Adam Charles Burtenshaw Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer Contact Email: [email protected] Contact Number:(US) 929 334 1368 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Current address: 148 W 10 St, New York, 10014
- Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer at Nomenca PLC
6 months at this Job
- Higher National Certificate - Mechatronics
- BTEC National Certificate - Process Plant Engineering
- NVQ - Level 3
• Perform usage/interpretation of Electrical/ instrumentation drawing.
• Enhance wiring, coding and termination of MCC Electrical/Instrumentation control panel.
• Service/maintain gas transfer station components (gas regulator, over pressure relief valve, strainer etc).
• Complete replacement/commissioning of five pillard gas burner pipe instruments(temperature, Pressure and flow sensors).
• Facilitate procurement, Installation and maintenance of surveillance (cctv), power inverter and solar systems.
- Electrical Instrumentation Engineer at SAMARG INSTRUMENTATION NIG. LTD
- Electrical Inspection Engineer at LAFARGE CEMENT WAPCO NIGERIA, EWEKORO PLANT
- Automation Supervisor at Day Instrumentation
- Instrumentation Supervisor at Shift Automation
3 years at this Job
- - Industrial Engineering
- HND - Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- - Electronics Engineering
Design and implement a variety of software, firmware and hardware projects relating to computer controlled data acquisition systems, instrumentation, test equipment, embedded systems development, PCB design and layout.
• Acoustic Multilateration system for measuring and calculating the physical location of a single sound impulse
• GT30 Xantrex Firmware and control board circuit design for a TI MSP430 based 3-phase 30KW grid-tie inverter. Hardware and firmware met all UL 1741, CSA C22.2 and IEEE 1547-2003 safety requirements.
• HC08 based PID pressure controller modifications to increase dynamic response time for plastic soda bottle manufacturing.
- Instrumentation Engineer at Apis Industries
- Senior Research & Development Engineer at Instruments for Science & Medicine, Inc
- Firmware Author at Apis Industries
- Senior Hardware Engineer at AXON Instruments
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. in Electronic Engineering - Electronic Engineering
- A.S. in Mathematics - Mathematics
Most recently I have been working in the Instrumentation Department of the Precision Casting Facility providing furnace calibrations and routine calibrations required on other process lines including mechanical wash lines and X-ray machines in which I completed training courses I have a letter of recommendation form my department manager.
- Instrumentation Engineer at Rolls Royce, Derby
- Product Safety Engineer at GE previously ALSTOM Grid, Stafford
- System Support Engineer at Thales Defence and Avionics
- Production and Customer Repairs Senior Test Engineer at GEC / Alenia Marconi
1 year at this Job
- HND - Electronics and IT
- O levels in Maths - Physics
- A level - Physics A level
• Designed flight test aircraft data acquisition systems
• Provided technical direction for instrumentation hardware buildup and installation
• Prepared and maintained instrumentation configuration control documentation and modification packages
• Interpreted mechanical drawings for hardware installation, troubleshooting and checkouts
• Conducted checkouts
• Troubleshot instrumentation equipment October 2014 - January 2017
- Instrumentation Engineer at Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
- Visiting instructor at Florida Atlantic University
- Adjunct Professor at Florida Atlantic University
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at Florida Atlantic University
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Physics - Physics
- Master of Science in Physics - Physics
- Master of Science in Mathematics - Mathematics
Managed logic framing and logic modifications employing PLC programming in FBD language in Unity Pro
XL and planned preemptive measures to avoid recurring problems.
• Worked on PID controllers for control loop operations and configured different field signals to process operators for continuous monitoring through ECS software by Flsmidth Automations.
• Planned and executed SCADA- PLC networking projects between geographically separated limestone mines, cement clinker, and control room.
• Ensured timely completion of all PLC related modifications and instrumentation jobs in SCADA server, Plant Information server and Fuzzy systems.
• Worked on different field equipments- RTD, Thermocouple, proximity sensors, ultrasonic level sensors, actuators, solenoid valves.
• Prepared the purchase & material requisition, inventory status, Why- Why analysis, and generated reports for plant production goals in SAP software.
• Ensured zero personal injury and maintained full compliance of Black / Red corner notice recommendations in PLC/DCS section.
• Analyzed the breakdowns and implemented modifications through Why-Why analysis, and Root Cause analysis.
- Instrumentation Engineer at UltraTech Cement Limited
- Intern at UltraTech Cement Limited
- Intern at UltraTech Cement Limited
- Intern at DUCAT
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Computer Engineering
ZPC) | Hwange Power Station |
P.O. Box 257, Hwange, Zimbabwe
Type of business sector Energy - Power Generation
Occupation or position held Control and Instrumentation Engineer
Main activities and responsibilities
● Plant modifications to incorporate new instruments / equipment,
● Manning automation systems (Siemens Teleperm ME & XP, PLC),
● Providing engineering solutions to plant recurring problems,
● Raising specifications for plant and instrument spares,
● Root cause analysis and investigations on unit trips,
● Carrying out life extension projects on plant,
● Provide training for instrumentation stuff,
● Handling contractors for various works,
● Commissioning of plant after outages,
● Supervising outage works.
