Demonstrated comprehensive capabilities analytically and practically as investment manager in extensive private equity
investment solutions, including Equity Investments, Security Exchange Market Investments, Private Placements,
Non-performing Asset, Debt for Equity Swap, Merger and Acquisition, etc., and abilities in identifying, evaluating,
prioritizing, controlling, and minimizing financial risks of projects
• Implemented Sector Specific Fund with government, Pre-IPO Investment, and Periodical Equity Investment projects as innovative businesses for company with a 5% prospective profit increase in the coming year
• Executed due diligence investigations including financial analysis, company valuation, market research, feasibility study, designed trade details, and composed investment reports
• Negotiated key business terms and contract preparation, considered priorities, and make effective decisions
• Managed comprehensive risk monitoring and controls, including risk assessment and risk indicators, proposed solutions and post-investment management
• Motivated interactions with company executives and business leaders in a professional effective manner, developed clients networks, worked close with business partners, agencies, financial institutions, governments, and individuals
• Researched market trends and macro policy, kept updating information by data collection and market research, reserved potential high-quality projects
- Investment Manager at Huarong Yufu Capital
- Retirement Plan Manager at Allied Consultants, Inc
- Event and Marketing Associate at Nakatomi & Associates
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- BA - Economics
- BA - Japanese
Conferred with more than 20 angel investment program leaders through meetings on a regular basis
● Evaluated risk exposure and implied volatility of investment programs with financial and statistical analysis
● Conducted due diligence on target companies to confirm founding team background and ownership structure
● Proofread legal documents to ensure effectiveness, legality and confidentiality of all contracts
● Monitored 3 invested firms' operating status and financial conditions; provided guidance and support for entrepreneurs
- Investment Manager at Skylight Investment Corporation
- China Construction Bank Principal at Asset Management Co., Ltd
- Financial Advisor (Intern) at Noah Holdings Ltd
6 months at this Job
- M.S. - Enterprise Risk Management
- B.S. - Statistics
Global asset manager with more than $500 billion assets under management. Member of the Alternatives division since the acquisition of Arden Asset Management in 2015.
• Co-manage several multi-manager, multi-asset class portfolios with bespoke mandates for clients across the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
• Created and manage a "smart money" best ideas U.S. equity strategy that is running out of sample since 2017 and is designed to be packaged into an ETF for institutional and retail investors.
• Interview, assess, and rank investment managers with an emphasis on U.S. equity long/short strategies.
• Perform fundamental analysis on top portfolio positions and themes to forecast expected risk-adjusted returns. Representative industries analyzed include the electric vehicle ecosystem, quick-serve restaurants, metals and mining, multi-level marketing, cloud computing, MLPs, and oil refiners.
• Developed Excel-based proprietary screening tools to measure equity long/short valuation spreads, global industry relative value, and factor decomposition, in order to quantify multi-asset investment opportunities.
• Analyze and monitor 15 active hedge fund investments across equity, credit, fixed income, commodities, and currencies totaling more than $1 billion. Reevaluate buy, sell, and hold recommendations quarterly.
• Create quarterly top-down research reports on asset classes, regions and industries, making portfolio construction recommendations based on a composite of qualitative and quantitative signals.
• Assess and make allocation recommendations for private equity investment opportunities via third-party investment managers, evaluating industries such as e-commerce in India and wind energy in the U.S.
• Key player in the creation, launch, and oversight of a $1 billion liquid alternative mutual fund (ARDNX). Responsible for identifying, structuring, and managing five sub-advisory accounts aggregating to nearly 40% of the portfolio's NAV.
- Investment Manager at Aberdeen Standard Investments, Inc
- Investment Banking Analyst at Cain Brothers and Company, LLC
- Investment Banking Intern at McGladrey Capital Markets, LLC
- Mechanical Engineering Intern at Air Products and Chemicals, Inc
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Engineering - Management
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
Associate II, Bank Loans - review and verify accuracy of transactions (buy, sell, principal, interest, borrowing) daily - perform monthly reconciliation of lender positions against agent banks - investigate and resolve cash breaks - process restructure/repricing amendment on bank loan securities - monitor and resolve inquiries from custodian banks, client PIMCO(Investment Manager), and agent/broker banks
- State Street Investment Manager Solutions at Bank Loans
- Transactions Processing Analyst at Accenture
- Member Fall2015 at UC Davis Finance and Investment Club
- Research Assistant at
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Managerial Economics
I managed an account by regularly implementing a highly volatile investment strategy, requiring continuous attention, simulation, networking and judgment.
