• Senior IT Infrastructure Architect responsible for the design and implementation of various Linux and Windows based Architectures in IBM Cloud. Also Responsible for designing and implementing the MS SQL Infrastructure.
• Senior IT Architect for IBM's New Global Active Directory Infrastructure.
• Senior Lead Architect for IBM's Mail Gateway project in IBM Cloud, providing guidance and mentoring to a Global team of IT Infrastructure Architects and System administrators, while designing and building a new Global Collaboration infrastructure for IBM. Project budget is $ 8 Million / yr. and involves over 1000 Servers.
• Coaches and Mentors a Worldwide Team of Infrastructure Architects and System Administrators.
• Manages vendor relationships and vendor resources. Technical interface for AWS and Azure.
• Designed and implemented Linux based Identity infrastructure for IBM GNA.
• Senior Architect for IBM's Lift and Shift project, providing design and implementation of IT Identity and backup services, while providing guidance and mentoring to over 40 Linux system administrators worldwide.
• Designed and implemented Tivoli (Linux) based Enterprise backup solution in IBM Cloud for GNA (saving IBM over $ 2 Million dollars per year in cost).
- Senior IT Infrastructure Architect at IBM Corporation
- IT Infrastructure Architect at IBM Corporation
- Lead Systems Engineer at Piedmont Natural Gas
- Senior Architect at 3D Information Technology inc
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Information Systems - Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems - Information Systems
client: Department of Labor
As an infrastructure architect, I am a part of the team which managed the entire IT infrastructure
lifecycle to include requirement analysis, solution design, project planning and execution, monitoring,
audits, license management, vendor relationship management and assisting senior IT leaders to make
effective technology driven decisions. In this role, I am responsible to:
• Evaluate emerging technologies in virtual and cloud infrastructure, conduct proof of concept with the vendors to conceptualize and experiment with alternative approaches, validate the architecture against the business requirements and recommend target architecture.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in legacy systems, provide recommendations to upgrade using cutting-edge technologies and open source solutions.
• Assess infrastructure requirements while collaborating with the business stakeholders, solutions / application architects, security and operations teams, translate those into technical specifications and operational requirements, and ensure that the infrastructure can meet the business needs.
• Baseline infrastructure capacity, utilization and performance to analyze, redesign and implement new architecture, which can meet the growth and performance guidelines.
• Design, document and implement reliable, scalable, secure and high available infrastructure solutions.
• Plan and deliver complex infrastructure projects using agile methodology to break down complex deliverables into easily manageable tasks and prioritize tasks for rapid deployment.
• Provide support for newly deployed infrastructure solutions in production environment during hardware, OS and application software upgrade cycles.
• Support multi-year transition programs of application migration from legacy to emerging and open source platforms across multiple agencies in DOL which includes providing support and training to the operations team. | 4 E-mail: [email protected] Phone: +1 (703) 307-6256
• Provide training to operations team during transition from legacy to modern and emerging target architecture including cloud, IaaS/PaaS platforms and DevOps pipeline.
• Define, document and implement standard operating procedures and best practices for the entire infrastructure eco system in collaboration with operations, development and security teams.
• Coordinate with security and operations teams to ensure implementation of security policies and procedures as per federal mandates and industry best practices for infrastructure and production support.
• Conduct infrastructure audit to assess performance and availability criteria as well as architectural integrity and consistency across development, test and production systems.
• Collaborate with data center support team for data center optimization/consolidation and P2V migration.
• Collaborate with operations team to analyze and troubleshoot performance as well as other complex situations.
• Coordinate with internal and external auditors for federal security compliance reviews.
• Monitor license / subscription usage for VMware, Red Hat, IBM servers and software, and coordinate with procurement team for renewal / additional purchases.
- Sr. IT Infrastructure Architect at Idexcel Inc
- Sr. Data Architect at Idexcel Inc
- Sr. Database Integration Specialist at Panacea Consulting at Department of Labor
- Software Specialist at IBM India Ltd
11 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master - Computer Applications
IT/Infrastructure-Architect Windows 10 migration, IT Infrastructure, integrations, development, Databases/DBA, Linux, WebSphere, New Ehealth system, Insurance System projects.
