• Prepare various monthly investment report packages for assigned clients
• Execute teamwork in achieving overall organizational goals
• Prepare statutory quarterly and annual Schedule D regulatory reports and GAAP financial packages for investment accounting on established deadlines
• Coordinate major responsibilities across 3 departments
• Perform daily reconciliation of 13 accounts to the custodial record, including cash, trades, income and dividends, special deposits etc.
• Communicate with clients and custodians to resolve and handle discrepancies, including responding to inquiries from clients, their auditors, and Prime's client strategists regarding financial results
• Assist in development and implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department
- Investment Accountant at SLC Management
- Operations Analyst at Rockit Solutions
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management/Finance
Analyze possible variances in Sub Ledgers and make the necessary journal entries on decision of portfolio managers. Imported and uploaded data related to monthly investment in software so that it can be analyzed and reviewed by senior management.
Analyze possible variances in Sub Ledgers and make the necessary journal entries
on decision of portfolio managers.
Imported and uploaded data related to monthly investment in software so that it can be analyzed and reviewed by senior management.
- Investment Accountant at Bank of New York Melon
- Home Electronic Sales Associate at HH Gregg
- Accounts Receivable Auditor at Manpower Temp Agency
- Tax Associate at H&R Block
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- - Accounting Credited Coursework
• Ensure compliance requirements are maintained through data collection for risk/compliance reporting.
• Educate client on various (investment) client-facing applications, set up, training, resolving data integrity issues
• Establish and daily reconcile cash for new and old operating portfolios/funds
• Responsible to perform the monthly close process and delivery of investment data to Investment managers
• Complete monthly Investment manager data reconciliation against PAM Accounting data
• Investigate and respond to any inquiries from operational associates, BU Shared Services and clients.
• Perform client billing and assist client with their audit requests
• Participate in ad-hoc projects and audit requests
• Handles team escalation with problems resolution to Senior Client Support Specialist to maintain client relation.
• Analyzes, books and settles daily bank loan trades
- Investment Accountant at
- Intern at Eshipping
- Bilingual CSR at Store Financial
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Economics - Mathematics
• Prepare and update various financial and management reports on a regular basis.
• Manage forecasts in suspense and resolve discrepancies as needed.
• Maintain factors and pay downs for mortgage backed securities and reconcile against bank activity and Bloomberg information as necessary.
• Monitor outstanding investment claims for timely resolution.
• Record international investment funding's redemptions and swap activity.
• Reconcile cash on a daily basis by processing trade related cash settlement into Maximis system.
• Balance investment par activity to custodian on a monthly basis.
• Analyze and compute fees for small-cap managers.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports that are submitted to the U.S. Census Bureau and Treasurer of the State of Ohio.
• Collaborate with other departments such as IT and Investments on projects to automate transactions and establish better performance measurement data.
- INVESTMENT ACCOUNTANT at State Teachers Retirement System
18 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Complete monthly investment close process on an IFRS basis for three life companies and four P&C companies including variance and account balance analysis
• Complete monthly investment close process on a Statutory basis for two life companies and one P&C company including variance and account balance analysis
• Prepare quarterly and annual Statutory investment schedules for two life companies and one P&C company
• Reconcile and correct differences for various investment components on a security level basis across different reporting platforms
• Assist upper management in producing deliverables for budgeting process, Board of Director's meetings and other presentations and research
- SENIOR INVESTMENT ACCOUNTANT at SCOR Reinsurance Company
- SENIOR CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT at SCOR Reinsurance Company
- ACCOUNTING MANAGER - INTERNATIONAL INSURANCE CONTROLLERS DEPARTMENT at Prudential
- ACCOUNTING MANAGER - RETIREMENT SERVICES CONTROLLERS DEPARTMENT at Prudential
7 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Accounting
Phoenix, AZ. Arizona State Treasurer's Office (ASTO HYPERLINK "http://www.aztreasury.gov/")
Treasurer's office currently manages Arizona's $14 billion investment portfolio, includes a $5 billion State Land Endowment Trust Fund, Local Government Investment Pools totaling $3 billion, and $6 billion in State Agency funds.
Senior Investment Accountant/ Financial Analyst 2005 to2015
• Managed $2-$3 Billion trade clearing and settlement process on daily basis that ensured the availability of securities to settle trades in 15 fixed income and equity accounts.
• As primary party, provided premier working partnership to custodian banks, securities brokers, and operating bank that reduced the portfolio risk, drove down trade and transaction costs, shortened the settlement cycle and increased the volume of successful trades.
• Accomplished the cash settlement process by assessing the cash requirements for each fund and built the capacity to monitor intraday liquidity positions against expected activities and available resources.
• Facilitated wire transfers between ASTO and financial institution to cover cash calls reducing the cost of carrying and borrowing capital.
• Succeeded tri-party repurchase agreements with cash transfers and collateral management of more than $2 Billion daily in the short term credit market to provide a level of increased security, liquidity, and yield.
• Created a cash rollover and netting process for Repo's based upon revised guidelines from Securities and Exchange Commission. This resulted in reduced risk to assets on hand and at bank, decreasing opportunity costs while increasing portfolio returns.
• Calculated, allocated, and charged management fees and expenses to all Investment Funds maximizing revenues for the State of Arizona General Fund.
