Performs a variety of instrumentation and control activities for projects, including engineering feasibility studies, cost estimates, control loop design, instrument data sheets, and loop drawing check. A recent project was on-site walking the P&IDs to verify the existing control loops and list the manufacturer and model number of each field instrument. An instrument index was done to tabulate all the information gained in the walk down. In another project, the instrumentation for a petrochemical plant upgrade was engineered. The control valves and flow meter runs were sized and data sheets for all the field instruments were completed. During start up, assisted the instrument technician with calibration, checked the instrument installations, verified the loop configurations, and witnessed instrument operation.
- Instrument Engineer at Ambitech Engineering Corporation
- Instrument Engineer at CH2M Hill / Lockwood Greene
- Instrument Engineer at Fru-Con Engineering
- Instrument Engineer at Dynalogic Engineering
8 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
OBJECTIVE To: Obtain Process/Project/Instrument Engineering position, utilizing my experience in process, troubleshooting, projects, instruments, and process design. EXPERIENCE Process/Instrument/Project Engineer (2000 to August 2017) Goodyear Tire and Rubber, Beaumont Texas Chemical Plant Managed Instrumentation department for Capital and Expense projects, up to 20MM. Assign I/O for all projects, ie Capital and Expense. Includes using existing or new Junction boxes. Design and review of Loop drawings, P&ID’s, PFD, and PLC wiring, Perform Engineering studies (Hysis, Aspen, and Chemcad simulation software) to write/implement/estimate Capital and Expense projects. Targeting 2year ROI’s. Send Project packages out to contractors for bids. Receive bid packages and award packages based on cost, design, and deliverables. Conducted and participated on Capital and Expense Management of change and Process Hazard Analysis. Performed heat and material balances daily and monthly for accounting and troubleshooting purposes. Performed unit test runs based on R&D piolet plant runs. Write Standards operating procedures and Process operating procedures. Programed instruments locally and remotely from with AMS on DCS master control panel. Use of smart instruments for process streams, ie pressure and temperature compensated. Converted 14 finishing units from PLC to DCS. Specify and procure all new instrumentation for the Beaumont Plant. Write work orders for installation of instruments and projects. Used best practices and updated preferred vendor instrument list for plant. Looking for accuracy, cost, and longevity. Closed 65 MOC requirements in the first 6 months of 2012. Items included mechanical piping, instrumentation wiring, calibration, field testing, installation, and startups for new instruments and equipment. Wrote budget, specified and procured all parts, equipment, instruments and installation for Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer. 2.1MM. Project includes safety interlocking systems and Environmental reporting instrument calibration and PM’s, Complete Demo and Install in 10 days. Wrote budget, specified and procured all instruments and parts for complete Flare Replacement, 1.25M. Project includes safety interlocking systems and Environmental reporting instrument calibration and PM’s. Simulation studies to improve distillation tower performance at Goodyear’s Isoprene refining unit. Unit makes 99.9 % pure monomer for making poly-isoprene and this study ended with saving 15 % lower steam usage and 13 % better tray efficiency and a ROI in less than six months. Project cost was 1.5MM. Certified Green Belt in Six Sigma and lean manufacturing. Trained to perform process controls programming using Emerson Delta V DCS Trained operations groups to operate new equipment/units. Perform assessments and startup of new equipment/instruments. Performed heat studies on exchangers to optimize cleaning intervals. Installed new Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer for air pollution controls at Goodyear. Performed studies to improve operations and reduce down time for unit. Performed DCS upgrade from Toshiba DCS to Delta V DCS, programming and checking all loops for control strategy. Lead auditor for ISO 9000, performing internal audits on plant units. Environmental team leader for the department. Specified all instrumentation for projects, ie control valves, Level Radar, Nuclear level, mass flow meters, orifice flow meters, rotor meters, thermocouples, based on operating range. Automated manual valves for interlocking shutdown, PHA. Specified instruments based on controlled media, temperature and pressure etc. Installed several electric process heat exchangers for different processes. Installed several wireless systems to help monitor process conditions. Use ISA standards for all instrumentation work. Senior Process Design Engineer (1996 to 1998) Foster Wheeler Corporation, Houston, Texas Conducted front end simulation packages for Delayed Coker Unit to size equipment involved in building unit. Generated technical job scope for construction bids. Sized plant equipment, including towers, pumps, valves, exchangers, RX, and absorbers. Checked P&ID’s for all equipment for completeness and correctness. Validated relief and flare studies for refineries. Process Design Engineer (1995 – 1996) CITGO Refinery Corpus Christi Texas Process Engineer (1991- 1995) Star Enterprise Port Arthur Texas Started up new sulfur unit with best technology available. Improve Sulfur Rx with oxygen enrichment design. Process Engineer on FCCU, Hydrocracker, Hydro-treater, Delayed Coker etc. EDUCATION Mississippi Coast Community College Mississippi State University (1988 – 1991) Bachelor of Science Chemical Engineering. Attended ISA certified automation professional,CAP, course in 2016. REFERENCES · Available upon request
- Project/Process/Instrument Engineer at Goodyear Tire & Rubber Plant
- Senior Process Engineer at Foster Wheeler Corporation
- Process Design Engineer at CITGO Refinery Corpus Christi Texas
- Process Engineer at Star Enterprise Port Arthur Texas
17 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Engineering
Maintaining of field instruments like Temperature Sensors, Pressure gauges, Level Transmitters & Flow meters. ◆ Created data sheets for Temperature, Pressure, Level and Flow instruments. ◆ Maintained, updated and edited contents of Instrument Index and I/O list. ◆ Utilized Fisher Specification Manager Software to specify control valves for severe services and produce parameters and curve for data sheet. ◆ Perform energy assessments and studies through measurement and modeling using appropriate software tools. ◆ Working effectively with other engineers as a part of the team. ◆ Expertise in noting machine specifications and programming the machine accordingly. ◆ Travel to field locations when required. ◆ Working closely and taking instructions from the Sr. Chemical Engineer to get things done.
- Instrument Engineer Trainee at BHAGYANAGAR CHLORIDES PVT.LTD
9 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Emerging Computing Technologies Prospects of Near-Threshold Design for Green Computing
- M. Tech - Publications
Planning & Methods: Work pack preparation for all planned inspection and major maintenance operations.( statutory equipments and rotating machines) Experienced in the implementation of the DataStream 7i CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System). Development of the preventive maintenance plan (PM, Job Plans, Number of Labors & hours) for Gas Compression and Re-injection project. Integrating the new Equipment, JP and PM for all project equipment into the CMMS. Review instrument maintenance Job Plan procedures (Job Plans generally contain tasks, along with lists of estimated labor, materials, and tools required for the work). Receives incoming work requests, checks for completeness, allocate the equipment, and checks in the field the defined job in coordination with operations supervisors and determines detailed requirements for manpower skill levels, estimated man hours, material, and special support services such as scaffolds, cranes, forklifts, …etc. Work order generation & creation of material requisitions. Follows up on the execution of maintenance schedules, coordinating as necessary with operations and engineering supervisors. And ensures that all repair work is carried out according to the job plan. Follows up daily scheduled maintenance works to ensure that maintenance tasks are timely executed as per specified schedules and receives feedback on work progress from supervisor and updates backlog. Highlights and reports abnormal activities to supervisor for further clarification and follow-up. Reviews work priorities with concerned operations supervisor in relation to backlog work, preventive/corrective maintenance tasks and manpower, resources and spare parts Materials availability. Link item to equipment building bill of material Cataloguing of new material and spare parts ensuring availability of economical stock level. Technical evaluation of material and spare parts to be purchased. Develop list of materials and spare parts and associate spare part list to parent equipment. Ensure equipment repair and refurbishment for safety critical items meets acceptable standards. Ensure availability of equipment and tools required for effective maintenance work. Prepare material and spare part for the maintenance work order. Material inspection Review, Test Certificate Review and inspection report sign of. Material identification, technique reception and provide feedback to material coordinators. Perform technical evaluation of the material and spare part. Liaison with A&C coordinators. Close completed work order, with in requested information. Data collection for MUSIS update. Compiling and submitting reports as required and at the relevant frequency to manager CDS
- Method & Planning Senior Instrument Engineer at JGC Corporation
- Automatic (instrumentation) Engineer at Entreprise Nationale de Grands Travaux Pétroliers (ENGTP, Spa)
- insulation supervisor at JGC-KBR
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor’s and Master’s - Automatic control Engineering
- Technicien - HSE
- BAC+5 - Engineering
Lead E&I effort for Solar Turbine Package Modernization Program to upgrade fire and gas system, HVAC, generator control panels to newer technology, and replace electrical, instrument and control cables for turbine generators to address the control system obsolescence issue and increase the system integrity for greater longevity of the Power Generation System on the Takula Water Injection Platform offshore of Cabinda, Angola.
• Reviews platform's technical engineering drawings, contract terms and conditions of work authorization.
• Develops complete workpack instruction for field installation and commissioning of new power, control and instrumentation systems as well as demolition instruction for mentioned systems.
• Participates in job safety analysis, HSE and risk assessments as required for completing the workpack instruction.
- Electrical & Instrument Engineer, Surface Facilities Engineering at DORIS INC
- Senior Engineer, Workover Control System (WOS) at AKER SOLUTIONS, SUBSEA INC
- Electrical Engineer III, BOP Controls Engineering Department at CAMERON DRILLING AND PRODUCTION SYSTEMS
- Design Review Engineer (Contract), Electrical and Machinery Systems at AMERICAN BUREAU OF SHIPPING
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Electrical Engineering
- - Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management
• Texas refineries and Enterprise Pumping stations, level, temperature, flow and valving instruments, cause effect matrix and mentoring student engineers.
• Projects completed and caught up.
- Electrical Instrument Engineer at North Star Energy Services
- at CRA Engineering
- at Ford Bacon & Davis
- at Salmon & Associates
2 years, 5 months at this Job
Implemented DC with AC motor and Variable Frequency Drive for closed loop control
- Instrument Engineer - Co-Op at ExxonMobil
- Member Service Clerk at Texas A&M - Student Recreational Center
- Electronic Sales Associate at Sears Holdings
- Hardware Systems Engineer - Intern at L3 Technology - Communication Systems East
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Business and Mathematics
• Serve as lead engineer on over $10 million of capital and expense projects annually
• Size and select the appropriate instrument technology solution for project applications
• Work with automation team to define process control hardware and system requirements
• Review and annotate design documents including P&IDs, schematics, and equipment schedules
• Direct and oversee the work of designers, drafters, and remote engineers
• Assemble and review the electrical and instrument documentation issued in construction bid packages including location plans, spec sheets, and installation details
• Troubleshoot and commission electrical equipment, instrumentation, and control systems
- Electrical and Instrument Engineer at The Dow Chemical Company
- Undergraduate Teaching Assistant at Department of Mathematics, Michigan State University
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Engineering
December 2017 - Present
• In-Plant assignment to Exxon Mobil Refinery for the past 6 months providing engineering assistance for routine maintenance and turnaround work for CHD 1/2 and Coker units.
• Use independent management skills, such as troubleshooting through issues to resolve any conflicts, making recommendations to resolve issues.
• Put together Engineering Packages that included Redlines, Loops, Instrument Specs and any supporting documentation for there MOC process.
• Writing SCI and Operational Procedures for Exxon Mobil Refinery for there Coker Unit and ScanFiner Project. Skills
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Word
• SPI (INtools)
• Rosemount Pgm
• SCI Procedures
• Instrument Specs
• Daniel Orifice Flow Calculator Projects Worked on: BASF-Freeport, TX DCS Upgrade Project
• Upgraded the ammonia terminal DCS and rewired approximately 200 existing instruments to a new IO cabinet. OCI-Beaumont, TX Raw Water Project
• Added a new pump station for their water treatment plant.
