• Maintains and monitors the Investment/Accounting system and assists in ensuring it supports all reporting requirements, including those of the NAIC, state insurance departments and the Internal Revenue Service. Ensures the proper accounting for purchases, sales, and cash flows from all investment transactions.
• Analyzes cash flow, monitors bank balances, and coordinates cash inflows with cash needs for operating expenditures and investment purchases.
• Affirms all investment transactions through DTC and assures proper settlement with custodian banks.
• Completes periodic reconciliation of investment activity and balances. This includes system to ledger, source documents to system, and system to custodial reports.
• Maintains accurate databases for loan backed securities.
• Assists in interpreting and implementing all statutory accounting guidelines and reports. Prepares quarterly and annual footnotes to the financial statements as well as the annual audited statement investment notes.
• Prepares reports on a timely and accurate basis, and provides analysis as required by the Accounting and Investment Departments.
• Assists in advising Information Services on Accounting issues and requirements relating to the Investment/Accounting System.
- Investment Accountant at Federated Insurance
- Risk Analyst at Emerson Process Management
- Account Analyst at Emerson Process Management
- at Värde Partners
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- MBA - Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - Finance
Phoenix, AZ. Arizona State Treasurer's Office (ASTO HYPERLINK "http://www.aztreasury.gov/")
Treasurer's office currently manages Arizona's $14 billion investment portfolio, includes a $5 billion State Land Endowment Trust Fund, Local Government Investment Pools totaling $3 billion, and $6 billion in State Agency funds.
Senior Investment Accountant/ Financial Analyst 2005 to2015
• Managed $2-$3 Billion trade clearing and settlement process on daily basis that ensured the availability of securities to settle trades in 15 fixed income and equity accounts.
• As primary party, provided premier working partnership to custodian banks, securities brokers, and operating bank that reduced the portfolio risk, drove down trade and transaction costs, shortened the settlement cycle and increased the volume of successful trades.
• Accomplished the cash settlement process by assessing the cash requirements for each fund and built the capacity to monitor intraday liquidity positions against expected activities and available resources.
• Facilitated wire transfers between ASTO and financial institution to cover cash calls reducing the cost of carrying and borrowing capital.
• Succeeded tri-party repurchase agreements with cash transfers and collateral management of more than $2 Billion daily in the short term credit market to provide a level of increased security, liquidity, and yield.
• Created a cash rollover and netting process for Repo's based upon revised guidelines from Securities and Exchange Commission. This resulted in reduced risk to assets on hand and at bank, decreasing opportunity costs while increasing portfolio returns.
• Calculated, allocated, and charged management fees and expenses to all Investment Funds maximizing revenues for the State of Arizona General Fund.
• Projected, calculated, allocated, and distributed, the Endowment Fund earnings to the 13 beneficiary funds dedicated for the education of Arizona Children.
• Delivered special projects to investment managers resulting in improved productivity and efficiency of Investment process.
• Compiled and published information on the ASTO's website that increased transparency and visibility to the performance and practices of the Investment Funds.
• Generated and provided fund information to credit rating agencies like Standard and Poor; improving the certification process that resulted in higher credit rating on Funds.
• Conducted the research, processing, filing, and collections of all class action lawsuits resulting in increased revenue for the funds.
• Researched securities on Bloomberg extensively to seek information that assisted in trading decisions and investment accounting functions.
• Directed the Investment accounting function of $5 Billion Land Endowment Fund. Developed and maintained the Net Asset Value of S&P 500, S&P 400, S&P 600 and Fixed Income Funds.
• Realized the month end closing process of Local Government Investment Pool's Long Term 500 and 700 Funds, development of Net Asset Values and, distribution of earnings to its beneficiaries.
• Administered the processing of all corporate actions such as mergers and acquisitions, spin offs, stock dividends, stock splits etc. to ensure collection of funds due to ASTO.
• Performed extensive account and fund reconciliations, participated in internal audits and process improvements to comply with GAAP/GAAS standards as directed by Auditor General's Office.
• Directed, facilitated, and participated in outsourcing parts of investment accounting function first to JPMChase and then later to State Street resulting in improved process and savings to the ASTO.
- Senior Investment Accountant/ Financial Analyst at State of Arizona
- Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS) State wide Accountant at State of Arizona
- Financial Planner at American Express Financial Advisors
- Registered Representative at High Net Worth Group
10 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science - Business Operations/Accounting
• Responsible for reporting on the $190+ billion fixed income/equity portfolios in the General and Separate Accounts of TIAA and TC Life; responsibilities include cash close reporting, income analysis, gain/loss reporting, AVR/IMR calculations, quarterly flux reported to all levels of management, tax reporting, and any ad hoc requests from business partners across the organization
• Performed monthly BIG (Below Investment Grade) Reporting to track the flow of acquired and disposed securities above and below investment grade to assist with Risk Based Capital decisions and the forecasting process for TIAA's General Account.
• Assisted in compiling information for the Nuveen Public, Private and Real Estate Asset Review Committee meetings; summarized Asset Management's decisions to impair or rebut potential impairments on investments and ensure all impairments are properly recorded; Presented ARC packages at meetings to Senior Management from TIAA and Nuveen.
• Prepared quarterly and annual footnote disclosures and investment schedules for the TIAA and TC Life General and Separate Accounts.
• Continuously created and updated Standard Operating Procedures, while focusing on improving existing processes.
- Investment Accountant at TIAA
- Business Metrics Analyst at TIAA-CREF
- Data Analyst at Maines Paper and Food Service
- Supply Chain Data Analyst at InfoPrint Solutions / Ricoh Production Print Solutions
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- B.S. in Accounting. - Accounting
- - Accounting / Business Administration
- - Chemical Engineering
Investment Systems Analytics
• Limited Partnership (LP) accounting (Equity Method, Cost, and Fair Value):
• Private Equity asset analysis and reporting (GAAP, STAT, and Tax)
• Assisted in reviewing investor and month-end portfolio statements
• LP financial statement analysis and accounting research
• Prepare entries for Limited Partnerships and reconcile to CODA and PAM
• Investment reporting, preparation, and review of quarterly compliance reports for NAIC, Investment Risk Interrogatories, General Interrogatories, and Notes to Financial Statements
• Prepare GAAP entries: PGAAP amortization STAT/GAAP differences and eliminations
• Performed monthly asset reconciliations for multiple accounts in multiple countries o Ensured all portfolio discrepancies are researched and resolved in a timely and accurate manner
• Assisted with pricing on a monthly basis
• Compile and analyze investment finance transaction reports: o Acquisitions, dispositions, intercompany transfers
• Approve all outgoing wires
- Investment Accountant at Pan-American Life Insurance Company
- Commercial Credit Specialist at Whitney Bank
- Financial Analyst at Peoples Health
- Staff Accountant at Pedelahore & Co
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting and Business Administration
Oversee day-to-day accounting activity within the bank's investment portfolio.
• Responsible for all investment and accounting activity within the small business subsidiary, 1st Source Capital.
• Prepare annual budget and financial statements for 1st Source Capital.
• Account for all buy and sell trade activity in the bank's portfolio.
• Prepare investment charts and footnotes for the bank's 10Q and 10K.
• Responsible for compliance within Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 by ensuring the bank's internal controls are in place with respect to the Accounting department.
• Account for interest and dividend accruals and amortization/accretion within the Bank's investment portfolio.
• Resolve all issues related to the bank's investment software system.
• Work with safekeeping banks to resolve any issues regarding interest payments, purchases, or sales.
• Prepare monthly accounting reports and ratios for the Funds Management department with regards to the bank's investment portfolio.
- Investment Accountant at 1st Source Bank
- Treasury Analyst at National Steel Corporation
- Trust Investment Analyst at Old Kent Bank & Trust
18 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
- Supervise Fund Administrators and schedule their work to provide accurate and timely processing of trade, corporate action and cash settlement information on the accounting system. Ensure standard controls are sufficient and understood by staff and rigorously adhered to. - Launched and developed ongoing accountant training classroom seminars to train personal team (10 accountants) up to necessary work competency. - Analyze and deliver mutual fund financial statements to provide external audit (PWC) necessary documentation, rationales, and process analysis in regard to fund accounting operations. - Create, manage, and deliver ad hoc reports for client investment purposes
- Investment Accountant Supervisor at Bank of New York Mellon
- Senior Investment Accountant at Bank of New York Mellon
- Control Specialist II at Bank of New York Mellon
- Investment Accountant II at Bank of New York Mellon
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Management
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Assisted in month-end financial reporting
• Lead a five person team in the calculation and distribution of the Net Asset Value of late pricing unitized investment accounts
• Reconciled income, cash balances, share balances, and expense accruals between FIS InvestOne Accounting Software and AMTrust
• Served as a point of reference for less experienced co-workers
• Created and distributed Unitized Investment Account tracking reports for various Fifth Third clients
- Investment Accountant II at Fifth Third Bank
- Investment Accountant II at Fifth Third Bank
- Accounting Intern at Penn Station East Coast Subs
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BBA - Accounting
• Process daily trading activity, interest and dividend payments
• Utilize Eagle, Investment Accounting System (IAX), and Wall Street Office daily
• Verify the accuracy of expense payments and cap-stock activity
• Generate and compile reports for morning projection of cash availability
• Reconcile cash and share differences to maintain accuracy of reported balances
• Research and process corporate actions that may arise during the day
• Generate system reports for daily analysis, verification, and archiving
• Post miscellaneous entries to resolve various issues that may arise during the day
• Utilize Bloomberg and IDC terminals to verify pricing, interest, and dividend rates
• Calculate and report the Net Assets Value funds on a daily basis
- Senior Investment Accountant at BNY Mellon
- Custody Fund Accountant at Investor's Bank & Trust
11 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Associates - Environmental Science
• Prepare Cash Sheets to provide to the client, which includes all activity within the fund (subscriptions, redemptions, core balances, etc.)
• Complete cash and currency reconciliation
• Promptly research and correct any cash/position differences
• Provide occasional guidance/ information to team members within the functional area
• Work in a fast paced and highly team oriented environment in order to meet strict deadlines
• Prepare timely and accurate Net Asset Values, distributions, and other fund accounting objectives
• Prepare annual, semiannual, and quarterly reporting for equity funds and bonds
• Answer a large number of inquiries from various client's daily
- Investment Accountant at The Bank of New York Mellon
- Acccountant at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Member Service Representative at Cred-U-Comp Inc
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.S. - Finance
• Accounting duties for the following businesses: Wright Management, AW Funding, Wright Development Group, Sixty Thirty, Wood Dale Station, 2401 South Plum Grove, 2Nite Vodka & Manhattan Cleaning Corp
• Accounting & bookkeeping duties including: Sales, purchases, payroll, banking, bank loans, credit cards, period adjustments, expense reimbursements, healthcare administrator, sales tax, materials purchasing, commissions, and customer collections. Management and compliance of corporate records including local and state license and tax filings
• Tax Preparer; Federal and State Income Taxes prepared for the following businesses: Wright Management, Wright Development Group, Sixty Thirty, 2401 South Plum Grove, 2Nite Vodka, Manhattan Cleaning Corp, Spring Creek Holdings, Brand Holdings, Legendary Foods,Protein Foods, Target Foods, Captivated Foods, Isotonic Foods & Koldwave Foods
- Investment Accountant at Wright Management & Affiliates
- Full Charge Bookkeeper at Barrington Bowing Center Inc
- Inside Sales & Project Manager at Christopher Glass & Aluminum
- Accountant & Office Manager at Industrial Glass & Mirror, Ltd
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting