• Staff Attorney II
• As an In-house attorney, I handled a high complex caseload: involving the full gambit of Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits suits and defenses.
• Specifically, I handled SIU, Fraud, Material Misrepresentation, Properly Paid, and Coverage and Qualification issues.
• I helped identify special projects and would help develop litigation strategies: including researching and creating form pleadings.
• I assisted in the training of other attorneys, law clerks and paralegals.
• Aside from a heavy calendar, deposition and summary judgment practice, I also assisted with identifying and assisting appellate counsels with our appellate issues.
• Lastly, I have dealt successfully with high litigation opposing counsels and countless fee hearings
- PIP Insurance Defense Attorney at Windhaven Insurance Co
- PIP Insurance Defense Attorney at Law Offices of Julie Lewis Hauf, Esq
- PIP Insurance Defense Attorney at Michael Rosenberg, Esq
- at FACTS
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Health & Law Society Spring
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Studies - Communication Studies
Defend lawsuits against GEICO insureds and UM/UIM arbitrations against GEICO. Research laws and prepare legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda. Render opinions on liability damages and value as requested by the Claims Department. Prepare and handle pleadings, motions, and discovery, to include depositions and examinations before trial and examinations under oath. Defend by trial, arbitration or mediation all matters assigned, as applicable.
- Insurance Defense Attorney/Staff Counsel at Law Office of Timothy J. O'Shea
- Hire Counsel at
- Certified Law Clerk at Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Samuel K. Feng at Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
for Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, September 2007-Present Handle no-fault, UM/SUM, and property damage cases from inception to trial. Review files and develop litigation strategy with claim client. Conduct trials; argue motions, attend discovery hearings and similar proceedings in court. Attend and conduct EUO hearings and report to claims and SIU. Research the law applicable to cases; draft legal documents, motions, briefs, and opinions to the client if required. Advise and communicate and personally meet with claims representatives as required. Attend depositions, appear in court for discovery conferences, and other matters for BI cases.
- In House-Insurance Defense Attorney at Correia, King, Fodera, McGinnis & Liferiedge
- In House-Insurance Defense Attorney at Karen C. Dodson, Esq
- In House-Insurance Defense Attorney at Jaffe & Nohavicka Esqs
- Social Security Disability Attorney at Lava, Levine & Lava
11 years, 6 months at this Job
- J.D. - Admitted to practice
Litigation experience as insurance defense attorney in civil rights, employment law, automobile liability and general tort liability involving substantive due process, procedural due process, wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, failure to accommodate, hostile work environment, harassment, and retaliation under Title VII, ADEA, the New Mexico Human Rights Act, and the New Mexico Whistleblower Protection Act, in addition to litigating claims involving governmental immunity. Handled and managed litigation files from inception through resolution. Determined strategies for depositions, written discovery, production of documents, and issuances of subpoenas and subpoenas duces tecum. Conducted extensive pre-discovery fact investigation and document review. Performed key research on case law and authorities pertinent to each case. Prepared pre-trial motions, pleadings, memorandums, and case analysis to insurers. Propounded and responded to written discovery, took and defended depositions of party witnesses and experts, attended court hearings, negotiated settlements, authored settlement agreements, argued motions, and prepared for trial. Provided detailed case analysis and evaluation discussing key legal and factual issues to clients and claims representatives. Developed and implemented litigation, discovery, settlement, and trial strategies.
- Litigation Attorney at Brown Law Firm/Brown & Gurule, LLC
- Litigation Associate Attorney at Law Offices of Geoffrey R. Romero
- Law Clerk at Law Offices of Geoffrey R. Romero
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- B.A. - Political Science
• Insurance defense attorney specializing in Personal Injury Protection (PIP) litigation.
• Responsible for handling cases from beginning to end, including the preparation of legal pleadings and motions, conducting depositions, engaging in settlement negotiations, and attending hearings and trial.
• Prepared for and attended multiple civil hearings including hearings on Motions to Compel, Motions for Summary Judgment, and Motions to Dismiss.