• Projected, calculated, allocated, and distributed, the Endowment Fund earnings to the 13 beneficiary funds dedicated for the education of Arizona Children.
• Delivered special projects to investment managers resulting in improved productivity and efficiency of Investment process.
• Compiled and published information on the ASTO's website that increased transparency and visibility to the performance and practices of the Investment Funds.
• Generated and provided fund information to credit rating agencies like Standard and Poor; improving the certification process that resulted in higher credit rating on Funds.
• Conducted the research, processing, filing, and collections of all class action lawsuits resulting in increased revenue for the funds.
• Researched securities on Bloomberg extensively to seek information that assisted in trading decisions and investment accounting functions.
• Directed the Investment accounting function of $5 Billion Land Endowment Fund. Developed and maintained the Net Asset Value of S&P 500, S&P 400, S&P 600 and Fixed Income Funds.
• Realized the month end closing process of Local Government Investment Pool's Long Term 500 and 700 Funds, development of Net Asset Values and, distribution of earnings to its beneficiaries.
• Administered the processing of all corporate actions such as mergers and acquisitions, spin offs, stock dividends, stock splits etc. to ensure collection of funds due to ASTO.
• Performed extensive account and fund reconciliations, participated in internal audits and process improvements to comply with GAAP/GAAS standards as directed by Auditor General's Office.
• Directed, facilitated, and participated in outsourcing parts of investment accounting function first to JPMChase and then later to State Street resulting in improved process and savings to the ASTO.
- Senior Investment Accountant/ Financial Analyst at State of Arizona
- Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS) State wide Accountant at State of Arizona
- Financial Planner at American Express Financial Advisors
- Registered Representative at High Net Worth Group
10 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science - Business Operations/Accounting
Process the daily transactions of various mutual funds into accounting system including: stocks, bonds, options, foreign exchange and corporate actions.
• Ensure accurate daily Net Asset Value calculations for mutual funds
• Resolve discrepancies between accounting department and/or custody and advisors
• Currently responsible for department's most active and complex mutual fund
- Investment Accountant at Bank of New York Mellon
- First Class Valet at wedding receptions and restaurants
- Cashier at K-Mart
- Telemarketer at S&D Marketing
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
Calculation of daily net asset values for various investment pools
• Update and monitor daily trading, general ledger activity and pricing of funds to ensure accuracy of Market Value calculation
• Record dividend, interest and expense accruals
• Reconciliation of custodian and advisor recons
• Prepare monthly reconciliations and periodic audit requests
• Preparation of monthly budget updates and diversification worksheets
• Prepare and reconcile daily trial balances for funds
• Complete ad-hoc project requests from COO
• Mentored and guided employees ensuring all were trained in product knowledge and capable of performing assigned duties.
• Implement new process improvements for better work flow and automation
Calculation of daily net asset values for various investment pools
- Investment Accountant/Team Lead at The Nottingham Company
- Senior Accountant at West Town Bank
- Staff Accountant at ABC Phones of NC INC DNA A Wireless Premium Verizon Retailer
- Analyst at Credit Suisse
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting and Business Administration
• Monitor, confirm and process investment portfolios' daily purchases, sales, paydowns and changes in income while researching any discrepancies between bank and/or broker via Bloomberg
• Reconcile PAM against the General Ledger and made any appropriate General Ledger entries to investment portfolios
• Prepare Schedule D ensuring accuracy of quarterly and year-end figures, identifying and resolving any discrepancies between the General Ledger and report
• Problem resolution of market security positions including derivatives such as swaps and futures, corporate actions, and foreign withholdings using Bloomberg
• Create and post monthly and quarterly accruals
• Work with internal auditors to create departmental write-ups for numerous tasks within the investment accounting department ensuring that the current methods are done efficiently
• Reconcile prior intercompany balances of over $1.5 million and provided a solution for discrepancies
- Senior Investment Accountant at Mutual of America
- Senior Corporate Accountant/Treasurer at Brookfield's Properties/ Rouse Properties
- Accounts Receivable Specialist at Related Companies
- Development Accountant at Macklowe Investment Properties New York
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Associate - Accounting
• Prepared models to forecast fund and property returns on investments.
• Maintained investors capital commitments and capital contributions and prepared investor reporting on a quarterly basis.
• Responsible for monthly consolidated financial reporting for the funds and properties for upper management.
• Complete ownership on lender reporting and compliance on a quarterly and annually basis.
• Responsible for annual budgets for the fund and fund properties.
• Oversees year end and Interim audit schedules for all investment funds.
• Assisted the Fund Controllers in various investment analysis projects and disposition of partnership assets.
• Responsible for reviewing and completing schedules for the quarterly financial statements.
• Responsible for completing year end audit deliverables and handled auditor requests and/or questions. Key Accomplishments:
➢ Responsible for specific client requests such as quarterly net asset value impacts and reconciliation of portfolio holdings, helping firm to surpass year NAV accuracy goal of 99.70%.
- Senior Investment Accountant at Lionstone Investments
- Senior Financial Analyst at BJ Services
- Senior Accountant at Reverse Mortgage Solutions
- Senior Staff Accountant at Layne Christensen Company
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Accounting, B.S