inpatient pharmacy technician
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician at Orlando VA Medical Center
- Pharmacy Technician at VA Medical Center - San Juan
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Biomedical science
- Certificate - Pharmacy technician program
Performs all functions as an inpatient pharmacy technician, in helping pharmacist prepare and deliver medications to the floors throughout the hospital.
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician at Southeast Georgia Health System
- Store Manager at Mattress One
- Administrator / General Manager at Coast 2 Coast Communications
- Administrator at Coast 2 Coast Communications
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- MBA - Health Services Administration and Leadership options
Inpatient pharmacy Technician, pull medications from Omni cell, deliver medications, load Omni cell, Including PSB (patient specific bin) rotate stock, inventory count pulling expired medications, unit dose prepackage, answer phones, customer service, other duties as assigned.
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician at Torrance Memorial Medical Center
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Accounting Clerk at Robert, Half Temp Agency
- Senior Accts at Warner Music Group
1 year, 5 months at this Job
Restocked intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication. Received and stored incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices. Ordered labeled and counted stock of medications, chemicals, or supplies and enter inventory data into computer.
• Mixed intravenous preparations based on patients' needs using appropriate aseptic technique; Prepacked bulk medications, filled bottles with prescribed discharge medications, and type and affix labels
• Managed inventory of all narcotics within inpatient pharmacy daily; Enforced compliance of daily narcotic inventory, proper medication storage, and safety standards regarding expired medications on wards through conducting monthly clinic inspections to insure continued accreditation from TJC (JCO)
• Successfully assisted in managing pharmacy operations in an absence of a Pharmacist in Charge for a period of five months; Reduced waste in inventory and improved inventory management
• Helped implement pharmacy's quality assurance and control program. Efforts ensured compliance with HIPAA, State Board of Pharmacy and OSHA regulations; and improved patient care/satisfaction
• Regularly compiled data; initiated new patients' profile with prescription and insurance billing information; Organized and coordinated patient records Inpatient Pharmacy Technician Maintained proper storage and security conditions for drugs; Prepared emergency, lifesaving intravenous medications during cardiac arrest cases. Upkept pyxis machines throughout the hospital (49 total) and troubleshoot when needed.
• Ensured all infection control standards are met by monthly internal inspections and conducting random checks on personnel while preparing proper PPE and hand washing procedures before entering clean room to prepare sterile compounds
• Maintained all safety and hazmat standards using daily and monthly checks on proper medication disposal
• Delivered patient specific PO and IV medications to nursing stations daily; Returned discharge medications that are not picked up and unused ward medications daily Inpatient/Infusion Pharmacy Supply Technician
• Ordered and kept stock of all controlled and non-controlled medications, chemicals, and supplies needed
• Received and stored incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and check for outdated medications in current inventory; Eliminated potential safety risks by checking for expiring compounded intravenous medications daily Outpatient Pharmacy Technician Helped Pharmacists and helped them with a variety of tasks: prepared medicines, interacted with customers and doctors, measured medication, offered instruction and advice, collected payments, and maintained stocks.
• Received written prescription or refilled requests and verified that information is complete and accurate
• Prepacked bulk medicines fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels
• Answered telephones, responded to questions or requests; Maintained proper storage and security conditions for drugs; Assisted customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician Supervisor at United States Air Force
6 years at this Job
- high school diploma
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician: Fill and operate the automated dispensing machine (TCG) to create unit-dose medications used to fill patient specific medications in the hospital. Verify that all medication orders are inputted correctly, then dispense to nursing units. Verify that all packaged medications are correct using tech-check-tech. Deliver medications to the appropriate locations in the hospital, independently prioritizing to demine urgency per polices and regulations. Independently stocks and manages inventory levels of ward stock medications for hospital wards and clinics via Omnicell. Maintain and order inpatient pharmacy inventory, utilizing reports and experience to determine usage. Troubleshoots issues for BCMA scanning, TCG, and Omnicell to maintain daily operations. Stock and maintain emergency code boxes. Clearly communicates to patients, contractors, and VA employees across all departments and CBOC’s, via phone, e-mail, and personal communications providing excellent customer service. Completes monthly ward inspection reports and adjust medication stock levels per usage reports. Edit and advise on pharmacy policy and procedures. File and maintain medication information documents required by law. Participates in research and process improvement activities. Conducts mock Joint Commission inspections, notifies area manager of findings, documents findings and follow-up on spreadsheet, writes final yearly report to be reviewed by service chiefs and Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee. Compound and reconstitute medications. Prepare sterile IV solutions using proper aseptic technique per USP 797 Standards. Deliver prepared IV solutions to the hospital wards, ensuring proper storage guidelines. Record, log, and maintain patient medication profiles. Back-up Inpatient Automation Technician: Maintain the TCG and Omnicell medication database. Assists with implementation of new pharmacy equipment such as Omnicell, TCG, and unit-dose packaging machines. Creates and maintains Omnicell Safety Stock data base. Assist with managing Pharmacy Omnicell user privileges, ensuring they are given the proper amount of minimal access, according to their credentials, then documenting them in the database. Created Omnicell Inventory Parts spreadsheet. Assisted with maintenance and troubleshoot problems with automation dispensing cabinets and unit dose machines. Previously maintained and troubleshot AcuDoses to ensure they were consistently operation. Maintained the AcuDose database. Prepared reports from the AcuDose for use of pharmacy and nursing departments for medication tracking purposes. Maintained the AcuDose user security information, and organized patient profile information in the AcuDose. Alternate Time Keeper: Implemented the use of using a Shared Timekeeping Calendar to track employee leave requests, and assist with creating the Master Schedule. Maintain and update the Timekeeping Calendar daily. Enter employee schedules/ tours of duty, and premium pay requests. Post employee timesheets using VATAS verifying all information is accurate for payroll processing.
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician at Veterans Medical Center
16 years, 1 month at this Job
- AAS - Pharmacy
• Inpatient pharmacy technicians assist hospital staff pharmacists in the preparation and dispensation of medications to patients undergoing inpatient treatment.
• They also do not collect payment for medications dispensed.
• IV Room Trained: The main task is the preparation of medications which may include emulsions, liquids, ointments and powders and for the intravenous mixing or compounding procedures.
• An IV Pharmacy Technician assists the Pharmacist in filling up prescription items, as allowed by the State Board of Pharmacy. Keys in prescription information in order to produce labels. Also tasked in labeling products properly that may consist of auxiliary or cautionary labels.
• An IV Pharmacy Technician is tasked to do the inventory, arrange orders for drugs and supplies, checks them in upon arrival, stock shelves and replaces items nearing expiry date and removes them from inventory.
• Packs medications needed for dispensing and delivery. Also handles medications returned from the facility to be able to be credited or destroyed.
• Inputs data of the patient and orders for medication into a computer business system. An IV Pharmacy Technician may be asked to sanitize an IV room, equipment and hood if applicable in the working environment.
- INPATIENT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN at MCLEOD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
- CASHIER at LATTA IGA
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION - PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Working in conjunction with automated dispensing technology to supply correct medications for individual patients, according to Pharmacist and Physician orders. Currently training all new pharmacy personnel and students in everyday task/use of all equipment, knowledge of VAMHCS mission, Pharmacy policies, as well as procedures which includes HIPPA to protect patient confidentiality. Coordinates the timing and sequence of assigned task for pharmacy technicians when lead technician is out. Effectively use computers in areas; such as keyboarding, word, office, vista, and cprs. Knowledge of investigational drug policies and procedures. Conducting ward inspections and audits for pharmacy on monthly basis. Ability to use and gather omnicell reports to add/delete or modify drugs within omnicell. Ability to gather data daily to meet the statistical needs of the service. Performing daily medication cart exchanges to ensure veterans receive medications. Restocking omnicell throughout the day to ensure clinics and floors have proper medications. Provide resolution or triage service to inpatient pharmacy telephones. Performs receiving, storage, and data entry of medications and materials received from suppliers. Operates pharmacy automation systems in accordance with departments SOPS including, but not limited to Omnicell, and carousel drug storage system. Maintains proper storage and security of controlled and non-controlled medications. Communication and team work- Communicates with nurses and doctors along with patients in an effective and positive manner. Demonstrates emotional control and intelligence in managing work relationships. Attends and actively participates in team huddles and meetings. Currently shares responsibility for accomplishment of teams task and goals Medication Management properly prepak bulk medication and repackage into individual size packing; prepare all medications in a clean and sterile environment; fill and document patients orders and properly dispose of medication. Ensuring crash carts are properly filled and checked by pharmacist using the RFID system while also training new staff member on how to use. Work closely with procurement staff to ensure proper items are ordered for inpatient pharmacy while checking the drug file to see if drugs are formulary or not. Work closely with Narcotic technician and Pharmacist to identify and investigate discrepancies. Comprehensive knowledge of, and ability to, analyze data in the VA information systems; including CPRS, VISTA, and Patient Profiles.
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens
- Lead Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens
- Assistant Store Manager at Walgreens
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Pharmacy Technician data entry inpatient pharmacy setting sterile compounding critical care areas NICU PICU ICU Main operating room pharmacy I.V room Sterile Compounding aseptic technique Pyxis CHCS Essentris
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician at OMV MEDICAL, INC.
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician at THE ARORA GROUP
- Pharmacy Technician at Rite Aid
- Sales Associate at Victoria's Secret
1 month at this Job
- High school
My job duties include; sterile compounding, OR medication distribution, and Chemo Sterile Compounding. I am Actively involved in Pharmacy Technician Council.
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician Specialist at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center
- Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Registered Nursing
• Work in the Inpatient pharmacy supporting the Pharmacists
• Working the front counter
• Answering phones and assisting the nursing staff and doctors with medication questions and requests
• Filling medications
• Working as a runner, running all medications: stat, routine and stock outs
• Work in the narcotics vault stocking and pulling narcotics
• Work in the IV clean room mixing and labeling all of the batch and new start IV's for a 416 bed hospital
• Stocking all of the IV supplies and taking cart runs
• Stocking Omnicell machines on the floors in the hospital and in the ER and other departments such as MRI, OR, XRAY, POH, and ANESTHESIA
• Sub and fill in for our buyer and do our order for supplies and drugs
• Work with the docking people, cart distribution, and shipping and receiving
• Work with IV therapy to make sure we have all of the medications ready for the following weeks patients therapy
• Complete First Dose and Batch IVs as well as organize Inpatient Medications
• Fill Meds Cabinet for nurse stations and kept track of fridge items
• Make stock for pharmacy and maintain records of inventory
• Completing medication histories for patient profiles by interviewing patients and their families, as well as contacting and working with various organizations that assist patients
• Maintain IV records patient profiles
• IV compounding
• Maintain records and inventory following procedural work routines to ensure medications were ready and available to patient
- Inpatient Pharmacy Technician at McLaren Flint
- Pharmacy Technician ll at Kroger
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Pharmacy Tech
- - Healthcare Administration