• Spec'd out instruments and performed an engineering approval
• Performed field walks, running pump "A" and pump "B" for about an hour each for maintenance purposes for about a year. Phillip 66-Beaumont Terminal ETCOP Lateral Piping Project
• Provide controls and position indication to PLC in MCC building for six new MOV's.
• Provide temperature and pressure indication and shutdown on high temperature and pressure to PLC.
• Installed a new 30" 600# ESV valve (that is operated by the SIS-PLC) downstream of the pressure transmitter to shutoff the incoming process fluid if above 275 psig to protect the 150# system. Phillip 66-Beaumont Terminal Crude Flushing System Project
• Spec'd out (4) MOVs that were wired back to the PLC.
• Checked engineering approvals to make sure that the wiring for the new valves were landing correctly in the new J-box. Phillip 66-Beaumont Terminal Methanol Project
• Assembled and installed new PLC cabinet in their new EEC building.
• Installed new field instruments and field wiring to J-boxes.
• Installed new homerun cables from field J-boxes to the PLC.
• Installed tank bus instrumentation and ran fieldbus wire to new tank system hub.
• Spec'd all instruments that are located out in the field and performed an engineering approval. Western Refinery-El Paso, TX JA Flare Steam and Natural Gas
• Provided instrument specifications, sizing calculations and vendor quotes for this phase of the project.
• Spec'd GE flow meters for their steam flare system along with control valves.
• Prepared technical evaluations of all suppliers' proposals.
• Spec'd all other instruments that are located out in the field and performed an engineering approval. TPC-Beaumont, TX SIS S2S4 Groups Project
• Performed engineering calculations for sizing field instruments.
• Added three new Siemens Gas Chromatographs Analyzers.
• Spec'd all other instruments that were located in the field and performed an engineering approval. Oiltanking-Beaumont/Port Neches, TX Ho-Ho Tanks Project
• Prepared and supervised the preparation of technical specifications for the equipment and performed an engineering approval.
• Prepared technical evaluations of all suppliers' proposals.
• Spec'd all instruments that are located out in the field and performed an engineering approval.
- Instrument Engineer at Coastal Automation Services
- at Burrow Global Engineering
- at Jacobs Engineering
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Location: Dammam, KSA.
• Systematically organize the schedule work activities to meet project milestone and target completion.
• In charge in organizing loop test groups and prepare loop folders. Supervise DCS operator and instrument technician in performing complete loop test from DCS to filed instrument device (analog and digital signal).
• Loop checking of instrument such as flow, level, pressure, temperature (Fisher Rosemount, Vortex, Yokogawa and Emerson) on/off valves and control valves includes also switches and solenoid valves.
• Loop checking of Flammable Gas detector, Toxic Gas Detector, Beam Gas Detector and Smoke Detector.
• Interface checking of I/O signal of Vibration Speed Drive (VSD) and Motor Control Center (MCC) through DCS.
• Interface function test of instruments between DCS, ESD and F&G using cause and effect chart.
• Interpret Logic Diagram, Instrument Loop Diagram (ILD), DCS graphic process functions and coordinate with the Instrument Engineer and vendor of Yokogawa and HIMA if modification is needed and required by the client also familiar with P&ID.
• Familiarize with HART communicator and other instrument equipment.
• Work also in System Completion and Mechanical Completion to be hand over to the client.
• Prepare reports and coordinate with QC and other discipline for proper documentation in System completion and issuance of Pre Commissioning Certificate.
• Assist commissioning team in any related instrument works, calibration and punch killing for preparation of leak test and pressure testing activities.
• Maintain closed relation with clients and other department involved for smooth flow of loop testing activities and construction completion. Trouble shooting and repair as need arise.
- Instrument Supervisor at Snamprogetti
- IT Support Engineer at PepsiCo, Pakistan
9 months at this Job
- MSc - Electronic and Communication Engineering