- Investment Manager at Mnemosyne Ventures, LLC
- Teacher at Liberty Raleigh High School
- Adjunct Faculty at Columbus State Community College
- Visiting Assistant Professor at Ohio University
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Mathematics
- Bachelor's - Mathematics
• Initiated company's first off-shore equity investment fund of $15 million by setting up organizational structure, ensuring regulatory compliance, conducting tax planning, and executing transaction, resulting in fund value appreciation of 41.8% in first year
• Conducted valuation analysis, market research and due diligence to facilitate acquisition of European trust advisory firm and private bank jointly valued at $385 million, identifying business synergy to boost company's annual profit by estimate of $32.6 million
• Fulfilled 6 venture capital investments by performing company analysis, negotiating terms and presenting to investment committee, resulting in 11% - 56% annual appreciation
• Led cross-functional teams of 15-25 people from 7 departments to establish and manage global financial products, raising $94 million from 140 new investors
• Designed demand deposit product featuring better liquidity and higher return than peer products, raising $4.6 million during first 2 months and targeting $150 million in long term
• Established overseas investment channel by maintaining government relationship and attaining qualifications, securing foreign exchange quota of $14 million per year
• Refined share-holding structure and rearranged procedure for 4 overseas pre-IPO placements, saving 20% income tax and accelerating transaction process by 1-2 months
- Investment Manager at HANFOR CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO., LTD
- Investment Analyst at HANFOR CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO., LTD
- General Sales & Business Development at FORTUNE PRECISION
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration
- Bachelor's - Business-Economics
Developed and implemented the owner's investment strategy for a portfolio of 10-15 multifamily, condominium, and mixed-use assets with a total capitalization of over $350 million
• Led the underwriting, due diligence, and closing process on Porterdale Mill Lofts, a 160-unit acquisition in Q4 2017. Actively managed the post-closing business plan and monitored above- pro forma investor returns. Current valuation supports a 14% increase in investor equity
• Proposed and implemented a value-add project on an underperforming asset in Tallahassee, FL that enhanced asset value by $2.8 million and increased realized investor returns by 580 bps in IRR with an additional hold period of 18 months
• Identified value creation opportunities for three assets within the portfolio
• Recommended disposition timing to maximize value and executing disposition strategy for  assets in the Southeast
• Prepared and presented capital improvement and value-add project proposals in alignment with owner strategy; oversaw the execution of $11 million in value-add projects across 9 properties.
• Prepared regular asset valuations, business plan updates, and variance analysis for both internal and external reporting
• Developed relationships with equity partners on existing investments and actively communicated status of goals and objectives
• Assisted with pre- and post-closing items, including due diligence related to asset acquisitions, dispositions, and recapitalizations. Led the due diligence and closing process on  acquisitions in 2017-18.
• Led the preparation, analysis, and review of annual business plans and operating and capital budgets within portfolio
• Monitored budget variances, and worked closely with Operations personnel about portfolio results
• Ensured compliance with loan and joint venture covenants
• Promoted from Investment Associate to Investment Manager within 15 months
- Investment Manager at TriBridge Residential
- Investment Associate at Cortland Partners
- Audit Intern at Deloitte LLP
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.A. in Business Administration - Art History
• Meet regularly with investment management firms in order to evaluate available strategies and monitor ongoing firm developments
• Publish research reports, news items, and meeting summaries to Mercer's investment manager database for use by clients and consultants globally
• Complete quarterly market commentaries, manager universe reviews, and other ad hoc projects for senior researchers covering US and non-US equity managers
• Lead the group's coverage of passive equity managers and maintain a rating for each firm covered
• Coordinate monthly ratings review committee meetings and update all subsequent rating changes
- Investment Manager Research Analyst at Mercer
- Investment Consulting Analyst at Mercer
- Pension Fund Analyst at Northern Trust
- Public Finance Intern at Robert W. Baird & Co
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
• Act as primary contact for multiple third-party Investment Managers.
• Monitor failed trade and overdraft reports.
• Monitor and report all exceptions to avoid account servicing losses.
• Act as point of escalation on complex Investment Manager Inquiries.
- Investment Manager Liasion Rep at THE NORTHERN TRUST COMPANY
- Trust Officer / Client Servicing Rep at THE NORTHERN TRUST COMPANY
- Sr. Client Services Rep at THE NORTHERN TRUST COMPANY
- Senior Consultant, Operations and Technolgy at THE NORTHERN TRUST COMPANY
3 years, 2 months at this Job
• Managed deal flow and acquisitions of all UK student accommodation (housing) and multi-family residential investment opportunities, including financial analysis and management of all technical and legal consultants
• Led the asset management of a large mixed used development in Stratford (east London) with a targeted gross development value of circa £130 million: o Managed a team of over 15 design professionals including architects and engineers during the pre-planning application process with the local authority o Played a key role in the successful negotiation of 3 land plots, plus an existing center plot, assembling a total of 387 linear feet of high street frontage; one freehold, previously purchased under the managing partner, was refinanced, one further freehold was completed with a combination of equity and bridge finance, one further freehold exchanged contracts, and one further long leasehold, with the local council, is preparing for an exchange of contracts o Worked closely with the finance team to structure a £14.7 million multi-tranche loan for both site purchases and development costs, fed through the group holding company o Analyzed the potential to implement a micro living / co-living concept which would provide circa 330 small units with generous shared amenity spaces and 30 traditional apartment all for city- dwellers in zone 2 London.
• Led the analysis for the possible acquisition of two student accommodation portfolios each valued at more than £400 million totaling over 10,000 beds in various locations throughout the UK known as The Rose Portfolio and The Enigma Portfolio
• Achieved a £135 million accepted offer and deal exclusivity, and managed the due diligence process for the potential acquisition of a large student accommodation asset in Bloomsbury, London with over 450 student bedrooms known as Woburn Place o Worked closely with the finance team to secure a credit approved terms sheet for debt up to £97 million, or 70% loan to value, with a favorable interest rate
• Evaluated a joint venture student accommodation development project in Nottingham, UK which used off-site volumetric modular construction
- Investment Manager at Apeiron Capital Limited
- Project Manager at PACS Architecture
- Founder and Licensed Real Estate Broker at JDM Real Estate Consulting, Inc
- Real Estate Salesperson at The Corcoran Group
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- MSc - Real Estate
- - Architecture
- Architects Henry Adams Certificate of Merit