This role involved implementing approved projects as designed by the IT Infrastructure Architect as well as assisting with PoCs for potential projects in the assessment phase. Some milestone projects included a significant upgrade of the flash disk storage platform and optimization of storage allocation, overhaul of load balancing appliances, rejuvenation of DNS/IPAM, company wide upgrades to VMware platforms, and deep dive troubleshooting/performance optimization of a critical on-line content delivery platform. An unofficial official project which drew a lot of compliments was developing an InnoDB/Grafana metrics dashboard for multiple systems. As an Infrastructure Engineer I was frequently involved with long term complicated projects while also keeping my hand in day to day operations allowing me to keep a feel for the environment's health.
- IT Infrastructure Engineer at School Specialty
- Unix System Administrator at School Specialty
- Unix System Administrator at ACNielsen / TCS
- IP Network Engineer and Administrator at Com Communications
3 years, 9 months at this Job
• As part of a Mergers & Acquisitions ideology, I helped integrate systems from multiple organizations (Hudson Valley Bank, Astoria Bank), going from a 400- to 1200-, and eventually 2200-user environment in a few years. This included migrations for Active Directory, email (Exchange, O365), and core banking applications.
• For Virtualization: Worked with IT Infrastructure team to maintain/upgrade a multi-datacenter infrastructure, eventually becoming a sort of team lead for VMWare and SAN. Also implemenented RecoverPoint as a replication solution for DR and testing.
• Rolled out VDI (Xendesktop 7.6) in the environment (Utilizing Nutanix and Netscaler), first starting with Financial Centers, then replacing VPN 'Jumpbox' terminal servers for vendor access.
• Worked on major datacenter relocation, in which all core systems and networks were moved, leveraging Layer 2 extension for networks and EMC RecoverPoint for VM replication.
• Automated multiple daily tasks leveraging PowerShell, and even Solarwinds SAM. (e.g.- Service monitoring and auto-restarts, IIS log folder cleanup, Office 365 profile image uploads)
• Monitored the environment using Solarwinds Orion, responding to issues proactively and effectively, customizing alerts and reports by relevant departments.
• For SAN: Managed block and file storage, utilizing multiple storage solutions, including PureStorage, EMC VNX/Unity (vBlock). We leveraged both CIFS and NFS shares, as well as block RDM configurations for Windows failover clusters in VMware.
• Administered Cisco UCS hosts (as well as various other server hardware) at multiple locations to maintain a high standard of compute operation at all data centers.
• Reviewed and monitored the CommVault backup environment performing backups, restores, and reports.
• Collaborated to enact a complete network overhaul, including replacing Cisco ASA with Palo Alto devices at every location, including datacenters, campuseses, and financial centers.
• Helped implement multiple applications in the cloud and on-premise, such as JIRA, BMC Remedy, and IBM Automate Anywhere RPA (Azure and AWS).
- IT Infrastructure Engineer at Sterling National Bank
- Systems Administrator at Hudson Valley Bank (Now Sterling National Bank)
- Systems Administrator/Engineer at Technical Career Institutes
- Systems Support Engineer at Technical Career Institutes
3 years, 7 months at this Job
• In charge of day-to-day health and functionality of the Agrex IT Infrastructure environment. ▪ Ensure operation of all proprietary and third-party software. ▪ Propose, present and successfully implement projects and solutions that will add value and decrease complexity for end users. ▪ Manage the help desk team and serve as escalation point for tier one and two help desk agents. ▪ Ensure Agrex data is backed up to on and offsite locations. ▪ Monitor network, infrastructure and VMWare ESXi blade server performance via SolarWinds. ▪ Create, distribute and maintain images via SCCM. ▪ Updating of all servers and replacement/upgrading of all hardware. ▪ Harden security of Agrex data by implementing preventive security measures (Intune, Multifactor Authentication, Azure AD security policies, DKIM, SPF Hard Fail, quarterly password auditing.) ▪ Creation of enterprise-wide knowledge and change management databases. ▪ Travel to remote offices to diagnose and repair or upgrade hardware. ▪ Manage Agrex datacenter and telecommunications operations and all accompanying contracts and licensing, along with creating CapEx/OpEx expenditure proposals for new hardware/software or upgrades. ▪ Act as Administrator for all Office 365 applications, all proprietary applications, all VMWare ESXi instances and all Cisco Unified Communications Manager instances. ▪ End user and help desk agent training.
- IT Infrastructure Engineer at Agrex
- IT Technician at JE Dunn Construction
- Insurance Agent at GEICO
- Help Desk Agent/Lead at Fidelity Mortgage
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master's - Information Technology Management
- Bachelor's - Information Technology
- Associate - Computer Science
Provide end-user support to business stakeholders for business systems.
