Caracas, Venezuela December 2009- September 2010 Import company bringing a large range of products of China. International Buyer * Developed a new buying system process that increased time efficiency droving to more buys * Created the scheme for the new buying software, facilitating the input time of data * Negotiated on a daily basis with over 20 Chinese manufacturers in the search for the best price and quality offered * Managed a small team of 2 buyers, focusing on getting new manufacturers for established products * Research the market and the competition on a weekly basis in the search of the new product or trends
- International Buyer at DISTRIBUIDORA GASU C.A
- Admission assistant and event coordinator at ST. JOSEPH'S COLLEGE
- Internship at DISTRIBUIDORA GASU C.A
9 months at this Job
- Master - International Business
- Bachelor of Science - Administration
- - Administration
- International Buyer at BAILEY INTERNATIONAL, LLC
- President / Owner at W3 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT GROUP, LLC
- Senior Buyer - Materials and Components at SAIC
- Advanced Specialist - Purchasing at DENSO MANUFACTURING TENNESSEE, INC
3 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Chinese Track
- - Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Marketing
• Engage in client relations and general customer service
• Execute strong inventory control and setup inventory standards to ensure ordering accuracy
• Develop and maintain a business relationship with new and existing vendors
• Purchaser of all Pork items for Tomex domestically, buy and price for sales teams and various markets
• Manage all accounts with vendors to ensure performance and increase value
• Understand financial aspects of accounts to make good business decisions, vendor reports, sales revenue, gross margins, sales reports, labor expense, cost of goods, etc.
• Use historical data to take stances on items before markets change to drive pricing
• Identify areas where the company can improve quality, increase productivity, reduce costs and enhance overall business
- International Buyer at Tomex Foods Aps
- Assistant GM/Kitchen Manager at Red Robin Gourmet
- Project Manager at DePaul University Student Center
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Management and Bachelor of Science in Marketing - Sales
• Process the approved Purchase Requests (PR) submitted in share Point (SP) by the internal customers.
• Create and process the NTM Purchase request (Non -Tobacco Material) submitted by the Purchasing manager.
• Request quotes to the respective suppliers for the requested items.
• Do the cost analysis based of the triple relation cost-quality-delivery.
• Maintain records of ongoing cost saving for the company.
• Create the requisition orders (RO) in SP and submitted them to the department manager for approval.
• Request Executive approval for ROs which value is $ 3,000 or more.
• Follow up with the accounting manager to create POs for the approved ROs.
• Send POs for the respective vendors and update the system accordingly.
• Follow up with the broker to obtain import license or "Declaration Préalable d'Importation" - DPI for orders which value is $3,000 or more and for the consolidated shipments as well.
• Transfer orders to the Customs coordinator to follow up with suppliers on dispatching and shipping docs.
• Maintain and ensure constant follow up on the Alternative supplier program which aims to enlarge the NTM supplier list.
• Evaluate NTM supplier performance based on each received shipment and notify the supplier on the assigned score according ISO 9001requirements.
• Follow up with suppliers on Non - Conformity products (NCP) received from the quality manager for correction action (CAR) and if needed request replacement or refund.
• Assist the team, coordinate the dispatching of the drivers on sales deliveries and follow up on any other requests from the Purchasing manager during the absence of the Supervisor.
- International Buyer at Compagnie Des Tabacs Comme IL Faut S.A
- Procurement Officer at American Refugee Committee (ARC)
- PURCHASING Officer at PREMIUM APPAREL S.A
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- - ECONOMICS
• Works independently to analyze and interpret forecast data and converts that information into production orders for overseas suppliers
• ERP Data Management/Accuracy
• Reviews figures to determine the most cost-effective method to consolidate container shipments as well as prioritize and balance production
• Reviews shipping documents for trade compliance
• Invoice Resolution
• Responsible for maintaining quality communications with overseas suppliers
• Generates reports used by Sales, Customer Care, and other departments relating to product status
• Received numerous Honeywell awards for exceptional effort and coordination
- International Buyer at HONEYWELL SAFETY PRODUCTS
- at HONEYWELL SAFETY PRODUCTS
- Customer Service Representative at HONEYWELL SAFETY PRODUCTS
- Owner/Office Manager at B&L INSULATION, INC
12 years at this Job
Vinhedo, SP - Brazil Development of new suppliers, price quotation, negotiation, placing orders, checking and reviewing all the documents that it is part of an order, like Proforma Invoice, Packing List, Commercial Invoice and Bill of Loading, contact with vendors, banks, freight forwarders and brokers to solve any problem about documents and payments. Follow up of the shipment until the merchandise gets in the storage.