- Associate Attorney at Herssein Law Group
- Assistant District Attorney - Trial Bureau (Felony) at Office of the District Attorney, Bronx County, NY
- Law Clerk at O'Hara, O'Connell & Ciotoli
- Student Attorney at Syracuse University Criminal Defense Clinic
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- J.D. Cum Laude
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
Equity Member: 50 attorney civil litigation law firm. Experience includes: personal injury; worker's compensation; federal criminal defense; L-Tryptophan and Gammaguard multi- district litigation; Section 1983 Civil Rights litigation; Federal Employer's Liability Act defense; Title VII Employment Discrimination; products liability; commercial litigation; class actions and insurance defense.
- Attorney at Burch, Porter & Johnson, PLLC
- Western Division of Tennessee, Judicial Law Clerk to Honorable Jerome Turner at United Stated District Court
- Research Assistant to Law Professor Barbara at Memphis State University
- Assistant Buyer at Service Merchandise
29 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- Masters of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Represent clients in the areas of general litigation, probate administration and litigation, criminal defense, and criminal and civil appeals.
- Attorney at Nee Law Firm, LLC
- Brief Advice Attorney at Scranton Road Legal Clinic
- attorney at Prugh Law, LLC
- Brief Advice and Pro Bono Volunteer at Scranton Road Legal Clinic
1 year at this Job
06103 Legal Assistant position working for three construction litigation partners, a plaintiff's litigation and military law attorney and an insurance defense attorney. Responsibilities include communicating with clients and outside counsel via telephone, email and in person; handling of extremely confidential information; revising complicated documents, pleadings and contracts; organization and maintenance of file materials/creation of appropriate subfiles; preparation and transmission of legal pleadings to state and federal courts; assisting in trial preparation; inputting of time for billing purposes; complete expense reports; coordination of incoming and outgoing correspondence and mail; answering and screening of incoming calls; maintenance of incoming/outgoing electronic messages with attachments; maintaining index of pleading files; court and traveling schedule; heavy calendar management; coordinate and arrange meetings and conference calls; maintaining "diaries"; provide switchboard/front desk/secretarial coverage on as-needed basis; interacting with all levels of internal management and staff as well as clients and vendors; proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Legal Assistant at Halloran & Sage LLP
- Realtor at William Raveis Real Estate
- Legal Assistant at Gordon, Muir and Foley, LLP
- Secretary at Town of South Windsor
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - conjunction
Managing Attorney for the Orange County office of an international law firm. Opened the office, hired, trained, mentored, evaluated and supervised attorneys and staff. Practiced in the firm's Litigation Management Group as national litigation counsel for a Fortune 10 pharmacy chain in the defense of liability actions (wrongful death, medical malpractice, premises liability, commercial auto, construction defect, professional liability, product liability, defamation, anti-SLAPP, MDL, dram shop, coverage issues, intentional torts). Office was responsible for the defense of West Coast litigation. Personally litigated CA cases and managed outside counsel in AZ, NV, NM and HI from pleadings through trial and appeal. Prepared budgets, developed overall defense strategy and determined valuation of cases. Researched and retained outside counsel in non-CA states. Monitored the scope and quality of outside counsel's work and ensured budgetary adherence. Performed pre-suit investigations of occurrences that could yield potential high exposure claims or litigation. Met and engaged with client's upper management to provide analysis on the highest risk and complex cases. Represented clients in regulatory matters. Responded to numerous subpoenas. Defended a Fortune 30 bank in employment matters in CA, including gender and age discrimination, wrongful termination and defamation suits.
- Managing Attorney and Counsel at Locke Lord LLP (formerly Edwards Wildman LLP and Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP)
- Counsel at Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP (formerly Edwards & Angell LLP)
- Associate at Griffin & Goulka LLC
8 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English
10. Attorney Resume
• Part of the Medical Malpractice Group
• Draft reports and memorandas for clients
• Propound and respond to written discovery
• Review and analyze medical records
• Interview witnesses and counsel clients
• Attend court hearings and conferences
- Attorney at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Attorney 1 at GEICO
- Principal at LAW OFFICES OF JACKLYN J. KIM
- Contract Attorney at LAW OFFICES OF BENJAMIN KOO & ASSOCIATES
2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Science - Social Science