OISS offers services and provides assistance to 2700 international students in order to facilitate their integration into the Boston College community.
• Advise international students on immigration regulations and procedures for the F-1 student visa
• Advise academic departments on international student related policies and procedures
• Issue and sign I-20 forms for new incoming students, students traveling and students seeking work authorization
• Serve as OISS liaison to the Office of International Programs and graduate Admissions Offices
• Welcome and check-in approximately 650 new students and 75 scholars per year
• Process and issue I-20 for incoming international students
• Processed CPT, OPT applications and OPT employment updates in Ellucian-ISSM and SEVIS
• Collaborate with the Office of Graduate Student Life coordinating cross-cultural programs
• Supervise International Advising Assistant on front desk processes and management
• Process expense reports and budget transfers in Peoplesoft
• Present employment workshops for all international students
• Present basic F-1 immigration regulations for incoming exchange students
- International Student Advisor at Boston College, Office of International Students and Scholars
- Administrative Assistant, supporting the Director of Diversity at Suffolk University Law School
- Graduate Assistant for Immigration and Cross Cultural Programming at Bentley University, Center for International Students and Scholars
- Customer Service Rep at Gulf Oil Limited Partnerships
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Education - Administration of Higher Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Linguistics
• Maintained all prior duties as International Student Advisor, PDSO
• Assist Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management in day-to-day duties
• Schedule meetings, assist in answering Student Services –related questions
• Create student IDs, assign vehicle decals
- Student Services Assistant/International Student Advisor, PDSO, at Northwestern Oklahoma State University
- International Student Advisor, PDSO at Northwestern Oklahoma State University
- Coordinator of Athletic Administration at Northwestern Oklahoma State University
- Intercollegiate Athletics Secretary at Northwestern Oklahoma State University
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Sport Administration
• Served international student population of 7,000
• Managed advising for international students in the English as a Second Language (ESL) and Undergraduate programs.
• Advised graduate students on immigration matters with International Student Advising Directorate.
• Managed Alert System in Government database (SEVIS) to make sure International students maintained their visa status with U.S.
- International Student Advisor at Campbellsville
- Studio Assistant at Campbellsville
- Admissions Representative at Campbellsville
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Graphic Design
*Provides accurate immigration information to international students, monitors and tracks student immigration status, and maintains appropriate files *Assists international students with processing applications for work permits, reinstatements, extensions of stay and other immigration related matters *Advises students with immigration petitions and applications to include processing for new F-1 visas, reinstatement, change of status.
*Provides accurate immigration information to international students, monitors and tracks student immigration status, and maintains appropriate files
*Assists international students with processing applications for work permits, reinstatements, extensions of stay and other immigration related matters
*Advises students with immigration petitions and applications to include processing for new F-1 visas, reinstatement, change of status.
- International student advisor at LIC/LISMA Language Center
- Tech support at Reliance Star Payment Services
- Business Analyst (Field dispatcher) at Oracle
- Marketing manager, Mobile Storage Dept at Aigo Electronic Technology Co., Ltd
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- M.A. in Journalism - Journalism
- B.A in Public Administration - Public Administration
• Meeting with students, providing advising base on student's questions, help them get involved in university activities and get better experiences in both academic and living on campus.
• Processing international student's online applications, checking their application status and communicating with them regarding Admission requirements and scholarship through email and phone calls.
