2009 – present Sandy Valley Baptist Church Position: Insurance Administrator / risk manager, Department Officer / Lesson Study, Chairmen Budget & Finance Committee: participate in management of the annual budget $267,000. Serve as a volunteer in various capacities depending on needs of the church.*
- Insurance Administrator / Risk Manager, Department Officer at Sandy Valley Baptist Church
- Disaster Mitigation Volunteer Nurse at Middle GA Chapter of the American Red Cross / Medical Reserve Corps
- Risk Manager at Wittenberg Associates, Risk Management
- Lead Nurse RN, Admissions RN, Clinical RN at Various Environments of Healthcare
9 years, 1 month at this Job
- BSN - Generic Nursing
- MHA - Healthcare Adminiatration
- Bachelor's - Behavioral Science & Business
• Responsible for the Certificate of Insurance process for Management Vendors. This includes but is not limited to reviewing and approving insurance certificates, obtaining renewal certificates and maintaining the certificate storage database.
• Act as a liason between outside risk consultants, internal stakeholders and Procurement with regards to insurance issues.
• Communicate with vendors on an ongoing basis in regards to risk transfer and insurance guidelines.
• Ensure the Procurement insurance/risk transfer policy and procedures are adhered to.
• Collaborate with Procurement team members on ad-hoc projects as requested.
• Participate in periodic process and procedure trainings with internal stakeholders.
- Insurance Administrator at LEFRAK
- Senior Underwriting Coordinator at ALLIANZ GLOBAL RISK US INSURANCE
- Underwriting Assistant at ST. PAUL FIRE & MARINE INSURANCE
- Underwriting Associate II at CHUBB INSURANCE
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
Responsible for obtaining insurance authorizations for Medicaid and Optum, calling for benefits for new clients, entering new evaluations on the schedule for therapist.
- Insurance Administrator at Achieve Therapy Services
- Scheduling coordinator at Webber Dentistry
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Word Processing Training Center
Third party insurance administrator for a variety of insurance companies, interacting with members on a day to day basis in regards of their policies or solicitations they've received. Provide members with in general statements of what their policies cover. Help with the maintenance work on the policies such as payments, beneficiary forms and claims forms. Having to multitask and work with various programs while looking at members accounts. Also walk through with the members on how to create and login to online account, along with also teaching them how to use the account all over the phone.
- Scottsdale - Insurance Administrator at Agia Affinity Group
- Manager at Someburros, Chandler
- Banquet team member/ Server at Saguaro, Scottsdale
- Cashier at Someburros, Gilbert
4 months at this Job
Evaluates, recommends, and secures insurance for the Hoopa Valley Tribe.
• Identify, analyzes, evaluates and treats risks that would cause major financial loss to the Tribe.
• Responsible for the formulation, implementation and monitoring of procedural policies as they relate to insurance, safety, claims, and the settling of losses.
• Administers the Hoopa Tribe's 401 (k) Plan, Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Prescription Drug Card Program, Workers Compensation, General Liability, Property and Casualty.
• Assigned the Human Resource Director duties in November 2012 by Tribal Council. Develops policy directs and coordinates human resource activities, such as employment compensation, benefits training, and a variety of employee services.I am a loyal, dedicated hardworking individual who has great work ethics. I have extensive work experienced administering various lines of insurance and a working knowledge of human resources as it pertains to employment, group health insurance, workers compensation, and retirement. I love to learn, and am always up to a new challenge. I get along with others, work efficiently on my own, and am not afraid to make decisions. I have worked for the Hoopa Valley Tribe for over 20 years. I initially started in 1985 as the Office Manager for the Tribal Police Department. In that position I gained a wealth of experience in managing an office, meeting deadlines, and working with the general public. I learned both written and verbal skills that have proven invaluable to me as I have advanced in the Hoopa Valley Tribe's work force. I learned about Resolutions and Ordinances and how they related to government. In 1992, I became the Insurance Administrator - Risk Manager for the Hoopa Valley Tribe. This was a new position within the tribal structure. Initially, the program consisted of conventional insurance. After evaluating the tribe's insurance coverage's, I recommended to the Tribal Council the Self-Insured - All lines aggregate coverage we have today. I also administer group health insurance benefits, including group life insurance for employees of the Hoopa Valley Tribe and its several entities. The group health plan is a self-funded plan under an administrative services agreement. It is my job to evaluate and administer this plan in the most cost-effective manner for the Hoopa Valley Tribe. I ensure that premium and funding levels are adequate to support plan expenses and claims, as well as a multitude of other tasks pertaining to the health plan. As you know, Tribal Government is unique and as such we have incorporated certain federal statutes afforded to self-governance tribes in order to maintain appropriate funding levels to provide benefits and maintain the integrity of the plan. I also administer the Tribe's 401(k) plan. In this area the Tribe's Insurance Department, which I administer, is responsible for providing employee orientations, sign-ups, loan processing and reviews. The Department also submits employer and employee contributions, and gathers and prepares information and documentation for the annual 5500 filing, including the annual audit. In addition, I also review and distribute employees' quarterly reports and monitor the plan for compliance. I am responsible for all of these action items. I also administer the self-funded workers compensation program, which includes, but is not limited to, filing worker compensation claims with our Third Party Administrator, monitoring employees' medical status, and exercising settlement authority on litigated claims. In administering the above mentioned areas I have drafted both Tribal Resolutions and Ordinances necessary for implementation of such areas of coverage in an effort to control and reduce our risk. I have experience in work with the Tribal Council, which is the governing body of the Hoopa Valley Tribe, a Governmental Entity which operates as such. I know firsthand about existing tribal health enrollment and payroll systems. Effective November 2012 I was assigned the additional duties and responsibilities of the Human Resource Director of the Hoopa Valley Tribe. This position has provided me with a further expansion of duties and responsibilities related to human resource activities, such as employment compensation, training, development of job descriptions, recruitment activities, policy development, and employee services.
