Investment Analyst with over five years of underwriting experience across multiple asset classes and industry sectors. Initial member of Security Benefit's 60+ person investment team. Proven ability to create solutions, analyze data, and report findings in a clear, concise manner. Strong understanding of credit risk, financial analysis, fixed income, and, portfolio management. WORK & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Security Benefit Life Insurance Company Topeka, Kansas
Investment Analyst December 2013 - Present
➢ Worked directly under the Chief Investment Officer performing fundamental buy-side analysis of investment opportunities, mainly involving esoteric Asset Backed Securities, Commercial Real Estate, Investment Grade Corporate Bonds, and other structured securities.
➢ Defined team's approach to assess risk for both esoteric Asset Backed Securities and Commercial Real Estate.
➢ Reported on $500 million Investment Grade Corporate Bond and $2.1 billion Commercial Real Estate portfolios to executive team and shareholders.
➢ Lead the underwriting process for new primary and secondary issues in both the public and private markets resulting in $500M of originated assets.
➢ Created financial models and financial forecasts for private and public companies in order to perform fundamental analysis, peer analysis, and relative valuation.
➢ Developed various reports and models, such as: internal pricing methodology to value private real estate assets, daily trade activity, strategic asset allocation, track the firm's cash balance, as well as additional ad-hoc assignments.
➢ Provide leadership and review work of less experienced team members when they have been assigned ad-hoc projects.
- Investment Analyst at Security Benefit's
- Commercial Lending Credit Analyst at First State Bank and Trust
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
Investment Analyst and Founder Network Lead
Design and implement startup screening and deal flow management at F50, a co-investment platform focused on startups seeking pre-series A funding.
• Generate and pursue leads for potential investment targets for F50 and match selected startups with F50 investors.
• Manage relationships with founders and plan and execute investment summits for startups and F50 investors.
• Management of two F50 early stage Venture funds with caps of $10M and $50M, respectively.
- Investment Analyst at F50
- RFP Analyst, Business Development at RFP Engine
- Associate, Microsoft Stores Business Solutions at Microsoft Corporation
- Grants and Projects Analyst, Fiscal at Nevada State Health Division
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Economics, Finance and Accounting
- - Business
Investment Analyst on the Small/Mid-cap Absolute Value equity team
• Source investment ideas for our concentrated portfolio of 20-40 names across a broad range of industries including: consumer discretionary, consumer staples, financials, healthcare, industrials, telecommunications, and technology
• Conduct in-depth primary research by cultivating relationships with management teams, industry experts, competitors, customers, suppliers, & other analysts; attending industry conferences & trade shows; visiting companies; and tracking & analyzing relevant industry data & news
• Compose detailed investment memos and build comprehensive excel financial models to evaluate how businesses would perform under a variety of operating conditions
• Author key sections of our client investment letters and webcast presentation
- Investment Analyst at First Pacific Advisors, LLC
- Lead Analyst at Tactica Capital Management
- Equity / Credit Analyst at C12 CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
- Equity Generalist at BARCLAYS CAPITAL
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS - Engineering
• Performed financial statement analysis and portfolio management
• Estimated investment value and developed financial models for project evaluation
• Prepared and distributed investment memorandums to introduce new investment opportunities
• Created an acquisition proposal which included selection, valuation, and market information for a potential stock
- Investment Analyst at George Washington Socially Responsible Investment Fund
- Research Assistant at George Washington University
- Accounting Intern at CWP Consulting
- National Service Police Officer at SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Economics
• Provided support to CFO and Senior Investment Analyst in preparation of financial modeling using Excel
• Prepared the monthly/quarterly cash flow & operating expenses to evaluate investment opportunities or properties
• Reviewed and analyzed leases, documents, financial statements, and ownership agreements
• Prepared monthly financial reports
• Managed daily operation of accounts payable and receivable
• Reconciled monthly bank statements in Quick Books
• Developed and reviewed legal documents and closing statements
• Involved in developing and review process of the annual forms and filings as required.
• Collected monthly rent income and deposit into bank accounts
- Investment Analyst at FEM Commercial Real Estate LLC
- Head Server at Houlihan's Restaurants Inc
1 year at this Job
- Associate - Business
• Presented investment proposals and weekly equity analysis updates.
• Evaluated and analyzed other members' ideas and proposals.
