Field Adjuster for Midstate insurance agency Claims and Catastrophe division, Met all clients in a timely manner to assess and estimate all possible damage.
- Insurance Claims Adjuster at Midstate Insurance Agency
- Property Inspector at MadSky Roofing and Restoration
- Senior Estimator / Damage Assessment at MasterCraft Exteriors
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Licensed Claims Adjuster responsible for adjusting Workers Compensation Claims for Occupational Diseases.
Conduct extensive investigation into coverage, liability and valuation of claims. Exercise independent judgment and discretion in determining liability and total value of claims. Make recommendations regarding coverage of claims and utilize outside experts and counsel when necessary.
• Thoroughly investigate workers' compensation claims by contacting injured workers, medical providers, and employer representatives
• Determine if claims are valid under applicable workers' comp statutes
• Reading and applying insurance polices
• Communicate with medical providers to develop and authorize appropriate treatment plans
• Review and analyze medical bills to confirm charges and treatment are injury-related and in accordance with the treatment plan
• Ensure payments for medical bills and income replacement are remitted on a timely basis in accordance with applicable fee schedules and statutes
• Assist in estimating appropriate reserves for each claim
• Provide information as needed for litigation or settlement negotiation Accomplishments
• Completed Adjuster Course and Exam
• Licensed in West Virginia as a Company Adjuster
• Licensed in Kentucky as a Staff Adjuster for Workers Compensation
• Can be licensed in any reciprocity state
- Licensed Insurance Claims Adjuster at Old Republic Insurance Company
- Inside & Outside Business to Business (B2B) and Retail to Business (R2B) Solution Specialist at Verizon Wireless
- Financial Correspondent Analyst at Highmark / Novitas Solutions
10 months at this Job
- Licensed - Insurance
- Bachelors of Science in Business - Business
Western General Coverage Claims Adjuster Investigate, analyze, and determine the extent of insurance company's liability concerning personal, casualty, or property loss or damages, and attempt to effect settlement with claimants. Correspond with or interview medical specialists, agents, witnesses, or claimants to compile information. Calculate benefit payments and approve payment of claims within a certain monetary limit. Analyze information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations. Collect evidence to support contested claims in court. Communicate with former associates to verify employment record and to obtain background information regarding persons or businesses applying for credit. Analyzes and reviews insurance claims for accuracy, completeness, and eligibility. Reviews claims for eligibility to be reimbursed. Maintains updated records and prepares required documentation. Assists in controlling the cost of processing claims. Contacts policyholders about claims and may provide information regarding the amount of benefits
- Auto Insurance Claims Adjuster at Western General Insurance Company
- Insurance Claims Examiner at Tripmate Inc
- Deli Associate at Price Chopper
- Claims Support Technician at AIG
3 months at this Job
- - Finance
- College Prep
Insurance Claims Adjuster - Verify 1st / 3rd party claims, verify coverage; bill 3rd party bodily injury claims, 1st party BI / PIP Claims, Submit patient’s signed AOP, attach UCC Liens for direct pay. Negotiate with insurance adjusters / attorneys / patients. Submit discharged medical records; complete affidavits for Attorneys, Defense Attorneys, Billing Agency.. Verify Workman Comp Claims; Bill Workman Comp claims with medical records within the 95 days initial submission. Bill Major Medical Claims; resolve under pays,
- Billing Manager / Insurance Claims Adjuster at Cy-Fair Healthcare Associates
- Medical Billing / Medical Collections at GHIPA
- Patient Account Representative at TLRA
- Medicaid Reclamation Specialist at Benefit Recovery
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Business Administration
* Investigated claims against insurance for personal, casualty, property loss and damages. * Channeled new and continuing claims for payment, investigation and/or denial creating savings for the company whenever possible, while handling over 180 regular claim logs. * Received and acted on calls from creditors & policyholders, regarding claim status. * Examined claim form and other records to determine insurance coverage. * Interviewed, telephoned, and corresponded with claimant. * Inspected property damage during hail storms as well as Hurricanes to determine extent of company's liability, varying method of investigation according to type of insurance. * Prepared report of findings and negotiated with claimant. * Worked as a Desk Adjuster during Hurricane Irma, and Michael claims for Olympus Insurance by supporting insurance claims activity and to assist in the resolution of all types of claim related inquiries by reviewing open/closed and supplemental claims. Obtained authorization for reserves and maintained claim diaries. Nurse Assistant/Marketing/Insurance/Medical Billing Specialist
- Independent Insurance Claims Adjuster at Allcat Claims
- at North Texas Medical Center
9 months at this Job
- Associate of Art - Art
Coding medical history to determine pre-existing conditions. Processing insurance claims.
- Insurance Claims Adjuster at Embrace Pet Insurance
- Registered Veterinary Technician at MedVet Medical & Cancer Center for Pets
- Registered Veterinary Technician at Banfield Pet Hospital
- Registered Veterinary Technician at Angels for Animals
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science - Veterinary Technology
As an insurance claims adjuster, I handle inbound and outbound calls from policyholders, attorneys, claimants, repair shops, medical providers, and other insurance providers. My area of expertise relates to handling auto and property damage claims from the initial reporting phase to completion in undisputed liability losses. My job consists of daily customer service and interactions via telephone, reaching out to interested parties during the claim investigation, assisting in recovering funds for the company and customers from the at fault party, and maintaining a daily diary outlining schedule activities to be completed. My position requires me to provide professional, empathetic customer service while also abiding by all company policies and legal standards. I have consistently met all goals assigned to me by my superiors, with no core metrics being below average. In September of 2018, I was chosen as Employee of the Month for Region 2 due to my overall performance rating for the month. I was scored a 4.98 out of 5.00, the highest in the region. I have consistently been chosen to be apart of flagship teams when new methods, procedures, or responsibilities are added. I have been crossed trained to directly handle customer complaints submitted through social media as well as being trained and licensed to handle claims from other regions.
- Insurance Claims Adjuster at Government Employees Insurance Company
- Independent Consultant at Multiple Companies
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Prime Healthcare Services
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Superior Care Home
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Business Administration
- Certificate - Accounting
- Associate of Arts - Business
- Certificate - Nursing Assistant Skills
Partner/assistant insurance adjuster while working for Mid-America Catastrophe Services.
• Scheduled appointments.
• Assisted in the handling of daily water, fire, wind, hail, and vandalism claims received in territory conducting a prompt, thorough and fair investigation by obtaining relevant facts to determine coverage, origin, and extent of loss. Also handling of theft, vandalism, and storm damage claims for bank owned properties.
• Assisted in the handling of catastrophe claim during Hurricane Hermine Inspected loss to determine the extent of damage, best repair method, and documenting all areas of concern. Also preformed re-inspections to confirm damages in attempts to settle claim before going to mediation.
• Prepared sketch and build back repair estimate to bring insured back to pre-loss status.
• Completed claim negotiation process with insured, contractors, public adjusters, and attorneys.
• Utilized Xactimate estimating software and XactAnalysis to provide a complete repair estimate and file documentation.
• Guided insureds through the entire field claims process.
• Worked with engineers and contractors to ensure the rebuilding process was completed within Florida State Building Codes.
• Handled a total of 1,013 property claims.
- Assisant insurance claims adjuster at Dycus Adjusting
- Owner, Daily operations of cleaning services. at Tasha Lynn's Clean Service
- Customer Service Associate at W.W. Grainger Industrial Supply
- Customer Service Associate, Temp at Security Finance and Tax Service
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Florida department of Insurance - Adjuster License 6-20
• Investigate and process Auto insurance claims filed by policyholders
• Interview claimants/witnesses to gather important claims information
• Verified applicable coverages and policy information
• Examine videos, photos, surveillance and statements related to insurance claims
• Multi-task using various systems to help evaluate extent of damage and comparable compensation
• Responsible for issuing payment for Property damage/Comprehensive/Collison related claims Agent Support Team
• Correct system defects that would otherwise be detrimental to CSAA Insurance group as a whole
• Completed auditing processes of our system to insure that we are upholding company standards to our policy holders and Agents
• Provide agent support for Insurance products sold by Sales Agents and Service agents for PAS products
• Multi-task using various systems to help our agents better assist policy holders and also assist Branch and call center agents.
• Insurance Sales Agent
• Selling Auto, Home and other insurance and annuity products to individuals within an assigned territory using consultative sales techniques
• Identifying prospective customers using established lead methodologies for new business
• Counseling and advising prospects and policyholders on matters of insurance coverage that is tailored to their specific situational need
• Participating in various incentive programs and contests designed to drive sales and exceed production goals
• Exceeding sales goals for volume of quality new business quoted and written within company guidelines
• Insurance Service Associate
• Assess existing coverage limits and deductibles and make recommendations to policyholders to ensure adequate asset protection.
• Provides quotes on premium changes for existing insurance policies in the household.
• Endorses policy changes with premium impacts.
• Completes necessary insurance documents (cancellation requests, lien holder statements, loss payee, and request for additional information.
• Responds to and resolves policyholder concerns and inquiries.
• Uses active listening skills to identify opportunities to generate interest in additional insurance products, and self-service payment options, to positively impact policyholder retention.
- Insurance Claims Adjuster at Employment CSAA Insurance Group
- Travel Contact Retail Agent at AAA Mid- Atlantic
- Health Benefits Coordinator at ACS Government Health Care
- Inbound Retention Representative at Cablevision Systems
7 years at this Job
Claims Specialist Assisting insureds with how policy coverages would be applied to specifically presented claims. Identifying and evaluating accidents/incidents where shared liability is present. Taking recorded statements to assist with shared liability investigations and arbitration. Claims Associate Assisting insureds with how policy coverages would be applied to specifically presented claims. Handling claims with repair facilities, insureds, agent offices, and other insurance companies. Training new employees
- Insurance Claims Adjuster at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - English