• As an IT Architect responsible for Analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of billing software for Telecom client.
• Responsible for creating technical designs and architecture for billing microservice transformation from monolithic application and all future new functionality.
• Responsible for identifying robust tools for various methodology and techniques such as Event Store, Service registry, Service discovery, CD/CI, database for polyglot persistence, Containers, for various services and their implementation.
• Identify integration techniques, such as, API gateways, for service registry, throttling, management, orchestration, choreography etc.
• Collaborates with cross-functional roles to communicate and align development efforts with Architecture Roadmap
• Provide development and implementation for architecture design concepts. Provide training related to project as well as technology involved.
• Define domain boundaries, API functionality, and data structure to promote clean separation of responsibility in SOA / microservices environment.
• Help identify coding patterns and anti-patterns and enforce implementation of the patterns through code reviews.
• Coordinate with the team and develop code to meet the requirement. Promotes improvements in DevOps, including version control, continuous integration, project build and test automation, to maximize developer efficiency.
• Manage interaction between various team in the micro service development and keep the dependencies to bare minimum
• Performs root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes to define architecture supporting high-quality resilient software
• Responsible to lead and manage complete Delivery and reporting.
• Discussing with AT&T and IBM to resolve the critical design or architecture issues during testing and after the deployment in production.
• Help break down, estimate, and provide just-in-time design for small increments of work.
• Responsible for release planning Status Reporting Risk, issue identification and mitigation.
• Key project handled so far is migration of Vertex taxing in microservice architecture.
• Future project which is currently working on Internet of Things (IoT) connected car usage and Non-usage billing. Which will be seeking to leverage existing architectural patterns (e.g. GM/OnStar/VF in Europe) to align with IBM and AT&T's collaborative micro-service strategy. Key Technologies: SpringBoot, REST APIs, Java 1.8, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL. Kibana, Grafana, Jenkins, Pipeline, Postman. Team Environment: 15 to 20 (Developers + Testers)
- IT Architect at IBM India Pvt. Ltd
- Team Lead/IT Specialist at IBM India Pvt. Ltd
- at Developers + Testers
- Application Developer at IBM India Pvt. Ltd
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Telecommunication Engineering
• Led strategic & mission critical projects impacting topline and bottom line growth
• Managed and led diverse & cross-functional (IT & business) teams and outsource vendors (application & infrastructure)
• Worked hands on, on Proof-of-Concepts (POC) & critical projects
• Identified opportunities for improving efficiency and quality of service through streamlining, cost reduction through system consolidation and resource reduction
• Conducted RFI, RFP, and POC for vendor and product selection in collaboration with fellow architects, analyst, business, and vendor management team
• Conducted product, vendor (software & services) industry trend research utilizing analysts' reports from Gartner & Forrester
• Collaborated with business to devise solutions encompassing the enterprise
• Set architectural & technological directions for projects in collaboration with application, infrastructure, and security architects, taking short & long term goals, value proposition, cost, SOX & HIPAA and other regulatory & compliance requirements in consideration
• Provided technical assistance & guidance to application architects & technical leads when necessary
• Aligned IT strategic directions, roadmaps to enterprise business strategy and objectives for the following applications/systems: o Actuary & Underwriting (developed in-house) o Sales (Siebel [large & mid-market], IST [individual & small group, developed in-house]) o Medical Management
• Medical Authorization (MARS, developed in-house)
• Pharmacy Authorization (PAOS, developed in-house)
• Case Management (HP Atlantes)
• Appeals & Grievances (MAGIC, developed in-house)
• Clinical Decision Support (CDS, developed in-house) Example of a Completed Project (Proof-of Concept): Reduce Hospital Readmit Rate POC Project
• Led a 6-person team consisting of architects
• Team consisted of (excluding myself): o Two (2) data architects o One (1) Attunity architect o One (1) OpenVMS architect, and o One (1) data warehouse architect
• The objective of the proof-of-concept (POC) was to process notes & comments about members from various applications (customer services, membership, medical management, claims, appeals & grievances, etc.) to identify opportunities to provide additional cares to the insured members. This was a win-win situation: members would get better care & Health Net would save fixed hospital readmit cost per member per readmit incident.
