Internal Audit Manager
• Prepare and present to the Audit Committee the Programming Plan of the Audits to be Executed, according to the risk assessment of the institution.
• Plan, prepare, and review internal audit programs that are in accordance with the Bank's guidelines and current legal regulations.
• Supervise the personnel in the Auditing department in order for them to act with independence and due diligence in the development of their activities, in front of the areas of the Bank and their tasks.
• Verify the reasonableness, integrity and correct presentation of the Financial Statements and their respective notes, in accordance with the accounting standards generally accepted by the Federation of Public Accountants of Venezuela.
• Ensure that the operations and procedures of the Bank comply with the Laws, Resolutions, Prudential Standards, decisions of the Board of Directors and Shareholders of the Bank, Internal Manuals, Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards.
- Internal Audit Manager at Banco Universal, C.A
- Internal Audit Coordinator at Banco Universal, C.A
- Tax Auditor at Contraloría del Municipio Chacao
- Semi-Senior II at KPMG
8 years at this Job
* One of the leading global payments & technology company that connects consumers, businesses, merchants, issuers & governments around the world. Operates a multi-rail processing network designed to ensure safety and security for the global payments system. Internal Audit Manager * Plan, execute, and document audits of financial, technology and operational areas that are complex in nature, applying sound judgment to assess effectiveness and efficiency of controls, processes and operations. Audit duties include assessing business, operating, and control risks of current and proposed systems and operations then developing recommendations for issues and improvements to current and proposed controls, procedures and systems. * Provide significant input into annual and periodic risk assessments of business processes, functions, and departments evaluating compliance with legal, regulatory and operational policies and procedures, and assessing risks to determine scope for planned audits. * Supervised product delivery for assigned projects including budget, scheduling and correspondence with clients. Consulted with senior management in determining action items required for resolution of control issues. * Lead special projects and investigations, as necessary ensuring integration with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance programs. Conduct quality assurance reviews and testing of financial and operational areas; investigate and document issues for senior management.
- Internal Audit Manager at Mastercard
- Risk Services Consultant at RubinBrown
- Senior Corporate Auditor at Wolseley
- Coordinator - Optimization at ConocoPhillips, Inc
4 years at this Job
- Masters in Business Administration - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science - Operations Management
Enhance and execute JSOX compliance program. Assess design and operating effectiveness of internal controls for JSOX and non-JSOX activities, including finance, IT, and operations. Work with and support external auditors' assessments. Liaise with parent company on audit operations. Provide guidance to Brazilian subsidiary on risk and audit issues. Support all areas of the business with process assessment and improvement. Serve on and coordinate the Ethics Committee. Provide management oversight for the Business Project Manager position.
• Served on Core Team for Company's ERP upgrade project.
• Consolidated all audit operations in-house to eliminate spending on 3rd party firms.
• Drove effort to revise Code of Ethics and Business Conduct for roll-out to Brazilian subsidiary.
- Internal Audit Manager at LBX Company LLC
- Lead Internal Auditor at Lexmark International
- Business Systems Analyst (Project Manager) at Lexmark International
- Corporate Consolidation Analyst at Lexmark International
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
Developed and implemented an audit plan for the property based on state requirements and general risk.
• Designed and developed detailed audit checklists for all audits performed using state regulations, the property's written System of Internal Controls, and general areas of risk as guidelines.
• Performed all Internal Audit, audit activities at the property including observations, discussions, review of documentation, and any other necessary procedures.
• Coordinated with senior management to identify and address areas of risk outside of the audit environment.
• Assimilated and reported areas of concern identified during audit activities to senior management personnel in both verbal and written presentations.
• Completed special projects at the request of senior management personnel.
- INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER at MARGARITAVILLE RESORT CASINO
- AUDIT ANALYST at ISLAND VIEW CASINO RESORT
- SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR at HARRAHS ENTERTAINMENT
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Managed four staff members with diverse experiences in support of the financial audit, compliance audit (OMB A-133/UGG), employee benefit plans audit, and ~20 internal audits annually
• Led and performed internal control testing on behalf of external auditors by heavily utilizing SAP transaction codes in areas of General Ledger, Cost Center, and Human Resources/Payroll data
• Led root cause analysis and issue resolution on findings assessed by external auditors on financial systems (SAP)
• Collaborated with internal departments to enhance risk assessment, develop the audit plan, and reduce audit planning time
• Prepared and presented all audit-related activities at quarterly audit committee meetings
• Developed desktop work instructions to augment training of staff members and succession planning
• Supported / conducted any hotline investigations, and government auditors from DCAA/DCMA as needed
- Internal Audit Manager at The Aerospace Corporation
- at The Aerospace Corporation
- Senior Internal Auditor at The Aerospace Corporation
- Senior Internal Auditor at Boeing
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- MBA - MBA
- Master of Science - Information Management
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
• Rebranded Division of Internal Auditing at Clerk of Courts including implementation of a collaborative auditing process, electronic audit workpapers, and data analytics tool.
• Promote accountability and integrity by providing training sessions on the COSO Integrated Internal Control and Enterprise Risk Management frameworks.
• Conduct a periodic risk assessment of Clerk and Board of County Commissioners agencies to assist in the development of the annual audit work plan.
• Develop an annual report on the activities and accomplishments of the internal audit function.
• Annually review the Division’s internal audit charter and policies and procedures manual to ensure accordance with appropriate auditing standards.
• Perform follow up procedures to ensure corrective actions plans implemented address internal control risks identified including recommendations made by external auditors.
• Supervise engagements assigned to the audit team.
• Develop and maintain the Division’s Quality Assurance and Improvement Program.
• Retain and mentor professional employees by ensuring appropriate training and encouraging attainment of professional certifications.
