Facilitated communication with internal and external auditors & SOX audit.
• Performed multiple audit requests for Producers & processed commission adjustments.
• Unclaimed Properties reporting and balancing from Bank records to G/L accounts.
- Intermediate Accountant at Blue Shield of California
- Associate Accountant at Blue Shield of California
- General Ledger Accountant at Miller Freeman, Inc
- Full time student at San Francisco State University
15 years, 10 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
• Leading and managing Cashiering department including hiring, objective setting, development and training
• Playing an active role in the upstart of the UK division, assuming the Distributor Services responsibilities and performing the month end close and financial statement preparation
• Researching and identifying system issues and working with programming on a daily basis to improve the functions related to the Australian and UK divisions
• Initiating the move to online banking to help reduce fees and paper waste
• Preparing calculations for Compliance department in response to state audits and preparing financial statements to be used in licensing in various states
• Identifying and destroying records at offsite storage facility some of which have been in storage for nearly 20 years
- Intermediate Accountant at United Consumer Financial Services
- Junior Accountant at United Consumer Financial Services
- Accounting Clerk at United Consumer Financial Services
- Cashiering Clerk at United Consumer Financial Services
8 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Associate of Science - Biology
• Provide accounting support for loan agency and trading group by operating transactions made between borrowers, lenders and other financial institutions, and ensuring the accuracy of cashflows and entries booked in General Ledger;
• Conduct and complete trade settlement reports/daily ABL transactions/clients' monthly reconciliation reports/Shared National Credit Reports to ensure key controls are followed and exceptions are actively pursued
• Analyze and investigate LIBOR loan repricings, advances, payments and etc. issues raised by clients for deals on a daily basis
• Reconcile borrower/lender positions from LoanIQ and provide information for regulatory reporting and audit queries
• Communicate with customers and other financial institutions about funding instructions and issues for deal closings, assignments, and participations
- Intermediate Accountant - Corporate and Commercial Loan Office at BMO HARRIS BANK
- VP of Membership at GRADUATE STUDENTS FOR ACCOUNTING (GSA), DEPAUL UNIVERSITY
- Internal Audit Intern at TIGRESS FINANCIAL PARTNERS
- Tax Preparer at GRADUATE STUDENTS FOR ACCOUNTING (GSA), DEPAUL UNIVERSITY
11 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accountancy - Accountancy
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honors) - Accounting
• Prepare and Maintaining all Billing submissions
• Preparation of all recurring and adjusting journal entries
• Analyzing variances in accounts from budgeted amounts
• Ensuring accurate accounting and reporting integrity of assigned programs
• Generating internal and external financial reports required by management and external funding on a timely basis
• Use of Lawson (accounting program software)
- Intermediate Accountant, Non-Profit Build Homes at HELP USA
- Bookkeeper, Non-Profit Helping People at Barrier Free Living
- Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant, Accounting Firm at Wind and Wind
- Assistant to the Controller at Education Affiliates Federal Credit Union
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science - Accounting
o Accurately review purchase orders and invoices, verify amounts due and allocate charges to the associated account charges o Prepare and post all necessary journal entries for departmental adjustments and corrections o Manage over $70 million in Finance Hold Liability for new store construction and remodels
- Intermediate Accountant at Wakefern Food Corporation
- Junior Accountant at
- Independent Contractor in Events Management/Promotional Marketing at Various companies
- Audit Intern at Johnson Lambert LLP
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Professional Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science & Sport Studies - Exercise Science & Sport Studies
Daily cash reconciliation, reconciliations, commissions, fixed assets, work with the CFO on expenses, Accounts payable for 2 companies, Unclaimed funds abandoned property, some investment pieces with assistant controller.
- Intermediate Accountant at Kingstone Insurance
- Senior Accountant at Mid Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
- Staff Accountant at Deforest Group
- Staff Accountant at Health Quest
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting and Finance
- Associate in Liberal Arts and Science-Childhood Education - Liberal Arts and Science-Childhood Education
• Process payroll for 14 Cincinnati city school
• Verify income for CPS employees
- Intermediate Accountant (Payroll) at CINCINNATI PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Vice President of Financial Affairs at JCSU Student Government Association
- Development Intern at Profound Gentlemen, LLC
- Alumni Affairs Receptionist at Johnson C. Smith University
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Accounting
• Promoted to intermediate accountant in 2007 within the controller's department.
• Promoted from coding to property accounting in 2008 within the controller's department.
• Promoted to accountant in 2009 within the controller's department.
• Promoted to SR accountant in 2011 within the controller's department.
• As a coder I reviewed invoices and assigned cost to the appropriate cost center so that costs rolled up correctly on the financial statements.
• As a coder I also reviewed the tax accounts, department cost centers, and reconciled them.
• As a SR property accountant I reviewed, disposed, set up, and depreciated fixed assets.
• As a SR property accountant I set up AFEs and monitored cost of both capital and expense projects. While employed at Murphy USA I set up and monitored cost of almost 2,000 AFEs a year, set up the fixed assets, depreciated them, or expensed charges.
• As a property accountant and a coder I was responsible for journal entries, and both close process and monthly reports for multiple companies.
• As a SR accountant I also reviewed purchase orders and reconciled the purchase order account.
• As a SR accountant I reviewed vendors and issued 1099s
- Sr Accountant at Murphy
12 years, 3 months at this Job
- bachelor in business administration - Accounting
• Calculate and distribute monthly margin and trade inventory reports for Petrochemical Marketing and Asset group for internal management review;
• Work closely with Commercial, Risk and Contract Administration to ensure business activities were captured and accounted for properly;
• Perform monthly volumetric allocations, invoicing of revenues and/or payment of cost of goods sold invoices;
• Address customer inquiries (i.e. exchange & storage account statements, sales pricing, fee invoices, etc.) and work closely with Commercial, Contract Admin and LVC to research and resolve volumetric and pricing discrepancies;
• Calculate and record monthly journal entries for revenues, cost of goods sold and/or variable expenses;
• Analyze trading activity and explain variances between current month, prior month and budget;
• Communicate with commercial analyst to reconcile monthly profit to commercial forecast;
• Perform monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and resolve outstanding issues;
• Review and analyze the set-up of 200+ new/revised contracts every month and prepare revenue recognition checklist for external auditors as a part of SOX process;
• Review and report quarterly related party transactions to financial accounting;
• Prepare various volumetric balancing and analytical reports;
• Assist in preparation of business unit yearly budget and forecast;
• Prepare internal and external audit request for quarterly and year end audits;
• Train junior accountant on account reconciliations, Right Angle system and monthly close processes;
• Organize and lead various meetings related to implementing new ideas&strategies and discussing profitability with the commercial and distribution groups.
• Assist in testing and analysis for new trade system implementation
- Intermediate Accountant - Liquids Marketing at Enterprise Products Partners
- Financial Accountant at CITIC GROUP
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Auditing - Auditing
Accountant for 7 companies, including 4 vehicle dealerships. General ledger accounting, heavy month end close duties including account reconciliations and journal entries. Reconcile 15 bank accounts. Accounts payable processing, manage company credit cards, audit expense receipts and reconcile to credit card bills. Calculate and book management fees, business taxes and inventory loss amounts. Maintain and reconcile concert ticket and riders academy class deposits. Human Resources functions to include reconciling insurance bills to payroll deductions.
- Accountant at SMOKY MOUNTAIN HARLEY DAVIDSON
- Intermediate Accountant at CLAYTON HOMES
- Business Analyst at
- Accounting & Human Resources Manager at AMERICAN ACCESSORIES INTERNATIONAL, LLC
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting