Manage a variety of clients (domestic and international) as an Investment Officer. Provide them with an understanding of their investment portfolios in relation to financial markets. Oversee and grow clients wealth. Responsible for $300 million in client assets. -Assistant Vice President, promoted 2015 -Analyze investment data to develop prudent recommendations -Objectively fulfill fiduciary duties on significant relationships -Mentored and coached new investment officers -Advise management of operational inefficiencies -Prepare reports using Excel and FactSet for client review -Regularly volunteer for additional projects
- Investment Officer at PNC Wealth Management
- Co-founder at Volabiliti
- Volunteer - Advisory Chair at WYEP
- Investment Associate at Morgan Stanley
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- MASTER OF ARTS - COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - FINANCE
(Promoted from Investment Analyst to Investment Officer in January 2017)
• Investment Officer responsible for the investment management of the JHU endowment, pension fund, retiree medical benefit trust and University's operating cash. Total office assets under management over $7 billion.
• Generalist investor with extensive experience across markets and geographies in public equity, private equity, growth equity, venture capital, real assets, real estate, hedge funds and distressed debt
• Conduct investment manager due diligence, asset allocation analysis, fund legal term review and negotiation, liquidity analysis, capital markets research, ongoing manager monitoring, secondary sales and other portfolio management tasks
• Presentation of investment proposals and quarterly updates to University's Board of Trustees
- Investment Officer at Johns Hopkins University
- Senior Investment Analyst at Gallagher Fiduciary Advisors (Formerly IFS)
- Financial Institution Services Representative at T. Rowe Price Group, Inc
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration
- Bachelor's - Economics and Management
Chief Investment Officer (CIO) for a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) managing $500 million for 300 clients. “Passive quant” approach and alternative investment strategies achieve above-average returns, with top decile risk-adjusted performance. Highlights: Factor-based investing research (statistical regressions), macroeconomic and valuation models, tax-loss harvesting, ETFs, and innovative “alts.”
- Chief Investment Officer at Armbruster Capital
- CIO and Head of Research at CARAT Capital / CARAT Consulting
- Head of Research and Portfolio Manager at Mt Lucas Management Corporation
- Manager of Investment Consulting at PricewaterhouseCoopers
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- M.S. - Mechanical Engineering
• Lead originating, underwriting, structured financing and documentation efforts for investment opportunities; prepared detailed investment memorandums and presented recommendations to Investment Committee for approval
• Responsibilities included originating and underwriting debt investments for new construction, rehabilitation/preservation and refinancing of mixed-use, multifamily-residential and healthcare projects; structuring complex, non-conventional debt financing using FHA/HUD, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and State Housing Finance Agencies to create investment opportunities, primarily located in New York City, Northern New Jersey and New England, and responsible for understanding and reporting New York City, State and Federal real estate and housing policies and changes as well as Market Research and Capital Markets
• Participated in bi-weekly Investment Committee meetings and reported directly to executive management team
• Successfully originated, underwrote, structured, presented and received Investment Committee approval for, and ultimate investment in, 15 projects, totaling more than $325 million of direct investment, resulting in $1.6 billion of Total Development Costs, which created or preserved 4,176 residential units and more than 500,000 SF of commercial space.
• Originated and worked with investment production group to successfully invest $734 million in over 30 properties creating/preserving more than 15,000 residential units, more than 1,000,000 SF of commercial space with a total development cost of $4.4 billion in the Tri-State Area
• Originated, modeled and underwrote more than 85 potential investments in projects located in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Newark, Jersey City and New Orleans
• Lead Investment Officer in firm's largest investment market, coordinate investor relations with largest investor base and single largest investor; youngest Senior Investment Officer at time of promotion
• Worked directly with developers, banks, housing finance agencies, and other city, state and federal agencies
• Responsible for execution of firm's largest investment initiative: $1 billion over seven years in New York City, my 2018 Pipeline had more than $900 million of originated and potential investments
• Participated in many other investment initiatives, including but not limited to Gulf Coast/Houston Revitalization, Midwest at Work Investment Initiative, Detroit Repair Program and Rebuilding New Orleans Investment Initiative
- Senior Investment Officer at AFL
- CIO Housing Investment Trust at AFL
- A wholly-owned subsidiary of the AFL-CIO Housing Investment Trust, Building America CDE at AFL
- Investment Officer at AFL
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Environmental Studies
• Manage IIC's investments in private equity and mezzanine funds in Latin America and the Caribbean. Responsible for new fund investments and portfolio supervision. Serve as IIC's representative on Advisory Boards and as observer on Investment Committees of multi-sector funds across the region.
