As a numeracy coach, I worked collaboratively with teachers and administrators to provide job-embedded professional learning and opportunities to increase and support student learning. This was done through collaboration, mentoring, and coaching. I worked directly with teachers to plan rigorous and engaging lessons in order to deliver highly effective instruction and collaborated with campus and district administrators, as well as other instructional coaches, to support data informed instruction and to research, identify, and foster the use of best instructional practices to meet the needs of all learners. As an interventionist I provided students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in math and reading subject areas to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. I also enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. I also supervise, mentor, collaborate, and support the teacher aides that assist with the intervention classes. SELECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS § Assist lead teachers in writing of curriculum for 6th, 7th, 8th, and Algebra courses § Create, develop, implement, assess, critique, and assist with curriculum development for math and reading classes § Work closely with teachers in math and reading classes grades 3-8 § Administrative member of Campus Instructional and Leadership Team § Ability to work with strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment § Work with students with special education needs and follow guidelines established in IEP’s § Modeling of effective teaching models and classroom management strategies to teachers at all levels of proficiency § Work with TEA and regional education representatives to produce data and dissect information to address and identify weak areas § Member of the campus data team through TEA § Disseminate data and transfer information into various graphic charts § Ability to multi-task and work independently with little to no direct supervision § Supervise a team of seven math members § Work closely with teachers in math and reading classes grades 3-8 § Provide support for other subject areas such as reading, writing, social studies, and science
- Instructional Specialist at West Orange-Stark Middle School
- Lead Teacher - Reading at Pearland ISD
- Lead Teacher - Reading at West Orange-Stark Middle School
- Lead Math Teacher at Fort Worth ISD
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Educational Leadership
- Master's - Educational Leadership
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
February, 2013 - January, 2016.
Volunteer/Student Worker/Office Assistant/Instructional Specialist.
• Supported pre-licensure Programs which involved maintaining clinical skills checklists, maintaining electronic evaluations, and maintaining Student communication portal.
• Provided training related to Academic and Clinical data platforms
• Student/Faculty support; direct contact regarding systems and system interfaces
• E-systems technology support, including network, desktop/laptop, etc.
• Performed duties including; hardware and software removal and installation
• Setup various inter-office networks, Setup Outlook email, worked with proxies, auto-login, and various platforms, HTML editing, TCP/IP routing, etc.
• Additional duties as assigned.
- Volunteer/Student Worker/Office Assistant/Instructional Specialist at University of Arizona - College of Nursing
- Secretary Intern at Office of Emergency Management
- Student Intern at Department of Information and Technology
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Technology
- Associate - Computer Networking & Security
Tutor students in small groups, individual, or push-in as established by campus need. Provide tutorials to 1-8 students per session. Group students based on guidelines defined by campus or Yancy Life. Be engaged with students throughout the entire tutorial session. Keep accurate daily attendance of students being tutored? Maintain an accurate log of student progress and development. Review testing data to support instructional content being delivered. Prepare materials and/or mini-lessons based on needs identified by assessments or campus.
- Instructional Specialist at Yancy Life, Sugar Grove Academy Middle School
- certified trainer at Taco Cabana
- Receptionist at Toyota Camry & Lexus
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Health Education
- High school - High school diploma
Instructional Designer for adult students using classroom technologies to facilitate learning. Interactive teaching strategies employed. Classes composed of adult students mostly between 19 - 32 years of age with goals to use English mostly in business, university, and personal life. Content composed on textbooks and supplemental materials.
- Instructional Specialist at HOFT Institute
- Instructional Specialist, ESL Services at The University of Texas
- Instructional Specialist at King Saud University
- Instructional Designer at School of Informational Science & Learning Technology, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
2 months at this Job
- Education Specialist degree - Educational Technology
- Master of Arts - Foreign Language Education/English as a Second Language
- Bachelor of Arts - Elementary Education
• Provides consultation expertise to stakeholders to improve overall quality and excellence of training, courses, and programs.
• Conducts needs assessments, analysis, and other research to validate a need for training based on strategic plans
• Designs, develops, plans, schedules, and conducts eLearning training and courses.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts (both internal and external) to create training and course content, and evaluation tools.
• Assists stakeholders to identify ways to close performance gaps between desired and actual performance; synthesize and report retention and performance data.
• Develop partnerships with a geographically dispersed management team to identify issues and create effective training solutions.
• Leverage several LMS platforms in the development of eLearning courses.
• Evaluate participant’s work according to grading criteria; synthesize and report performance data.