• Made successful stock pitches (BP, AAPL, GOOGL, AMZN, PYPL, TLRY). All stocks were added to the University portfolio
- Investment Analyst at Drew University Investment Fund
- Financial Analyst at Grid Market Research
- Internship Student at Wall Street Semester
- Paid Research Associate at SCSU Department of Economics
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Economics
• Analyze and monitor MassPRIM's $6 billion hedge fund portfolio
• Evaluate hedge fund strategies including Equity L/S, Credit Relative Value, Global Macro and Risk Premia
• Identify suitable opportunities through ratio comparisons, alpha assessment and portfolio construction theories
• Utilize MATLAB to assess hedge fund managers' alpha capability and risk exposures with Alternative Beta tools and reach preliminary investment decisions
• Construct and update the factor data library that facilitates the systematic manager evaluation process
• Assess co-investment opportunities through market analysis and LBO modeling to aid with final decision making by senior management
• Monitor and quarterly rebalance the replication strategy portfolio for timely stock trade execution
• Other topical research: Private Equity Replication Strategy
- Investment Analyst at Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board
- PE/VC Analyst at Ocean Trail Partners
- Equity Research Analyst at Minsheng Securities
6 months at this Job
- Master's - International Economics and Finance
- Exchange Student - Finance
- Bachelor's - Risk Management and International Economics
* Report to the Associate Director, Digital Investment Analyst by overseeing 10 client accounts worth $1M; reconcile $900K weekly * Worked for clients: PANDORA $900K, CHANEL $850K, and MoMA $750K; met their investment needs; trained them how to track behavior through sales cycle * Appointed billing lead for Air Canada, Lufthansa German Air, Swiss Air, Chanel, East Side House, Diageo, MoMA, Linbad, and Pandora accounts; managed $12M+ in billing; researched invoice issues, requested missing invoices, and acted as billing point of contact for all vendors working with ass igned accounts * Meet margin metrics by implementing the optimization of advertising campaigns to create a fluid process to meet KPIs, driving brand awareness, engagement, and traffic, developing strategies and targeted advertisements, and providing counsel to expand digital reach, thereby prov iding all stakeholders with ROIs * Execute full-cycle account management, including managing approvals and billing reconciliations, creating and tracking unpaid weekly repor ts, presenting recap reports, researching for client projects, coordinating meetings, bookkeeping, managing schedules, and creating and analyzing sales and expense reports * Manage campaigns by developing content, monitoring metrics, and reporting; identify target-right influencers for clients and manage relationships * Identify digital trends, news on emerging technologies, and monitor online communities for trending conversations * Work cross-functionally with Human Resources, Client Finance, Planning Associates, Paid Social Associates, and Marketing Science Associates departments * Improved unpaid buys by providing an alternative to what team members of those specific accounts want to view on the report itself
- ASSOCIATE, DIGITAL INVESTMENT ANALYST at Mindshare
- VICE PRESIDENT at INVESTMENT CLUB
- UNDERGRADUATE DATA ANALYST at INVESTMENT CLUB
- BUSINESS STRATEGIST INTERN at Quality for Queens, LLC
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- B.S. in Finance and Operations Management - Finance and Operations Management
• IPO Related: 1) Independently analyzed and presented the IPOs trends of Chinese ADRs during 2016-2018 using data analytics tools 2) Collaborated to finish and polish the presentation materials for HK-US dual listing 3) Update, analyze and summarize typical Special Purpose Acquisition Corporations, alternatives to IPO 4) Estimated pre-IPO value based on early financing and/or SEC filings info for 3 newly filed high-tech companies l
• Investment Potential related: 1) Forecasted pricing trend on raw material of Electric Vehicles combined with supply-demand and macro-analysis 2) Conduct industry and sector research and pro forma statements overview on certain projects in state-of-the-art business models/markets such as gaming, adTech, and develop pitch book l
• Previously in real estate investment: 1) Built ~25 Comp Analyses in Excel on Condo, Office, Multi-family & other asset classes using CompStak etc. 2) Drafted underwriting, financial modeling and One Pager/Pitch Book for $300M commercial building 3) Projected NYC market and investment sentiment, wrote 5 seasonal Project Progress Reports, explained to investors 4) Accomplished regression analysis between property height and the pricing for mid-town NYC luxury condos
- Investment Analyst at KG Fifth Ave Investment Holding LLC
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.S. in Global Finance - Global Finance
- B.S. in International Business - International Business
- Dual Degree - Economics
• Assist in managing portfolio with an outstanding balance in excess of $5 billion, involving trading of fixed income government securities and perform market research for investment of bond proceeds through Bloomberg and other financial data outlets
• Was promoted from Cash Management Analyst to Investment Analyst through demonstrating strong analytical skills and ability to identify sound investment opportunities for HDC
• Communicate daily with brokers to provide them with HDC's investment needs and discuss current market trends
• Prepare bi-weekly and annual investment reports for the COO and other senior management to provide portfolio analysis for determining investment strategies
• Decide on funding sources for loan advances going out in the near future through analyzing which current investments have least value and can be quickly liquidated
• Perform market research for investment of bond proceeds utilizing Bloomberg and other financial data outlets
- Investment Analyst at New York City Housing Development Corporation
- Data Analyst at Leesel Transportation Corporation
- Data Analyst at Manhattan College Student Financial Services
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance