Experience in all aspects of intellectual property and litigation.
Experience in all aspects of intellectual property and litigation.
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at Schaeffler Group
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at Ballard Spahr LLP
- Office Administrator/Paralegal at Warn Partners, P.C
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at Ingrassia Fisher & Lorenz, P.C
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certificate - Intellectual Property Law
Served in multiple roles in the IP Department as described below, but most importantly
served as department's primary point-of-contact, corresponding with and maintaining
excellent relationships with domestic and foreign agents, corporate business units, and department coworkers to ensure smooth and efficient operations at all times. Key access
person responsible for annuity docket and payment for patents throughout the world.
Reviewed patent family files for examination reports and prior art citations issued in the U.S. and foreign patent offices. Prepared and filed Supplemental Information Disclosure
Statements based on examination reports issued in foreign counterparts and/or provided
foreign agents with results of same. Maintained U.S. deposit account and PKI certificates.
• Docketing specialist - Reviewed and prioritized incoming mail; established and docketed due dates; accurately maintained patent and trademark databases for integrity; generated dockets; constructed and generated reports as requested by attorneys and business units.
• Foreign filing specialist - Prepared and filed patent applications under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) using PCT-Safe software through the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office website's EFS-Web as well as non-PCT contracting states and filed national phase applications in countries designated by business units. Made recommendations and obtained authorizations for foreign filing patent applications.
• Trademark specialist - Performed trademark searches using TESS and/or SAEGIS from Thomson Reuters and provided opinions on trademark availability to business units; prepared and filed new trademark applications worldwide and renewed existing registrations; prepared responses and documents required in response to trademark office actions worldwide; reviewed watch notices for trademark infringement; assisted outside counsel in trademark infringement proceedings.
• Legal assistant/generalist - Assisted in due diligence for divestures, acquisitions, name changes, and other assignment matters relating to intellectual property. Researched patent & trademark laws throughout the world to maintain knowledge of law changes which could impact the business. Trained several Administrative Assistants on domestic patent procedures including documentation required for U.S. patent prosecution, electronic filing in USPTO website's EFS-Web and EPAS, and maintaining patent files. Created a Manual for Administrative Assistants on these and all Standard Operating Procedures. -1- 5112 Whitehall Drive / Clifton Heights, PA 19018 [email protected] or 610.608.3462
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at Arkema Inc
- Legal Assistant at Dann Dorfman Herrell & Skillman, PC
- Legal Assistant - Biotechnology at Panitch Schwarze Jacobs & Nadel, LLP
- Docketing Specialist - Docket Department at Woodcock Washburn Kurtz Mackiewicz & Norris, LLP
17 years at this Job
• Maintain domestic and foreign trademark portfolios for several corporate clients.
• File and monitor U.S. trademark applications and renewals.
• Coordinate international trademark filings with foreign associates.
• Review product packaging for proper trademark usage.
• Draft and file U.S. trademark oppositions.
• Prepare responses to U.S. office actions.
• Conduct trademark searches.
• File patent applications and pay maintenance fees.
• Maintain firm trademark docket.
• File U.S. copyright applications.
• Prepare agendas for and lead client update calls.
• Mentor new IP associates.
• Draft sweepstakes rules.
• Led team to evaluate and adopt new trademark docketing software.
• Received Top Gun Award for highest paralegal billable hours for 2016
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at BAKER, DONELSON, BEARMAN
- IP Docketing Specialist at MASCO CORPORATION
- Trademark and Marketing Paralegal at PULTEGROUP, INC
- Intellectual Property Legal Assistant II at DELPHI CORPORATION
6 years, 5 months at this Job
Assist in-house counsel with all matters related to trademarks, including but not limited to: ◼ Filing of trademark registration applications for state, federal, and international registration agencies ◼ Performance of trademark clearance reviews (knock-outs) for state, federal and international uses ◼ Monitoring and renewing of registered trademarks ◼ Identification of instances of trademark infringement and the issuance of cease and desist letters ◼ Assist outside counsel with trademark litigation matters ◼ Identify and recover escheated bank property that has been turned over to state abandoned property agencies ◼ Legal research regarding special projects ◼ Provide legal support to other areas of the bank (e.g., Compliance, Fraud, Operations, etc.) as needed ◼ Reporting regarding applications, enforcement actions, projects, assignments, and other matters of concern ◼ Position Highlight: Recovered over $250,000 of unclaimed escheated funds Executive Assistant to SVP & Divisional General Counsel ◼ Supported SVP & Divisional General Counsel and five additional VP & Senior Counsel with administrative duties including, but not limited to preparation of legal documents, waiver letters related to Energy/Energy Services, Small Business Banking/Small Business Administration, Private Banking, and Middle Market related matters. ◼ Completed legal Invoicing and addressed related issues ◼ Compiled reporting for annual departmental matrix ◼ Prepared agenda and take notes for departmental meetings ◼ Expense reports, travel arrangements, calendaring ◼ Position Highlight: Received 4 CoStar Awards (Employee Performance/Appreciation Awards which include a bonus)
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at Comerica Bank
- Associate SOP Operations Process Coordinator at CT Corporation
- Legal Assistant/Administrative Assistant at Southwest Securities, Inc
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Diploma - General Studies
o Prepare, format and file patent applications, drawings, amendments and responses to office actions under the supervision and direction of patent agents and attorneys o Handle docketing and document management functions, including inbound, outbound, and internal communications, and proactively ensure that all deadlines are met o Maintain case files and monitor deadlines o Familiarity with USPTO document changes o Prepare responses to pre-examination USPTO office communications o Handle annuity and maintenance fee payments
• Proofread patent applications and amendments
• Maintain accurate electronic records, and ensure integrity of docketing records
o Prepare, format and file patent applications, drawings, amendments and responses to office actions under the supervision and direction of patent agents and attorneys
o Handle docketing and document management functions, including inbound, outbound, and internal
communications, and proactively ensure that all deadlines are met
o Maintain case files and monitor deadlines
o Familiarity with USPTO document changes
o Prepare responses to pre-examination USPTO office communications
o Handle annuity and maintenance fee payments
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at Proactive Patents
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at CNH Industrial America LLC, New Holland, Pennsylvania
- Home Health Aide at
- Farm Intern at Market and Community Supported Agriculture stand
1 year at this Job
- Certificate - Automotive Technology
- Certificate - Paralegal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
• R&D management (re patent work): ◦ Facilitate invention disclosure process of client's two largest North American product lines; track and maintain database of disclosures, clearances, state-of-art searches, opinions, regulatory issues, larger over-arching projects and Gen Plans/Product Development. ◦ Interface with engineers, patent coordinators, R&D managers, US IP counsel, and global IP counsel in processing disclosures, etc. ◦ Expedite US export control review of disclosures. ◦ Expedite search and filing decisions between North America and global patent committees. ◦ Maintain and organize patent awards program reports for payment. ◦ Travel to production line/R&D locations and corporate HQ for invention harvesting and planning (approx. 2-3 times a year, per division). Occasional travel to international R&D locations in Europe. ◦ Proofread and report attorney opinions and patentability searches. ◦ Application monitoring. Competitor searching. Assignee searching.
• Patent portfolio management: ◦ Maintain and monitor the patent docket of entire client patent portfolio (US-originating and foreign-originating) from original disclosure through issuance/maintenance. ◦ Prepare and e-file patent applications (U.S. (provisional, utility, design), National Phase, and PCT), all prosecution, Information Disclosure Statements, and other patent formalities as necessary with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Process transferred cases: POA and ownership documents. ◦ Interface with engineers, patent coordinators, R&D managers, US IP counsel, and global IP counsel in maintaining pending patent applications, and their desired filing strategies as related to business needs. ◦ Assist US legal department in management of annuity fee payments for foreign patent portfolio.
• Management/Supervisory tasks: ◦ Assign and oversee administrative patent tasks of 3 assistants. ◦ Facilitate client instructions and requirements to legal assistants. ◦ Implement client procedure updates into established workflow. ◦ Evaluate workflow and processes, and recommend to partners changes in responsibilities. ◦ Train legal assistants regarding patent administration tasks. ◦ Oversee a complex, multinational monthly billing procedure and related cost tracking reports.
• General tasks: ◦ Prioritize and assign all client-approved projects internally to partners, associates, law clerks. ◦ Review monthly billings; work closely with managing partners to actively manage costs of individual projects and overall client budget to ensure compliance with client needs. ◦ Utilize docketing software to generate reports as requested by clients. ◦ Management and input of billable time into billing software. ◦ Communicate effectively via telephone, email, video conference, and in person with various firm staff and government officials. Same regarding foreign associates/counsel and client staff of all levels in 20+ countries around the world. ◦ Prioritize numerous deadlines with various tasks as noted above.
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at Pearne & Gordon, LLP
- Intellectual Property Legal Assistant at Amin, Turocy & Calvin, LLP
- Forensic Audits and Special Investigations Team - Intern/Analyst at U. S. Government Accountability Office
10 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at SLATER & MATSIL, L.L.P
- Intellectual Property Assistant at MUNCK WILSON MANDALA, LLP
- Intellectual Property Specialist at PATTON BOGGS LLP
- Intellectual Property Assistant at SNR DENTON US LLP
6 years, 1 month at this Job
• Process and track new invention disclosures
• Docket incoming correspondence using CPI
• Support foreign and international patent and trademark filings
• Support IP team in broad range of tasks related to patent and trademark prosecution, and other IP matters
• Provide back-up support for preparing and interpreting patent data reports generated from docket database
• Communication and documentation of IP team policies, procedures, data and information
• Coordinate and prepare for meetings and conference calls
• Create, modify and proofread business communications and documents utilizing MS Word, Excel
• Assist in special projects on an as-needed
• Maintain files and records
• E-mail, fax and copy documents and screen mail
- Intellectual Property Paralegal at NetApp
- Patent Prosecution Secretary at Vista IP Law Group LLP
- Internship (Unpaid) at Chen-Yoshimura LLP
- Office Assistant at Levine Bagade Han LLP
8 months at this Job
- Paralegal Certificate
- Associate in Business Administration - Business Administration
• Handle all phases of U.S. patent prosecution from application to issuance.
• Draft declarations, assignments, powers of attorney, transmittal forms, RCE, and various other patent forms.
• Draft responses to pre-exam formalities notices, prepare shell responses to office actions and restriction requirements.
• Prepare shell for preliminary amendments.
• Prepare Information Disclosure Statements, including retrieving patents and non-literature cited art for electronic submission to the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
• Review and update weekly docket report and provide back-up for docketing specialist.
• Prepare instructions to foreign associates in connection with the filing of new patent applications.
• Prepare and file PCT Applications using PCT Safe.
• Electronic filing of all patent documents with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
• Draft correspondence reporting all filings and updates to the client.
• Prepare reminders to clients concerning upcoming deadlines.
• Maintain electronic client files.
• Save all documents and correspondence into firm docket management system.
• Draft and file Trademark applications.
• Draft and file Trademark office action responses.
• File Section 8 & 15 trademark declarations.
• File Section 8 & 9 trademark renewals.
• Research current rules to ensure compliance with USPTO practices.
• Track and submit maintenance fee payments to the USPTO.
• Work on client site to process watch notices for large international trademark portfolio.
- Intellectual Property Paralegal/Legal Assistant at EMERSON THOMSON BENNETT
- Intellectual Property Docket Specialist at MCDONALD HOPKINS
- Legal Assistant at SCARBOROUGH
- Litigation Paralegal/Patent Legal Assistant at PHELPS DUNBAR LLP
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - Applied Business
Prepare and file US Provisional, Non-Provisional and PCT Applications. Respond to Foreign Agents. Request status on US cases. Prepare Responses templates for responding to Non-Final and Final Office Actions. Review Attorney work product for any typos before filing documents. Order/ download file histories from USPTO. File responses, formal documents, missing parts via EFS-Web. Check with USPTO to determine if patents have issues to the company. Set up meetings or travel arrangement as needed.
- Senior Intellectual Property Paralegal at Cardinal Health Inc
- Patent Secretary (Temporary Assignment) at Osha Liang LLP
- Patent Prosecution Support Assistant (Temporary Assignment) at Canon U.S.A., Inc
- Patent Paralegal (Temporary Assignment) at DLA Piper LLP
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Post Graduate Diploma - Patent Law and Management
- B.S - Business Administration
- - Paralegal Program