- International student advisor at Boise State University Center for Global Education
- Immigration assistant at International Rescue Committee Boise office
- at Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Trainee Program Director at Hubei TV Satellite Channel
1 year at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Administration
- B.A. in Journalism and Information - Communication
OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ♦ Act as liaison between the Office of International Students and Port of Entry Assist students filing immigrations forms. ♦ Ensure that students maintain full time status and work according to INS rules ♦ Advice on daily basis prospective and enrolled international students about the college application process, involving academic and immigration regulations. ♦ Enter, tract, monitor and maintain international student population in SEVIS. ♦ Enter and update information on international students current status in a specialized database (BANNER) ♦ Create and conduct workshops. ♦ Meet with Athletic Coaches, Admissions and Academic Advisors to train about immigration regulations. ♦ In charge of the hiring process, placement and training of student employees.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADVISOR at NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSIT
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE at Mamery Publicidad
16 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
- M.A. - Cross Disciplinary Studies
Advise 300+ international students on all aspects of F visa matters through drop-in advising,
appointments, and workshops while serving as a DSO
• Certify F-1 student eligibility for immigration benefits such as re-entry and travel, on-campus employment and practical training, leaves of absence, reduced course-load authorizations, reinstatements, extensions of stay, etc.
• Monitor the SEVIS data
• Assist international students with processing the USCIS form I-765, I-539 and I-129s, Social Security application, and other immigration related matters
• Monitor academic progress of international students on academic concerns, including English- language preparedness and/or academic integration
• Serve a liaison to schools and other campus units, including the Registrar Office, Business Office, Office of Academic Affairs, Disability and Accessibility Services, Career Services, Tutoring Center, and Housing Services
• Develop and implement retention strategies for international students
• Conduct workshops on CPT, OPT, income tax, H-1B visa, cultural adjustment and health insurance on a semester basis
• Coordinate on- and off-campus cultural events and new international student orientation
• Create and revise written communication, including pre-arrival handbook, handouts and forms, in compliance with the DHS and USCIS regulations
• Oversee peer advising program-recruit, train and supervise student workers as needed
• Participate in professional development to keep abreast of changes in federal rules and regulations
• Professional membership - NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- Senior International Student Advisor at Woodbury University
- Assistant Director at International Programs
- Director of International Student Services at Nobel University
- Case Manager at Asian Pacific Women's Center
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Family and Therapy - Marital Family Therapy and Art Therapy
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Fine Arts and Arts Administration
* Served as Designated School Official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) * Issued immigration documents so students may apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy/consulate abroad * Maintained student records using the SEVIS system to ensure compliance with U.S. Department of Homeland Security regulations and policies * Advised students regarding F-1 & J-1 federal regulations including curricular practical training, optional practical training, academic training, travel, extensions of program, change of status, economic hardship, and reinstatement * Facilitated new student orientation and immigration related workshops throughout the academic year related to employment and taxes * Developed and executed student programming and events including volunteer trips with local nonprofit organizations * Served on committee for international student scholarships
- International Student Advisor at University of North Florida
- Substitute Teacher at Kelly Educational Staffing
- Au Pair at
- Event and Public Relations Intern at Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Communication
• Managing the inflow and outflow of students, faculty, staff, and visitors within the reception and enrollment/ registration areas.
• Answering incoming telephone calls and emails and directs inquiries to the appropriate department.
• Maintaining pertinent Financial Aid reports and files, helping Personnel Director during Pay Preparation time.
• Serving as a Designated School Official (DSO) to federal programs governing the support of international student.
• Issuing the I-20 of international students and dependent, entering student information into the school SEVIS account
- Administrative Assistant & International student Advisor at South Baylo University
- Administrator at Kwantak U.S.A
- Receptionist/Scheduler at Avanti Skin Clinic Inc
- Usher/ Floor Manager at CSULB Performing Art Center
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Provide excellent customer service while ensuring compliance with university and Department of Homeland Security regulations
• Evaluate and issue federal immigration documents for foreign students pursuing graduate degrees
• Assist with application submissions and process approval documents for Curricular and Optional Practical Training programs
• Communicate with university departments and student applicants about program requirements and missing documents. Counsel and provide resources to students regarding academic and immigration issues.
• Maintain student records in university and federal databases according to Code of Federal Regulation requirements
- International Student Advisor / DSO at Campbellsville University
- Front Office Clerk at Louisville Bone & Joint Specialists
- Reception / Registration Assistant at Mile Bluff Medical Center
- Package Handler / Unloader at LifeCare Counseling Center
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - International Studies & History