International Buyer oversees the purchasing and procurement of international products at Turn 5. Working closely with the Product Develop team, will manage the source operations in Asia, mostly China in support of overall business and product strategy objectives, and lead negotiation, supplier qualification, and supplier on-boarding processes. They will have the goal of obtaining the best quality and value for products through effective bidding, negotiation, and supplier management.
- International Buyer at TURN5
- Sourcing Manager at Evolution Store Corp
- Sales Associated at Wismettac Asian Foods Inc
- Project Management / Translator at Beijing Group Co. ( BG )
5 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- BA - Language & Translation (Chinese-English-Spanish)
- BA - Language & Translation (Chinese-English-Spanish)
- BA - Language & Translation (Chinese-English-Spanish)
in the manufactory and commercialization of mass consumption products) (Founded 1937) Ph.: (809) 565-2151
March 2005 - May 2019 International Buyer
• Responsible for Local and International Purchases; Developing, leading and executing purchasing strategies.
• Used SAP to create purchase orders and various reports to check stocks and invoice information.
• International service coordination, Participation and buying strategy given new company's projects. Constant research for internal customer's needs in order to achieve personal and Department goals.
• Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness through ISO 9001 Quality Management System. Crafting negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms with Suppliers. Participate in project purchase licenses.
- International Buyer at GRUPO SID
- Custumer Service Supervisor at OPITEL/CODETEL
- Business Leader at EMPRESA DISTRIBUIDORA DE ELECTRICIDAD DEL SUR
at this Job
• Buyer for over 20 International (China and India) and 20 Domestic Vendors, over 3K SKU's
• Review and adjust system forecasts, send purchase orders, follow up weekly to assure vendors are on schedule
• Maintain inventory levels and continuously work towards increasing inventory turns
• Monitor international vendor production schedules, answer questions and resolve any issues through productions
• Find new back order items, communicate lead times to customer service and sales, expedite with vendors as needed
• Assist to resolve receiving issues/discrepancies
• Reconcile all vendor invoices, resolve any discrepancies, send for payment and send proof of payment to vendor for lease of shipments
• New part number set ups - enter new and make all required changes
• New vendor set ups - enter new and make all required changes
• Send HTS codes to customs as needed
• Update shipment container reports daily for warehouse receiving manager, communicate priority items
• Set up and approve bookings for all FCL and LCL shipments
• Oversee the assembly and rework station
• Work with Quality Assurance to schedule inspections for overseas vendors and testing products in house and separating any damaged stock
• Assist with sourcing, obtaining quotes and samples from potential foreign and domestic vendors.
• Track new products from development phase through production, inspection, shipping and receiving.
• Assist purchasing manager with any miscellaneous tasks as needed
• Completed analysis on costs versus benefits of having multiple warehouses in the U.S and EU.
• Create and send Tooling purchase orders, obtain photos of tools and signed legal agreements
- International Buyer at Heathrow Scientific, Inc
- Bookkeeper at Crepes a Latte Catering, Inc
- Logistics Coordinator at Crepes a Latte Catering, Inc
- Financial Aid Advisor at Career Education Corporation
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Arts - French Commercial Studies
• Performing procurement services starting from the clients' initial request for quote.
• Sourcing products and services among the manufactures that we are authorized distributors and among others that we are not.
• Negotiating best pricing, payment terms and shipping terms, and lead time with our vendors.
• Providing the best-suited proposal in terms of budget and technical specifications.
• Evaluate and negotiate the most convenient international shipping terms (INCOTERMS) for each proposal.
• Receiving and processing Purchase Orders: Issuing Sales Order and/or Proforma Invoice. If the customer is international, checking the export compliance forms such as Embargo Letter, End User Statement, among others; if the customer is local, checking other documents if needed such as Tax Exception Certificate, etc.
• Issuing our Purchase Order to our vendor and take care of payment according to the payment terms stablished during the request for quote step and the quotes received from the vendor, especially the ones who we are not authorized distributors.
• Communicating constantly with the Accounts Payable department previous issuing our Purchase Order to the vendor to verify reception of funds from the customer trough wire transfer, PayPal, Credit Card or check depending on the payment terms previously established with our client (payment in advance; down payment and due balance previous shipping, NET 30, among others).
• Managing the logistics to ship the material from the manufacturer to the delivery point (according to the INCOTERM indicated in the proposal and accepted in the Purchase Order) that includes warehouse handling, stocking and labeling, issuing invoice and packing list with all the information required (Country of Origin, Schedule B number, weight and dimensions, etc.), certificates (if they were required such as Certificate of Compliance, Certificate of Origin, Material Safety Data Sheet, among others) repackaging and shipment tracking. And it also includes coordinating with local and international shipping companies and Freight Forwarders.
• Receiving, processing and shipping materials from Purchase Orders placed online, since Gekko Inc. also conducts commercial transactions electronically on the Internet (E-Commerce). Therefore, all the activities mentioned above also are performed with the orders placed online.
• Performing all the above activities providing the best possible customer service in order to establish and build long-term business relationships; and keeping the best communication and cordiality with vendors and other departments within the company.
- International Buyer at Gekko, Inc
- Sales and Marketing Executive at Linde Gas Therapeutics
- Marketing Coordinator at ELCA Telecommunications
- Social Communications Consultant for BOD at THECC
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate degree in Logistic and Global Supply Chain Management - Logistic and Global Supply Chain Management
- Master of Science in Business Administration - Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Media - Public Relations
• Global sourcing and purchasing required materials, equipment and services for the refineries
• Analyzed client's requisition to prepare bid process and issue RFQ's
• Negotiated with vendors for best pricing, payment terms and delivery terms
• Generated purchase orders in SAP based on client's technical approval along with complying with company policies and procedures
• Experienced working with Domestic and International vendors
• Evaluated and solved moderate to complex procurement issues, assuring product fulfillment on timely and cost effective basis
- International Buyer at PDVSA Services Inc
- Purchasing Coordinator at Summit Integration Systems
- Project Administrator at U.S. Census Bureau
- Administrative Assistant at Office of Admissions at UH
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.A. in Sociology and Education
International buyer of wood products and trader domestically and internationally
• Introduced 4 new products to Silvaris company
• Set up distribution points throughout the US.
• Organized the international transportation for all purchases
• Organized the reload in the US which included the drayage and unloading of containers
• Implement the tracking system for the purchases from suppliers internationally to delivery of product to the US
• Developed the specifications and marketing of the new products
• Organized the Training of 58 traders of the new products purchased.
- International Buyer/ Trader at Silvaris
- Founder and President at Laker Trading
- President/CEO at Transpacific Trading Company, Inc
- General Manager at Henan Evergreen Timber Products, Ltd
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Industrial Tech
- Bachelor of Arts
• Ordering, scheduling and justification of purchase orders.
• Reviewing and analyzing market trends, supplier costs and pricing, and evaluating alternative supply options.
• Addressing quality, price and customer service issues with suppliers, and implementing strategies to resolve them.
• Analyzing supplier performance, looking for areas of opportunity and working with them to improve their scorecard level.
• Working as an intermediary between departments and suppliers, facilitating the communication flow and ensuring the proper service levels.
• Synchronizing efforts with other plants to receive and offer support on critical shortages.
• Utilizing CPI and ABC analysis in order to maximize revenue.
- International Buyer at Emerson Network Power
- Tactical Buyer at Tecnomex Industrial S.A. de C.V
10 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - International Business
• Analyze MRP system data to create replenishment plans for all parts assigned
• Communicate orders and forecasts to assigned suppliers, as well as maintain open communication to ensure all orders arrive on time and at desired order quantities
• Investigate past due orders and how they affect production schedules
• Cycle count parts to ensure system accuracy, if necessary investigate system discrepancies and report information to necessary manager
• Work cross functionally with design, quality and production department when design changes occur, to ensure that correct items are consumed and avoid obsolete inventory
• Assist in bi-yearly physical inventory as needed
• Coordinate air freight and expedite shipments when needed to ensure no production stoppages occur
• Assist with department projects, as is needed
- International Buyer at Keihin Thermal Technology
- Pricing Analyst at NSG Group, AGR
- Inventory Analyst at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Project & Supply Chain Management
Vinhedo, SP - Brazil Development of new suppliers, price quotation, negotiation, placing orders, checking and reviewing all the documents that it is part of an order, like Proforma Invoice, Packing List, Commercial Invoice and Bill of Loading, contact with vendors, banks, freight forwarders and brokers to solve any problem about documents and payments. Follow up of the shipment until the merchandise gets in the storage.
- International Buyer / Import Assistant at Belenus do Brasil S/A
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor - International Business
- High School Diploma
• Analyze and execute purchases that involved high dollar amount and commercial terms processes with supervision, from the beginning of requests for quotes to complete purchase order placement.
• Responsible for outsourcing equipment, spare parts, and services required for assigned refineries and affiliates.
• Preparing and conducting negotiations with engineering department to guarantee that all detailed technical and economical specifications will comply.
• Assist with claims for materials received out of specifications, overages, shortages, and breakage to return to vendors.
• Responsible for the training of new employees for assigned refineries and affiliates.
• Evaluate and resolve procurement situations involving field expediting, assignment of third party technical liaison, and monitored fabrication progress to ensure compliance to client requirement.
- Senior International Buyer at PDVSA Services, Inc
- Accounting Clerk & Buyer at Mental Health Resources, Inc
- International Buyer at Schahin Oil and Gas
- Contract Manager at Petroleo Brasileiro S.A
4 years, 9 months at this Job