- Instructional Specialist / Academic Coach at Instructional Connections LLC
- Program Manager at University of Phoenix, Apollo Group
- Department Chair at University of Phoenix, Apollo Group
- Human Resources Manager at Professional Accounting Solutions
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Camtasia 2018 Certification - Instructional Design
- PhD - Higher Education Administration / Adult Education and Training
- MS - Human Resource Management
- Professional Certification - Human Resource Administration
mentor, and coach instructional coaches, co-lead Instructional Coach Network and Professional Communities Network serving regional districts, design and present professional development on various educational topics, assist teachers in effective classroom strategies, plan for and discuss curriculum, observe and offer constructive feedback, work with new to profession teachers, research new curriculum and educational ideas, conference with teachers about individual behavior and classroom situations.
- Instructional Specialist at Train
- Instructional Coach at Hutto Independent School District
- Mentor at Hutto Independent School District
- ARI teacher for third and fourth grade students at Hutto Independent School District
2 years at this Job
- - curriculum and teaching
- - design
- - philosophy
- - planning
- - planning
- - leadership
• Provide instruction in Reading and Writing.
• Provide instruction in small groups, individual, or push-in as established by campus need.
• Provide instruction to 1-8 students per session.
• Make sure identified students are coming to tutorial sessions.
• Be engaged with students throughout the entire tutorial session.
• Keep accurate daily attendance of students receiving services.
• Maintain an accurate log of student progress and development.
• Review testing data to support instructional content being delivered.
• Prepare materials and/or mini-lessons to be delivered to students based on needs identified by assessments or campus staff.
- INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIALIST at Yancy Life Transition Center
- ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR at San Jacinto College
- THEATER OUTREACH ACTRESS at Baylor College of Medicine
- HOLIDAY JEWELRY SALES ASSOCIATE at Macy's
1 month at this Job
- MASTER OF LIBERAL ARTS - Drama
- DIPLOMA - Writing for Children & Teens
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Theatre Arts
• Massachusetts DESE License# 403531: Professional Supervisor/Director 5-12 (English, Reading/ English Language Arts); Teacher 5-12 Professional (English, Reading/English Language Arts); SEI Endorsed, November 2015 to November 2020
• As Instructional Specialist: With school administrators, develop, implement, and supervise instruction and curriculum for all educational programs per school and district policies and procedures.
• Provided staff with professional development opportunities that help raise the level of instructional performance and student achievement.
• Addressed the needs of at-risk students and assist in goal of all students meeting state performance standards.
• Oversaw the school's testing program to assure appropriate accountability and assists the school in the interpretation of test results.
• Guided teachers and school-based curriculum support personnel in organizing classrooms for effective learning.
• Supported teacher instructional best practice in the classroom through modeling, coaching, and conferring with teachers
• Participated in district-sponsored instructional training with grade-level teams.
• As Instructor: As English language arts teacher, construct standards--based, differentiated lessons to identify measureable goals for students
• Create differentiated learning activities to meet the needs of all learners
• Design rigorous, applicable assessments aligned with English Language Arts Common Core standards--based assessment outcomes.
• Make learning objectives clear and attainable to all students in a full-inclusion learning environment, including English language learners as well as students having special academic, physical, behavioral, and emotional challenges.
- Instructional Specialist and English Teacher at Lowell Public Schools
- Adjunct Instructor at Endicott College
- Instructional Leader/Mentor Teacher at Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston
- English Teacher and Instructional Leadership Team Member at Chelsea Public Schools
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.Ed - Education: Curriculum, Instruction,Assessment in Language and Literacy
- Bachelor of Arts: - Government
Provide targeted support that is based on identified needs of school-based coaches and teachers. These differentiated supports foster the growth and development of teachers for optimal implementation of the Florida Standards, assessments and effective instructional strategies, including but not limited to the integration of technology with a personalized learning environment. In addition, I design and deliver individualized professional learning to support coaches and teachers that develop skills in critical areas such as establishing a positive school and classroom culture, delivering a content rich and rigorous curriculum, , analysis of student work, differentiating instruction and supporting English Language learners and students with special needs.
- Science Instructional Specialist at Broward County Public Schools
- 8th Grade Science Teacher • Science Coach at A.C. Perry PK8 School
- Teacher at Cobb Middle School
- Teacher at Denn John Middle School
3 months at this Job
- Ed.D. - Leadership and Management
- M.S. - Secondary Education
- B.S. - Biology
- Instructional Specialist at Eastern Gateway Community College
- Training Specialist I-Instructional Writer at BCBS SC
- Training Specialist I- Coach at BCBS SC
- IT Service Specialist III at SC DHHS
5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Instructional Technology - Instructional Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in History - History