Serve as Principle Designated School Official (DSO) providing a full range of student services to prospective, new and continuing international students and their dependents regarding student visa process, maintaining F-1 status, work authorization and other related topics. Advise students and alumni on employment including OPT and CPT, travel, status maintenance, reduced course load and all other F1 student issues. Works with management to recommend changes to policies, practices and procedures with regards to HHC international student experience and programming. Develop a full understanding of all issues related to international student regulations and requirements as set forth by the Department of Homeland Security, Student Exchange and Visitor Program.
- DSO/INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADVISOR at Houston Community College Office of International Student Sevices
- Immigrations Assistant at Godzina Law Firm
- Immigration Services Officer at US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Job Placement Specialist at US Navy
4 months at this Job
- Master's - Human Services (Specializing in Social and Community Services)
- Bachelor's - Applied Behavioral Science
- High school
◆Act as mentor, role model, teacher, and support person for 100 first year students abroad ◆ Assist in ensuring academic and personal success for participants who were new to college environment ◆ Maintain safety and well-being of participants by serving as 24/7 primary contact ◆ Conduct rounds at residence hall, complete documentation, and exercise excellent judgment in supervision, emergency response, and policy enforcement ◆ Serve as ambassador for Northeastern University by exhibiting knowledge of, and enthusiasm for NU ◆ Co-instruct Global Experience course for 20 students with Assistant Site Lead ◆ Develop and lead social and educational programs for students in collaboration with Site Lead, Assistant Site Lead, and/or other International Student Advisors
- International Student Advisor at The N.U.in Program
- Office Administrator at Audley Travel
- Temporary Registration Assistant at Roxbury Community College
- Building Manager at Curry Student Center
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Sociology and Global Change
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
• Served as a liaison with 5 universities located in Malaysia, Vietnam, Myanmar, and Thailand regarding student admission.
• Conducted clerical work regarding immigration and resident status.
• Provided appropriate information regarding admission to prospective students and various institutions.
• Advised and suggested to Japanese students who wanted to study abroad appropriate universities and programs in North America, Europe, and Asia to fit their needs and goals.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADVISOR at JOSAI INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
- MARKETING PRODUCT MANAGER at JOHNSON AND JOHNSON
- TRAUMA SALES REPRESENTATIVE at JOHNSON AND JOHNSON
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT COUNSELOR at WORLD YOUTH SERVICE SOCIETY JAPAN
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology - Sociology
- Associate of Science in Travel and Tourism - Travel and Tourism
In addition to the responsibilities as a Student Services Advisor, responsible to ensure the Language and Culture Programs (LCP) are meeting all immigration requirements as the Designated School Official of the program. Serve as a back-up Alternate Responsible Officer. Serve as a back-up admission officer for LCP and the Global Pathway Program.
- International Student Advisor at Sweet
- STUDENT SERVICES ADVISOR at Western Washington University
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Education in Adult - Higher Education
First contact on processing student visa, insurance and homestay applicatons. Partcipatng as host of short-term study abroad students organizing events, accommodaton as well on facilitatng a full schedule on daily activates and closure of the event. Efectively assist on team and individual task for an orientation week with more than 300 internatonal students.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADVISOR at TECNOLÓGICO DE MONTERREY
- Operations Manager at HOTEL RIU PALACE RIVIERA MAYA
- INTERN FOR INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS at UNIVERSITY OF SEATTLE
- FRUITS AND VEGETABLES WHOLESALE GENERAL DIRECTOR ASSISTANT at CENTRAL DE ABASTOS LA ESTRELLA
1 month at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
• Plan and implement two-day orientation activities for first year international students.
• Aid students in obtaining social security cards, setting up bank accounts and filing proper visa paperwork.
• Coordinate with Admissions and Student Life to meet housing and travel needs.
• Provide academic and social support for international students through outreach and programming.
• Maintain budget for international student program.
• Wrote grant proposal focused on improving orientation and communication. Proposal was accepted and work was completed in spring 2018.
- International Student Advisor at Green Mountain College
- Learning Center Coordinator at Green Mountain College
- Career Services & Learning Center Administrative Assistant at Green Mountain College
- Administrative Assistant at Burchfield Management Company
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in French Language and Literature - French Language and Literature
Aug. 2015-Dec. 2015
● Liaised between the host institution and the N.U. in Site Staff to collaborate when organizing service learning projects and excursions; formulated logistical paperwork such as the emergency contact spreadsheet and the student roster, which were used throughout the semester
● Enforced Northeastern's Code of Conduct and provided 24-hr emergency response; reported and submitted detailed incident reports in a prompt manner
● Advised 76 first-semester freshmen studying abroad over the course of four months; established a safe and communal environment following the N.U. in programming model; organized monthly cultural, social, and academic programs
- International Student Advisor at Northeastern University
- Mental Health Associate at Arbour Hospital
- Rehabilitation Aide at Arbour Hospital
- VOLUNTEER at American Red Cross
4 months at this Job
- - Nursing Prerequisite
- Bachelor of Science - Behavioral Neuroscience
- Responsible for ensuring that new students experience the on-boarding process efficiently and effortlessly as possible; while providing academic counseling and advising services by assessing student needs. - Collaborate with various campus divisions/offices to provide special services to the international student population - Serve as principal liaison between state representatives of foreign countries and the College - Accurately and completely portray college educational programs and expected outcomes to students and educators - Monitor and track the immigration status of hundreds of students, while overseeing the maintenance of student records - Advise students on immigration petitions and applications to include processing for new F-1 visas, work permits, reinstatement, and reduced course load authorizations, change of status and medical leave - Plan and execute programs supporting the needs of international students, from initiation and planning, to delivery - Coordinate with director of marketing to create advertisement material and conduct outreach
- International Student Advisor/Marketing Assistant at Columbia West College
- Eyecare Advisor at Lenscrafters
- Program Leader at Indian Hills Elementary
- Office Assistant II at Riverside County Sheriff's Department
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
- Associate of Arts in Social and Behavioral Studies - Social and Behavioral Studies
Duties include: Ensuring accuracy and timeliness in complying with the U.S. government data reporting system that addresses requirements under SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System); responsible for the maintenance, tracking, and submission of appropriate document to SEVIS; conducting immigration advising, ensuring that international students comply with federal institutional regulations and policies. Assist with management of daily functions of Office of International Programs, consulting with the Associate Vice President for International Programs regarding budgetary matters, policy matter, administrative issues, etc.
- International Student Advisor at PDSO, RO, Office of International Programs
- Department Secretary (Clerk-Typist III) at Clarion University
- Department Secretary (Clerk-Typist III) at Clarion University
- Department Secretary (Clerk Typist III) at Clarion University
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Liberal Studies
- Advised international students on a variety of matters, including immigration and visa regulations, cultural adjustment, personal matters, financial concerns, and university procedures. - Helped prepare and control records, statistics and reports regarding operations of the department. - Established pre-arrival communication with new international students and professors, assisted with airport pick-ups and transfers. - Maximized efficiency of department operations by the planning and scheduling of meetings, travel, and other events.
- International Student Advisor at University of Tyumen
- International Student Peer Mentor at University of Tyumen
11 months at this Job
- BA - English-to-Russian Translation