IT Architect Nu Skin Enterprises, Provo, Utah Architect Corporate Disaster Recovery (DR) for $2.6B corporate data center; Conducted DR exercises across multiple departments as required; Assisted international IT departments with their local Disaster Recovery planning efforts; Directed 34 TB of weekly corporate data backups with copies on-site, remote-site, and AWS cloud. Worked regularly with multiple vendors for contracted service purchases, and license renewals. Expert with Veritas NetBackup, Cohesity, Domain Name Registrations (.TLD and ccTLD) Python LINUX
- IT Architect at Nu Skin Enterprises,
- Senior Technical Operations Manager at Nu Skin Enterprises
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
- Associated Degree - Certified Business Resiliency IT Professional
* Computer Support Center product that associates applications to servers, servers to support groups, and applications to support groups. This was an existing system, but I, and the other support programmer, have modified it to interface with the Net paging system and HP ITO (OVO). CSC value adds contact information to OVO events and provides suppression of OVO events based upon planned outages. After the conversion to Tivoli, it can now display resource models and log file adapters by managed endpoint server.
* Added Tivoli reports for other Tivoli support personnel to track changes to the Tivoli framework.
* Co-architect for the HP ITO (OVO) conversion to Tivoli. This was a 9 month project from start to finish. The architecture defined the event management message attributes and the process flow from end point to the Tivoli TEC through gateways. We included the Tivoli State Correlation Engine in the design to offload the TEC. This spread a good portion of the event workload across the 15+ Tivoli gateway servers. I was the principle designer, programmer, and implementer of the SCE xml file and the custom JAVA actions. The Tivoli State Correlation Engine has allowed the off-loading of event management from the Tivoli TEC. The SCE does most of the paging and dynamic event suppression. It also can send events directly to a History database.
* Developed a common event format for the classification and filtering of all heterogeneous system alarms.
* Architect of Qwest's Enterprise Event Administration process.
* Defined the standards naming convention for all objects being managed by Qwest's Enterprise Event Management system. The names help identify the component files required by each managed host. These consist of files and tables such as log files, raw event trace files, unmatched event collection, node identification tables, pattern match tables and console configuration information.
* Designed a console access model such that operators can select an outstanding event and launch a console based on the event context.
* Member of a two-person architecture team that authored a continuous improvement plan to better manage Qwest's IT infrastructure.
* Moved to the Tools Architecture team. Our goals are:
1. Develop Enterprise Systems Management Architecture Model for the Qwest account.
2. Tools Consolidation - Eliminate duplicate tools.
3. Tools Exploitation - Expand use and scope of currently deployed tools.
4. Develop Service Catalog.
5. Tools Life Cycle Management.
6. Drive change.
I implemented a Web site that helps manage some of the work above.
• Tracks tool assessments
• 1st version of our Service Catalog
• Documents team role/goals and team member's role.
• Documents our Intake process for those services not part of Steady State. 2012-present I have continued to work on my JAVA skills in retirement. I created a system I call Amalgamation. Multi-processing tasks that retrieve data from multiple sources and combine them into a file for further processing.
• Tcpip task
• log reading task
• tasks that take support ssh
• Driven by a monitoring task that gets input from an xml file.
• Monitors xml file for changes and changes make up of tasks
• Monitors xml file to change parameters of existing tasks. Created a system that encrypts files present on local and network files.
• Encrypt and decrypt any file.
• Uses multi-stage encrypted database to keep track of encrypted files and passkeys.
• Includes task to send encrypted emails.
• Tasks to maintain the multi-stage encrypted database. (backup, merge, provide maintenance of database. Objective To obtain a part-time or contract position which challenges my experience.
- IT/Architect at IBM Global Services
- Staff Info Systems Engineer at
- Systems Analyst at
- Analyst at
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Information Systems
- - Electrical Engineering
- - General Engineering
Worked with numerous high-profile, top-tier clients in Lead IT architect, project manager and resilience consultant roles. Successfully executed and delivered on data center design/build/migration projects, IT strategy workshops, IT resilience and availability assessments, IT recovery solution designs and implementations, IT remediation roadmaps and project plans, disaster recovery planning and technical procedure development, recovery exercise planning and executions and post reporting and remediation, business continuity planning and tabletop executions. Note: See IBM Assignment resume addendum for more information
- IT Architect and Resilience Consultant at IBM Corporation
- Adjunct Assistant Professor at IBM Corporation
- Director of Server Engineering at Priceline.com
- Multiple Positions at Philip Morris International Corporation
12 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Administration and Information Systems
· Leader of Solution Engineering team of 50 DevOps engineers for over 5 years to execute and deliver dozens of apps, services and vendor-based solutions using agile and DevOps techniques. · Inspired, led and working hands-on with 20 engineers to implement Spinnaker for Multi-Cloud CD 2.0 for transforming 1000 monolith applications to Cloud-Native applications hosted on Openshift & OpenStack, GCP and AWS. · Architect and hands-on rollout of CI/CD pipeline to accelerate code delivery by measured 27x, accelerating the productivity of 4000+ IT engineers and productivity cost savings in millions. · Key contributor of roadmap and balancing lean CTB and RTB planning budgets for over 10M budget. · Guiding hiring of technical/engineering resources balancing both strong technical and EQ skill sets. · Design and delivered CD Governance Engine (CDGE) to leverage CD Analytics foundational event data to automate and accelerate Quality, Compliance and Security Gating within CI/CD pipeline, reducing context switching and manual efforts over 60% and whilst reducing operating risks. · Ushered in new IT service metric Value-to-Velocity to measure the rate of outcome success for all lines of business delivery teams, leveraging DevOps methods, processes & technologies. · Member of 5-person team that built Cisco CITEIS IaaS private cloud, accelerating the virtualization for over 2500+ IT applications with 10000+ VM’s. · Negotiate vendor contracts, pricing from EMC, NetApp, Dell, IBM, VMware & Redhat $100K-$2M+. · Key Systems Architect / Leader to operate Linksys.com 65+ servers co-located at AT&T Tier1 Internet DC, massively personalized dynamic websites servicing millions hits/day & 50M consumers. · As Data Center manager oversaw team of 14 admins/engineers operations over 500 servers within on-prem & AT&T Internet co-lo location. · Leverage Akamai to increase Agile PLM productivity by 10x+ between China & USA, productivity cycle time down reduced from weeks to days/hours. · Architect B2B messaging exchange integrated to Sterling Commerce pushing $1.4Bn transactions.
- Senior IT Architect at Cisco Systems, Inc
- at Cisco Systems, Inc
- System Architect at
- Program Manager, Infrastructure Architecture & Planning at
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science (HONS) - Computing Systems
- Higher National Diploma - Computer Studies
Airline operational applications
• Infrastructure Architect for systems handling booking, seating, pilot ground systems communication services, and other web-based applications. Focus on providing SaaS via VMware, Microsoft, and Linux platforms, supporting DXC industry applications.
- IT Architect at DXC Technology Company, VA
- IT Architect at Mindteck
- Sr. System Administrator/Global IT Technical Lead at Eastman Kodak Company
- Chief Technology Officer at New York Solutions Group, Inc
9 months at this Job
• Aligned IT strategic directions, roadmaps to enterprise business strategy and objectives for the following applications/systems: o Actuary & Underwriting (developed in-house) o Sales (Siebel [large & mid-market], IST [individual & small group, developed in-house]) o Medical Management
• Medical Authorization (MARS, developed in-house)
• Pharmacy Authorization (PAOS, developed in-house)
• Case Management (HP Atlantes)
• Appeals & Grievances (MAGIC, developed in-house)
• Clinical Decision Support (CDS, developed in-house)
• Led strategic & mission critical projects impacting topline and bottom line growth
• Managed and led diverse & cross-functional (IT & business) teams and outsource vendors (application & infrastructure)
• Worked hands on, on Proof-of-Concepts (POC) & critical projects
• Identified opportunities for improving efficiency and quality of service through streamlining, cost reduction through system consolidation and resource reduction
• Conducted RFI, RFP, and POC for vendor and product selection in collaboration with fellow architects, analyst, business, and vendor management team
• Conducted product, vendor (software & services) industry trend research utilizing analysts' reports from Gartner & Forrester
• Collaborated with business to devise solutions encompassing the enterprise
• Set architectural & technological directions for projects in collaboration with application, infrastructure, and security architects, taking short & long term goals, value proposition, cost, SOX & HIPAA and other regulatory & compliance requirements in consideration
• Provided technical assistance & guidance to application architects & technical leads when necessary
- IT Architect at Health Net Inc
- Senior Software Engineer at Moviebeam, Buena Vista Datacasting, Walt Disney
- Senior Programmer at Elkay Plastics Co., Inc
- Senior Programmer at Ascar Business Systems
12 years, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate in Corporate
- Bachelor of Science - Dhaka Bishwabidyalaya
➢ Part of core solutioning team of the client - gathering business requirements, participating in user experience workshops, planning SFDC application enhancements, solution designing and execution planning, designing data integration, discussing industry trends & upcoming technologies, advising IT solutions to eliminate pain areas and do better data analytics, performing tools/technology evaluation, coordinating with different vendors and teams for various project activities, assisting with end user trainings etc.
➢ Development, Design and Testing of Force.com CRM applications - Veeva CRM, Call Center, Meeting Management, Customer Surveys and Patient Connect
➢ Service Cloud implementation for Global Customer Connect. Implementation of Live Agent, Service management console, CLI integration.
➢ Implementation of various support processes (Cases, Console, email-to-case, web-to-case, warm call transfer, live agent etc.)
➢ Configuration & Customization of SFDC applications for various business requirements (Custom Objects, Custom Tabs, Customer screens, User Profiles, Field Level Security, User Roles, Pick lists, Page layouts, Record Types, Permission Sets, Sharing Rules, Custom Links and Settings etc.)
➢ Developing custom functionalities (for different business requirements) using Apex Classes, Methods, Triggers, Visual Force pages and other Force.com platform components
➢ Design and Development of data interfaces between SFDC applications and other on premise/on cloud applications (batch and real time both). Designing ETL maps in Informatica Power Center and Informatica Cloud for data transfer between Salesforce and other applications
➢ Developing Reports and Dashboards in Veeva CRM for different categories of users
➢ Performing proof of concepts for different requirements
➢ Resolution of day to day operational issues of end users in different CRM applications (data, access, approval processes, functionality related issues)
➢ Implemented new functionalities/features of Veeva CRM for different countries
➢ Project planning and coordination with offshore team for various project deliveries Environment: Force.com, Salesforce, Exacttarget, Veeva Vault, Informatica Power Center, Informatica Cloud, Oracle
- IT-Architect at Eli Lilly and Company
- VMware Sr Cloud Engineer at Virtustream
- Sr. VMware Consultant at EMC
- Sr. Virtualization Consultant-VMware at Honeywell
10 months at this Job
- B.Tech - Engineering
A leading integrated retailer with full-line and specialty retail stores across the United States.
IT Architect (2011 - 2018)
Analyzed and developed IT application solutions to business needs in three separate processing systems that produced high value-added client deliverables to reduce costs and help create company profitability. Oversaw changes to the item database support system as a subject matter expert to ensure the integrity of the system while meeting the needs of the business clients.
• Developed and coded changes to the Channel of Distribution system to allow the Sears system functionality to be absorbed into the Kmart functionality to streamline item processing saving $5.4M per year.
• Analyzed and redesigned item purge process including 46 program and job elements to allow new data configurations to be passed thru system for rapid reuse of item ids for the Sears merchandising system allowing more products to be brought online to increase sales.
• Modified Tivoli Workload Scheduler job runs to accommodate increased flow of data in the purge system resulting in a shorter run time and decreased contention which reduced the mainframe usage cost by $5k per month.
• Converted a java batch program from an IBM ClearCase Hibernate style to a Subversion Spring framework and integrated new logic to service a new vendor's needs decreasing operating costs by $2k per month.
• Worked with infrastructure group to switch Linux programs from using outdated servers to cloud computing servers to increase stability of system and reduce costs by $100k per year of licensing outdated hardware.
• Provided daily support for multiple systems by troubleshooting issues and providing clients with answers to requests to keep new item updates flowing to increase product sales so new products can continue to be merchandised and increase company profitability.
• Mentored an offshore team on issues that needed SME help and monitored changes to ensure that all updates to the system were acceptable and profitable.
- IT Architect at Kmart Corporation
- Lead Systems Engineer at
- Systems Engineer at
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - (BBA), Computer Information Systems
- Associate of Science - (AS), Accountancy
Planned, designed IT infrastructure and purchased equipment and software for medical clinic.
● Installed and configured equipment, network and software consisting of multiple computers, faxes, scanners, printers, monitors etc.
● Developed applications for business data storage, management and reports.
● Provided ongoing training and technical support to staff.
● Installed, maintained including third party software for EPIC EMR, ECG, ABI, PFT tests. Technology: C++, SQL Server, VB, PL/SQL Platforms: Windows
- IT Architect/Developer at Sanctum Medical
- IT Consultant/Database/Software Lead Developer at Telus - Markham
- Software Developer at GE Power Management
- Software Developer at GE Power Management
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor - Computer Science
Order and track all internet services for new stores including POTs, T1, Broadband, and Ethernet from cradle to the date the store opens. Primary point of contact for all vendors.
- IT Architect at TEKsystems
- Project Manager for State Farm and Home Depot at AT&T
- Order Specialist-Call Center, Customer Service Representative at LTD Commodities LLC
- Sr Specialist – Network Support at AT&T
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Associate - Electronics