• Duties include Investment Management of equities and fixed income, and Financial Planning services.
• Successfully obtained required licenses and established an independent state-registered Investment Advisor.
- Registered Investment Advisor at A. Duncan Investment Advisory
- Lead Technical Writer/Editor at Parsons
- Associate Graphics Artist at Parsons
- Printing and Imaging Coordinator at Parsons
3 years at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Began as a Commodity Trading Advisor, Merkow Managed Futures, Inc., to hold my license active while I applied to become a futures exchange. In 2015 the effort failed so I added the Series 65 and the NMLS and transitioned to a registered investment advisor offering more investment opportunities and diversification of both assets and risks.
• Initially Raised $5 million for the "Rare Earth Exchange".
• Wrote the rules and Bylaws for the Exchange. Created 3 futures contracts to be traded on the Exchange: A Rare Earth Metals Index, A Hops Contract, and a Cryptocurrency Index contract.
• Sponsored myself for the Series 65 & NMLS along with my Series 3 the ability to participate in almost any market.
• Offering advice at an hourly rate of $250/hr. and monitor a client's account for $100/month.
• Attempting to become a premier low cost advisor that can optimize the effects of Dodd-Frank and the Fiduciary Rule.
- Investment Advisor at The Investment Philosopher
- Managing Partner at Trade Your Own Money, Inc
- Commodity Broker/Branch Manager/Owner at Merkantile Futures Group, Inc
- Business Development at Nextrade Futures Exchange, Inc
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's Degree - Economics
- Certificate in Risk Management Using Derivatives
NEW YORK, NY - (PREVIOUSLY PHILADELPHIA, PA & CHICAGO, IL) (JULY 2011 - PRESENT)
Hunt Investment Management is an SEC Registered Investment Advisor with over $3.6 billion in AUM
Debt and Equity Investment
• Actively source, underwrite and close subordinated debt positions in multifamily development across the United States for Hunt's Debt Opportunity Fund, separately managed accounts and balance sheet capital
• Subordinate debt positions consist of mezzanine loans, preferred equity and B-Notes investments in stretch senior loans
• Underwritten over $6 billion in gross multifamily development opportunities over the past two years alone
• Actively sourced, underwrite and close new equity investment opportunities in ground up development, value-add and core-plus investments across all asset classes with a specific focus on multifamily use across the United States.
• Underwritten over $3 billion in gross equity investment opportunities over the past two years alone
• Negotiated and structured term sheets, joint venture operating agreements, senior loan agreements, mezzanine loan agreements, co-lender agreements and third party preferred equity agreements.
• Developed all currently used firm underwriting templates to allow for increased accuracy and flexibility
• Provided underwriting and capital structuring support for multiple Public Private Partnership projects Capital Raising/Investor Services
• Develop capital raising materials to help source investment participation alongside firm's investments
• Developed and actively maintain firm's historical investment performance records to show investment, portfolio and firm performance to prospective investors
• Developed the fund model used to support projected returns for firm's Build-to-Core fund
• Reengineered and maintained existing commingled fund model used to estimate current returns and project future returns for a fund with original commitments over $650 million
• Former point of contact for groups Investor Services department with focus on coordinating responses to industry and investor RFPs, surveys, and questionnaires
• Calculated quarterly NCREIF performance returns and benchmarking for firm's funds Asset Management/Reporting
• Actively assist Asset Management in the refinancing and recapitalizing of existing investments
• Managed the implementation of a new firm-wide investment management and asset reporting system, which involved coordinating efforts of asset managers, portfolio managers, fund controllers and acquisition team.