• Serve as the Clerk’s liaison and assist the Leon County Audit Advisory Committee: 1. Develops and submits to the Clerk of the Circuit Court and Committee for approval an annual audit plan. 2. Provides quarterly reports to the committee regarding the Division’s independence, status of outstanding corrective action plans.
• Work collaboratively with Clerk and Board senior management to address any internal control weaknesses impeding achievement of strategic goals.
• Assist external auditors during financial statement audits to achieve appropriate audit coverage and cost-savings.
- Internal Audit Manager at Leon County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller
- Adjunct Instructor at Flagler College Tallahassee
- Internal Auditor at Capital Health Plan
- Senior Auditor - Performance and IT at Florida Department of Transportation
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Accounting and Financial Management - Accounting and Financial Management
- Bachelor of Science - Multinational Business Operations
• Responsible for leading, scoping and performing operation audits of internal departments as well as subsidiary divisions, in accordance with company policies and procedures and International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Provided guidance and management oversight of department policies related to internal audits, SOX audits and compliance reviews.
• Supported audit department staff, including offshore audit teams; coordinated multi-state audit schedule.
• Ensured the timely and effective completion of scheduled audits within budget.
• Performed annual risk assessment to identify departments of high risk and required audits.
• Through internal audit reports, communicated valuable insight to management through recommendations on processes and controls to mitigate inherent business risks.
• Identified key performance indicators, gathered monthly data, and prepared month-end reports and quarterly audit committee meeting presentations.
• Supported mergers and acquisitions team by performing operational and financial statement due diligence.
• Lead internal fraud investigations - escrow and financial statement fraud, internal hotline matters, and other sensitive matters.
- Internal Audit Manager at First American Title Insurance
- Internal Audit Senior / Lead at First American Title Insurance - Santa Ana, CA
- Senior Auditor at Swenson Accountancy Corporation
- Staff Auditor at Turner Warren Hwang & Conrad
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Manage Internal Audit engagements, FCPA audits, including team procedures, discussion of observations with Process Owners, business partnering to bring value and investigations.
Contributed to internal process improvements, guest auditor program and facilitation with Corporate
Procurement, Compliance Audit, Facilities, Human Resources, and Legal.
• Strengthened relationships between international business units and corporate functions to implement standard processes, resulting in reduced financial risk and SWB savings.
• Directed the financial audit of corporate giving analysis, identified contributions not reported which resulted in the company restating corporate giving financials, regional process changes and enhancing the monthly analysis to identify all contributions.
• Led the enterprise-wide Guest Auditor Program to engage non-auditors in the audit process. This popular program enabled a mutually beneficial sharing of knowledge and career opportunities.
- Internal Audit Manager at QUEST DIAGNOSTICS
- Revenue Services Director at Hospital and Self-Pay
- Compliance Officer at
- Toxicology Department Director at Drug Testing Laboratory
5 years at this Job
- MBA - Business and Accounting
- Master of Science - Analytical Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry
Manage internal audit function for $1B privately-held supplemental insurance company and insurance agency with a primary focus on enterprise risk management, financial auditing, consultations, agreed upon procedures and managing the anonymous reporting hotline. · Designed and implemented enterprise risk assessment utilizing the 2017 COSO Enterprise Risk Management to support the A.M. Best Credit Ratings process. · Coordinated with external auditors to provide extensive direct assistance related to premiums and claims. · Supported OK and TX State Financial Exam for the five-year period ended December 31, 2017. · Supervise one full time employee.
- Internal Audit Manager at HealthMarkets, Inc.
- SOX Compliance Consultant at Various
- Internal Audit Manager at Hanger, Inc
- Manager, Inventory Accounting, Physical Inventory & Analysis at PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
1 year at this Job
- M.S. - Accountancy
- B.A. - Political Science
Developed and maintained strong relationships and communications with the Audit Committee to ensure concerns were addressed and expectations met; approved, oversaw and presented
reports to the Audit Committee and senior management to address key business risks and control
• Successfully led in a management role, driving internal audit department and developing strong teams in complex, service intensive, deadline driven environment.
• Demonstrated leadership in risk management and development of audit plans, procedures and programs to evaluate the adequacy of the internal control environment.
• Contributed to strategic projects and transformational initiatives through assurance engagements and identification of risks.
• Managed documentation of significant processes and identification and evaluation of the control design, the performance of tests and controls and the overall assessment of financial reporting and internal controls.
• Developed and maintained collaborative working relationships with external auditors to ensure effectiveness of service delivery and appropriate resolution of findings/issues identified.
• Promoted an organizational competency in the audit function by identifying and integrating best practices in workflow, measurement, technologies and resource configuration.
• Ensured metrics were in place to measure business risks and improve decision-making; ensured strong accounting and operational control environment.
• Orchestrated systemic change initiatives, supports and manages change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerates pace.
• Skillful negotiator in tough situations, sells ideas persuasively, settles differences and wins concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful while remaining diplomatic.
• Acted as internal financial advisor to Board, CEO, CFO and other senior executives on corporate finance planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
• Consistently searched for opportunities to reduce costs and improve delivery services. Constructed financial models to assess strategy and company performance in the government policy research industry.
• Developed and oversaw internal audits of administrative systems and made recommendations for improved documentation of policies and procedures.
• Evaluated current and future lease agreements and determined impact to financial statements under new lease accounting standards.
• Researched new revenue recognition and evaluated their impact to corporate financial statements.
• Led the development and implementation of new operating policies and procedures to ensure timely compliance with changes in revenue recognition and lease accounting standards.
• Developed and documented internal control systems and ensured compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER at Mathematica Policy Research, Inc
- AUDIT SUPERVISOR at Anchin, Block & Anchin, LLP
- SENIOR AUDITOR at KPMG, LLP
10 years, 6 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - ACCOUNTING AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS