- Inpatient Coder at Department of Veteran Affairs VA Medical Center
- Inpatient Coder at Signature Performance, Inc
- Inpatient Coder at Tree Frog Data Solutions
- Inpatient Coder at Sterling Medical
3 months at this Job
- A.A. - Health Information
• Experience includes: inpatient, outpatient observation, same day surgery, ER, physician, diagnostic
• Primary Inpatient Coder (current)
- Inpatient Coder at Iberia Medical Center
- Medical Records Supervisor at Anesthesiology & Pain Consultants
- Physician Coder & Charge Entry Specialist at Legacy Medical Group
- HIM/Clerical Worker at Iberia Gastroenterology Associates
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Health Information Management
CONTRACT INPATIENT CODER
MCS/4E4 DEC 2011-PRESENT
• Accept temporary assignments to various hospitals for coding of inpatient records as needed.
• Stay up to date with all coding procedures for each hospital
- Contract Inpatient Coder at MCS/4E4
- Inpatient Coder at Crouse Hospital
- SYRACUSE ORTHOPEDIC SPECIALIST at SURGERY CODER
8 years at this Job
- AAS - RHIT Registered Health Information Technician
- Certified Professional Coder
Inpatient Coder I. As a Coder I, I follow ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Guidelines to analyze and abstract data in order to accurately and efficiently code diagnoses, procedures, and discharge dispositions for inpatient stays. I work with CDI Specialists to resolve DRG mismatches. I also query physicians when a diagnosis is not clearly documented. In addition to the below-listed software programs, I also have daily experience working with Optum Computer-Assisted Coding program.
- Inpatient Coder I at Penn State Health
- Health Information Services, Health Information Associate II at Penn State Health
- Health Information Associate I at Penn State Health
- at Penn State Health
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology - Health Information Technology
**Special on-site project: Oklahoma City, OK - provided coder training and worked on training content development. - Cardiology (Anatomy & Physiology of the Heart, Inpatient ICD-10-CM/PCS) - Sepsis - Diabetes (Coding Clinic updates) **Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center 4/13/15-present - 900+ beds - Level I Trauma - Multi-Specialty Teaching facility - EPIC EHR - Optum CAC - 3M encoder - Consistently achieve 95%+ monthly accuracy standard. - Assist with auditor coding questions and feedback. **The James Cancer Center at OSU November 2016-present **Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital of OSU October 2015-present - Cardiology and Vascular - Transplants - CABG - Endovascular - Heart Cath procedures - Valve replacements/repairs - Aortic Aneurysm repairs - Vascular procedures (peripheral) - Etc. Ohio State’s heart and vascular experts offer the best care in central Ohio. No other hospitals or heart centers in central Ohio are ranked among the nation’s best by U.S.News & World Report. Only Ohio State. Ohio State’s Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital is a 150-bed facility that combines the latest technology with patient-focused care to create the best possible healing environment. Each floor is dedicated to a specific service, such as cardiac surgery or vascular medicine, and we offer universal patient rooms. This means rooms are designed to be adaptable, allowing most patients to stay in the same private room throughout their hospitalization rather than having to move from room to room as their medical needs change. **Contra Costa Regional Medical Center 3/6/15-PRN through April 2015 - L&D - Neonatology - General Medicine & Surgery - EPIC EHR - Quantim encoder
- Inpatient Coder at Signature Performance
- HIMT Adjunct Instructor at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
- Inpatient Auditor at HIM Connections
- ED/Outpatient Coder at Coding Services Group
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Public Health
- BS - Healthcare Administration
- AAS - Health Information Technology
Coding of inpatient medical charts to be submitted to various health insurance carriers
- Inpatient Coder at Creative Healthcare Concepts
- Licensed Healthcare Agent at TZ Insurance Solutions
- Licensed Agent/Supervisor/Trainer at Optum Inc
- Benefit Verification Specialist at Lash Group
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration - Business Administration
Health Data Insights (Health Management Systems) (Remote)
• Responsible for overseeing coding assignments primarily on acute care inpatient hospital claims for validation of correct coding APR-DRG and DRG assignments.
• Responsible for assigning concurrently auditing team members for going education
• Responsible for monthly meeting for updates to coding clinics any new coding direction
• Attended meetings with management and produced statistics of team members performances
• Maintained quality assurance audits, daily productivity produced by the team and any coaching that had to be initiated to an employee for unsatisfactory performance
• Assisted with interviews of potential hires and also conducting training (via remote and or onsite)
• Responsible for auditing 2-3 charts for coding validation per hour
• Maintained 95% on a monthly average
• Responsible for performing an in-depth review of selected medical records received electronically to determine where the assigned codes and DRG were supported by the clinical documentation and that all diagnoses and procedures are coded with the required specificity.
• Responsible for coding a variety of range of Medical and Surgical Chart specialties including (Orthopedics, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Integumentary System, Infectious Disease Cases, Endocrinology, Cardiovascular, and Endoscopic cases)
• Using HDI's proprietary software, to conduct medical record reviews and records the result of the reviews in a written narrative format to support the validation process of the coding audit.
- Inpatient Coder/ DRG analyst at Inpatient Coding
- Outpatient Coding Specialist at Inpatient Coding
- Coding Specialist at Inpatient Coding
- Corporate Outpatient Coding Specialist at Memorial Hermann
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Science
Inpatient behavioral health coder for a 122 bed facility. Preformed monthly audits (HBIPP, coding audits, MS DRG, APR). Preformed various duties like ROI, file paper charts, loose filing, performed physician query.
- Inpatient Coder at Three Rivers Behavioral Health
- HCC Coder at The Judge Group
- ROI Specialist at Healthport
- Release of Information Specialist at Healthport
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Associate - Health information
➢ Assigned ICD-10-CM coded to selected diagnoses, and procedures, using encoder software.
➢ Sequencing the codes and validating specific data elements to assign DRG assignment to optimize hospital reimbursement and SOI.
➢ Designate appropriate present on admission indicator status.
➢ Generate appropriate queries to physicians to clarify the medical record documentation.
➢ Discussed problematic cases to DRG validators or manager for input.
➢ Participated and performed other duties of the department as required
- Inpatient Coder at Beth Israel Medical Ctr
- Associate Medical Record Specialist at Bellevue Hospital
- ED coder at Raritan Bay Medical Center
- ER Coder/Abstractor/Ambulatory Outpatient at Bergen Regional Medical Center
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management - Health Information Management
- - Spanish
- Associate in Arts - Computer Information System
R1RCM southfield, Michigan History Inpatient Coder April 2012 - Present Southfield, Michigan ER coding, charging, and leveling Infusion and Injection coding and charging Ancillary coding and charging ICD-10-CM Training Inpatient Coding Inpatient Surgery Coding including orthopedics, cardiac caths, and CABG Interacts with medical staff and other hospital departments to improve the quality of documentation and ensure documentation accurately reflects severity of illness and intensity of service for each patient
- Inpatient Coder at R1RCM
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associates Degree of Health Information Technology - Health Information Technology