August 2015 - Present
A leading international online retailer with established websites in AU, NZ & South-East Asia International Buyer - Beauty & Health
Manage a team of 3 employees that is responsible for all US buying activities in the Beauty & Health segment, producing $9 million annually
• Developed new business resulting in an annual growth of 6% /$400k a year by cold calling, competitor research & attending trade shows.
• Consistently increased the global category percentage by 5% annually with sales analysis and executing sales strategies.
• Improved category margin by 4% through vendor negotiation and buying efficiency resulting in a 530k increase in margin annually
• Coordinate with cross-functional partners such as planning, marketing, & operations teams.
• Manage budget goals as well as Assistant Buyer's goals to present to VP of Buying on a monthly basis.
• Constantly hitting deadlines & budget goals in a fast-paced environment by being a self-starter as well as a team player. International Assistant Buyer - Home & Living Managed & increased business with current suppliers in the Home & Living segment resulting in $12 million annually.
• Increased average sale revenue 50% through sales analysis and price negotiation with vendors on a daily basis.
• Established great relationships with key accounts in order to secure pricing and products resulting in a $1mill revenue increase annually.
• Managed 100+ vendor accounts along with a team of two assistants by maintaining a highly organized structure on my team
• Supervised supplier PO maintenance and shipments to ensure orders arrived on schedule.
- International Buyer at The MySale Group
- Assistant Buyer - Home Accessories at HD Buttercup
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- B.S. in Merchandising - Apparel
- Fawaz Alhokair/CMT Wholesale
• Responsible for managing, developing and selecting merchandise assortment that is representative of the brand and appropriate for the Middle East markets for 4 brands ( Urban Behaviour Ladies and Men's, Costa Blanca Ladies and CBX Accessories)
• Implementing retail strategy with the brand and franchise to maximize retail volume and meet IMU goals
• Managing the OTBs to deliver LFL sales, budget, sell through and ensuring that the brands stay within planned inventory
• Conduct style out meetings with the senior management on a monthly basis
• Working with the international sourcing offices in India and China to source product directly from local factories to reduce our overall costs and achieve our target margins
• Local sourcing from domestic vendors to inject fast fashion pieces within the range
• Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products including negotiating terms of contract
• Review weekly sales to determine bestsellers per category and potential items for reorder or markdowns
• Identifying and developing sales, marketing and promotional strategies around key events and category drivers that are appropriate for the market and maximize sales
• Analyze costs and retail prices on a regular basis to ensure that the brand remains competitive
• Approval/fitting of all domestic ME specific developed product from initial to shipment sample
• Partner with Visual Merchandising Manager to merchandise assortments and buys within store
• Manage my Assistant Buyer, working on their development and progress, including development and training, and keeping the team motivated at all times
• Market visits to the Middle East to see the stores and keep abreast with competitors
- International Buyer at CMT Wholesale
- Business Head/Strategic Partner at Stilista
- Kids Footwear and Accessories Buyer at Monsoon Accessorize
- Footwear Buyer at Tesco Central Europe
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- - Design to Delivery
- - Tesco Design to Delivery Course
- - Buying a Range
Perform procurement and administration activities to support production orders, logistics, and buyer payments. Identify and source, and negotiated contracts of new vendors to reduce costs, improve product selection, and support delivery requirements. Comply with international and federal customs requirements. Update, maintain and verify accurate vendor account and payment information.
Develop and implement shop and job production schedules, resources, materials, and 50 technician and shop professionals' daily operations. Ensure all shop equipment is well maintained, repaired, and operational. Developed and implemented shop processes resulting in overall product quality improvements.
Shipping & Receiving Manager
Managed warehouse inventories to accurately fulfill production material and equipment requirements and schedules. Created receiving picking and packing station with packing materials to efficiently handle orders. Trained warehouse staff to manage inventory and stock level management as well as training and certification on forklift and pallet movers.
Areas of Expertise Include:
• Reduced reportable safety incidents.
• Collaborated with Quality Manager to secure company API Q1 certification.
• Developed effective training programs to improve team performance and to instruct new employees with company policies and job responsibilities.
• Manage 10 to 25 daily shipping and receiving daily loads.
- International Buyer at Bestway Oil & Gas
- Machine Operator at Baker Hughes, A Ge Company, LLC
- Manager Operations at DyWEST
8 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management - Supply Chain Management
• Negotiated Pricing
• Creating international orders
• Maintained productive relationships with vendors
• Generated quarterly and yearly reports on sales
• Monitored Shipments
• Adjusted procedures as needed to maximize department effectiveness
• Performed reconciliation of opened orders
• Handling Accounts Payable for all overseas vendors - which include, but not limited to, keeping track of all vendor accounts, invoicing, entering bills into the system, receiving in shipments, auditing, creating checks and sending out int'l wire transfers
• Auditing and paying of import/export invoices
• Commission Reporting for Sales Department
• Data entry for material certifications
• Answering high volume calls
• Various misc. projects such as personal errands or projects for CEO, VP, and General Counsel
- International Buyer at Bestway Oilfield, Inc
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Interacted with suppliers to negotiate prices, deliver supplies on time and enhance quality standards.