• Maintain structured cabling systems, telecom systems, WAN, LAN, cellular/DAS, wireless networks, remote access, VPN and connectivity protocols.
• Responsible of managing and updating active directory, onsite Exchange, VMware infrastructure, Barracuda backup and disaster recovery.
• Refreshed Citrix environment by setting up new servers on Nimble storage device.
• Periodically conducts training classes on specific application software processes or new implemented technology.
• Diagnose and resolves complex hardware, software and connectivity problems.
• Perform capacity workload modeling and availability analysis for a variety of platforms and environments.
• Ensure documentation is developed and maintained.
• Assists the business in developing SLAs and various KPIs.
- IT Infrastructure Engineer at Mitchell Lewis & Staver
- Technical Account Manager at Pacific Office Automation
- Project coordinator at Pacific Office Automation
- System Administrator/ Team lead at Pacific Office Automation
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - business administration
Improved business system uptime through proactive strategies and root cause analysis
of system administration challenges. Significantly reduced help desk call volume through initiatives listed below.
● Reduced average computer deployment transition time by 75% through a combination of task scripting and migration process standardization on a new Windows deployment server.
● Dramatically improved enterprise-wide system responsiveness and capacity by replacing legacy virtual infrastructure with upgraded VMware host servers and performance-tiered storage arrays.
● Cut backup job failures by more than 50% by implementing an EMC Data Domain storage array front-ended with Veeam at each of the company's two main data centers.
- IT Infrastructure Engineer at Springs Global
- Director of Technology Innovation, Design Department at Springs Global
- Digital Output Manager at myphotopipe.com
5 years, 7 months at this Job
I manage the statewide network infrastructure and all information systems for the Idaho State Tax Commission. I rapidly responded to an unforeseen emergency hardware failure and rebuilt our entire telecommunications system overnight saving the agency thousands of man-hours in lost labor and excessive consulting costs. During a cyber-attack which resulted in a data breach, I found and immediately neutralized the threat. My actions prevented further loss of sensitive data and billions in potential lawsuits. I crafted and implemented enterprise PKI and smart card authentication solutions greatly improving our security stance. I updated and redesigned our network for a headquarters and data center move. Prices for hardware and services were negotiated resulting in over a 75% discount. I have designed and deployed a transparent web security appliance used for web proxy and HTTPS packet inspection to detect malware and other threats through web traffic. I am currently migrating all telecommunications and collaboration services (~50% remaining) to a hosted service provider saving the agency over $100k in recurring yearly costs.
- IT Infrastructure Engineer III at Idaho Tax Commission
- IT Technician II at CompuCom
- Assistant Regional Manager at CompuCom
- Computer Lab Technician at Lane Community College
11 months at this Job
- Associate - Computer Network Operations
- Bachelor's - Computer Information Systems
- Associate - Computer Science
•Administer on-premise and cloud corporate infrastructure in a startup environment of 250 employees
•Configure, monitor and troubleshoot Meraki network stack across two offices
•Leverage external API endpoints to automate new-hire on-boarding using Google Apps Scripts to create accounts on SaaS platforms such as G Suite, Jira, Slack, Zoom, JumpCloud etc.
•Audit various SaaS configurations and workflows for security vulnerabilities
•Automate user attributes updates (manager, title etc.) in G Suite from People Management System using python
•Configure & implement LDAP-as-a-Service, RADIUS-as-a-Service and SSO via JumpCloud
•Build zero-touch MacBook deployment using JSS (JAMF), LDAP and Splash Buddy
•Leverage PowerShell scripting to manage Windows computers via JumpCloud
•Configure VLANs and ACLs for existing and new network resources (ie. New storage network)
•Complete day to day tickets as needed
•Operate AV equipment for company wide events such as all-hands
•Configure & deploy Zoom Rooms on Mac Minis with schedulers on iPads managed via JSS (JAMF)
- IT Infrastructure Engineer at MasterClass, Inc.
- Systems Administrator at Zymergen, Inc.