- Insurance Administrator-Risk Manager at Hoopa Valley Tribal Council
- Office Manager-Communications Supervisor at Hoopa Department of Public Safety
- Office Manager at Tribal Police Department
- at Hoopa Valley High School
26 years, 9 months at this Job
- Certificate - General Education
6. Assistant Controller, the Payroll Administrator, the Health & Life Insurance Administrator Resume
2006 - March 2, 2018
Assistant Controller, the Payroll Administrator, the Health & Life Insurance Administrator and the 401k Plan Sponsor.
• General Ledger
• Monthly and Yearly Closings
• Account and Bank Reconciliations
• Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
• Yearly 401k Census
• Yearly Work Comp Audit
- Assistant Controller, the Payroll Administrator, the Health & Life Insurance Administrator at Brown Service Company, Inc./ITC Holding Company, Inc
- at PreHolding Company
- Plant Accountant and Payroll Processor at Probilt Manufacturing Company
12 years, 2 months at this Job
• Excellent accounting skills needed to determine accounts payable, payment options and interest
• Assist customers in finding a way to meet financial obligations without getting further behind
• Responsible for all checks received making sure they are dispersed in a timely manner
• Negotiate payments and settlements with attorneys
• Keeping close relations with outside resources
• Maintain and operate the electronic health records and billing system
• Check coverage, bill and resolve discrepancies with insurance companies.
• Increased amount collected from insurance companies and Personal Injury cases to an all-time high, within three moths of joining office.
- Insurance Administrator at Newlin Chiropractic
- Medical Office Specialist at Gulf Coast Pain Institute
- Chiropractic Assistant - Team Lead at
- Chiropractic Assistant at Newlin Chiropractic
10 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Answer phones, Check patients in and out. Strong customer service. Handle all insurance benefits and insurance verifications. Inform patients of their insurance benefits and go over treatment plan. Post all charges and payments to accounts. Follow up on outstanding insurance claims and send appeals as needed. Answer all patient calls regarding their account.
- Insurance Administrator at ACCOUNTS RECIVABLE, CALIFORNIA CENTER FOR REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
- INSURANCE ADMINISTRATOR at GEORGE SANDERS, M.D
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- - MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & CODING
-Analyze monthly billing reports and outstanding account balances -Communicate directly with clinical employees to correct/resolve billing software processes -Manage Insurance Director's calendar, emails, and voicemail inbox -Review monthly report, compiles results, and designs presentation layout -Track and order insurance department inventory -Maintain and scan confidential office files -File correct documentation for new provider/expired provider credentials -Review and resolve insurance claim denials, underpayments, and refunds -Review mail correspondences and deposit insurance payments
- Insurance Administrator at Cool Springs Eyecare, PLLC
- DaVita ROPS Internship Coordinator at DaVita Kidney Care
- Patient Account Specialist II at DaVita Kidney Care
11 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Healthcare Administration and Planning
• Assist customers with applying for payday and title loans in person and over the phone
• Collect past due payments and use bank information to collect payments
• Evaluate vehicles, check current insurance, and update customers' personal information
• Handle 60+ calls daily to set up customers with insurance options
• Complete data entry and other administrative tasks through Infinity software system, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Insurance Administrator at Start of Texas
- Leasing Agent at DTI Investments
- Office Manager at Liberty Tax Service
- at Amco Insurance
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma