· Manage up to thirty concurrent insurance defense and coverage related cases for large, nationwide firm, including declaratory judgment actions, first and third-party suits. · Handle cases from inception to disposition, including thorough client-reporting, adjuster communication, and client relations. · Appear in New Jersey and New York state and federal courts, conduct and defend depositions of fact and expert witnesses, and argue dispositive motions in high-exposure losses.
- Insurance Defense Attorney at Lewis, B
- Insurance Defense Associate at Methfessel & Werbel, P.C
- Judicial Law Clerk at Passaic County Family Division
- Assistant Judicial Law Clerk at The Honorable Kimberly Espinales-Maloney
10 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
- Bachelor of Arts - Government and Politics
Represent clients in motion hearings, meet with clients and/or claims professionals to discuss initial stages of the case, take Plaintiff's depositions and Examinations Under Oath. Review and draft pleadings, motions, discovery responses and correspondence to claims professionals. Review and analyze initial file materials which includes, but not limited to: medical records and bills, automobile repair estimates, crash reports, employment records, driving history and background checks.
- Insurance Defense Attorney at O'Hara Law Firm
- Law Clerk at Law Offices of Amy Warpinski, Liberty Mutual Employees
- Law Clerk at The Howell Law Firm
- Fair Housing Department Intern at Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
4 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Law
• Lead subrogation attorney to aggressively pursue, negotiate and resovle subrogation collection.
• Manage over 400 subrogation files and achieved highest dollar recovery amount in my unit, while managing over 50 personal injury suits, including PIP files and EUOs.
• Supervise discovery phase of litigation by determining strategies for depositions, production of documents, and issuances of subpoenas.
• Advise adjusters regarding coverage, legal issues, appropriate action, case progress, and settlement ranges.
- Subrogation and Insurance Defense Attorney at Law Office of Sue Ann Eckell - GEICO
- Assistant City Solicitor, Child Welfare Unit at The City of Philadelphia Law Department
- Staff Attorney at Northwestern Legal Services
- Public Interest Clinical Internship at The City of Philadelphia Law Department
6 months at this Job
- Certificate in Trial Advocacy
I have worked as a litigation trial attorney for over 30 years.I worked both as a Plaintiff and Insurance Defense Attorney in New Jersey the state and federal courts. I practice in the areas of personal injury, professional liability, insurance law, construction defect, property damage and New Jersey worker's compensation. I am an Arbitrator for the Burlington County Superior Court.
- Attorney at Reilly, McDevitt and Henrich,PC
- Attorney at Law at
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- JD - Law
Litigation experience as insurance defense attorney in civil rights, employment law, automobile liability and general tort liability involving substantive due process, procedural due process, wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, failure to accommodate, hostile work environment, harassment, and retaliation under Title VII, ADEA, the New Mexico Human Rights Act, and the New Mexico Whistleblower Protection Act, in addition to litigating claims involving governmental immunity. Handled and managed litigation files from inception through resolution. Determined strategies for depositions, written discovery, production of documents, and issuances of subpoenas and subpoenas duces tecum. Conducted extensive pre-discovery fact investigation and document review. Performed key research on case law and authorities pertinent to each case. Prepared pre-trial motions, pleadings, memorandums, and case analysis to insurers. Propounded and responded to written discovery, took and defended depositions of party witnesses and experts, attended court hearings, negotiated settlements, authored settlement agreements, argued motions, and prepared for trial. Provided detailed case analysis and evaluation discussing key legal and factual issues to clients and claims representatives. Developed and implemented litigation, discovery, settlement, and trial strategies.
- Litigation Attorney at Brown Law Firm/Brown & Gurule, LLC
- Litigation Associate Attorney at Law Offices of Geoffrey R. Romero
- Law Clerk at Law Offices of Geoffrey R. Romero
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- B.A. - Political Science
INTEGON national ins. co.) 1/10 to present -Manage 1500+ caseload from inception to trial; - preparing respondent's conciliation submissions for American Arbitration Association; -conduct trials and daily court and arbitration appearances (Kings, Bronx, Queens, Nassau & Suffolk); -extensive motion drafting; -Drafting Appellate briefs and performing legal research; Senior Litigation Attorney * LAW OFFICES OF KAREN C. DODSON, TRAVELERS INSURANCE CO., STAFF COUNSEL, New York, NY -Arbitration Unit Coordinator, which included overseeing all arbitrations in the office and provided assistance to other attorneys, as well as acted as liaison between insurance company and American Arbitration Association; -Conducted trials and made daily court appearances -Drafted pleadings and motions; -Organized and performed training sessions for claims department and junior attorneys; -Assisted in investigating fraud claims and fraudulent medical providers. 4/06 to 1/10
- Senior Litigation Attorney at Law Offices of Moira A. Doherty
- Litigation Associate at ARMIENTI, DEBELLIS & WHITEN, LLP
- Insurance Defense Attorney at ARMIENTI, DEBELLIS & WHITEN, LLP
9 years at this Job
- B.A. - Political science / International Studies
• Trained a previous Insurance Defense Attorney. ◦ Assist with learning process of Juvenile Court System. ◦ Updated/Verified contact information to Child In Need of Care (CINC) petition.
• Trained 3rd year LSU Law Intern Student in Juvenile Court System.
• Assisted ADA: ◦ Data input of defendant's information. ◦ Prepared witness lists and assist ADA with all matters relating to witnesses.
• Trained student workers.
• Assistant to ADA.
• Proficient in Parish computer network, JustWare.
• Performed administrative secretarial and receptionists duties. ◦ Answer multi-line phone system.
• Assisted parents with all court matters.
• Attend court and prepare court documents.
• Send out dockets to all relevant persons of court.
• File court dockets with JUV Clerk.
• Draft and Prepare Juvenile Petitions
• Performed all administrative duties associated with all DCFS cases.
• Maintained liason with local and state criminal justice agencies
• Performed bookkeeping and accounting function in all juvenile traffic matters.
• Prepared discovery for defense attorneys. ◦ Information and documents
• Created yearly calendar with three judge's Monroe City Judges.
• Draft and Prepare Juvenile Petitions
• Make payment arrangements for fines, court costs, and diversion
- Court Coordinator at Robert S. Tew
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
Represent private client caseload of 15 complex labor law cases with a firm focused on New York State labor law, insurance, general liability, and civil litigation matters. Manage a team of two. Compile and establish detailed legal briefs, motions, and complex settlement agreements. Served as liaison among clients, opposing attorneys, and industry experts to achieve client goals. * Successfully negotiate complex $1M+ settlements; and conduct due diligence background searches in ownership, property records, and liaising with city agencies. * Partner with colleagues and insurance adjusters on litigation and coverage issues. * Masterfully conduct depositions and non-binding mediations.
- Attorney at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP
- Attorney at Ahmuty Demers & McManus
- Associate, Law Clerk at Schram Graber & Opell P.C
8 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Political Science
Currently serving as plaintiff's personal injury attorney and civil litigation counsel for individuals and business entities. Successfully prosecuting numerous types of personal injury pre-litigation matters as well as trials and private arbitrations with skill in all areas of pre-trial discovery, depositions, motions, mediations, arbitrations and trials for breach of contract actions, plaintiff oriented automobile accidents, trucking accidents, wrongful deaths, zip-line accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, premises liability, DUI/DWI accidents, tour bus accidents, products liability and some workplace accidents. Recently completed representing a Washington corporation in private binding confidential arbitration against one of the top U.S. banking institutions.
- Pre-Litigation Attorney / Trial Attorney at Wright Attorneys, PLLC
- Senior Trial Attorney at Craig Swapp & Associates
- Pre-Litigation Attorney / Trial Attorney and Litigation Supervisor at Craig Swapp & Associates
- Litigation Attorney and Corporate Counsel at Wright Attorneys, PLLC
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Communications
- Juris Doctorate
Represent various individuals and business entities in trademark, copyright and patent litigation. Appear for and argue persuasively at motion hearings, including motions to compel, evidentiary hearings and dispositive motions hearings. Draft successful dispositive motions such as motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment in cases involving copyright and trademark infringement. Draft coverage letters and litigate insurance coverage matters. Provide advice to small businesses regarding protection of their intellectual property rights as well as rebranding and domain name disputes.
- Litigation Attorney at Overhauser Law Offices
- Senior Insurance Defense Attorney at Kopka Pinkus Dolin
- Field Legal Insurance Defense Litigation at Liberty Mutual
- Workers Compensation Attorney at Lee & Kinder
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- JD - Law
- BA - Philosophy