- Occupation or position held Control and Instrumentation Engineer at Zimbabwe Power Company
- at Success Motivation International, INC
- at Compressors Cooling
- at Chlorination Plant
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- B. Eng - Electronic Engineering
- O'Level - English and Sciences
-Responsible for overseeing all stages of the development of new process control systems including: design, installation, testing, and implementation, as well as maintaining and updating existing control systems -Responsible for creating interlock designs, testing procedures and PFD calculations - PHA/LOPA support -Train E&I technicians and other operations personnel to ensure understanding and ability to perform their annual interlock testing procedure -Served as the subject matter expert, providing support to various teams during incident investigations root cause and analysis. This included identifying the issue, developing a solution and suggesting ways to avoid future recurrence. -Tasked to regularly review the existing instrumentation practices being implemented across multiple sites in an effort to ensure consistency and adherence to safety requirements/standards. -Technical support/advisor for ESL, CRP, WOB, SHRC sites for Rockwell PLC/DCS systems and their associated instrumentation practices. -Acted as the Alarm Management initiative coordinator for all of FS&RE Wilmington sites, while conducting and training each site for Alarm Rationalization. -Acted as the Interlock Guardian for all of FS&RE Wilmington sites. Responsible for conducting all Safety Interlock PFD calculations, testing procedures and design components for any new or already existing Interlocks to meeting their PHA requirements. - Duet liaison between contractors and Wilmington sites for control system upgrades to follow Dupont standards. Lead data collection to enable better troubleshooting using IP21 and Matrikon. - Served as E&IC Lead on #6 oil to natural gas conversion for twelve 80,000lb/hr steam boilers over an 8-year period consisting of new instrumentation and controls systems, utilizing Allen Bradley Control Logix SIL1 certified PLCs and Factory Talk View SE servers, clients and stand-alone Versa Views. - Served as E&IC Lead on the control system upgrade from ABB to Allen Bradly DCS system on an incinerator with over 700 I/O points. The new system consisted of redundant AB SIL1 certified Control Logix PLCs as the BMS and CCS. The DCS utilized Factory Talk View SE and View Point.
- Controls and Instrumentation Engineer at DuPont, FS&RE
- Project Engineer at ISC
- Project Engineer at B&G Foods
- Controls Project Engineer at Advanced Automation Associates Inc
10 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Computer Integrated Manufacturing
for BAPETCO Obaiyed Gas Plant, Western desert.
• Commissioning for the new Well-head (Control Panels and instrumentation) Worked in accordance with company's safety regulations and procedures.
• Field Instrumentation and Well-Heads maintenance.
• Programming, Configuring, Modifying and Commissioning RTU software and hardware (ROC-300, ROC-800, Scadapac, ..Etc.).
• Providing PMR procedures for any new equipment according to the manufactures manuals & company safety regulations.
• Preparation of monthly activity reports, technical reports & failure analysis reports, highlight reasons for equipment failures and raise/ review recommendations to rectify such malfunctions.
• Super user in SAP program which started in Apr 2006 that replaced IMMPOWER software.
• Following up the material and their stock levels in warehouse, technical evaluation for offers from suppliers and received materials in warehouse, raise the material required stock proposals.
• Preparing the task risk assessment (TRA) for all mechanical department activities and attend the daily TRA / PTW meeting.
• Best completed work order feedback and history recorder in maintenance sector.
• Worked in accordance with company's safety regulations and procedures.
• Carried-out preventive & corrective maintenance routines of plant and well-heads.
• Installations and maintenance of various types of pneumatic and electronic equipment.
• Performed jobs in workshop.
• Control and Shutdown Valves maintenance and calibration.
• Various types of transmitters' maintenance and calibration (Pressure, Level, Flow, Temperature and Vibration).
• Fire and Gas detectors maintenance and calibration.
• ESD and Fire & Gas Triconix programming and maintenance.
• Compressors and Pumps instrument and purge unit maintenance.
• Compressors Anti-Surge unit maintenance.
• Creation of fiber optic communication networks.
• Splicing fiber optic cables with high proficiency using all splicing techniques.
• Carry out OTDR test report for the fiber optic cores using OTDR.
- First Instrumentation Engineer at BAPETCO
9 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering
• Interpret client requirements and international standards including design of field instruments and recommending cost effective automation and instrumentation solutions.
• Performing instrument sizing calculations.
• Preparing Control system and field instruments specifications/data sheets and inquiry/purchase requisitions for Control System and field instruments as required.
• Provide procurement support from initial concept to installation and produce technical bid evaluations of vendor quotations, and making recommendations for vendor award.
• Coordinate and project interface with other engineering disciplines including design review and resolution of areas of concern. Review and comment vendor data issued on the project.
• Provide technical support and overview, coordination of document submittals and communications to vendors and vendor's subcontractors.
• Provide leadership, guidance, and training to junior engineers and others relative to current code trends and direction.
• Develop and recommend automation and instrumentation standards, codes and procedures that shall become part of the operating instructions and global procedures of the company.
• Coordinate communications, relations and project interface with customer, suppliers, subcontractors, third party consultants and certifying agencies.
• Provide feedback and implement design improvements.
• Support and maintain engineering documentation, including drawings, change orders, test procedures and reports.
• Ensure ongoing communication with the project manager throughout the project lifecycle
• Strictly adhere to defined project scope, timelines and budget.
• Participate in weekly progress review meetings and provide technical status reports.
- Sr. Instrumentation Engineer at Saulsbury Industries
- Engineering Scientist at Aerospace Testing Alliance
- Engineering Intern at Aerospace Testing Alliance
6 years at this Job
- Masters Degree - Engineering Management
- Bachelors in Electrical and Computer Engineering - Electrical and Computer Engineering