• Built and maintained mutually beneficial relationships with vendors to ascertain high quality and competitive prices.
• Conducted regular research and analysis on market and suppliers to achieve cost effectiveness.
• Managed all communications between Merchants and Suppliers; provided support to procurement division with contract development and execution for new suppliers.
• Developed and maintained effective supplier relationships for assigned categories
- International Buyer at Ozeol
- Account Executive at Advantage Solutions
- Grocery Division Manager at Battaglia Food Distributors
- Sales Representative at Soderholm Foods/LiPari Foods
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Communication
• Analyze MRP system data to create replenishment plans for all parts assigned
• Communicate orders and forecasts to assigned suppliers
• Maintain open communication with suppliers to correct shipping errors and coordinate late shipments
• Reconcile receiving and invoice errors with suppliers and internal receiving members
• Work cross functionally with design, quality and production departments for design changes and provide change-over/run out schedules
• Coordinate air freight and expedite shipments when needed to ensure no production stoppages occur
• Cycle count parts to ensure system accuracy, if necessary investigate system discrepancies and report information to necessary manager
• Participate in semi-annual physical inventory events
- International Buyer at Keihin Thermal Technology
- Pricing Analyst at NSG Group, AGR
- Inventory Analyst at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
- Root Cause Analyst at McShane Welding
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Project & Supply Chain Management
• Plan and purchase a variety of commodities from domestic and international suppliers (India, China, Taiwan)
• Track containers, manage documentation, and plan transfers for overseas products to a 3PL warehouse
• Responsible for the implementation and management of a new 3PL, including directing five employees
• Manage 20 million dollar spend
• Reduce one hundred and fifty thousand dollars of backorders
• Participant in the Prop65, Continuous Improvement, and Community Involvement teams
- Lund International Buyer-Planner at Lund International
- Buyer at Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
- Strategy Sourcing Merchandiser at Veritiv Corporation
- Inventory Management Analyst/ Buyer at Veritiv Corporation
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
as well as prioritize and balance production
• Analyze and interpret forecast data and converts that information into production orders to overseas suppliers
• ERP Data Management/Accuracy
• Reviews figures to determine the most cost-effective method to consolidate container shipments
• Reviews shipping documents for trade compliance
• Invoice Resolution to assure timely vendor payments and system accuracy
• Responsible for maintaining quality communications with overseas suppliers
• Generates reports used by Sales, Customer Care, and other departments relating to product status
• Received numerous Honeywell awards for exceptional effort and coordination
as well as prioritize and balance production
- International Buyer at HONEYWELL
- Buyer/Planner, Supply Chain Specialist at HONEYWELL
- Customer Service Representative at HONEYWELL
- Owner/Office Manager at B&L INSULATION, INC
15 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Manufacturer of light bars for ATV vehicles Responsibilities
• Management of 18 suppliers based in Taiwan and China
• Logistics coordinator for all incoming water and air shipments
• Analyze MRP requirements on NAV system and issue new purchase orders, expedite and push out existing orders to meet current demand requirements.
• Issue past due reports to the supply base and work with the suppliers on reschedule dates.
• Work with the accounts payable department on invoices which have issues that prevent them from being paid.
• Issue dispatch lists to the supply base, breaking down water versus air shipment requirements, based on what is available to ship each month.
• Try to minimize air shipments, and go back to the customers if necessary and ask for payment of air ship charges required for expedited orders.
• Work with the Engineering and Marketing departments on Rev level changes, new product launches and ramp up/ramp down inventories associated with Rev changes.
• Work with the quality department on supplier quality issues, quality returns associated with those issues and corrective actions if required.
• Re-sourcing and getting quotes from competing suppliers to get the best prices possible while maintaining quality standards.
• Extensive e-mail communication with Asian suppliers to coordinate expedite requirements.
• Work closely with production planning on a daily basis to coordinate expedite requirements and advise on the status of current orders.
• Ensure the supply base operates with full compliance to current policies and procedures meeting the company terms and conditions.
• Work with sister facility in Mexico on transfers between the plants, and joint ordering where needed to meet minimum buy quantities and get the best pricing.
• Use data analysis to drive continuous improvement and deliver savings to the business. July 2017 to October 2018 Worked short term contract purchasing positions in the Phoenix area.
- International Buyer at Rigid Corporation
- Senior Buyer at Eaton Cooper Lighting Division
- Senior Buyer (Site Sourcing Lead) at Medtronic
- Senior Buyer at BorgWarner Transmission Systems
7 months at this Job
- B.S. degree - Operations Management
Worked assisting the Sales Department personnel, new incoming customer order's review and placing orders with USA, Canadian, Chinese and European suppliers. Negotiated with suppliers best prices based on the projects and deadlines required. All tasks including quotations, delivery date follow-ups and expediting. Coordinated with customs brokers, the importation of the products (ground and ocean) into Mexico and delivering them to the job site.
- International Buyer/Importation Coordinator at LJV Sport
- Customer Service Supervisor at Hsin Ten Enterprise Mexico
- Customer Service Supervisor at ACS International, Monterrey MX
9 years, 8 months at this Job
- GED Diploma