• Co-lead equity and mezzanine investments in Financial Institutions and SMEs in the Energy Efficiency, Food & Beverage, and Technology sectors.
• Responsibilities include: prospecting and initial deal sourcing; leading deal teams; performing financial and operational due diligence; developing appropriate financial structures, expected returns, and exit strategies; writing investment proposals and presenting to IIC's Investment Committees and Board of Directors; structuring and negotiating financial terms and agreements; leading documentation process resulting in execution of investments; and establishing and building relationships with co- investors.
• Participated in the creation of Haiti SME Development Fund which co-finances loans with local financial institutions.
• Represent IIC at the Latin American Impact Investment Forum (FLII) and the 2013 Wharton Latin America Private Equity Competition.
- Investment Officer at INTER-AMERICAN INVESTMENT CORPORATION
- Senior Consultant at WHARTON SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
- Fixed Income and Commodities Summer Associate at UBS
- Associate at ZEMI COMMUNICATIONS
9 years, 6 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance & Management
- MA - Political Science
- BA - International Relations
• Provide fiduciary functions on a hedge fund program with assets of ~$3.0 billion for the New York City Retirement System (total plan asset of ~$190 billion)
• Responsible for sourcing hedge fund managers and conducting research and analysis on a $3.5 billion allocation across 2 of 5 New York City Pension Systems
• Sourcing hedge fund managers across all strategies (long/short equity, statistical arbitrage, global macro, event driven, CTAs) in the US, Europe and Asia
• Perform peer-to peer comparisons utilizing qualitative and quantitative tools to ensure best and strongest managers are in portfolio
• Author recommendation memos to present to chief investment officer, investment committee and to the trustee boards for final approval
• Ongoing assessment of invested managers to ensure that strategy objectives and goals are met throughout investment tenure via meetings and conference calls
• Assisted in the legal negotiations and documentation with General Counsel's office for all hedge fund deals
• Coordinating cash movements with cash team, custodian and hedge fund administrator for all subscriptions, redemptions and expense invoicing
• Attend industry conferences and relevant capital introductions events to supplement knowledge of new launches and key industry developments New York City Office of the Comptroller Director of Private Markets
• Responsible for sourcing private equity managers and conducting research and analysis on a $15 billion allocation across all 5 New York City Pension Systems
• Authored due diligence reports with financial analysis that resulted in over $5.3 billion of new private equity investment activity
• Provided monthly internal management reporting to the CIO on performance, and monitoring for over 160+ relationships
• Evaluated new private equity market sectors, and assisted the Trustees in assessing their appropriateness for New York City's investment
• Interacted with legal counsel in over 85+ new deals with a monetary value of $8.5 billion
• Grew AUM from 2007-2008 by over 20% by investing in Corporate Finance, Distressed, Clean-tech and Infrastructure asset classes
• Attended and participated in private equity annual fund meetings where appropriate
- Investment Officer at New York City Office of the Comptroller
- Investment Team Manager at J.P. MORGAN CHASE
- Director of Marketing at TOPAQ, INC
- Consultant at MASTERCARD INTERNATIONAL
12 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
• Preparation of monthly/quarterly investment portfolio reports for Asset/Liability Management.
• Managed fixed income investment portfolio of $350-$550 MM which included sales, purchase of security trades, calls, corporate actions and monthly payments of principal and interest.
• Preparation of Quarterly Municipal and Corporate Bond Analysis.
• Reviewed and prepared Quarterly Interbank Liability reports of correspondent banks.
• Managed liquidity to meet short-term cash requirement and collateral concentrations limits for covering margin exposures.
• Managed wire-transfer function of the bank; reviewed all incoming/outgoing transfers, including foreign exchanges, monitored wire frauds and money laundering.
• Led the successful identification and implementation of a new wire exchange systems that improved the capabilities and security of the bank's money transfer which led to significant cost savings and increased productivity.
• Served as a member of Rate Committee and contributed to various rate changes decisions; prepared deposit reports and performed comparison of bank's interest rates with peer banks on various products for the Rate Committee.
• Coordinated with Marketing Director in proposing deposit and loan rate changes.
• Analyzing funding sources including Federal Home Loan Bank, Institutional and brokered CD's based on a bank's balance sheet position.
• Ensured compliance with overall bank's covenants, finance/treasury policies/guidelines, internal controls, business continuity, and regulatory requirements.
• Worked closely with internal and external audit firms on wire transfers and investments audits.
- Investment Officer at ROYAL BANCSHARES of PENNSYLVANIA
- at ROYAL BANCSHARES of PENNSYLVANIA
- Portfolio Manager at ROYAL BANCSHARES of PENNSYLVANIA
- Treasury Analyst at ROYAL BANCSHARES of PENNSYLVANIA
6 years at this Job
- BS - Finance
- BS - Economics
• Inspired and directed support staff building a positive work environment to foster efficiency and ensure accurate one-time completion of tasks.
• Unified clerical staff, administrative staff, and management creating a cohesive and productive team within a deadline-oriented environment.
• Coordinated fundraising events that raised $15 million - $250 million.
• Reconstructed on-site documentation procedures significantly improving circulation and decreasing loss prevention.
• Accelerated access to critical information by creating a highly effective archiving system including, quick indexing and offsite records storage. Work Duties
• Resolved client and employee conflicts.
• Hired and terminated investment analyst, clerical staff, and administrative Staff.
• Completed paperwork for new, resigning, and retiring employees.
• Maintained employee personnel records to ensure legal compliance.
• Authorized payroll using, “Kronos Workforce Dimensions D5 Platform”, explained and administered compensation benefits in adherence to labor union contract terms and conditions.
• Supervised and trained clerical staff and administrative staff in Yale University’s shipping application, “eShip Global Ship”, Yale University’s reimbursement software, “Oracle Expense Reports Application”, and Yale University’s policies and procedures.
• Managed Accounts Payable utilizing Yale University’s financial management application, “Oracle Peoplesoft General Ledger Application”.
• Prepared expense reports using, “Oracle Expense Reports Application” in accordance with “IRS Exempt Organizations: Compensation of Officers Policy”.
• Controlled hardcopy and electronic document management: cataloged in “Code Red, Inc. Research Management Workspace System”, on-site filing, and archiving documents to ensure they were stored in a confidential manner.
• Experienced with “Iron Mountain” for retrieval and storing of documents.
• Kept inventory records of office supplies and books to improve on-shelf availability.
• Handled Yale University’s confidential information in daily communications.
• Co-Authored and edited memos for Yale University’s Investment Committee meeting materials.
• Coordinated and executed major fundraising events: “Takahashi-Sharp Family Scholarship Fund” raised $250 million for Yale University’s financial aid; “Salovey Swensen Extravaganza” raised $15 million to support local community-based activities.
• Forged and sustained meaningful relationships with targeted high-level finance executives and donors.
• Planned book signings.
• Processed purchase orders, requisitions, invoices, and set up vendors using, “Oracle E-Business Suite Advanced Procurement”.
• Monitored and upgraded office equipment.
• Performed heavy outlook management for planning in-person meetings, teleconferences, video conferences, and monitoring emails.
• Fielded calls and greeted visitors.
• Made Travel arrangements and provided support for Yale University’s Chief Investment Officer.
- Executive Administrative Assistant to Chief Investment Officer at Yale University Investments Office
18 years at this Job
- High school - General High School Curriculum
• Portfolio manager of all-cap global investment portfolios in developed and emerging markets
• Flagship Value Composite outperformed benchmark 9.21% vs 7.76% per annum from 2012-2018
• Research global value/special situations investments to generate unique and differentiated ideas
• Presenter at investment conferences including MOI Best Ideas, MOI Wide Moat and GuruFocus
• Proven marketing experience cultivating high net worth (HNW) relationships
• Conducted M&A due diligence and negotiation to acquire investment advisors
• Research report on Chimera Investment selected as semifinalist at Ira Sohn Conference in 2013
- Chief Investment Officer at Aquitania Capital Management
- Consulting Analyst at
- Vice President - Senior Analyst at First Pacific Advisors
- Portfolio Manager at Family Office
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance and Strategy
- Bachelor of Business Administration - (BBA), Finance, Investments and Banking
Downers Grove, IL, Total Assets $2.2 Billion
Vice President Controller, Investment Officer, and Secretary to the Board
• Guided, motivated, and trained accounting staff of five employees.
• Analyzed technical accounting issues for proper treatment with GAAP.
• Created year-end financial statements, assembled annual budget, and reviewed regulatory filings (call report).
• Managed $1.0 billion investment portfolio to maximize earnings and minimize interest rate risk.
• Built and managed the cash flow forecasting process.
• Oversaw the accounts payable function for cost savings opportunities.
• Decreased annual costs $200,000 by consolidating vendors and reducing staff requirements with improved processes.
• Coordinated with external auditors and regulators.
• Organized Board of Directors packages and documented minutes for monthly Board of Director meetings.
• Exceeded performance expectations for all three years.
- Vice President Controller, Investment Officer, and Secretary to the Board at West Suburban Bank
- Vice President Chief Financial Officer at A.J. Smith Federal Savings Bank
- Manager, Financial Institutions Group at Crowe Horwath LLP
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Accountancy - Accountancy
- Bachelor of Accountancy - Accountancy