Greater Los Angeles Area, CA
An early-stage venture fund investing in AI, Blockchain and disruptive technology startups.
Investment Associate August 2018 - present
• Created AI and Blockchain sector market maps of key startups and larger companies to assist with diligence & sourcing efforts
• Developed points of views (POVs) on specific verticals. Estimated research to develop comprehensive POVs to help drive our investment theses and sourcing efforts
- Investment Associate at AI List Capital
- Investment Department Intern at Nanjing Zijin Hi-tech Venture Capital Group
- Research Department Intern at
- Equity Capital Market Department Intern at HuaTai Securities Co., Ltd
5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Applied Finance - Applied Finance
•Research industry trends and market, and source high-tech startups for potential investment opportunities
•Prepare documents in Excel, Word and PowerPoint, including meeting memos, investment proposals and memorandums
•Attend Demo Day and startup events, and generate reports
•Organize pitch events and competitions
- Investment Associate at Hanhai Investment Inc
- Investment Analyst at ZGC Capital Corporation
- Investment Analyst Internship at
- Marketing Service Assistant Internship & Accounting Internship at
4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Applied Economics and Finance - Applied Economics and Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Finance - Finance
• Investment Associate for regional brokerage and development firm in the Florida Panhandle * Assist development clients with due diligence, zoning research, site selection/planning, and contract negotiation * Draft and analyze leases on behalf of Tenants and Landlords including: hospitality and entertainment, financial services, medical, professional office, retail, industrial, and GSA * Successful bid of government and defense RFP's on behalf of clients and management of project to deliver on time and on budget * Conduct market research and make recommendations for acquisition and disposition of properties * Strong understanding of all asset classes including, but not limited to: single-family residential, value-add, hospitality, lodging, infill, and mixed-use * Work and communicate with professionals including contractors, bankers, appraisers & architects * Participated in company level developments including, but not limited to: residential, single- tenant retail and asset repositioning * Licensed Florida Real Estate associate
- Investment Associate at NBI Properties, Inc
- Managing Partner at CP Ventures, LLC
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S.B.A - Finance
- - Art
International headquarters of Invengo Information Technology, global leader in RFID technology and solutions
Investment Associate Intern
• Developed APAC and US go-to-market strategies for French textile services business division; prepared teaser and pitch deck for USD 6M financing needs; evaluated and selected law firm for pre-deal capital restructuring involving USD 7.2M; and drafted term sheet to potential Singapore investors after roadshow
• Proposed deal structure and liaised with corporate lawyer in drafting investment memerandom to Hong Kong based private equity fund for USD 60M financing project on library business line
• Analyzed potential equity disposal in South Korea investment through valuation of the business at USD 20M+; followed up on debt to equity conversion and shareholder loan repayment schedule with Korean counterparts
- Investment Associate Intern at INVENGO TECHNOLOGY
- Project Manager (Pre-MBA Internship) at CHINA ORIENT ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Platform Controller at LOUIS DREYFUS COMPANY
- Accountant, WD Media at WESTERN DIGITAL CORPORATION
1 month at this Job
- MBA - Exchange Program
- Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor of Science - Finance and Accounting
I was part of the Real Estate Department, in charge of Sales & Promotion of Projects developed by Bern. Part of my responsibilities as an Investment Associate : -Create business relationships with external Broker Associates to generate Sales. -Implement initiatives along with our marketing dept. to promote new projects and generate leads. -Offer advice to Clients on our different investment options based on their profile and criteria. -Guide them throughout the sales process from selecting the property, closings and post – sales. -Make presentations to large groups of Investors. -File and maintain client information and documentation. -Organize and execute mailings and client communications. -Respond to client's queries on contract status and procedures.
- Real Estate Investment Associate at Empresas Bern
6 years, 5 months at this Job
Develop customized asset allocation strategies and investment solutions for high net worth and ultra high net worth
individuals and institutions.
• Build and maintain quantitative models specific to each client and their underlying exposure by asset class.
• Overlay quantitative metrics with qualitative factors to support manager selection and reallocation process.
• Implement and enhance portfolio asset allocation, risk and performance attribution models.
• Create and produce client specific performance and risk reports.
• Produce market research analysis and reports to reaffirm the team's investment outlook and investment rationale behind portfolio positioning.
• Participate in all Investment Committee meetings communicating complex topics in a digestible manner, including all conclusions drawn from quantitative risk analysis conducted on new investment decisions at hand.
- Investment Associate at ROUNDTABLE INVESTMENT PARTNERS
- Graduate Student Research Assistant at NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
- Quantitative Risk Analyst Intern at SOCIETE GENERALE
- Junior Finance Analyst Intern at GENERAL ELECTRIC MEDICAL SYSTEMS (GEMS)
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- MS in Financial & Risk Engineering - Mathematics & Computational Finance
- MS in Applied Mathematics - Portfolio Management
- MBA - classes
• Head of Investor relations. $1B+ AUM. High Net-Worth Clientele.
• Monitor portfolio investments by participating in regular in-office meetings and quarterly investor conference calls, and attending annual investor meetings.
• Participated in the due diligence process on prospective investment managers in all asset classes including alternative investments. Private Client Investment Associate Dallas, TX
• Portfolio management - Maximize portfolios with the use of fixed income, public equities, indexed ETF's, and mutual funds.
• Mitigate Risk by constructing efficient portfolios, financial planning, and customer due-diligence.
• Support independent compliance evaluations, risk assessments, and treatment strategies for industry regulations including but not limited to the Department of Labor Fiduciary Rule.
• Perform ongoing monitoring, analysis, and reporting of investments as well as the aggregate portfolio.
• Create quarterly and on-demand managed accounts performance reports that illustrate alpha generation, asset allocation, and investment analysis.
• Improved revenue by an average of 20% for each Financial Advisor.
- Investment Associate at JPMorgan Chase and Co
- Dedicated Contact Analyst at Alliance Bernstein
- Financial Service Representative at JPMorgan Chase and Co
3 years at this Job
- Masters of Science in Finance - Financial Analysis and Risk Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
• Review client's statements and profile their risk tolerance: formulate appropriate investment approach to address their needs and follow up with them on a periodic base to address their feedback or concerns.
• Prepare presentation materials and conduct annual 401(k) plan meeting for pension clients. Use this as an opportunity to enroll new participants into a plan.
• Review and make recommendations on WealthEdge Investment models: gather research, executive summaries and presentation materials and directly report to the portfolio strategist.
• Continuously update the Investment Procedure manual and draft new procedures to ensure optimal efficiency within the organization.
• Using portfolio management system, build queries to run analysis on performance and activity data and directly report to the CEO of the firm.
• Act as liaison between accounting team and the investment team, ensuing smooth operational efficiency.
• Assist clients with their ad-hoc requests such as account opening, retitling their trust, contribution and distribution needs, beneficiary change and other client specific requests.
- INVESTMENT ASSOCIATE at WEALTHEDGE ADVISORS
- MUTUAL FUND ANALYST at VALUE LINE PUBLISHING LLC
- RESEARCH INTERN at Brunswick Group
- ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN at EMPIRE WEALTH STRATEGIES
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- B.B.A IN FINANCE AND INVESTMENTS - BUSINESS
· Led investment strategy and planning initiatives for a wealth management team comprised of four Managing Directors with AUM exceeding $3BN · Managed customized investment strategies including strategic and tactical investment portfolios that reflect client’s financial objectives and risk profile · Conducted fundamental, qualitative and quantitative research to analyze investment opportunities for 2,000+ clients · Increased non fee-based team revenue annually by 23% via investment solutions in structured products and alternative investments · Mentored team of five associates overseeing onboarding and setting direction
- Investment Associate at J.P. Morgan Securities
- Client Associate at J.P. Morgan Securities
- Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis at Arrow Electronics
- Summer Analyst at J.P. Morgan Securities
3 years, 6 months at this Job
• Utilize a Bloomberg terminal to manage $350MM fixed income mutual fund (research, trading execution, board reporting)
• Cash management for The Richman Group corporate entities and funds
• Identify investible capital among The Richman Group corporate entities, funds, and properties for investment in mutual fund
- Investment Associate at The Richman Group
- Finance Associate - Investment Engine at Bridgewater Associates
- US Cash Manager at IBM
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Finance - Corporate Finance, Accounting, Derivatives, Fixed Income