• Financial Institutions
• Wealth Management /Asset Management
• Retail Systems Experience
• MS Access
• Oracle Financials * Performed integrated audits within Financial Institutions Internal audit group, and validate corrective action plans within Financial Institutions. * Performed audit of entitlements, segregation of duties, interfaces data validation, and vendor management as it related to traded derivatives operations * Performed operational audits and integrated audits within Global Wealth Management and Asset Management groups * Conducted technical, integrated and financial applications audits in a global client server environment for the purpose of documenting and evaluating the adequacy of systems and internal control environments. * Performed IT Audits of ERP systems, including Pre-Implementation Reviews of Oracle Financials. * Provided IT Audit consulting services to several financial services companies, including large banks and insurance companies (clients included Prudential, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, BNY Mellon, AXA Financials, ABN Amro, and AMTrust). * Provided IT SOX consulting services and SAS70/SSAE16 consulting services on several engagements. * Reviewed key controls and data validation controls and interfaces of a data warehouse for the 2nd largest bank in Japan, and for a large privately owned bank. * Participated in the development and support of automated audit tools that are used to automate audits and SSAE16 engagements. * Reviewed policies and procedures and performed risk assessment of IT Security for clothing & apparel, and Jewelry and accessory design companies. * Identified Internet vulnerabilities which facilitated three separate open points of entry to key critical systems ($3 billion exposure) * Uncovered perpetrated fraud of over $10 million using forensic auditing techniques. Employment History Experis Finance IT Risk Advisory Services Professional Citigroup /RHI IT Audit Manger Grant Thornton LLP Senior Associate Independent Consulting IT SOX Professional SMBC Vice President eDelta Consulting Senior Consultant Primedia, Inc. IT Audit Manager PriceWaterhouseCoopers, LLP Senior Associate Hertz, Herson & Co., LLP Supervising Senior Auditor
- IT Audit Manager at Experis
at this Job
- BS - Accounting
Performing annual audits of Cybersecurity Risk program
● Leading/ performing Enterprise Information Technology Risk Assessments
● Leading/ performing Information Technology/ Financial Audits for US / Canada operating units
● Researching Hybrid Cloud Security and Cloud HIP (Hybrid Independent Platform) Security
● Researching AWS IaaS Cloud (Solutions Architect, Advanced Networking, SysOps Administration)
● Supervising staff performing SOX IT General Control audits for nine lines of business
● Leading IT audit team and IT risk/ compliance team in developing IT controls based on IT Audit best practice frameworks: CSA CCM (Cloud Control Matrix), ISACA COBIT 4.1, IIA Global Technology Audit Guides
- IT Audit Manager at KAR Auction Services
- Technology, Financial, Compliance Auditor at American Express
- Government Cost Accountant at TriWest Healthcare Alliance Corp
- US Eng at HNTB Corporation
12 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.A. - Political Science
Managed all IT SOX and operational audits and assessments while supporting all financial SOX and business process audits and assessments as the company's only IT Audit Manager.
● Maintained quality, efficiency, and timeliness of SOX work as the scope of systems increased from 10 to over 40 systems from 2013 to 2019.
● Decreased SOX audit hours and increased operational audit hours by evaluating and analyzing over 30 business and IT process areas including process flow diagrams, process narratives, and risk and control matrices.
● Tested, evaluated, and acted as a trusted advisor on over 30 system upgrades, conversions and implementations, including Oracle, Hyperion, Workday, Red Prairie, and Siebel.
● Transitioned the review and evaluation of service organization control reports from Internal Audit to business process owners by creating and maintaining the company's service organization control reports training and evaluation template.
● Acted as the company's service organization control reports subject matter expert and creator and instructor of multiple service organization control reports trainings.
● Created project methodology templates and checklists implemented by the company to manage project governance, data conversion and migration activities, 3rd party vendor management, and IT security and controls.
● Acted as a risk and control advisor and independently evaluated and tested the project governance, integration activities, and data migration of the Big Heart Pet Brands and Ainsworth Pet Nutrition companies.
● Coached and supported the career development and ongoing performance of 3-5 senior and associate auditors annually.
● Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of the GRC and audit documentation tools Wdesk, TeamMate and MKinsight.
● Managed and coordinated the oversight and work review of the 30 auditors of the Internal Audit department's co-sourcing partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers.
● Managed and coordinated the oversight, direct assistance testing, and reliance testing of the company's team of 25 external auditors, EY.
● Lead a team responsible for rebuilding and insourcing the Internal Audit department while growing the team of four to 16.
