Freelance Instructional Designer
- Freelance Instructional Designer at Freelance/Self employed
- INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER at SAINT THOMAS HEALTH
- SIMULATION LAB COORDINATOR at SAINT THOMAS HEALTH
- ADJUNCT FACULTY at COLORADO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY ONLINE
4 months at this Job
- MS Quality Assurance
- Graduate Certificate - Hospice/Palliative Care
- BS - Education
2016 to 2018
CSA Group is a global organization dedicated to safety, social good, and sustainability, and a leader in safety and environmental certification around the world including Canada, the United States, Europe, and Asia.
As an Instructional Designer I was responsible for the development of commercial learning products related
to Building Codes and Standards used through-out Canada and the United States. This included;
• Development of Storyboards, animation/narration scripts to be used through-out the learning content.
• Developed training products that support functions/processes prescribed by standards that enhance end- user understanding, performance, and adoption of each relevant standard.
• Performed needs analysis and guidance to ensure the appropriate learning methods were utilized for a specific audience.
• Identified internal and/or external resources to develop the technical content and provide resource materials for the learning products.
• Provide guidance for product development including guidance on the flow and pace of the learning material, development of suitable learning activities, demonstrations, case studies and other opportunities for learning engagement.
• Responsible for the coordination and authorization of copyright materials for written and visual materials as needed, this included technical subject matter experts, graphics, translations to other languages and other value-added resources as appropriate to ensure all necessary items were available and in place for product development.
• Worked with international Subject Matter Experts to ensure that the course objectives were clearly defined and met.
- Instructional Designer at CSA GROUP
- Instructional Designer/Technical Writer (Contract) at DIEBOLD
- Instructional Designer/Corporate Trainer (Contract Employee) at DOMINION EAST OHIO GAS
- TRAINER / FACILITATOR at
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Journeyman - Construction Technology and Engineering
Instructional designer for a web technology company with almost 4,000 employees in 5 countries. Developed instructor led training for WordPress, Salesforce, and eLearning for other internet technology training using
Articulate and Cornerstone LMS.
• Researched, designed, developed, and delivered within five weeks a 40 hour instructor led course for WP Live that reduced the previous time to achieve KPIs from five to six weeks, to within three days to two weeks.
• Within four weeks, researched and learned about the EU’s GDPR, then designed and developed five eLearning training units that was deployed to 2,500 line agents through Cornerstone LMS. This required interacting with multiple stakeholders in privacy, operations, and international business partners in the Philippines and India.
• Created the first software simulators for use in training. Using Articulate Storyline, created multiple simulators that “Show, try, do” Salesforce implementation with frontline call center employees.
- Instructional Designer at Endurance International Group
- Product manager at Quantum Knowledge Strategic Solutions
- Deputy Sheriff at Spotsylvania County Sheriffs Office
- Instructional Designer at TATE, Inc
2 years at this Job
- MS - Criminal Justice
- BS - Philosophy
• Created eLearning courseware for the Materials Traceability Expansion portal for Gas Vendors (Storyline and Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) )
• Created Online Courseware for the Materials Traceability Portal for Source Quality Assurance (Storyline and Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) )
• Designed website Mock-up of the Source Inspection MTE Portal
• Designed website Mock-up of the Construction MTE Portal
• Created Online Courseware for the MTE Portal for Gas Source Inspectors (Storyline and SAP Training)
- Instructional Designer at PG&E - (Contractor)
- Contractor 3mo only at Rabobank International
- Curriculum and Instructional Design Specialist at
- Instructional Designer/Developer at Aquent Consulting
8 months at this Job
- A.S. in Electronics Technology - Electronics Technology
- Certification in Instructional Design
Instructional Designer - Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions (1.3 years) Technical Writer - Navis India technologies (3 years) Technical writer - Hexaware Technologies (9 months) Technical writer - iSoft Pvt Ltd. (2 years)
- Senior Instructional Designer at Tech Mahindra
- Instructional Designer at C2 Workshop Pvt. Ltd
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- M.Sc. - Electronic Media
- B.A. - English Literature
- Post Graduate Diploma - Instructional Design
- Post Graduate Diploma - Software Technology
- - Rubecon Advertising Pvt. Ltd
Instructional designer on the [email protected] Team. Led Cornell University migration from Blackboard to Canvas in 19 month window. https://teaching.cornell.edu/migration-canvas
- Instructional Designer- Educational Technologist at Cornell University
- Instructional Technology Integration Specialist at Mohawk Regional Information Center at Madison-Oneida
- Technology Coordinator at Hamilton Central School District
- Training Specialist at BOCES
5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Education
Certified Ambulatory/Phoenix Instructional Designer
- Certified Instructional Designer - Epic Ambulatory/Phoenix at NYU Langone Hospital System
- Founder/Executive Director at Center for Active Learning
- Clinical Systems Trainer (Epic) at NYU Langone Medical Center
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Education
- B.A. - Film
• Organized and re-wrote instructional documents such as the New Hire Training Manual and database maintenance plans (written by SMEs) so they are easily understandable to new hires.