- Freelancer at Swedbank
- EA, Cloud Infrastructure Architect at Capgemini Sverige AB
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect at Capgemini Sverige AB
- IT Infrastructure Architect/SQL-Server DBA at Trimma AB
1 month at this Job
Mr. Loftus is an honest, pleasant, and friendly person who earns respect with demonstrated integrity. He is a leader with vision, who works hard for success, and does not give up when difficulty is encountered. Please review these bullets and consider Mr. Loftus for your team. Allow Tim to amaze you. Thank you. * Utilizing extensive experience, Tim has proven himself an expert at uncovering needs, designing, deploying and operating IT network infrastructures for global, Fortune 500 companies. Tim has published his methods in ‘Success Strategies for Technology Management’. Experience managing the global network infrastructure at Liz Claiborne and advising IBM and Avaya clients have provided Tim the broad experience required to understand the high-level functionality of complex, technical IT infrastructures. * Certification and real-world practice with ITIL v3 methods gives Tim the knowledge necessary for implementing processes and procedures effectively to create a more efficient and dependable IT service. * Infrastructure solutions require fresh ideas. Execution often proves much more challenging. As an Architect and Project Manager, Tim has mastered these skills many times over. A high quantity of activities, timelines, and people need to be managed effectively to achieve success. The skills of comprehending the grand impact of projects, managing people to success, and communicating with constituents are critical and have been proven again and again by Tim. * Tim is certified by Dale Carnegie training for Frontline Leadership and has successfully managed technical staffs, effectively turning around unhappy, isolated, unproductive service groups and project units into happy and productive teams – including several repeat circumstances at different companies – Always maintaining a positive, motivating outlook people enjoy working around. Leaders greatly appreciate his services. Engineers outside his management have consistently requested membership on his teams. Tim is an inspirational leader. * Tim has successfully managed multi-million-dollar Cap-ex and Op-ex budgets in the IT areas of data networks, voice networks, global messaging, file servers and more. He understands IT Service Management. * Tim possesses a vast amount of experience managing multiple, large, global projects with multi-million-dollar budgets that have included PBX, LAN, WAN and server deployments, enterprise application deployments, telecommunications services, deployment of regional dial plans, support team process, disaster recovery testing, etc. Most projects are completed ahead of schedule and under-budget. * Tim has extensive education and experience with IBM-GS for fact finding and solution development. * Through negotiations and competitive bidding, Tim obtains the best solutions and best prices to keep IT costs as low as possible. At Liz Claiborne Tim cut annual OPEX by $1M while improving service levels. * Tim has closely examined different IT infrastructures and support organizations at dozens of Fortune 500 corporations in a wide range of business verticals. He has also interviewed many IT managers, business leaders and executives for data gathering while functioning as an IT Architect for IBM-GS, creating quality IT solutions that empowered business. * Tim has created and presented many large-scale solutions and technical documents to executives while representing IBM-GS as an Advisory IT Architect, reducing costs while improving business processes. * Working with large Fortune 500 Avaya customers, Tim has developed modern communication solutions and designed systems in various sizes and levels of manageability. These solutions utilized advanced technologies. * Tim possesses global experience gained working in Asia (Hong Kong, Indonesia), Europe (UK, Netherlands, Hungary), Latin America (Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, Puerto Rico), and North America (New York City, San Francisco, Kansas, Tulsa, Toronto, more); experiences that have globalized his views. * Tim has demonstrated an inexorable ability to surmount challenges and achieve success. References at all levels (technicians to CEOs) will support these claims.
- IT Infrastructure Analyst/Consultant at FREE KNOWLEDGE NETWORK, LLC
- Telecommunications Analyst at AVAYA
- IT Infrastructure Architect at IBM GLOBAL SERVICES
- Global Network Infrastructure Director at LIZ CLAIBORNE INC
9 years, 11 months at this Job
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Project/Program Manager for Infrastructure and Remediation Projects
• Maintained Project deliverables, timelines, resource allocations, and costs extensively utilizing Microsoft Project and training received while employed at IBM
• Team lead for "Tiger Team" responsible for all Network, Storage, Compute and Migration activities and functions
• Work with Senior VP's and other Senior Executives in the evaluation and portfolio analysis of acquired IT Infrastructure Datacenter Migration and Optimization Hands on Engineer and Architect for Virtualization, Compute Environment (Windows), and Storage (all Vendors Storage hardware)
- Consultant - Infrastructure Project Manager / Senior IT Architect at Iconic Solutions
- Director - Enterprise Infrastructure Consulting - Cognizant Infrastructure Services at Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Technical Solutions Manager at IBM Global Business Services
- Manager, Systems Engineering at Mohawk Industries
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- BS, in Computer Science - Computer Science
Safran Seats USA (formerly Zodiac Aerospace, now a division of Safran Group) Jan. 2018 - February 2019
An international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Manager of IT Infrastructure, Dallas, Tx. Area
Lead a team of engineers in the architecture, implementation and management of cloud, datacenter, network, and end user technologies for the Zodiac Seats US business unit that designs and builds commercial airline seats. Collaborate with other IT business units on worldwide initiatives.
• Drive modernization and best practices of all IT infrastructure including servers, networks, desktops and cloud utilization for a 1400 user manufacturing and engineering community.
• Provided for IT spend cost avoidance by architecting hybrid cloud storage solution with Microsoft Azure
• Manage vendor and contractor relationships. Reduced contractor cost by 50% by proper guidance and oversight
• Formalized Help Desk operations to increase team responsiveness to user issues.
• Created ticket trend analysis to discover one issue comprises 50% of tickets. On track to reduce during 2019 calendar year by instituting hardware refresh policy.
• Reduced IT spend by thorough review of expenses and eliminating stale contracts and equipment.
- Manager of IT Infrastructure at Zodiac Aerospace
- IT Infrastructure Architect at Apple Leisure Group
- Program / Project Manager at Cisco Systems
- IT Operations Manager, Dallas, TX at HIGH TOUCH TECHNOLOGIES
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor - Management Information Systems
- - Computer Science
Job Duties: IT Infrastructure Architect, VMWare Engineer and Project Management
• Working as an independent contractor on various projects with different companies throughout the USA
• Built new Physical Server farms on IBM, Dell and HP hardware
• Built new Virtual Server farms utilizing ESX VMWare and managed by vCenter
• Tested and implemented hardware/software consolidation solutions for new applications and lease replacements utilizing ESX VMware on various models of Enterprise Servers and Storage hardware
• Created, managed and maintained user accounts in AD for companies ranging from 50 to 1500+ users: Created new users, groups and OUs. Defined custom Group Policy Objects and assigned them to various OUs
• Created, managed and maintained email accounts for users in Exchange 2010 and 2013
• Instituted physical, virtual, and DR environment backup solutions using Veritas NetBackup, Datto and Veeam
• Set up Windows Server Forests as Domain Controllers, DHCP, DNS, SQL, File./Print and Exchange servers
• Managed few migration and consolidation projects of Data Centers some of which to an out-of-state locatins
- Senior IT Consultant at TekConcierge IT Service
- Sr. Information Technology Consultant at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
- IT Infrastructure Architect / VMWare Specialist at TekConcierge IT Service
- Sr. Windows Systems Engineer / Project Manager at Centex Homes / PulteGroup
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Perficient is a software services firm that uses leading and emerging technologies to Web-enable complex enterprise systems. Perficient builds deep expertise around J2EE, WebSphere, WebSphere Portal, and a wide array of IBM technologies. Perficient provides customers and partners with teams of expert technology professionals that manage the implementation of their products for end-user customers. - Principal Financial Group - IT Infrastructure Consultant for Principal Group. The engagement involved migrating Principal's intranet portal from WebSphere Portal Server 8.0 to WebSphere Portal Server 9.0. Responsible for setting up the infrastructure for WebSphere Portal 9.0 in Special, Test, Pilot, Authoring and Production. Technologies include WebSphere Application Server 9.0, WebSphere Portal Server 9.0, Db2 10.5 and Web Content Management 9.0. - Kaiser Permanente (KP) - IT Infrastructure Support Consultant for Kp.org. Worked on migration of Adobe Experience manager 6.1 from WebSphere Portal Server 8.0. Responsible for Adobe Experience Manager 6.1 Infrastructure planning, administration, production support, monitoring & creating AEM RUN book. - Hospitals Corporation of America (HCA) - IT Infrastructure Consultant for implementing IBM Connections 5.5 for HCA's business partner Sarah Cannon. Responsible for overall setup of IBM Connections 5.5 (on WebSphere Application Server 8.5) environment and Integrating it with WebSphere Portal Server in DEV, QA, Stage and Production Environments. The purpose of this project was to introduce social networking for all registered cancer patients at SarahCannon.com - Trustmark Bank - IT Infrastructure Consultant for Trustmark Bank. The engagement involved migrating Trustmark's intranet portal from WebSphere Portal Server 8.0 to WebSphere Portal Server 8.5. Responsible for setting up the infrastructure for WebSphere Portal 8.5 in DEV, QA, Staging and Production environments. Technologies include WebSphere Application Server 8.5, WebSphere Portal Server 8.5, Db2 10.5, and Web Content Management 8.5. - Hospitals Corporation of America (HCA) - IT Infrastructure Consultant for implementing IBM Connections 5.5 proof of concept for HCA's business partner Sarah Cannon. Responsible for overall setup of IBM Connections 5.5(on WebSphere Application Server 8.5) environment and integrating it with WebSphere Portal Server 8.0. The purpose of this project was to introduce social networking for all registered cancer patients at SarahCannon.com - Tufts University - IT Infrastructure Consultant for implementing Portal Application Archive (PAA). Responsibilities included defining the structure of PAA, building a PAA, deploying a PAA, suggesting best practices for building PAA files. - Volkswagen - IT Infrastructure Consultant for implementing mobile application using IBM Mobile First Foundation Platform (IBM MFPF). The purpose of this project is to build a new mobile application for VW.com, which can be accessed by all the VW dealers across North America. Technologies include IBM Mobile First Platform Foundation 7.0, DB2. Installed, configured and documented IBM MFPF Implementation. - Caterpillar Inc. - IT Infrastructure Support Consultant for a Cat.com and Caterpillar.com. Performed 24/7 support for the Caterpillar Portal's. Responsible for Adobe Experience Manager 5.6.1 administration, security, content management and Personalization. Responsible for monthly releases, resolving and documenting all production issues. - Blue Shield Of California - IT Infrastructure Consultant for supporting blueshieldca.com WebSphere Portal Infrastructure. Responsible for production releases, managed work efforts of resolving incidents working with offshore. - Legal Shield - IT Infrastructure Consultant for Legal Shield, A legal services provider. The engagement involved migrating legacy Associates only / Provider only web applications to WebSphere Portal. The engagement encompassed all phases of portal deployment including installation, configuration, requirements, user experience testing, technical design, release management, performance testing, migration, content management, development, and more. Technologies include WebSphere Application Server 8.5, WebSphere Portal 8.0, IBM Content Analytics, IBM Forms Experienced Builder 8.5, IBM Work Light 6.1, DB2 Work Group Edition 10.1, IBM Http Server 8.0 and IBM MQ.