● Advised and communicated audit deficiencies, enterprise risks, and continuous risk management improvements to executives and senior management during IS Risk Council, SOX Oversight Committee, and Controls Committee meetings. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M7PByauRoKqu29c9De172M7S68k2jPY2P3-Zg5JJVPw/edit 1/2
- IT Audit Manager at The J. M. Smucker Company
- IT Audit Manager at ERNST AND YOUNG
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- BSBA - Management Information Systems
Deputy Executive Director of the Office of Technology and Special Audits
• Serve as Acting-Manager of the IT audit staff (4 employees)
• Oversee the IT portion of CAFR and SSWAK audits and contribute to the risk assessment phase
• Facilitate the integration of the IT and financial portions of the audit into one process
• Write special reports to drive attention to public statistical data about programs or agencies
Deputy Executive Director of the Office of Technology and Special Audits
- IT Audit Manager at KY Auditor of Public Accounts
- Owner at Andrew Schachtner Accounting
- Chief of Staff at Kentucky Department for Local Government
- Controller at HEAR in America
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accountancy
• Develop and propose plans to change current audit processes, currently working on: ◦ Audit Framework ◦ Planning and scoping risk based audits ◦ Scheduling ◦ Revamping planning approach and audit report
• Plan, scope, and execute IT audits, currently worked on IT General Computer Controls audits for 1 international location, and one E-Commerce audit.
- IT Audit Manager at Costco, Seattle
- IT Audit Manager / Amazon, Seattle at
- Global IT Audit Manager / Covidien at
- Internal Audit Manager at PwC
5 months at this Job
- Post-Graduate Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- IT Audit Manager at Auditor of the State of Ohio
- Information Systems Auditor I, II, III at Auditor of State of Ohio
16 years, 6 months at this Job
- Certificate - Computer Security
- B.B.A. - Accounting
Responsible for the management of day-to-day IT audits for all Ahold Delhaize US operations which includes the following:
• Chair an international team of auditors responsible for the development and execution of an integrated data analytics program for use in global and continental audits.
• Responsible for the management, guidance, training and career development of several senior level IT auditors across multiple locations.
• Manage and oversee audit teams for multiple concurrent high profile audits.
• Regularly converse with senior level and executive level management to ensure that the audit team is kept abreast of current and emerging risks to the organization.
• Provide value added recommendation through our reporting mechanism with visibility at the Audit Committee level.
- IT Audit Manager at Ahold Delhaize
- IT Audit Supervisor at Koninklijke Ahold N.V
- Senior IT Auditor at
- Senior IT Auditor at Metro Bank
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters of Science - Computer Information Systems
- Bachelors of Science - Accounting and Management Information Systems
- IT Audit Manager at Hussmann
- IT Auditor at Lumeris/Essence Healthcare
- Operations Control Analyst / Auditor at Stifel, Nicholaus & Company, Inc
- Senior IT Auditor at Brown Smith Wallace
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- BSBA - Accounting
Engagement Management - Meeting with Clients to determine IT Assurance Needs - Planning the Scope of the IT Assurance Engagement - Mobilizing IT assurance resources to deliver services. - Engaging and providing field work support when required - Monitoring the performance and progress of services being delivered and collaborating with team and client to resolve problems which may arise. - Performing quality reviews of work performed - Delivering final product to client - Raised final bills for clients. Training and Resource Development - Lead departmental recruitment drives at the University of the West Indies - Interviewing and formally ranking candidates for hire - Internal department Training in ITGCs, CAATs - ACL, Systems Implementation Assurance, AS/400 and Database Platform Reviews - Delivered ACL Training to the Institute of Internal Auditors and at major banking and institutions Highlights of Technical Work Performed - SAP ITGCs Review - Pre and Post Implementation for Insurance Firm's main business software - SOX Readiness Review for ITGCs and Revenue and Receivables Processes at major energy provider - Developed Scripts for analyzing Loans and Deposits at Financial Institutions, - Developed Scripts to support Premium analysis for Insurance Firms - Developed Script for the analysis Loans utilizing the Add-on (Effective Interest Rate) method of computation.
- IT Audit Manager at PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Senior Associate II - IT Auditor at PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- IT Audit Senior at Ernst & Young
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- MSc. - International Business & Entrepreneurship
- BSc. - Computer Science & Management
- IT Audit Manager at Grant Thornton LLP
- at Grant Thornton LLP
- Senior Associate at Grant Thornton LLP
- Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Advisory
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Engineering & Technology