Reporting to the Senior IT Audit Manager, my primary responsibility is to deliver information technology and integrated internal audits for Janus Henderson Investors (JHI) across the globe. Additional responsibilities include maintenance of the IT Audit Universe and participation in the annual Audit Planning process. Key Achievements:
• Became the team ACL / Data Analytics Champion for the US
• Completed ACL Certified Data Analyst Level 1 -3
• Delivered a data analytics knowledge sharing presentation to the team
• Delivered multiple team integration tasks to harmonize the Internal Audit team post-merger
• Established relationships with senior management
- IT Audit Manager at Janus Henderson Investors
- IT Audit Manager at North American Region, Computershare
- Director IT Governance and Compliance Services at Coalfire Systems, Inc.
- IT Audit Manager at EMEA Region, Computershare
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Management of Information Technology
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Managed the execution of IT infrastructure and technology services audits (Identity and Access Management, Change Management, IT Asset Management, Help Desk, Outsourced (SunGard) Data Centers, DR/BCP and Cybersecurity) for the US and Canada. ❖ Coordinated the Issues Management process for all open IT internal and regulatory (DFS including those impacting Regulation 23NYCRR 500) issues. Met with the CTO, CIO and CISO weekly to discuss open issue status and remediation plans. Verified that client provided artifacts were sufficient to close issues and assisted in updating status reports to the CEO and Audit Committee. ❖ Interim co-manager (6/16-8/17) for all US/Canadian financial, operational and compliance (OFAC) audits. ❖ Prepared and updated annual IT Audit risk assessment and audit plans. ❖ Co-managed the implementation of Audit's data analytics program utilizing ACL.
- Lead IT Audit Manager at American Stock Transfer and Trust Co
- Independent Contractor / Senior Consultant at PMO ORM/SOX
- Risk Advisory Services Senior Consultant at Jefferson Wells
- at Robert Half
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Information Technology
• Lead portions of the overall audit risk assessment and short - term / long - term internal IT audit plan
• Facilitate planning the audits and determine audit scope and audit approach for assigned technology inventory based on the risk assessments and control framework
• Review all audit evidence, audit reports and remediation plans for assigned technology inventory, work with management to finalize issues, report content and remediation plans
• Lead advisory projects to improve technology environments and processes, identification of emerging risks, and make recommendations to improve the control design and operating effectiveness / efficiency or comply with company policies and legal / regulatory requirements
• Demonstrate and apply a clear understanding of audit methodologies and control framework in supporting SOX / MAR / FDICIA / SSAE 16 / STAT audits
• Develop and maintain a collaborative, value - added relationship with all team members supporting 19 assigned technologies and interact at all levels within the parent and sub organizations; support QA for remaining 213 technologies
• Assist team members from your assigned inventory with control education and interpretation
• Assist internal and external audit firms with understanding day to day operating procedures within assigned inventory environments and ensure test approach matches
• Review policy and procedural updates as well as operating evidence and assess for compliance to defined controls
• Maintain documentation on assigned inventory indicating current compliance model and maturity in place as well as open remediation plans and recommendations
- IT Audit Manager at Optum Technologies/UnitedHealth Group, Telecommute
- Senior IT Project Consultant at IT Audit Security CKE
- Senior IT Project Analyst/IT Application Planner at Primary intake contact for Financial Systems Group
- Business Services/Capital Finance Portfolio Management Analyst at
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters - Business Analytics and Project Management
n Reports to the Head of Information Technology Audit with responsibility for assisting in developing annual risk based IT Audit plan, prepare IT Audit budget, create and maintain audit program and lead and assign audits. n Responsible for managing company’s Global IT cybersecurity and infrastructure audits projects (Mainframe, Database, Operating Systems, Mid range and Network), from audit planning phase to reporting, and subsequent audit deficiency follow-up processes in support of the company’s annual audit plan, n Responsible for planning and managing Global ITGC SOX audit, reviewing audit workpapers and providing testing directions to both internal and outsourced audit resources (staff auditors and seniors). n Responsible for managing the company’s third-party cyber risk audits, identify issues and/or control gaps, and work with vendor business owners and strategic sourcing team to determine acceptable remediation action plan. n Provided leadership and guidance related to cyber risks and controls to Internal Audit department and other partners and peers within the organization. n Tracked, evaluated, and summarized IT control deficiencies to provide senior management with regular updates on the IT control environment. n Developed interdepartmental relationships to improve management’s visibility into IT risk and control environment. n Project managed and led the successful deployment of audit effectiveness tool within time and budget. (TeamMate EWP, IDEA analytics).
- IT Audit Manager at MoneyGram International
- IT Audit Manager at CG Global Management Solutions
- Senior Supervisor - IT Audit and Quality Assurance at Central Bank of Nigeria, Abuja Nigeria
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.Sc - Computer Science
- Certification - Cybersecurity
• Plan, manage and execute application audits.
• Analyze and provide risk assessment for the control environment of the area being audited.
• Provide formal presentations to Senior Business and Technology Management designed to gain support by effectively communicating the objectives, the initial evaluation and the findings and recommendations. Key Accomplishments/Projects:
• North America Compliance IT Systems Audit
• Payment IT Systems Audit
- IT Audit Manager, Vice President at BNP Paribas
- Team Leader, Senior IT Auditor - Asset Management at AIG
- Vice President - Investment Banking - IT Audit at JPMorgan Chase
- Assistant Vice President, Senior IT Auditor at Deutsche Bank
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Financial Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Computer Information Systems
• Plan, manage and report on annual information security audits such as: internal/external penetration testing, social engineering, credit card tokenization, sales order and fraud response and cyber security incident response analysis.