- Technical Architect at Perficient, Inc
- Principal Software Engineer / Technical Lead at Staples Inc
- Sr. WebSphere Administrator at Arcadia Solutions Inc
- Systems Integration Analyst / WebSphere Administrator at Avco Consulting Inc
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Mathematics and Computer Science - Mathematics and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science - Computer Science
Oversaw the scoping, architecting, and led technology teams to deliver challenging technical solutions.
Managed 25 team members with 4 direct reports and an annual budget of $11 million. Led the design and implementation plans for the enterprise architecture to ensure appropriate capacity, capabilities, and
infrastructure are available to support business initiatives. Worked with the executive leadership team on budgetary and procurement issues to support the needs of the business. Reported to the COO.
• Led migration effort of co-lo data center to Lowes owned facility resulting in an annual savings of $200k.
• Directed project teams through full lifecycle including requirements gathering, technical assessments, package evaluation, technical design, development, knowledge transfer, launch and support.
• Identified the hardware and software components an application will use for implementation and provided guidance on how to appropriately implement application components.
• Provided expert knowledge of application and system architecture at all levels. Guided the development process to ensure code is developed to specification.
• Prepared application and system architecture deliverables in accordance with standards and methodologies consistent with the target business architecture.
• Monitored and acted to ensure coordination and effectiveness of all components and activities and decide on issues requiring escalation.
• Researched new products and technologies to determine fit with the overall application architecture.
- Director, IT Infrastructure at ORCHARD SUPPLY HARDWARE
- at ORCHARD SUPPLY HARDWARE
- Manager at ORCHARD SUPPLY HARDWARE
- IT Infrastructure Architect at ORCHARD SUPPLY HARDWARE
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Served as Infrastructure Engineer, Technical Lead, and IT Project Manager for national personal and commercial insurance carrier. Provided direct support of systems, network, and storage and technical guidance to team of 14.
• Directly supported Windows Server, MS Active Directory, VMWare, DHCP / DNS, Group Policy, Exchange, Commvault, EMC SourceOne, EMC and DELL Storage, and Domain Registration.
• Project-led and implemented multi-million dollar year-long project to replace existing EMC and IBM storage with new EMC and DELL solutions in production and test environments, including vendor planning and interactions as well as configuration and integration with virtualized systems.
• Conceived, project-managed, and established innovative solution to consolidate acquired carrier into corporate facility with no disruption in daily operations. Virtualized existing infrastructure and relocated all operations over a single weekend.
• Conceptualized and implemented initiative to virtualize established MS SQL clusters to reduce licensing and systems costs while improving time to market and flexibility. Migrated seven physical clusters containing over 40 TB of data with zero impact to production.
• Conceptualized and implemented initiative to consolidate individual IT documents into standard format, structure, and method to improve availability and access to necessary information. Developed templates for documentation of all infrastructure information and policies; implemented real-time replication to DR facility.
• Proactively created and shared ITIL-style service catalogue for Network Services Department to identify criticality of provided services and lay the groundwork for SLAs to improve availability and reliability.
- Technical Project Manager and Infrastructure Architect, Network Services Department at Donegal Insurance
- Senior Network Engineer at Donegal Insurance
- Network Systems Architect, Computer Networking Services Division at D&E Communications
- Engineering & Information Systems Manager at HSI
4 years, 6 months at this Job