• My Area of Concentration was: o Natural Language Processing (NLP)
• Developed Rule Based Text Normalization framework to normalize inconsistent short-hand/abbreviated text to standard English (Health Net customer service, membership, etc., teams use various & inconsistent shorthand to enter notes in the system )
• Developed solution to extract the following information from textual notes:
• Caller/phone number
• Relationship of the caller to the subscriber/member ♦ ♦ ♦ 9042 Kara Cir, Riverside, CA ♦ (818) 640-5487 (cell) ♦ ♦ ♦
•Dissatisfaction level by sentiment analysis o Inconsistency between doctors discharge notes & patients notes gathered by a nurse
• call transfer, escalation, and count o Built the task server (components: Web UI, Task Runner, Task Server, Task monitor) for business users so that they can self-service GATE-analysis job submission to Hadoop cluster through a web browser.
• Technology under POC was: o GATE (General Architecture for Text Processing) for Natural Language Processing (NLP)
• Other Technologies used o Angular for Web UI, Tomcat for Web application o Hadoop (Hive, Zookeeper, HBase, Sqoop, Pig, Oozie) for data processing o Attunity - for accessing data from OpenVMS using JDBC Example of a Completed Project (Agile Model): MSP (Medicare Secondary Payer) Project
• Led a 16-person team as a Scrum Master consisting of architects, developers, business analysts, and business users
• Educated the team in agile methodology (SCRUM)
• Created project plan, budget & obtained funding with assistance from my management
• Identified required resources & acquired the resources from other internal teams and from third-party vendors through my management
• Led the architects from different teams [OpenVMS, Informatica, EDI, OWD (Operational Data Warehouse, KBase (Knowledge Base), EFT (Electronic File Transfer) ] to build an integrated solution
• Coordinated with Health Net (HN) compliance, HN Information Security, HN QA, Cognizant (CTS) production support, and IBM (infrastructure) team for release testing and deployment
• Did little hands on work:
• Wrote EDI file splitter program in Java that can logically split EDI file @ 1GB/minute for parallel processing to speed up the process to meet the SLA with CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) Example of a Completed Project (Waterfall Model): MBARC (Membership, Billing, Accounts Receivable, and Commissions) Project
• Led a 26-person team o Five (5) architects directly reported to me o Four (4) developers reporting to each of the architects
• Led the creation of the following architectures: o Application architecture o Data architecture o Integration architecture o Deployment architecture
• Led the development of the following strategies: o Application Strategy o Data Strategy o Integration Strategy o Phasing/Release Strategy
• Led the team through the RFI, RFP processes to select the following software: o ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) o BPM (Business Process Management) Engine o BRE (Business Rules Engine) ♦ ♦ ♦ 9042 Kara Cir, Riverside, CA ♦ (818) 640-5487 (cell) ♦ ♦ ♦
• Standardized the followings in collaboration with my team, the analysts team, and the IBM team o Coding standard o Development process, including required and optional artifacts to be generated o Build tools o Use-case review and approval process o Mock-up review and approval process o Coding and Testing review and approval process (Design, build, test)
• Collaborated with IBM engagement manager in creation of the following: o Onshore/Offshore communication and escalation protocol and procedures o Onshore/Offshore development workflow
• Collaborated with Health Net's Strategic Sourcing team to obtain hardware and software quotes from the vendors
- IT Architect at Health Net Inc
- Senior Software Engineer at Moviebeam, Buena Vista Datacasting, Walt Disney
- Senior Programmer at Elkay Plastics Co., Inc
- Senior Programmer at Ascar Business Systems
12 years, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate in Corporate
- Bachelor of Science - Dhaka Bishwabidyalaya
• Primary architect for the Digital Asset Management system in the private Cloud for the internal creative studio.
• Analyzed applications and developed plans for migration from internal private Cloud and physical hardware to public Cloud options, such as AWS.
• Project manager and lead architect for migration of legacy accounting and procurement applications from aging hardware and middleware onto modern supportable platforms in the private Cloud, mentoring developers on the required software changes.
• Externalization of applications leveraging Tivoli Access Manager and web portals located in the DMZ.
• Primary subject matter expert and mentor for transitioning level 2 support responsibilities for legacy systems to third-party and offshore support vendor.
- IT Architect at Sears Holdings Corporation
- Lead Systems Engineer at Sears Holdings Corporation
- Application Specialist at Sears Holdings Corporation
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
- AS - Computer Science
• Evaluated Cloud Platforms (Oracle, AWS, Azure) and prepared recommendations for Sr. Management regarding the best choices for application workloads based upon pricing and technical features.
• Developed practices for database developers to meet the challenges of integrating database changes into a DevOps CI/CD pipeline.
• Technical lead and architect for Oracle EBS upgrade from r12.1 to r12.2 that involved a full re-implementation, data migration to merge two EBS systems, and RAC database installation. Guided the selection of hardware and storage solutions for both Application Tiers and Database. Acted as a consultant to over 100 programmers and analysts located on three different continents.
• Technical Lead and Architect for migration of corporate data warehouse to the Oracle Exadata platform. Conducted performance evaluations for pre-purchase proto-type thereof. Specified the system configuration for Exadata installation. Responsible for migrating data to the new platform. Consulted with the programming team to implement new approaches for ETL processing to optimize the new platform
• Migrated over 40 production databases from stand-alone servers to Oracle RAC. Collaborated with the UNIX Administration team to specify appropriate server, networking and storage hardware. Utilized Oracle Resource Manager and instance caging to insure SLAs are met for all databases in the cluster. Revised backup strategy utilizing RMAN to replace shadow-image storage level backups. Utilized Oracle SQL Performance Analyzer and Real Application Testing to verify database performance on the RAC platform prior to migration.
• Implemented OEM Grid Control to manage over 1,400 targets. Created customized monitoring and corrective actions to proactively identify and correct most issues before they cause interruption to the business. Utilized notification rules to deliver alerts to the appropriate "in-the-sun" DBA to insure around-the-clock prompt attention while preserving quality of life for DBA team members.
• Implemented an on-premise cloud strategy for Oracle databases using virtualized servers, automated database provisioning, and chargeback systems to allocate costs to the business based upon database utilization.
• Implemented Data Domain for Oracle RMAN backups. Utilized DDboost to improve backup/restore performance. Utilized deduplication technology to reduce the storage footprint to allow 30-day retention of online backups without increasing storage capacity.
• Implemented Oracle Stretch RAC to provide on-site Disaster Recovery for critical databases.
• Eliminated downtime for firmware, operating system, and database patching by utilizing Solaris OVM live migrations and Oracle RAC rolling patch mechanisms.
• Developed technology roadmaps for Oracle database and E-Business Suite to insure the platforms are maintained and upgraded according to best practices.
• Speaker at the Collaborate18 OAUG conference.
• Completed AWS Solutions Architect certification.
- IT Architect at National Instruments
- Sr. Oracle DBA at National Instruments
- IT Manager, Unix Administration Team at National Instruments
- IT Manager, Applications Development at National Instruments
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Information Systems
- Bachelor's - Horticulture
Played team lead role in managing a portfolio of applications supporting IT and Engineering functions. The projects involved divestiture/separation of applications from parent company with building like to like environments in the new organization by working with cross-functional teams like network, infrastructure, database and firewall. After one year of separation we had to move data centers that where originally part of the parent company and moved to third party cloud infrastructure provider using a lift and shift methodology for all our applications. While all this was happening, enhancements and upgrades to applications were made delivering incremental business value to the organization. More recently I played a lead role in the project migrating the Single sign-on platform from Symantec VIP Access manager to Microsoft Azure Active Directory. This involved migrating 70+ cloud-based SaaS applications and on-premise applications and implementation of Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication.
- IT Architect at Veritas Technologies, LLC
- IT Architect at Symantec, Corporation
- Technical Analyst at Veritas Technologies, LLC
- Sr. Software Engineer at SalesMatix Inc
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- B. S. in Computer Science - Computer Science
Transformed IT Architecture Strategy across multiple organization tiers as technology leader to support The University of Colorado Health's transformation into the premier Healthcare System in Colorado. Architected new security standards, capacity planning, virtualization and a project cost model. Communicated with all levels of the organization to ensure IT was providing a service and not becoming a cost-center or a bottleneck.
• Lead architect providing strategic guidance to directors, vice presidents and C-level on technology, budget and staffing initiatives.
• Manage and mentor a technical team of 15 engineers.
• Via M&A activity facilitated the standardization of architecture for network, compute and storage across three geographically and culturally unique organizations.
• Led the creation of a private cloud strategy positioning our organization to provide inpatient (hospital), outpatient (clinical sites) and cloud services to other healthcare organizations not directly sharing our balance sheet (MSO).
• Decreased the turnaround for new project infrastructure builds or changes on existing applications from weeks to hours.
• Introduced a project cost estimator in excel by compiling a list of previous projects and costs and extrapolating it against an averaged Cloud charge back model.
• Provide technical, strategic and financial expertise in matters such as software implementations, new hospitals, data centers, virtual desktops and networks.
- IT Architect at University of Colorado Health
- Systems Engineer III at Scripps Networks Interactive
- Senior Systems Administrator at United Agri Products, Inc
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Software Engineering
•Responsible for performing network analysis and design for all in-house developed systems, vendor supplied and supported systems, and systems purchased as software as a service (SaaS) for both the Michigan State Police(MSP) and the Department of Military Veteran Affairs (DMVA).
•Responsible for configuration, and security design of internally developed and vendor supplied IT systems.
- IT Architect at State of Michigan
- Adjunct Instructor at Davenport University
- Information Systems Operations Director at Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital
- Lead Technical Security Specialist at The Dow Chemical Company
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master's of Science - Information Assurance (Security)
- Bachelor - Biometric/Information Assurance (Security)
Manage processes to ensure that requirements and proper oversight of resource to ensure support and quality management practices. Develop, maintain, and report the project schedule. Engage in regular status updates regarding performance. Maintain Network management: assume integration with commercial provider and local NASA network/comm Functions Hands on support for deployment of network equipment, configurations and system deployment to support live applications. Responsible for Application management (licenses, upgrades, box loads, security scans. Peripheral support - Laptops, printers, projectors, etc. IT Configurations / Administration Process development projects management in JIRA Help Desk Support Generic Data Management support Support file management in Windchill Project Link Support system upgrades and maintenance requirements Digital Asset Management (DAM) configurations, user set. Setup and maintain distributed processing system (Condor, Torque, ) Up, data storage management and transfers Servigistics assessment - test data development & set-up Set up VTC and secure communications between SNC & NASA sites. Install and configure Backup software management and disaster-recovery policies and procedures company wide Install and monitor battery backups corporate and satellite sites Develop and maintain (keep current) all information system certification / accreditation documentation in accordance with mandated policies Develop procedures for responding to security incidents and investigating and reporting security violations and incidents as appropriate
- IT Architect at Serra Nevada Corporation
- Director of Technical Services at Arcbold Medical Center
- IT Services Manager at AllPoints -Corporate Office
- IT Specialist Lead at AllPoints -Michoud Assembly Facility
2 months at this Job
- - Networking Services Technology
Responsible for technology business solutions for clients. I worked with clients to address their technology required to make them successful. This included designing and implementing networks, wireless networks, VPNs, cloud initiatives and phone systems for the client. Some of the highlights included:
• Deployment of complex mesh VPN networks using Meraki SD-WAN.
• Set up and administration of customers on Azure and Office 365.
• Set up of off-site backups using AWS.
• Security audits of financial institutions using Nessus.
• Replacement of legacy phone systems with VoIP systems from Cisco. I also provided high-level support for various customers' support staff: provided costs and budgets for projects and operations.
- IT Architect at NEXT Consulting
- Administrator, Network Operations at Spilman Thomas & Battle
- Director of Information Technology at GCS
- IT Manager at Transcore
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Information Technology
Managing ERP and QA projects as IT Manager/Architect for Enterprise Systems engineering for Gap using PeopleSoft HCM. Involved in upgrading HCM 9.1 to 9.2, Interface design and development, Security Audit and enhancement projects. Involved in implementing Affordable Care Act (ACA) project, BCP and Learning interfaces. Tools: PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 and 9.2, Java, Oracle, Jira, CAWA and QC
- IT Architect at Gap Inc
- Freelance Consultant at RTSYS Inc
- Project Manager at KPMG
- Project Manager at CSC and Organic Inc
7 years at this Job
- Masters - Computer Science