• Advise stakeholders to ensure timely and consistent implementation of controls and business process enhancements.
• Design updates and implement changes to the SOX IT program, processes and IT General Controls.
• Manage third party (co-sourced) Internal Audit team to ensure completion of SOX IT General Controls testing.
• Coordinate and interface with external auditors to facilitate the delivery and analysis of audit information and results.
• Participate in the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) processes in support of the audit planning process.
• Collaborate with IT, Enterprise Information Management (EIM), Information Security and Legal to develop and implement enterprise Information Security policies and procedures.
- IT Audit Manager at CDW
- IT Compliance and Controls Manager at BRUNSWICK CORPORATION
- IT SOX Program Manager at ABBOTT LABORATORIES
- IT Project Manager, Quality System Compliance at ABBOTT LABORATORIES
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
• Performing Cybersecurity Risk Analysis/ Cybersecurity Auditing
• Providing Enterprise Information Technology Risk Assessments
• Performing Information Technology/ Financial Audits for US / Canada operating units
• Researching Hybrid Cloud Security and Cloud HIP (Hybrid Independent Platform) Security
• Researching AWS IaaS Cloud (Solutions Architect, Advanced Networking, SysOps Administration)
• Supervising staff performing SOX IT General Control audits
• Using CSA CCM (Cloud Control Matrix) for Cybersecurity/ IT audit planning
- IT Audit Manager at KAR Auction Services
- Technology, Financial, Compliance Auditor at American Express
- Government Cost Accountant at TriWest Healthcare Alliance Corp
- US Eng/Arch at HNTB Corporation
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. Accounting courses major to sit and passed the CPA exam - Political Science-Major (Russian and Latin American Area Studies; Economics-Minor
• Responsible for the creation, maintenance, and execution of the annual Information Technology and Information Security audit plan.
• Responsible for leading and execution of the annual risk assessment process for the Information Technology, Information Security, and operational lines of businesses
• Responsible for the creation of the annual Information Technology and Information Security audit plan.
• Responsible for the successful simultaneous management of various information technology, information security, infrastructure, and operational audits of varying complexity to ensure completion of work efforts within stated timelines and budgeted hours, the execution of quality work papers, and the successful delivery of audit reports to management.
• Managed and oversaw a team of IT and Operational Audit managers, and their respective direct reports, to track timing and status of projects and to ensure team members received appropriate support from their managers.
• Oversaw the management and execution of Information Technology General Controls (ITGC) testing for the bank, once reassigned from the external auditors and contractors.
• Responsible for the clear communication of results from audit projects through updates and final audit reports.
• Responsible for the timely review of work papers to provide appropriate feedback to the project teams. Work Experience (cont'd)
• Manage and facilitate ongoing relationships with various lines of business executives to increase the standing of Internal Audit within the company as well as to maintain a successful continuous monitoring approach to ensure appropriate coverage of the audit plan.
• Responsible for the coaching and mentoring of Internal Audit staff as to assist in their growth in the role and career progression.
- Senior Internal IT Audit Manager at TIAA
- Internal I.T. Audit Manager at Black Knight Financial
- Sr. I.T. Internal Auditor at Black Knight Financial
- I.T. Internal Auditor III at Black Knight Financial
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management
- Associate of Arts
• Interviewed, managed, and developed a team of eight full time employees and numerous short-term contractors to execute on-time annual plan.
• Developed three of eight team members to promote to the next level between June 2017-October 2018.
• Conducted business process documentation and risk and issue identification for over 30 Information Technology auditable entities.
• Actively managed a budget of $1M and 15,000 hours annually. Finished under budget in 2017, and projected under budget in 2018.
• Responsible for quality execution and review of audit work with a proven track record of strong ratings from internal quality reviews, as well as industry regulatory reviews.
• Established as a trusted advisor for business units to identify risks, and provide feedback and regulatory perspective on ongoing projects, initiatives, and committees.
- IT Audit Manager at First Republic Bank
- Risk Assurance Experienced Associate at Pricewaterhouse Coopers
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
• Developed Cybersecurity standards, competencies and processes of the Cyber and Information Security Audit Function within ABB.
• Assist in the development and analysis of key metrics to identify trends in ABB IT and Information Security.
• Establish strong relationships with senior ABB IT and Cybersecurity leadership, related control groups and business auditors.
• Share knowledge, techniques, and toolsets with colleagues within the team to build Cybersecurity proficiency in the Audit team.
• Ensure timely preparation of all engagement deliverables, including risk assessments, IT security reconnaissance and audit work program development.
• Analyze existing and proposed Cybersecurity legislation, regulatory announcements and industry best practices to determine gaps and impacts to the Cybersecurity program.
- CYBER SECURITY AND IT AUDIT MANAGER at ABB INC
- CYBER SECURITY ASSESSOR FOR MARITIME CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE at UNITED STATES COAST GUARD
- LIEUTENANT COMMANDER - CYBER SECURITY ASSESSOR AND TRAINING MANAGER at UNITED STATES COAST GUARD
- LIEUTENANT - EXECUTIVE OFFICER at UNITED STATES COAST GUARD
1 year at this Job
- Master of Science - Government Information Leadership and Critical Infrastructure Management
- Master of Science - Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Management