Insurance verification specialist. Inpatient/Outpatient precertification. PA forms. Customer service.
- Insurance Verification Specialist at Parkview Health
- Payroll Associate/Medical Billing at Extended Care Specialists
- Claims Processor/Customer Service Representative at Aetna Insurance Company
- Collections Specialist at Stucky, Lauer, & Young, LLP
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Management
I am a creative thinker seeking to utilize my respectable skill set in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Insurance Verification Specialist, Southeast Dermatology - 2016-Present Verification of insurance and benefits for office visits, on-site surgery, diagnostic labs, Mohs surgery, and Xtrac laser, including necessary referrals, authorizations, scheduling, and various front desk duties.
- Insurance Verification Specialist at Southeast Dermatology
- Insurance Verification Specialist at Aquatic Care Programs
- Chiropractic Assistant at Goodale Chiropractic
3 years at this Job
Insurance Verification Specialist
• Provides data entry, responsible for pre-verification of insurance, coordinate with referral source, verifies eligibility of members, makes writer and/or verbal inquires to third party payers to verify insurance status, perform various clerical task to expedite the verification process, verifies eligibility of members, and determines member benefit coverage.
- Insurance Verification Specialist at Benefit Recovery
- Medical Coding and Billing at Elite Health Services
- Building Attendant at M D Anderson Cancer Center
- Custodian at Burnett Specialist
4 months at this Job
- Certifaction - Medical Billing & Coding-Health Information Technology
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
The insurance verification specialist is responsible for performing the appropriate procedures to verify patient eligibility, coordinate benefits, run test claims, as well as live claims and determine patient coverage/responsibility for services and testing and implementation of new plan business. Contact insurance companies to obtain insurance benefit info. De-escalate calls from patients and/or doctors offices. Obtain patients insurance information including copay information. Including PBM, Medical Insurance, Medicare B, Medicaid &Fertility.
- Insurance Verification Specialist at Alliance RX WalGreens-Prime Specialty Pharmacy
- ILR-Claims Associate at State Farm
- Prior Authorization Rep at Express Scripts
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- High School Diploma
Insurance Verification Specialist 1.Verify patients’ eligibility and benefits coverage for Physical Therapy. 2. Follow Medicare and Commercial insurance guidelines for verification purposes. 3. Workers Compensation verification for Physical Therapy. 4. Submit C4 and MG2 form and follow up with adjusters, attorneys, and the workers compensation board. Practice Office Associate- Administration 1.Collect/compile enrollment information from patients. 2. Answer and expedite all incoming calls to appropriate personnel. 3. Organized front desk task and maintain patient confidentiality. 4. Responsible for ensuring medical accuracy, collecting copay and deductibles. 5. Assist supervisor on training new incoming employees on office procedures, policies and protocols.
- Practice Associate / Insurance Verification Specialist at Orlin and Cohen Medical Specialist Group -Northwell Health
- Front Desk Membership Representative / Assistant Manager at Planet Fitness
- Y Specialist/After School Counselor / Day Camp Administrator at YMCA of Greater New York
- Advocacy Intern at Planned Parenthood RESTORE
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Public Administration
- Bachelor's - Social Work
As an insurance verification specialist I verify insurance on all upcoming appointments including but not limited to surgery, medical office visits and authorization for some pharmacies by verifying eligibility and benefits. I work in a fast paced office setting similar to a patient access center.
- Insurance Verification Specialist at Baylor Scott & White Health
- Patient Service Representative/ Financial Counselor at Texas Pain Physicians
- PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II at BAYSTATE HEALTH SYSTEMS
2 months at this Job
- - General Studies
- - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Certificate in Medical Assistant/ Medical Billing and Coding - Medical Assistant
Verification of all major medical insurance as well as Workers Comp, and MVA. Knowledge of insurance plans.
- Insurance Verification Specialist at Verification
- Drug Screen Processor at Drugscan
- Medical billing/Insurance Verification Specialist at Edison Comprehensive Medical Care
- Office Manager at Innovative Pain Care Center
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Word Processing
The insurance verification specialist for this company is responsible for verifying customers healthcare insurance in a timely and accurate fashion. The Customer service reps enter a "ticket" into the CPR+ computer program and from there we check what we have logged into our system listed for their insurance coverage. Whether that be Medicare, MaineCare or some sort of commercial plan. We check to see what the patient is getting for items or equipment. That can be any sort of need the patient has such as walkers, oxygen, cpap machines or supplies etc. Depending on the ticket, we verify the insurance coverage via the company's website to check the effective date, the percentage amount of coverage for the plan and any accumulations met towards the deductible and out of pocket amounts for the persons specific plan. For many tickets, we are required to call and speak with a customer service rep with the insurance to verify billing history so patient does not exceed their limits for certain items. After verifying the insurance, we give an estimated amount due for the patients cost or monthly rental fee. Each ticket varies as far as insurance coverage and plans. There are lots of codes and limitations to remember and also each website navigates differently. We individually average between 25 to 40 tickets a day depending on the criteria of the ticket.
- Insurance Verification Specialist at Kennebec Pharmacy & Home Care
- Security Guard at Sharp Response Security
- Cash Logistics Processor at Brinks, Incorporated
- Certified Teller at Maine State Credit Union
11 months at this Job
Richmond, VA I am currently employed full time at the business office of Virginia Women's Center. I have been with this company since April 2014. I was hired as an Insurance Verification Specialist and am currently working as a Patient Accounts Specialist. My duties in insurance verification included, assisting staff from around the office regarding insurance eligibility, and Medicaid verification. In this position I was responsible for obtaining authorizations and benefits for various procedures. As a Patient Accounts Specialist, I take inbound calls from staff regarding patient balances and I now explain insurance benefits to patients. I work daily collection reports, collecting past due balances and setting up payment plans with patients. Since being employed with Virginia Women's Center, my knowledge on medical billing has expanded vastly. Obtaining and explaining benefits from insurance companies to patients has become something I am very comfortable with. I have learned how to provide excellent customer care to patients working with collections. I have increased my usage of Microsoft programs and am fully trained in using EMR. Leah Lipscomb - 804-662-6060 Massage Envy Spa - Short Pump, VA. I am currently employed part time at Massage Envy Spa as a full time sales associate. My duties include running and managing the front desk, organizing medical files, making outgoing phone calls, answering incoming calls, scheduling appointments, tending to suspended accounts (collections), and managing and selling memberships. As a sales associate at Massage Envy, I have learned how to multi task. Working in one of the most high volume clinics in the country has helped me learn to prioritize and complete my daily responsibilities while also using my sales experience to encourage clients to incorporate massage therapy into their monthly routine. Jennifer Garcia (804) 612-0540 Sweet Spot - Glen Allen, VA. I worked part time at a candy shop/soda bar in the Short Pump area. I worked Friday's as a sales associate, providing excellent customer service, knowledge on products, and running the cash register. On the weekends I was a party leader. I was responsible for hosting parties of all kinds but mainly children's birthday parties. I lead the guests in playing candy games, and other various party activities. Working at Sweet Spot taught me independence. As I worked all my shifts by myself, I learned how to handle customer objections in a polite and professional manor. I learned to provide outstanding customer service while managing all of the stores daily tasks diligently. Sarah Solomon (804) 539-9354 Nannying - Glen Allen, VA. I worked part time as a nanny for two wonderful children ages five and six. I was responsible for getting them from the bus, taking them to and from activities, providing meals and assisting with homework. As a nanny I learned patience and time management. I learned to set an example and implement ways to encourage the children to follow. Working with children taught me to examine situations from all different angles, and how to problem solve fairly and efficiently. Heather French (804) 714-4807
- Insurance Verification Specialist at Virginia Women's Center
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Early Childhood Development
At Walgreens Prime Strategic Alliance (WPSA) the Insurance Verification Specialist is responsible for verifying patient eligibility and benefits. This position is responsible for collecting insurance information via multiple methods, runs test claims and completes administrative duties. Expert in systems software development and job functionalities for the insurance verification department.
- Senior Insurance Verification Specialist at AllianceRx Walgreens + Prime
- Patient Case Coordinator at AmerisourceBergen
- Customer Care Rep II at AmerisourceBergen
- Pharmacy Benefits Manager at Optum Executive Health Resources
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Associate in Science & Nursing (ASN)
- High School Diploma - General Studies