- International Buyer / Import Assistant at Belenus do Brasil S/A
- Sales, Pandora Charm Bracelets at Personal and Phone
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor - International Business
- High School Diploma
• Generate Purchase Advisor and Purchase Order from Microsoft Dynamic GP system and issue PO to overseas manufactures
• Monitor warehouse products inventory management
• Sourcing new vendors and new market products
• Request quotes, procure products based on demand and market trends
• Track shipments status
• Create reports for purchasing manager
• Coordinate intra-department meetings
- International buyer Lead at USA Sports Inc
- Sales Manager at Yellowstone Import Houston
- Logistic Coordinator ( Company Co-founder ) at Vite Transportation LLC
- Customer Service Engineer at Acer Computer Corporation
4 years, 3 months at this Job
•Verifies purchase requisitions for major accounts internationally by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
• Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
• Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
• Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
• Provide customer service to sales teams and vendor for pricing issues, coordinating ship dates, expediting orders and maintaining of purchase orders.
• Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
• Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
• Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Participate in all product development meetings to prepare schedule for all products and analyze all procurement requirements.
• Analyze all future requirements for projects and design all order products to ensure achievement of all sales objectives.
• Review all purchase specifications and issue appropriate bids to all suppliers.
• Organize and participate in various meetings and prepare required reports to identify appropriate purchasing requirements and deign an efficient business plan to achieve all objectives.
• Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials, manufacturing costs, or wages, and using pricing schedules
• Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates.
• Establish and prepare product manufacturing bill of material consisting information on required tools, materials, and cost projections for stocked and custom items.
• Handle all internal pricing request for sales and customer service.
- Senior International Buyer at Pure Edge Lighting
- International Buyer at Pure Edge Lighting
- Junior Buyer at Fellowes Inc
- Assistant Buyer & Manager at Lorla's Shoe Boutique
2 years at this Job
- Master's - Supply Chain Management (MSSCM) and MBA
- Bachelor's - Merchandising Management
for the Hewlett Packard North American printer group (IPG-NA) contract. Purchasing lower-level material (printer engines, power supplies, network cables, media) from suppliers in Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, and other Asia-Pacific regions. Worked on multiple ERP (SAP and Baan) systems verifying the weekly mass upload of the MRP, and nightly regenerations in order to procure material within the designated lead time calculated by MRP. Worked with 3rd party logistics in routing, tracking, and expediting shipments via either ocean or air transit. Sourced other depots to consume excess material. Reconciled invoice disputes with suppliers and AP to insure stable supplier relations.
> Reduced LL material constraints for production to under 3%
> Kept inventory dollars under company goal and excess/scrap to under 2%
> Implemented cross functional SAP/Baan EDI signals for SAP production orders to generate in Baan and lower level material to back flush out of inventory when consumed
> Insured all outstanding invoices were kept
- International buyer/materials planner at Flextronics International, Ltd
- Purchasing/Inventory Management at Hardin's SYSCO, LLC
- Senior Buyer/Planner at A.S. Hospitality, Inc
12 years, 2 months at this Job
● Manage two to three million dollars worth of inventory to ensure production stoppages do not occur, and plan expedites when necessary
● Create Purchase Orders for component parts, based on customer demand, reflected through ERP
● Release forecast to suppliers, both domestic and international for all component parts, based on future customer demand, reflected in ERP system
● Maintain ERP purchasing data (Order quantity, lead time and delivery date)
● Interact with shipping and receiving teams to ensure that parts are shipped and received under correct orders
● Analyze Inventory transaction reports to spot and correct receiving and invoicing errors
● Investigate inventory variances through cycle counting and inventory transaction data reports
● Provide input on process improvement, as it relates to the consumption of component goods, as well as warehousing
● Monitor component inventory as build out plans are announced to eliminate obsolete inventory, and lost revenue
● Participate in SWOT activities across both manufacturing facilities for process improvement, space utilization and production floor clean-up and organization initiatives
- International Buyer at Keihin Thermal Technology
- Pricing Analyst at NSG Group, AGR
- Inventory/Cost Analyst at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Project & Supply Chain Management