastructure Engineer at PayPal
18 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS - Computer
- Associate Degree in Computer and Electronics Technology - Computer and Electronics Technology
UNUM, Chattanooga, TN Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Network Engineering Service Assurance Manager, Network Operations Senior Operations Engineer, Network IBM GS, Raleigh, NC Network Integrator Provident Companies, Chattanooga, TN Network Engineer I am an expert in network application delivery and troubleshooting for Unum, a Fortune 500 company. Highlights:
● Engineering: Lead engineer on the migration project moving from Cisco ASA Firewalls and CSM to Paloalto NGFW and Panorama using Threat Prevention, URL Filtering, Antivirus Protection and Wildfire.
● Automation: Developed a system to assign, document, create DNS entries and F5 LTM configurations for intranet and internet applications. This was all created and written in Perl and utilizes IPControl API's along with Enterprise manager to update the F5 LTM's. I created automation for mass moves of servers between data centers to create documentation, DNS records and F5 LTM configurations which allowed Unum to move hundreds of servers at a time.
● Risk Management: Primary lead responsible for Firewall policy. Working with Security Architecture and Audit, I developed procedures to maintain and update the corporate firewall policy in a strict change management environment. Collaborated with others in the migration from Checkpoint to Cisco ASA.
● Load Balancing support: Provide lead support/engineering role to define solutions for the load balancing platform. Provided primary lead role in selection and implementation of F5 LTM. I do all aspects of BIGIP LTM from installation, maintenance, administration to writing complex iRules on a platform that hosts critical corporate intranet and internet applications.
● DNS/DHCP Support: Provide the lead support and engineering role for the corporate DNS, DHCP and WINS environment using a mixture of IPControl, Windows and Linux servers. This provides DNS, DHCP and WINS services for internal applications. All external DNS including Domain management.
● Datacenter Installs: Lead selection, design, installation and configuration of the F5 LTM's in 4 datacenters, including 2 in the UK. Also lead the design and installation of DNS/DHCP in the 2 US datacenters. Worked with the whole network team as we replaced our Cisco data center switches with Arista. We completed the migration of 2 Data Centers in 2 weekends.
● Application Troubleshooting: Perform many facets of application troubleshooting using tools such as TCPDump, Splunk, Wireshark, Syslog, Firewall event viewer along with Windows event viewer.
UNUM, Chattanooga, TN
Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Network Engineering
Service Assurance Manager, Network Operations
Senior Operations Engineer, Network
IBM GS, Raleigh, NC Network Integrator
Provident Companies, Chattanooga, TN Network Engineer
I am an expert in network application delivery and troubleshooting for Unum, a Fortune 500 company. Highlights:
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Unum
at this Job
- AS in Computer Science - Computer Science
Oracle SQL and MS SQL Riverton, UT/ May 2017 - August 2017 - Present Bash Scripting As an Infrastructure Engineer, I am at the front lines of the project. I work as the primary point of contact between management, developers HTML and CSS Programming and customers. I am tasked with presenting reports at an audience- based level. I worked to uncover years of data sharing development to Administration of Windows, Mac, provide a previously nonexistent picture of all Global Workforce and Linux OS integrations and worked with customers, management, and developers to elevate data sharing to better industry practices. I helped maintain, Mac Server Administration build, and administer various PeopleSoft systems. Routing and Networking - Administer PeopleSoft Windows/Linux based environments - Upgrade existing PeopleSoft environments Information Security - Build new PeopleSoft environments from the ground up. - Query and database administration - Create custom queries from database - Collect, organize, and summarize large amounts of data using Splunk, - SQL, and text searches - Assist in project management responsibilities
- INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER 1 / INTERN at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
3 months at this Job
- AAS - INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- BS - TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
- Sr. IT Infrastructure Engineer at HBO
- Sr. Storage Engineer (EIS) at HBO
- Sr. Storage and Unix Engineer at HBO
- Sr. Unix and Storage Engineer at Edison Learning, Inc
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Dedicated IT Infrastructure engineer with 10+ years' experience and proven success in deploying, evaluating and maintaining IT systems aimed at improving quality and efficiency. Senior Database Administrator - ACPI Wood Products\Elkay Manufacturing -- Waconia, MN
ACPI purchased the Wood Products Division of Elkay Manufacturing in February of 2019. As a result of the acquisition I now work for ACPI.
November 2017 - Present Duties:
• WAN - Support site to site MPLS, Firewall (Fortigate), VPNs. Transitioning to new company's MPLS and SD-WAN network. Define firewall configuration at hosted data center.
• LAN - Configuration and setup of switches, VLAN, routing and access lists on HP Procurve switches. Manage HP wireless network. Define network configuration/rules for our hosted data center infrastructure.
• Responsible for setup and maintenance of company's servers. Server are hosted in 5 locations and 2 hosted datacenters using ESXi/VCenter. Servers include Redhat Linux, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
• Management of infrastructure/servers at our data centers.
• Database Administrator for company's ERP systems that run on SQL Server and Progress OpenEdge.
