As an investigative reporter I am tasked with pitching, gathering, and writing news stories that require prolonged investigative effort. I am relied on to keep confidential sources, adhere to journalistic ethics, and maintain the public trust. I work with editors to refine the story we tell, but I am expected to conduct the majority of my work without constant supervision. My focus is on magazine length or long form journalism.
- Investigative Reporter at Underscore Media Collaboration
- Investigative Reporter at Investigate West
- Freelance Journalist at
- Freelance Digital Consultant at juniorsautoparts.com
2 months at this Job
Gather, shoot, edit and produce stories for the daily newscasts on Topeka's heritage television station. WIBW-TV is one of the oldest stations in the state of Kansas. As the investigative reporter, it is my job to look into the stories that require more work and hours to produce. Gathering interviews and asking the hard questions of our city and state leaders. It was also my job to keep up on breaking news in the community. Responding to scene and shooting video, interviewing officers and those involved, and providing live coverage via social media to the public. On top of that, I was also tasked with covering the Kansas Statehouse for all CBS stations in the state. Producing stories that impacted all Kansans. Interviewing party leaders and the movers and shakers that impacted lawmakers decisions.
- Investigative Reporter at WIBW TV (Gray TV)
- Anchor/Host/Reporter at WIBW Radio (Alpha Media
- Assistant Programming Director/Social Media & Web Specialist/Promotions Coordinator at Great Plains Media (92.9 The Bull)
- News Director/Anchor/Host/Reporter/Freelance Reporter at WIBW Radio (Morris Communications)
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Radio/TV/Film
- High School Diploma - General Education
Gathering and reporting breaking news, field reporting, investigative
reports accompanied by original news photography and social media
•BBC, London Los Angeles contributor to programs on BBC Radio 4, and 5 Live on a wide variety of topics from politics to media and entertainment.
- INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER at SOCIAL MEDIA
- SEGMENT PRODUCER-REPORTER at KUSC
- INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER, TALK SHOW CORRESPONDENT at KABC Radio
- INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER, HOST at KNX Newsradio
1 year at this Job
Report politics, general news and structure blotters for law-enforcement personnel. Follow up on leads and break original stories. Contracted as a technical writer to assist and act as a consultant regarding increasing cyber-security protocol. Obtain, encrypt and transfer classified information.
- Investigative Reporter at The City Paper
- Editor-in-Chief at Energy Digital Magazine (WDM GROUP)
- Reporter/Editor at Puerto Rico Daily Sun
- Reporter at Westminster Herald
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Journalism
Contributed to “Hate in America,” a national-reporting project based out of Arizona State University’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism. Reported and wrote several articles, took footage for the 43-minute documentary, and was co-editor of the team’s blog.
- Investigative Reporter at News21
- Editor-in-Chief at The DePauw
- Intern-reporter at The Reporter-Times
- Sports Editor at The DePauw
7 months at this Job
- - Communications and English Writing
I work on long-term investigations about topics involving victimization.
- Investigative Reporter at Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Staff reporter at FairWarning
- Investigative Reporting Fellow at Investigative Reporting Program, UC Berkeley
- Investigative Reporter and Sacramento Bureau Chief at Orange County Register
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Journalism
Covered education, immigration, law enforcement and other topics, producing quick-hit scoops, fresh analyses and investigative projects that generated impact Cultivated trusted network of sources, mined data and leveraged public record laws Engaged readers and community members through live panels, podcasts and on-air discussions with local television and radio outlets Created bi-weekly newsletter to demystify what happens in school districts and classrooms Recorded and edited audio and produced TV segments alongside local NBC affiliate Named 2016 Journalist of the Year by local chapter of Society of Professional Journalists for a series that unseated the former school board president and led to her criminal conviction
- Investigative reporter at Voice of San Diego
- Fellow at New America
- Reporter at Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Reporting Intern at Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- MA - Journalism
- BA - Spanish literature
Knowledge of content gathering, investigating and reporting stories. Story Development.
- News Editor/Investigative Reporter at Al-Masry Al-Youm Newspaper
- Investigative Reporter at Al-Hayat TV Channel
- Journalist and Investigative Reporter at Al-Masry Al-Youm Newspaper
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor - European civilization
General assignment and investigate reporter. Duties to report and investigate police and courts. Became managing editor/ Publisher in 2008 after owner passed away.
- Investigative Reporter at The Jackson Countian Newspaper
- Media Specialist at The Accountability Project
- Manager at Property rental managements
- Manager at Price Restoration
13 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Journalism
- Bachelor's - Journalism
Special assignment investigative reporter.
- Labor beat reporter, anchor at WGME
- Reporter, multimedia journalist at WTOV-TV NBC9, FOX9
- Reporter at The Observer-Reporter
- Online Editor; multimedia reporter. Web, video, podcasts, magazine photographer at The Almanac, Observer Publishing Co
4 months at this Job
- MA - Journalism and Mass Communication
- B.A. - Philosophy