• Incorporated existing and historical investment debt and equity structures into the investment management system; requiring a detailed understanding of joint venture and waterfall structures for both individual investments and individual funds
• Developed the firm's quarterly financial reporting protocol and reports used by Asset and Portfolio Management for purposes of analyzing property and investment performance as well as for regular dissemination to investor clients
- SEC Registered Investment Advisor at HUNT INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
- Senior - Transaction Real Estate Practice at ERNST & YOUNG, LLC
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting and Information Analysis - Accounting and Information Analysis
- Bachelor of Science in Finance - Finance
• Senior advisor for a regulation D 506(c) Private Placement Offering
• Raised over 1 million dollars to capitalize in the emerging stem cell market
• Appointed as a senior advisor based on performance and ranked #1 investment advisor for daily call metrics
- SENIOR INVESTMENT ADVISOR at BIOSCIENCE AMERICA
- TELESALES at Revana
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE at ZEV VODKA
- VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES at AMERICAN INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS
1 year, 1 month at this Job
( A second largest buyside in China and a joint-venture mutual fund between BOC and BlackRock）
2016-2018 Institutional Investment Advisor & Assistant Portfolio Manager
• Drafted investment proposals and prepared models for portfolios valued at $140mm
• Conducted research on individual stocks and monitored positioning of portfolio comprised of 60 bonds valued at $1.5bn
• Coordinated implementation of market expansion and supervised institutional sales team of 20, including holding roadshows, pitching portfolio products, and soliciting investors
• Created monthly reports that provided analysis on financial regulatory trends for 25 portfolio managers and 30 analysts
• Won a $1.5bn mandate for active investment from a city commercial bank, setting a new record in the whole company
• Delivered 2% alpha investment return for products over annualized return of similar funds
- Institutional Investment Advisor & Assistant Portfolio Manager at Bank of China Investment Management
- Client Relationship Manager & Product Manager at Bank of China
2 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Investment Research and Asset Management Immersion
- Master of Finance - Finance
- Bachelor of Financial Engineering - Financial Engineering
Braintree, MA 2001-present
A financial planning and investment management firm.
Registered Investment Advisor
• Founded and grew a wealth management practice from scratch, with a philosophy of "Partner, Plan & Perform", servicing high net worth clientele.
• Provide custom financial planning including strategies for retirement, business, estate, balance sheet management, insurance needs, stock option management and tax considerations.
• Customized portfolio management including investment selection, design and performance measurement.
• Business consulting expertise including start-up entities, financial planning, bank financing, business plans, structured finance and financial and operational management reporting.
• Experience with due diligence and valuation for private equity and venture capital.
• Developed start up business and capital raising plan securing financing for multimillion-dollar projects, including the $6MM Foxboro Sports Center.
• Designed marketing materials and wrote all client and market commentary for target markets clients, prospects and peers on relevant economic and financial issues.
- Registered Investment Advisor at Compass Capital Corporation
- Chartered Financial Analyst/Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch
- Controller, Sales & Marketing Division at EMC Corporation
- Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis at Textron Corporation
18 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Finance - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
Served as volunteer on an Investment Advisor Committee Member to a non-profit that funds awards and grants to local community organizations. Achievements included:
• Reviewed quarterly reports and evaluated the Investment Managers performance versus benchmarks for a foundation with multiple portfolios for a total of $25 Million Assets under Management (AUM).
• Identified risks to portfolios and offered solutions to mitigate or eliminate, while assuring adherence to investment policy guidelines and monitoring progress with investment objectives.
• Provided Investment Advisor recommendation to the Board of Directors resulting from Request for Proposal process, which included interviewing candidates and scoring advisors on an assessment matrix.
- Investment Advisor Committee Member at Hospice Giving Foundation
- Mentor | Guest Lecturer | Advisor at University of California at Santa Cruz
- Risk Manager and Internal Auditor at Product Development Corporation
- Analyst at EDO-RSS
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Arts degree - Management
- Bachelor of Arts degree - Economics and Finance
● District Leader & Investment Advisor Representative for the Akron / Canton Area
● Educating employers & employees thru educational financial seminar events
● Speaking one on one with families to help educate them on proper protection & retirement planning
- District Leader & Investment Advisor Representative at Primerica Financial Services
- Clinical Liaison at Senior Select Home Health Care
- Clinical Educator / Physician & Clinic Territory Manager at Advanced Tissue
- Clinical Educator / Wound Care Specialist / Sales & Marketing at Doyle Medical Services
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- National Wound Care Certification since 2010
- State of Ohio Life Insurance License 2016
- Investment Advisor 2018
- NURSING LICENSE: Ohio License since 1989 • Kentucky License since 2004 (In-active)
Investment / Equity Advisor
- Investment Advisor at Credit Suisse
13 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associate - Finance
- Associate - Finance
Assessed customers' financial situation, investment goals and risk tolerance
• Developed personalized investment strategies based on customer goals
• Provided investment advice that resulted in average 15% gains in portfolio value
- Investment Advisor at Bank of China
- at New Teenager's School
- Student Union Vice President at University of Science and Technology Beijing
- Chief Financial Officer at USTB Official Online Student Portal iBeiKe
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Arts in Applied Economics - Applied Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Financial Engineering - Government Scholar