- IT Support Specialist III at Zymergen, Inc
- Tech Operations Support Tech III at Higher One, Inc
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Computer Information Systems
• Infrastructure engineer responsible for deployment and management of server and network infrastructure
• Lead and trained a team of two additional junior infrastructure engineers
• Deployed and supported HIPAA compliant Microsoft Active Directory for over 100 employees including international users
• Deployed and supported Office 365 with Azure Active Directory integration
• Deployed and supported HIPAA compliant development, preproduction, and production environments for use by internal team, local and off-shore developers, and external clients
• Deployed and supported Cisco ASA 5506 firewall with Cisco FirePOWER module for web filtering
• Deployed and supported Windows Remote Desktop Services including RemoteApp infrastructure
• Deployed VMWare ESXi virtual hosts
• Deployed Ubiquiti Unifi cloud managed 48-port PoE switches and Wifi access points
• Deployed and managed ESET Endpoint Security on Windows Servers, Windows Workstations, and Linux servers - centrally managed by on premise ESET Remote Administration server
• Deployed and managed C# and .NET application infrastructures
• Migrated on premise virtual servers from Proxmox to VMware ESXi
• Implemented ConnectWise Manage PSA for documenting and logging IT support requests
• Implemented and deployed on-premise Kaseya VSA Remote Monitoring and Management at headquarters site and remote sites
• Migrated RMM solution from on-premise Kaseya VSA to Connectwise Automate (formerly LabTech)
• Implemented Datto SIRIUS Disaster Recovery Solution
• Supported and maintained Linux application and database servers, including Ubuntu, Debian, and CentOS
• Supported and maintained MySQL and MSSQL application databases
• Supported Windows 10 workstations
• Support Nexogy VoIP with Polycom phones
• Performed Active Directory migrations and restructurings
• Responsible for DNS management on both Linux BIND systems and Windows DNS servers
• Responsible for public domain and subdomain management for multiple different domains
• Migrated company infrastructure from private cloud platform (1&1) to Microsoft Azure - including Windows domain controllers, Windows application/database servers, and Linux application/database servers
• Deployed and configured Cisco ASAv for use on Microsoft Azure
• Traveled to hospital and lab sites for Lab Information System (LIS) cutover to in-house developed LIS
• Assisted in supporting in-house developed LIS and Billing systems
• Configured site-to-site VPN connections between local Cisco ASA and remote offices, as well as connection to Microsoft Azure
• Configured network routes and firewall rules on Linux software firewalls and hardware firewalls in accordance with HIPAA compliance
• Managed SSL certificates across multiple domains for external and internal use
• Performed licensing and security audits per Microsoft standards
- IT Infrastructure Engineer at EmpowerHIS, LLC
- Level 1 NOC Engineer at United Data Technologies
- Level 2 Support Engineer at All Covered Managed Services
- Lead Technician at TigerDirect.com
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Associates in Arts degree in Computer Information System - Ethics
Working full time in support of a network of 1200 endpoints for 32 stores and 1600 users in 5 states. Responsible for designing, purchasing, imaging, configuring, patching and coordinating the implementation of all desktop and mobile system replacements. Manages all desktop related software. Provides point of escalation for Tier 3 service desk issues. Responsible for warehouse and inventory management. Responsible for implementing and managing server-side solutions that support end-users.
- IT Infrastructure Engineer at Murdoch's Ranch and Home Supply
- Service Desk Technician Tier II at Zoot Enterprises
- Clerk/Bookkeeper at Midway Enterprises
- Customer Service Associate at LynnAnn's Path to Nature
2 years, 3 months at this Job
Duties: Provide comprehensive system support and project management for multiple vendor provided predictive dialer systems. Includes initial design, implementation as well as on going support for AT&T's predictive dialer systems. Coordinate with the system vendors such as Avaya and Siemens for multiple aspects related to these systems including maintenance, problem resolution, and planning. Work with the end users to ensure the systems are performing to expectation as well as increasing system performance through day to day analysis of system and user metrics. Design and implement new middleware features to enhance AT&T usability of the systems. Design and code features to ensure seamless integration between AT&T host systems and the dialer user interfaces. Work with the client to forecast system expansion needs and then translate those needs to the appropriate system additions. Perform onsite system installations and upgrades when necessary. Build and maintain a SQL database that stores customer calling data. Configure and maintain all telephony related system aspects including ordering, monitoring, and issuing tickets for circuits in alarm on the systems switches. Technologies utilized in the support of AT&T predictive dialing systems include Oracle (8i, 9, 10g), SQL Server 2008 & 2012, Windows Server 2008 & 2012, Linux Redhat ES 4.x, HP-UX 11.x, Microsoft Office suite including MS-Access, Visual Studio 2015, ASP and JSP scripting, Visual Basic, C#, Proprietary vendor administration software, remote administration tools, Apache Tomcat, and IIS.
- Professional IT Infrastructure Engineer at AT&T
- Senior Communications Specialist at SBC
- Project Manager at Sprint Communications
- Network Operations Analyst at Sprint Communications
13 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Management Information Technology - Management Information Technology