Kalamazoo, Michigan 2010-Present
CBS affiliate with 110 employees and a diverse audience of 700K households across West Michigan.
Provide reporting content for 4 nightly news broadcasts. Present real-time, on-location stories in fast-paced, often
ambiguous environments. Produce news stories on the website and post information to social media. Collaborate with reporters and producers to organize multiple, ongoing projects. Develop successful relationships with public
relations/corporate communications representatives, elected officials, and statewide law enforcement.
• Selected by management to spearhead a new segment on government waste, Waste Watch, resulting in increased audience interest and positive feedback on social media.
• Grew Twitter followers to 1000+ people within 2 years.
• Earned National Association of Television Arts & Sciences Michigan Emmy Nomination in 2012 for investigative reporting on compensation for Michigan Legislators.
• Contributed to a city ordinance review of regulatory standards for local taxi services, resulting from an investigative report. Collaborated with local and state elected officials to improve consumer safety.
• Identified and communicated previously unknown health and safety issues related to cleanliness in the bar/restaurant industry through an in-depth investigative report.
- Investigative Reporter at WWMT-TV SINCLAIR BROADCASTING GROUP
- General Assignment Reporter at FIRST COAST NEWS
- Consumer & Investigative Reporter at RYAN DUFFY
- Reporter at KAKE-TV
9 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Journalism
Health beat reporter and member of the investigative team for the Bucks County Courier Times, The Intelligencer and the Burlington County Times in the Philadelphia region. Work independently and with others on deadline-driven stories and projects focusing on topics that affect the community, including aging, behavioral health, the environment, the health care industry and policy. Implemented new data visualization tools in the newsroom.
- Health/Investigative Reporter at GateHouse Media
- Health/Enterprise Reporter at Calkins Media
- Counselor/Advocate at Victim Outreach Intervention Center
- Freelance blogger at United Steelworkers
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism
Deputy Managing Editor (2015-2017), Staff Writer (2013-2015)
● Conducted a joint investigation with WNYC on yeshivas that was a finalist in the 2015 SPJ Deadline Club awards
● Wrote investigative and feature articles on New York City-area politics and education
● Filled in for managing editor, first or second read on most stories, head of copy desk, managed internship program
● Posted articles using Drupal and an in-house CMS, promoted articles on social media
- Investigative Reporter at The Jewish Week
- Investigative Reporter/Deputy Managing Editor at The Jewish Week
- Interim Senior Editor, Mom365 at
- Editor, Prospect Heights Patch at Patch.com
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- M.S. - Broadcast Journalism
- B.A. - History
Finding corruption schemes, the background of individuals alleged corrupt, human rights violations, Latin America corruption presence in EEUU
- Investigative Reporter at The Digger
- Investigation Director at Caraota Digital
- Investigative reporter at El PItazo
- Production Director at Televisora de Oriente
9 months at this Job
- Precision Journalism
- Sports Journalism
• As weekend anchor, enhance and improve air product as a team leader, coach and senior coordinator of planning and strategy for news coverage, story selection, resource allocation, copy editing and newscast production
• As reporter, responsible for research, and production of issues-related news content for web and broadcast as well as rapid response to breaking news. Cultivation of contacts in business, community advocacy, academic, government, health care, legal and law enforcement communities.
- Team Leader/Anchor/Investigative Reporter at WHEC-TV
- Correspondent/Anchor at CNN
- Media Liaison Specialist at KEF Media
- Writer at Newspaper, Magazine
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Communications
Examine potentially wrongful convictions and criminal justice issues. Work with database of more than 3,000 criminal cases to discover national trends. Conduct interviews with medical, legal and statistical experts to relay data to the public. Responsible for all daily reporting on top of research.
- Investigative Reporter - Chicago at
- Health and Science Reporter - Chicago at
- Editorial Intern at Jackson Citizen Patriot
- at Crop and Soil Sciences - Michigan State University
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Journalism
- Bachelor's - Journalism
Pitch, produce, investigate, research, edit and report stories.
- Investigative Reporter at UC News
- Investigative Intern at NBC
- Editorial Intern at UC News
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Journalism
- - photography and Spanish
- High School Diploma
- Write, research and deliver news in a timely and engaging manner - Develop and implement daily and long term coverage plans - Conduct interviews with a detail oriented approach - Use SEO practices, social media analytics, Nielson data and consultant research to target stories and social media posts in order to better engage audiences based on interests and demographics - Supervise Reporters, Photographers and Producers - Maintain a network of local, regional and national contacts - Create, grow and maintain personal and station social media accounts - Represent station on-air and at community events
- Anchor/Investigative Reporter at KVOA News
- Reporter/ Multi-Media Journalist at WKMG Orlando, KNXV Phoenix
- Podcast Host and Creator at KVOA News
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- - History and Journalism
at this Job
10. Reporter Resume
Spent a semester working as an investigative reporter in Phoenix and an additional semester as a reporter on a variety of issues in Washington D.C. Articles published in: -The Arizona Republic & azcentral.com -Arizona Capitol Times -Latina Lista -The National Memo -The Tucson Sentinel -The Kingman Daily Miner -Mohave Valley Daily News -Casa Grande Dispatch -AZ Daily Sun -550 AM KFYI -The Maricopa Monitor -Arizona Daily Star
- Reporter at Cronkite News Service
- Intern Reporter at Cronkite News Service
- Opinion Columnist at The State Press
- Reporter at The State Press
9 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Political Science