• Maintain system backups using Datto.
• Office 365 Administration.
• Some software and application development and maintenance in C#, VB and other languages.
• Maintain Active Directory structure, Group Policies and scripting
• Migration of company's Active Directory to buyer's Active Directory
• Integration into acquiring company's WAN.
• Other IT duties as required including on call and desktop support, telecom and much more. Accomplishments: Migration of company's systems from the selling company to the buying company's IT infrastructure including:
• Setup new systems for financials (Great Plains) and Business Intelligence (SQL Server, SSIS).
• Migrated engineering, marketing and other systems including SolidWorks ePDM, Cumulus content management system and more to acquiring company's infrastructure.
• Assisted with migration of company's email system from seller's on premise Exchange 2010 to acquirer's Office 365 tenant.
• Migration of web services from Elkay to ACPI infrastructure. This included recreating a web service in C# and migrating other web services off Elkay systems to ACPI systems. Setup architecture and systems for the company's future 20-20 Insight ERP system at a hosted data center The new system will provide significant increases in efficiency when implemented.
• New system is using SQL Server 2017, AutoCAD and Citrix. ◦ Application layer is hosted on Citrix. This includes an AutoCAD integration that runs on NVIDIA Grid that users access via Citrix
- Dedicated IT Infrastructure engineer at ACPI Wood Products\Elkay Manufacturing
- Network Engineer at ACPI Wood Products\Elkay Manufacturing
- Network Systems Specialist/Programmer at ACPI Wood Products\Elkay Manufacturing
- Systems Analyst at Via, Inc of Burnsville
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- BS - Computer and Information Science
• Promotion to the role of senior analyst infrastructure engineer position based on performance.
• Managed efforts to align and redistribute existing and new business support models between infrastructure operations, finance, and investments groups to increase efficiency and incident response times.
• Led tier 3 team that supported 500+ finance and enterprise applications, providing reporting, incident trending, problem analysis, and bridged communications between multiple business areas, creating efficiencies by decreasing support overlap and increase uptime for enterprise applications.
• Collaborated with business units to decommission legacy Lotus Notes databases, converting over 20 years of data to a single searchable source for obtaining process, problem, and incident resolution information. This provided easier, more accurate reporting and significantly reduced overall support costs across multiple business areas
• Managed projects for the service transition of 200+ finance and investments applications to their respective application owners along with the creation of knowledge and processes, reducing support costs via eliminating redundancy and optimizing departmental resource utilization.
• Managed project and support for the creation of apache, virtual machine, and cloud-based development servers for offshore developers. Creating sandbox environments for development, testing, and debugging software before it went into production, speeding up the development lifecycle.
- Senior Analyst, Infrastructure Engineer at Nationwide Inc
- Senior IT Helpdesk Analyst at Nationwide Inc
8 years, 6 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Automating infrastructure resiliency procedures.
Automating infrastructure resiliency procedures.
- Infrastructure Engineer at Judge Groups
- Red Hat Ansible Consultant (remote) at Indecomm Global Services
- Cloud Developer (remote) at Computer Enterprises Incorporated
- Tech Lead at SevOne
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Engineering - Telecommunications
• Operating, monitoring, and scaling a distributed infrastructure according to daily and seasonal demand for 75M+ monthly active users.
• Building, containerizing, and orchestrating microservices in multiple cloud providers.
• Architecting and automating CI/CD systems to decrease the release time of our main REST API service from more than a day to less than 30 minutes.
• Overhauling, upgrading, and automating backups systems reducing time between backups from 1 week to 24 hours.
• Developing and deploying microservices and serverless applications.
• Investigating and solving network and performance issues.
- Infrastructure Engineer at Kahoot
- Systems Administrator at IT Freedom
- Support Technician at IT Freedom
- Support Specialist at The University of Texas at San Antonio
4 years, 7 months at this Job
Bowling Green, Ohio
IT Infrastructure Engineer
● Develop, maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
● Implement, troubleshoot and perform data backups and disaster recovery operation
● Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary
● Implement 3CX phone software as well as Unify networking switches, access points, and management interface
● Create Azure servers and networking for local clients
● Utilize specialized software to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use
● Analyze network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future
● Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading trade articles, or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies
● Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement
● Support for voice services and equipment, such as private branch exchange, voice mail system, and telecom system.
● Evaluate and recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations and determine hardware or software requirements for the client
● Document client networks and maintain up to date information in the document to be able to allow other technicians to assist competently with unfamiliar networks
● Implement and maintain VoIP systems, administer end user changes and features. Troubleshoot functional aspects of the phone system through the admin console and other methods available
● Have a solid working knowledge of A/V and security camera systems
- IT Infrastructure Engineer at Michody
- Systems Engineer at University of Findlay
- Server Infrastructure Engineer at St. Luke's Hospital
- IT Support Coordinator at Toledo Christian Schools
5 months at this Job
- Classes taken for Master of Arts - Leadership and Management
- Bachelor of Science - Liberal Studies
- Associate of Business Administration - Computer Networks and Databases