Commercial Residential Insurance Underwriter. Built a commercial residential admitted insurance carrier from the ground up. I am currently the lead underwriter for the company.
- Commercial Insurance Underwriter at American Platinum Property & Casualty Insurance Company
- Commercial Insurance Agent at Plastridge Insurance
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Insurance underwriter for over 20 years in both Commercial and Personal lines. Have a Accident and Health Property & Casualty and Allied lines license, obtained Associates in Commercial Underwriting, Associates in Personal Insurance, Certificate in General Insurance, CISR designation. Selected as underwriter of the year from Insurance Alliance of PA. I have managed over $15M in written premiums for over 20 independent agents. I also manage the each agency regarding production, quality of work and negotiations with the submission of work and products.
- Insurance Underwriter at Penn National Insurance
31 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Sociology
Field Underwriter for 32 insurance companies. Assist clients with finding insurance plans that fit their budget and meet their needs.
- Insurance Underwriter at Life Insurance
- Administrative Assistant at Rockbox Theatre
- Comfort Chiropractor at Front office/scheduling
- scheduler, front office coordinator, admin at Spine and Pain Center
3 years at this Job
- - Real Estate
• Licensed Title Insurance Underwriter in North Carolina
• Communicate in a professional, courteous, pleasant and personal manner with clients and other employees on the telephone and in personal interactions.
• Strengthen customer relationships by acting as a knowledgeable resource.
• Proficiently understand company software to communicate and guide the customer through its proper application.
• Understand and recognize potential industry risks.
• Communicate regularly with Regional Manager and Office Manager regarding work volumes, customer issues and obstacles impacting production and quality
- Title Insurance Underwriter at Investors Title Insurance Company
- Digital Media Sales Consultant at Hearst Media Services
- Marketing Representative at Southeastern Title Center, LLC
- Elementary School Teacher at Cumberland County, NC Board of Education
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Human Development and Learning
3 years experience of Commercial insurance underwriter. Write and handle new businesses, renewals, issuing of cois, audits, appeals of audit, submit claims. Also, 3 years of health insurance underwriter experience (Covered CA individual and small group)
- Commercial Insurance Underwriter at Insurance Land
- Test performer, billing coordinator at Serrano Eye Center
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Spanish
Ghana. Evaluated insurance policies, assessing risks and premiums utilizing various models Compiled data from an Oracle database in assessing various insurance parameters Calculated results for suitable premiums utilizing personal judgment and customer information. Worked closely with brokers and the department head to deliver feasible solutions to clients Collaborated with peers to develop insurance prospecting initiatives in the local branch boosting performance Reviewed new and renewal business requests in order to determine insurability based on corporate guidelines and standards
- Insurance Underwriter at SIC Insurance Company Ltd
1 year at this Job
- - M.S.Financial Mathematics
- B.Sc(Hons) - Actuarial Science
• Evaluate the risk and exposures of potential clients.
• Decide how much coverage the client should receive, how much they should pay for it, or whether even to accept the risk and insure them.
• Adhere to the underwriting guidelines to help determine whether or not the company should accept the risk.
• Daily responsibilities include but not limited to, receiving morning and afternoon reports to assign cases to other underwriters
• Log new or existing cases for a underwriter quote or a requote for insurance.
• The ability to read and decipher the information companies send over on their Census. So that I can inform the underwriter working the case; how many are eligible, the number of full time employees, if there are any families who waive insurance, or the number of employees to enroll.
- Insurance Underwriter at AETNA
- Customer Service Representative at ATL311- City of Atlanta
- Customer Service Supervisor at Landmann-USA
- Customer Account Specialist at Landmann-USA
3 months at this Job
- Associate of Science degree
● Analyzed insurance risk on newly issued, and renewing policies.
● Reviewed new policies to ensure that Sales Representatives are in accordance with basic underwriting guidelines. Provided coaching when they were not.
● Answered policy questions for Customers, as well as Sales and Service Representatives.
● Obtained 2-20 General Lines License (Property, Casualty, Surety, Marine, Health and Miscellaneous Lines).
● Received Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification. Participated in numerous projects to improve processes, and efficiency.
● Began as an Underwriter Trainee, promoted to Assistant Underwriter, and then Underwriter. I have also performed the duties of both Sales, and Service Representatives.
- Marine Insurance Underwriter at GEICO Marine Insurance
- Quality Submission Review Specialist, and Loan Processing Assistant at PHH Mortgage Temporary through Contemporary Staffing), Jacksonville, FL
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Philadelphia, PA October - 2011 - November 2018
One of the largest private insurers of US residential mortgages; provides mortgage and real estate services.
Mortgage Insurance Underwriter - Remote
Recruited to underwrite full-package mortgage insurance submissions from approved loan originators to FNMA, FHLMC and Radian mortgage insurance standards. Approval authority of $1M.
• Maintained daily productivity goals of 7+ new loans with a 4 hour turn time. Reviewed and cleared conditions / resubmissions within 1 hour of receipt.
• Annual productivity exceeded $100 million in revenue with zero Material errors from monthly Quality Assurance audits.
• Evaluated mortgage Insurance applications for risk and investor compliance.
• Underwrote and evaluated residential mortgage applications per program guidelines and AUS System.
• Analyzed income, credit reports, financial statements and appraisals.
• Approved or rejected residential loans and communicated loan decisions within 4-hour time frame.
• Ensured data integrity followed Radian Guaranty specifications and complied with investor guidelines.
- Mortgage Insurance Underwriter at RADIAN GUARANTY, INC
- Mortgage Insurance Underwriter at PMI MORTGAGE INSURANCE COMPANY
- Mortgage Underwriting Consultant at FANNIE MAE
- Mortgage Underwriter at MORTGAGE DYNAMICS
7 years, 1 month at this Job
- - Business Management
- Diploma - Computer Fundamentals / Science
- Diploma - Real Estate Laws and Practices
- Diploma - Residential Mortgage Lending
customer service Duties: -Analyze information in insurance applications -Determine the risk of insuring a client - Answered customer phone calls answering questions and offering services - Collected and updated customers information to ensure coverage was correct - Assisted customers in making payments - Entered customer service notes into customer files after any contact for future reference
- Insurance underwriter at Confie Insurance Services
- Collections Specialist at American Municipal Services
- Sales rep at Texas Marble And Granite
- Front desk receptionist at Flower Mound Women's Care
3 years, 2 months at this Job