My duties include coaching teachers who are new to the subject of Advanced Placement Macroeconomics. I help guide them with:
• undersranding content
• constructing formative and summative assessments
• grading policies
• creating classroom materials
• researching current economic data relative to the course units
• classroom management
• choosing textbooks and auxiliary materials
• grading practices I also serve as a guest lecturer to model effective ways of teaching macroeconomic concepts and graphs.
- Instructional Coach at I am self employed as an Instructional Coach
- Certified Teacher at Prosper Independent School District
- Independent Instructional Coach at
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master's - Education/ Macroeconomics
As an Instructional Coach, I coach and support teachers by modeling effective instructional practices and help teachers utilize research based resources and strategies. I support the district by establishing and supporting effective systems such as PLCs, Data Driven Instruction, MTSS, and the use and creation of formative assessments. I create professional development opportunities based on the needs of the staff and the district's current goals. I created curriculum maps and a scope and sequence of instruction for the teachers to guide their instruction throughout the year. I also support students in need of intervention services and train teachers on the use of research based intervention practices and the importance of progress monitoring.
- Instructional Coach at Kiowa School District
- Teaching Reading Effectively Trainer at Tucson Unified School District
- Curriculum Service Provider at Tucson Unified School District
- Elementary Teacher (Johnson Primary) at Tucson Unified School District
8 months at this Job
- - Liberal Arts
• Accomplished professional educator and instructional coach who excels in cultivating and maintaining positive and productive relationships with all educational constituencies including parents, students, administrators and the community.
• Skilled practitioner who continues to expand knowledge of current best practices through ~~~~~~~~~ professional development and existing network of diverse colleagues. CAVASOS MIDDLE SCHOOL Instructional Coach Lubbock, TX August 2017-Present
• Literacy Leader All Content Areas
• T-TESS Certified Evaluator
• Supervising and mentoring English teachers
• CAL (Campus Academic Leader) for the ELAR department
• Content Focus Session presenter - 7th grade ELAR
• New Teacher Induction mentor (Secondary ELAR)
• New Teacher Academy mentor (Secondary ELAR-year two)
• Co-instructor of summer professional development for secondary ELAR teachers
• Leader of ELAR PLC meetings Data Analysis and Data Digs
• Instructor of ELAR professional development
• Leadership Team member
• Evaluator and observer of teacher performance
• Mentor of new teachers on campus- all contents
• Summer School Administrator
• Organizer of South Plains College observers
• Summer Leadership Institute - campus team
• Decision Quality & Problem Solving
• Directing & Motivating Others
• Driven for Results
• Integrity & Trust
• Managerial Courage
• Managing & Measuring Work
• Priority Setting
- Instructional Coach at CAVASOS MIDDLE SCHOOL
- ELAR Teacher & Campus Academic Lead at CAVASOS MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Campus Academic Leader at GUADALUPE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- MASTERS IN EDUCATIONAL - ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES
Jim Knight trained Instructional Coach for the OKCPS district. Partnered with educators at OK Centennial Mid-High to provide individualized professional learning and research-based instructional strategies to accelerate learning for all students. Implemented highly engaging, standards-based practiced of instruction throughout assigned location. Responsible for gathering and analyzing classroom data with education partners to determine choice of strategy to increase student achievement through research-based methods. Responsible for continued support and review of those strategies to determine their effectiveness once implemented. Conducted over 200 hours of professional development sessions, both individual and group. Developed a manual detailing standard operation procedures and policies to streamline processes and increase the clarity of communication between staff.
- INSTRUCTIONAL COACH at Oklahoma Public Schools
- SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER at Centennial Mid-High School
- SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER at Gadsden High School
- Teacher Evaluations at Gadsden High School
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Education
- - Social Studies
Classroom teacher for a district behavior program for ages 6 to 5th Grade,
● Organized, created, and delivered academic lessons, social skills training, and physical education to a various and diverse group of students daily,
● Created and implemented a successful behavior program based on positive supports and accountability,
● Effectively communicated with teachers, counselors, and administration of 11 campuses,
● Served as an instructional coach and teacher leader who was responsible for leading professional development as well as coaching teachers on academic, social emotional, and behavioral strategies across the district,
● Served as a campus and district representative for District Improvement Committee, Teacher Coaching, Social Emotional Leadership Team, and many others.
- Teacher/Instructional Coach at DAEP Program/College View High School, College Station ISD
- Team Member at Papa John's Pizza
- Real Estate Sales/Leasing Agent at BCS Property Management
7 years, 9 months at this Job
- B. A. - Sociology
• Supervise and instruct educators on classroom best practices in all core content areas
• Analyze, interpret and communicate data to improve and ensure student achievement
• Lead English department to create and implement comprehensive, rigorous, and coherent curricular program.
• Train and mentor new English teachers 6th -8th grade
• Supervised and planned STAAR Saturday School
• Conduct daily classroom observations
• Visit classrooms, modeled instruction, and assist with teacher evaluations
• Assist educators in creating a personalized and motivating learning environment for their students.
• Developed assessment and accountability systems to monitor student progress.
• Assisted teachers with maximizing time spent on quality instruction.
• Monitor and evaluate the impact of the instructional program as an Instructional Coach by modeling strategies and giving immediate feedback to teachers about their lessons.
• Created and implemented curriculum alignment class for all ELA instructors 6th-8th grade
- Instructional Coach/ Campus Mentor at Klein Independent School District
- Teacher at 8th Grade Reading/ SSI
- Teacher at Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District
- Community Director at Texas Inter-Faith Management
11 years at this Job
- M.Ed. - Education Administration
- BA - Communications
Davie, FL - August 2017 - Present
• Support first and second year teachers entering Broward County Public Schools K-12th Grade
• Analyzing student data
• Utilizing tools in Learning Zone (New Teacher Center) to promote teacher practice
• Perform observation cycles for teacher reflection
- Induction/Instructional Coach at Broward County Public Schools
- Social and Emotional Learning Coach at Broward County Public Schools
- Kindergarten Teacher at Miramar Elementary School
- Professional Development Workshop Instructor at Miramar Elementary School
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Doctorate of Education - Education and organizational leadership
- Coach Credentialed - Education
• Managed a portfolio of 5 Boston Public school-based teams yearly to provide observation and coaching support to AmeriCorps tutors serving in predominantly Math and ELA classrooms in grades 3-10 to improve their practitioner skills and their impact on student growth and achievement.
• Designed and facilitated staff training on the City Year Boston observation and coaching model, informed by the Leverage Leadership model.
• Designed and facilitated bi-weekly to monthly professional development for school-based team leadership around academic coaching and the use of data-informed instructional practices.
• Designed and facilitated ongoing professional training for AmeriCorps members on a range of academic and instructional practices, including strategies from Teach Like a Champion, Research for Better Teaching, Kagan Cooperative learning, and more.
• Led and served as a member of the Site Instructional Leadership Team to determine site-wide instructional priorities, develop short and long-term projects in service of priorities, and plan for the implementation of these projects across school sites at nearly 30 Boston Public Schools.
• Supported school-based teams to improve their instructional support of their AmeriCorps members and to improve impact on students through co-observation and co-coaching.
• Collaborated with the Instructional Coach team and the Learning and Development team to develop a scope and sequence of training for AmeriCorps tutors, and to improve training structures, content, and facilitation.
• Regularly analyzed observation and coaching data to identify and communicate trends and shared best practices related to AmeriCorps members' service and the effectiveness of coaching at the school-level, and to ensure school-based teams met or exceeded observation and coaching goals.
- Instructional Coach at City Year Boston
- Eleventh Grade English Teacher and Instructional Coach at KIPP Academy Lynn Collegiate
- at KIPP Academy Lynn Collegiate
- Founding Assistant Principal at KIPP Academy Lynn Collegiate
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction - Curriculum and Instruction
- Bachelor of Science degree in Education - Secondary English Education
- - Eighth Grade Writers through Interest-Based Writing
Area Literacy coach for the K-3 grade band. Works with teachers to implement research based best practices in the areas of literacy, classroom management and literacy centers/stations. Works with administrator to target needs specific to the school. Work side by side with teachers to model whole group lessons, small group interventions and one-on-one conferencing. Gives teacher immediate feedback on weekly observational data. Meets with teacher monthly to evaluate goals, to goal-set and create long-term goals for the academic year. Schedules and monitors the effectiveness of an instructional aide.
- Instructional Coach at
- MTSS Facilitator at Tucson Unified School District
- 5th grade teacher at
- at Instructional Technolgist
4 months at this Job
- Master of Education - MEd, Educational Administration and Supervision
- Master's Degree - Teacher and Teacher Education
- Bachelor's Degree - Elementary Education and Teaching
Served in campus leadership as and instructional coach for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade English, Reading, Language Arts and Social Studies Served on the district cohort for Advanced Academics preparing professional development for district personnel
- Humanities Instructional Coach at West Lake Middle School
- Reading 8th Grade Team Lead at New Caney Independent School District
- 7th grade advanced ELA, Athletics coach at Coldspring-Oakhurst Consolidated Independent School District
- at New Caney Independent School District
8 months at this Job
- Master of Educational Leadership Program - Educational Leadership Program
- - Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science - Education