• Served as primary infrastructure engineer in standing up VMware platform for the IT department of Minnesota Judicial Branch.
• Responsibilities include, VMware infrastructure deployment, management and administration.
• Worked in partnership with storage and network support to build a stretched VMware cluster.
• Utilize vSphere Client, vROPs and LogInsight to monitor and manage system health.
• Deploy, configure and maintain Windows server and workstation farms.
• Engaged in projects involving migration of Hyper-V based servers to VMware platform.
• Worked closely with vendors in deploying and configuring a clean install of Citrix 7.6 instance.
• Resolved post deployment servers as well as application related issues.
• Utilized Citrix Director and Goliath monitoring solutions to manage and monitor system health.
- Infrastructure Engineer at Minnesota Judicial Branch
- Systems Engineer at CenturyLink Inc
- IT Engineer II at Qwest Communications Inc
- System Administrator at NCO Financials Inc
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Management of Information Systems
Promoted to Infrastructure Engineer to manage and maintain corporate datacenter with 180+ servers (Windows/Linux), 100+ switches/routers/network devices. Ensuring 99.9% or better uptime. Administer VMWare and Hyper-V virtual server environment. Manage Microsoft Active Directory users, computers and groups. Administer Domain Controllers, DHCP, DNS, NTD, LDAP. Maintain corporate backup solution and enable 99.9% or better protection of corporate data. Tier 2 support for remote offices servers, routers and switches. Evaluate, monitor and enhance IT infrastructure emphasizing availability, reliability, scalability and system integrity.
• Spearhead transition to EMC Data Domain backup solution with EMC Networker. Reduce the amount of disk storage needed to retain and protect data by deduplication by ratios of 10-30x and greater. Utilize Cloud based storage long term data retention with EMC Cloudboost to AWS S3. Eliminating requirement for offsite storage of physical tapes for offsite data archiving.
• Successfully consolidate datacenter Cisco core and aggregation switch/routers to two Cisco Nexus switch/routers. Reducing datacenter footprint, power consumption and maintenance costs.
• Upgrade VMWare ESXi environment to version 6.0 Update 2. Replacing hardware with HP ProLiant DL380 Gen 9 servers to optimize datacenter rack space and power utilization.
• Configured Microsoft Azure Site Recovery environment. Setup physical and virtual servers for replication in Azure for corporate business continuity and disaster recovery strategy.
• Work with SAN vendor to design and implement snapshot based VADP backup for Riverbed Steel Fusion VMWare appliance.
• Primary team member of datacenter relocation group. Migrated datacenter to colocation facility. Setup infrastructure, network devices servers and SAN.
- Infrastructure Engineer at Leviton Manufacturing Company
- Remote Sales Support at Leviton Manufacturing Company
- Desktop Support Analyst at The Betesh Group
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
This role involved implementing approved projects as designed by the IT Infrastructure Architect as well as assisting with PoCs for potential projects in the assessment phase. Some milestone projects included a significant upgrade of the flash disk storage platform and optimization of storage allocation, overhaul of load balancing appliances, rejuvenation of DNS/IPAM, company wide upgrades to VMware platforms, and deep dive troubleshooting/performance optimization of a critical on-line content delivery platform. An unofficial official project which drew a lot of compliments was developing an InnoDB/Grafana metrics dashboard for multiple systems. As an Infrastructure Engineer I was frequently involved with long term complicated projects while also keeping my hand in day to day operations allowing me to keep a feel for the environment's health.
- IT Infrastructure Engineer at School Specialty
- Unix System Administrator at School Specialty
- Unix System Administrator at ACNielsen / TCS
- IP Network Engineer and Administrator at Com Communications
3 years, 9 months at this Job
Responsible for the design, deployment and management of all dedicated and shared web hosting environment elements and the overall GMTI web hosting strategy at Gannett datacenters.
• Highly technical position as Infrastructure engineer to design, build and manage technology infrastructure (Active Directory 2003/2008, Internal and External DNS, vCloud 1.5, VMware Server Farms, Operating System provisioning Automation, Microsoft File and DB clusters, Monitoring and Backups) in support of Gannett's online initiatives.
• Remote Management and operations of Datacenters web hosting systems infrastructure.
• The hardware racking, operating system provisioning, application deployment and patching of systems.
• Operational duties included management of Infrastructure, Racks, Servers, Rack Network Switches, Baytech Remove power switches, Windows/Linux/ESX/vSphere Operating System provisioning, External and Internal DNS infrastructure, Active Directory Management, Operating System Patching, Design, Implementation and support of Netbackup Infrastructure backup Architecture.
• Web/Application Server Application level troubleshooting and training.
• Provisioning/managing/migration of clustering of front-end IIS and Apache web servers and backend SQL and mysql Database servers.
• Setup of the syslog servers and Intrusion detection systems and snmp server and network monitoring.
- Sr. Infrastructure Engineer at Gannett Media Technologies International
- Infrastructure Engineer / Sr. System Engineer at Reynolds Web Solutions & Channel Blade Technologies
- Lead Project Engineer at Kanisa Inc
- Application Operations Engineer at Broadband Office, Inc
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
28203 100 % Traveling Infrastructure Engineer working on an infrastructure conversion project for Community Health Systems. Installation of all types of computer hardware and peripherals that is typical of a hospital or clinical environment. Coordination with Lifepoint staff on implementation of applications utilizing SCCM and other repositories. Deployment of Cerner Applications, Creating, setting up and maintaining DCW. Understanding of Active Directory best practices. Deployment of third party applications. Deployment of Single Sign-On solution (Imprivata). Assist with Global Policy administration. Troubleshoot Local Area Network (LAN) connectivity issues. Troubleshoot workstation and application issues. Represent Lifepoint Infrastructure for onsite activities. Work with Lifepoint to configure hardware and client applications. Provide support to local facility IT department, end-users, project staff and corporate resources.
- Infrastructure Engineer Tech at Ettain Group for Lifepoint
- Implementation Specialist at Cox Automotive Company
- Infrastructure Engineer Tech Lead at Ettain Group for Community Health Systems
- Desktop Support Technician II at Tanner Health Systems
2 months at this Job
Currently serving as the Lead Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer who oversees the implementation of all things server, storage (SAN, NAS, etc.), Active Directory, VMware, Hyper-V, System Security, process documentation and more. Self-driven and self-directed in a highly project driven environment, who is also task with overseeing the implementation of systems throughout the entire NorthBay HealthCare System, which include, but are not limited to:
• Head the Systems Engineer team of five engineers
• Primarily responsible for the development of the processes and procedures for system deployment and operations
• Responsible for the research and acquisition of new and emerging technology to keep up with various trends
• Coordinate and Communicate with technology vendors in terms of selection of choosing a given technology
• Document all processes and procedures for technical references
• Primarily responsible to communication all project implementation to end-users across the enterprise by way of mass email everyone across the organization
• Help with the development of system security policy and operations manuals that are used across the organization
• Primarily responsible for developing and deploying VMware infrastructure for servers and VDI clients
• Manage the ongoing efforts to address security challenges while working closely with Information Security team
• Responsible for developing capacity planning for server environment (VMware environment)
• Have developed a cost calculator for project based server costing that is used for show back purposes
• Led the efforts on the upgrade to Exchange Server 2010 from Exchange 2003 in 2012
• Led the efforts on the upgrade to Exchange Server 2016 from Exchange 2010 in 2017
• Led the implementation of NorthBay's first SharePoint environment (2010) in 2012
• Led the efforts on the upgrade to SharePoint 2013 from 2010 in 2015
• Led the efforts on the company's first implementation of SCCM (2012) in 2012
• Led the efforts on the upgrade to SCCM 2016 (16xx) from SCCM 2012
• Led the efforts on the upgrade to Active Directory 2008 from 2003 in 2012
• Led the efforts on the upgrade to Active Directory 2016 from 2008 in 2017
• Led the efforts on the upgrade of the Enterprise PKI (certificate authority) from SHA-1 to SHA-2 (SHA-256)
• Work closely with network team in the implementation of projects in order to assure resource accessibility is not hindered during and after project implementation
• Administer the company's external DNS database for web hosting, as an ongoing effort
• Serve as backup administrator for the company's external PKI (certificates)
• Have been fully involved with the planning and setup of NorthBay's disaster recovery and its implementation efforts that are ongoing
• Respond to escalated trouble tickets and take calls as needed
- Lead Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer at NorthBay HealthCare System
- Server & Infrastructure Manager /Senior System Engineer at Affiliated Computer Services, Inc
- IT Contractor /Server Engineer at Insight Global, Inc
- IT Consultant /Field Engineer at RoviaGate Technology, Inc
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Information Systems Management - Information Systems Management
- Bachelors of Science degree - Technical Management
- Associate in Applied Science degree - Microsoft Windows
Served as Cloud Infrastructure Engineer workings with multiple technical teams, architects, etc. while reviewing and documenting workloads, system dependencies and business requirements. Mapped workloads to the capabilities for public, private and hybrid clouds. Specific duties include: - Provided technical guidance on building solutions using Azure PaaS and other services - Collaborate on and setting cloud goals; leadership in cloud infrastructure and services to meet operational objectives - Define cloud network architecture using Azure virtual networks, VPN and express route to establish connectivity between on premise and cloud - Design, developed, documented on-premises MS Active Directory integration over to Azure tenant. - Deploy Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets. - Design and configure of Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing. - Cloud-to-Cloud Integration (Public, Private, Hybrid) - Implement patching solutions using Puppet/Chef/Ansible/SaltStack configuration management tool - Develop PowerShell scripts and ARM / JSON templates to automate the provisioning of deployment process - Automated Migration of messaging users over to Azure Office365 tenant
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Emory Healthcare
- Technical Systems Architect at AT&T Mobility
- Systems Architect at Gemalto
- EOC Support Analyst at Cox Automotive
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Computer Information Systems
November 2017 - January 2018 Performed systems administration and planning support for the company's IT infrastructure located in Richmond and Houston comprised of Windows 2016/2012/2008 servers, VMware, Exchange 2013, Cisco switches, and other related network hardware. Administered the Active Directory environment in areas of Group Policy and user management and Exchange support. Provided remote monitoring and support for the company's cloud server environments in the hosted data centers at Sungard using Solarwinds monitoring software and took appropriate action to resolve any hardware or software problems found by either correcting the issue myself or escalating the issue to the hosted hardware support team at Sungard. Responsible for support and administration of the VMware ESXi 6.0 VCenter, hosts, and Windows/Linux VM's running on Dell servers and storage. Researched, planned, and provide proof of concept for DFSR to increase the availability of company data to eliminate the complexity of the SAN replication in place. Participated in on call after hours support on rotation with other administrators for support and patching of systems. Created MS Visio diagrams of the server rooms and the hardware contained in it as well as end to end connection identification. Maintained documentation as well as reviewed documentation for accuracy and made changes as needed to keep current. Selectech/ICMA-RC Infrastructure Engineer Contractor
- Infrastructure Engineer Contractor at Shaw Systems Associates Inc
- Contracted to provide technical support at ICMA-RC's
- System Engineer Contractor at Diversant/Bank of America
- Systems Engineer/Virtualization at C.D.I. Corporation/IBM
2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
- A.S. - Business Management
Infrastructure Engineer Dev/Ops (Global) (Present)
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Zuellig Building Cor. Paseo de Roxas Makati Ave.
• Managing windows server systems in a medium to large environment global.
• Managing and maintaining server hardware physical server.
• Systems monitoring "SolarWinds" using an enterprise solution in a large environment globally.
• Managing Windows Server Failover Clusters SQL.
• Managing AD objects and Group Policies.
• Performing service request for configurations and implementation of the server.
• Performing decommission of server and migration both physical and virtual environment.
• Server build to deploy new Nutanix, VM's, ESXi, Physical Enclosure.
• Collaboration to other teams for the possible solution on a high impact.
• Handle projects (Create run book for escalation point of contacts, process, builds for team's reference).
• Managing the incident tickets priority and implementation of Service Request.
• Performing "Root Cause Analysis" on the server that has repeatedly issue.
• Implementing change activity using ITIL process.
- Infrastructure Engineer Dev/Ops (Global) at Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Wintel System Administrator (Global) at Hewlett Packard Enterprise Philippines
- Network Administrator at US Autoparts Network Inc
- Network Support Associate (Contractual) at Iplus (ePLDT)
at this Job
- Bachelor's - BSIT
* Responsible for server design/build/operations, regulatory compliance, technical leadership and delivering 24/7, multi-level technical support for Windows server infrastructure, customers and employees * Supported Operating Systems: Windows: Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, Windows Desktop 7 and 10 * Data Center: Design, deployment and maintenance of corporate and co-location sites * Provided Network Infrastructure support (Cisco switches and routers, Fortigate Firewall and VPN) * Provided Administration and Support for Dell/EMC Storage * Management and Support of On-premise Microsoft Exchange 2013 RELOCATION to Silverton, OR September 2016 - September 2017
- Infrastructure Engineer at NOVENTIS, Inc
- Lead Infrastructure and Security Engineer at MCG ENERGY SOLUTIONS
- Infrastructure Architect at North American and International IT
- Senior Network/Systems Engineer at OPEN ACCESS TECHNOLOGY INTL
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Chemistry