• Created process flowcharts.
• Developed document guidelines, policies, and procedures, as well as a style guide.
• Delivered train-the-trainer guidance. Client: Birch Telecom (1 year) Instructional Designer
• Analyzed strategic business objectives and developed, recommended, and implemented learning approaches to meet organizational priorities.
• The Administration and Legal Department combined nearly 75 documents that the sales organization used to sell Birch products into 30 new documents. I alone developed the training to instruct the Sales Reps in the use of this completely new paperwork process. There were 80 objects in this training initiative including Leader Guides, Participant Manuals, slide presentations, activities and exercises.
• Determined sources of information, suitability and educational adequacy of materials and methods, and determined the best methods of presentation for the course/module.
• Analyzed, planned, organized, reviewed, revised, evaluated, and provided technical direction on eLearning.
• Created training materials on selling techniques as well as PowerPoint presentations for the Sales Reps on many new products and features.
• Synthesized previous training documents and presentations and researched the Internet, CDs and books to create five new hour-long training modules on teleprospecting. Each module included a Trainer Guide with activities to measure learning, handouts with exercises, a User Guide, and a PowerPoint presentation.
• Created and tested instructional materials including activities to measure learning to be used on the corporate website.
• Working with the Product Development and Marketing Departments, developed the training material in a timely and consistent manner.
• Rewrote 30 previously created PowerPoint presentations and proofread and edited hundreds of previously created Word documents to make them consistent for publication. Client: Bank of America (3 months) Instructional Designer
• Worked with subject matter experts to develop eight training modules for three separate audiences totaling thirteen hours of both on-the-job and instructor-led training as well as job aids.
• I was the last instructional designer standing out of 13 of us who began the project; all the others quit before their courses were completed because of the difficult personalities we were dealing with and the twists and turns the training development took. This I believe to be a testament to my communication skills, mastery of diplomacy and tenacity. Client: University of Phoenix, Park University, Donnelly College, Johnson County Community College (12 years) Senior Online Adjunct Professor, Professor
• Taught online and face-to-face college courses in software use, Computer Essentials, Desktop Publishing, Technology in a Global Society, English and Spanish.
• Wrote the Spanish I and II and the Desktop Publishing curriculum for Donnelly College. Client: American Management Association (1 year) Trainer/Technical Writer and Editor
• Delivered training to adults in Business Writing Skills and English for Office Professionals to hundreds of professionals at a time in a hotel seminar setting.
• Rewrote the Business Writing Skills seminar. Client: Electronic Office Systems (3 years) Trainer
• Delivered software training in all the applications of the MS Office Suite in a computer lab setting. Client: Waste Management Training Center (10 months) Technical Writer
• Developed courses on the use of the Onboard Computing System (OBU), Service Delivery Optimization, and CDL training.
• Liaised with department heads and end users to identify and define business procedures and establish documentation needs for the Training Center.
• Wrote desktop procedures for use by end users.
- Instructional Designer at Zitter Health Insights
4 months at this Job
- Master's of Education in Curriculum and Instruction - Education
- Bachelor's - Secondary Education - Major in Spanish and Minor in English
• Continue all previous Instructional Designer I responsibilities along with additional leadership responsibilities
• Determine scope requirement for pending projects
• Support the development of solutions to create learning experiences that help close the gaps between driving practices and accidents based on research and best practice
• Develop positive and ongoing relationships with clients to help personalize learning experiences to fit their individual needs
• Create and manage courses through SCORM Cloud
• Work directly with Instructional Designer I and Graphic Designer to create new and manage existing courses
• Reviews written and illustrative material and makes recommendations and revisions as necessary
• Manage translation and voice over personality vendors
• Ensure communications are clear, concise and convey the necessary information
• Excellent organizational and project management skills to balance multiple assignments
- Instructional Designer II at ARI
- Instructional Designer I at ARI
- Language Arts Teacher at Communication Arts
- Instructor/Tutor at Sylvan Learning Center
3 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Instructional Design and Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Secondary Education
Instructional designer repsonsible for the creation and maintenance of training materials to support Google Fiber installers, contact centers, and retail stores including instructor led training, e-learning, video and mobile trainings.
- Instructional Designer at Google
- Trainer/ Instructional Designer at Department of Justice
- Senior Instructional Design Manager, Sales and Retention at Cox Communications
- Content and Design Manager at Southeastern Grocers
9 months at this Job
- BA - Journalism