• Currently a Senior IT Security Engineer with Conduent, responsible for providing client IT auditing, business analysis, remediation, and SIEM services.
• Formerly the Senior IT Specialist with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Department of Commerce Business Systems.
• I moved into the private sector after more than 32 years of broad IT experience in the United States Government, the final position being with the Department of Commerce National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) computer center.
• At NIST, I was the Data Center's Lead IT Specialist and System Administrator responsible for SaaS and PaaS enterprise-level IBM, SUN and Linux OS clusters hosting global financial and scientific applications for a wide range of international customers.
• I was responsible for all aspects of IT auditing, remediation and Compliance, system management, planning, acquisition, configuration, deployment, administration and maintenance, Disaster Recovery (DR) planning and testing, security monitoring, incident and event response, performance and tuning, and for ensuring that production, test and development systems were maintained and monitored in strict accordance with all applicable authorized Federal policies and procedures.
• I have extensive experience with system administration, system design and implementation, project management, IT auditing, system remediation, system compliance, procurement and contracting, help desk, backup and recovery, as well as all the complex tasks involved in IT Customer support and data center operations acquired over a long and successful career.
• As a former Unix Platform Security and Compliance consultant/manager for Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina, I ensured that the RHEL, Solaris and AIX platforms were configured and maintained securely and met all compliance requirements through the daily oversight and management of IT auditing and remediation activities.
- Sr. IT Security Engineer at Conduent Case Management &Advanced Technology Solutions
- Consultant at Self Employed
- UNIX/Linux Security and Compliance Manager at Global Pundits/Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina
- IT Specialist at National Institute of Standards and Technology
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- - Computer Systems Architecture
• Collaborate with Architects, Engineers, Platform Teams, and ISO Teams to design, test and develop deployment plans for data security technologies
• Support lifecycle management of data security solutions to include technology roadmaps
• Contribute to the IT Strategies that impact data security solutions to include technology roadmaps
• Assist in defining the operational processes and metrics required to create and maintain highly effective, well-performing technology platforms
• Lead key conversations among internal and external stakeholders
• Maintain expertise in the data security domain to provide relevant solutions
• Perform proof of concepts of new security technologies
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate data security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- IT Security Engineer at Monsanto
- IT Security Consultant at Optiv
- Cyber Security Analyst at Ameren
- Senior Information Security Engineer at QinetiQ North America
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Management Information Systems - Management Information Systems
• Database security: ensured compliance to NYDFS Cybersecurity regulation, created weekly reports on database activity, setup sensitive data scans and database configuration compliance scans.
• Vulnerability scans: performed monthly scans, improved reporting process and helped IT team to fix vulnerabilities
• Incident response procedures: participated in incident response procedure writing and annual training.
• Critical vulnerabilities: ensured constant watch over for new security breaches, coordinated critical alerts mitigation by IT staff and provided patching status to management.
• Pentests: monitored external pentests, reviewed auditor's deliverables, and followed up remediation of findings.
• Firewall rules assessment: performed review of the rules, organized annual firewall cleanup with network team.
- IT Security engineer at Credit Agricole CIB
- IT Security consultant at Wavestone
- Security engineer intern at BNP Paribas
- TOIP analyst intern at Kwaoo.com
at this Job
- Master's - Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - French
Evaluate, develope and deploy information control systems, including firewall, email filter, DLP, anti virus, vulnerability management and more. Monitor control systems for performance, evaluate log days to discover security gaps and new threats. Worth with other business and IT departments to establish new controls and/or processes to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- IT Security Engineer at Progrexion
- Information Security Analyst I at Progrexion Holdings Inc
- Help Desk Technician I at Progrexion Holdings Inc
- Sales Representative at Progrexion Teleservices
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Bachelors of science - Information Systems
Responsible for all aspects of information security at a Texas state bank. My primary duty is securing and monitoring internal and external data traffic across three geographically dispersed data centers and 35 branch locations across Texas. I architect, engineer and administer a robust modern multi layer defense platform to ensure data integrity and safety from cyber security threats. I am responsible for providing internal and external users with secure access to systems and resources. I am also responsible for communications between vendors, senior management, end users, customers, state and federal government examiners.
- IT Security Engineer III at Happy State Bank
- Senior Network Engineer at Herring Bank
- Senior Network Engineer at First Data Corporation
- at First Data Corporation
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences - Computer Science
Assist in the strategic planning, operation, and management of Information Security initiatives. Perform daily maintenance and management of assigned enterprise-class networks and host based security infrastructure solutions to include but not limited to Cisco network/host based firewalls, Blue Coat proxies, Trend Micro and Cisco Amp malware prevention, Heat patch management, vulnerability management, incident handling, SMTP/spam gateway, security monitoring and analysis, software review, image/data backup of managements computer systems, and configuration hardening to limit risk exposure and enforce compliance with regulatory requirements, polices, and procedures to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability in a highly stressful environment of the entire School Division's data infrastructure. Provide after-hours support for system outages, planned maintenance events as well as respond to emergencies affecting Information Technology Services.
• Assisted with the strategic planning, purchasing and installing of new security equipment required getting the second largest school district in Virginia from 4GB pipes to 10GB pipes for the internet.
• Responsible for managing, monitoring, configuring changes and software updates for Cisco Firepower Threat Defense, Cisco ASA Firewalls, VPN Firewalls and IPS.
• Replaced ASA firewalls with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
• Strong knowledge of network and application protocols including TCP/IP, SMTP, and DNS.
• Blue Coat Proxy installer, operator and maintainer of 10 proxies forward and reverse along with Reporter and Director appliance. Performs upgrades content filtering and overall coding for the proxies for entire school district.
• Familiar with iboss content filtering.
• Correlate and analyze events using the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool to detect IT security incidents.
• Developed key initiatives from SIEM Reports to coordinate with department heads to address and remediate vulnerabilities found in our environment.
• Administration experience with multiple operating system platforms such as Windows, IOS, and Linux
• Exceptional research and systematic problem-solving skills to diverse and complex problems in an effective and timely manner to completion.
• Consistently attend SANS Institute webinars and webcasts to maintain abreast of current security technologies and techniques. Read security news daily to stay on top of emerging threats that might be applicable to the environment.
• Serve as administrator for TrendMicro Office Scan XG Servers and managed IVANTI Endpoint Management and Security Suite for over 70 thousand endpoints to ensure Antivirus, Local Firewall Policies and Patching to harden.
- IT Security Engineer at Prince William County Public Schools
- Warehouse Supervisor/Lead IT Tech at Telenet Inc. / NEC Logistics
- CSD Engineer at NEC Corporation of America
- Seasonal Driver at United Parcel Service
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Security + Certification
• Recommend, install and assist with managing IT security solutions including, but not limited to, Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, DNS Filtering, SIEM Monitoring, DLP, Patch Management, and Encryption.
• Administration of firewalls including all aspects of design, procurement, installation, and maintenance.
• Administration of AWS architectures including the ability to manage both network security and connectivity with the enterprise network.
• Perform security and vulnerability assessments quarterly
• Respond to, and remediate, security alerts generated from monitoring systems in a timely manner.
• Recommend, manage, and perform security awareness training for employees.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of industry regulations such as GLBA, and PCI ensuring security solutions meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
• Develop, review, and recommend security policies, standards, and procedures.
• Assist in maintaining the design and integrity of internal systems.
• Occasionally serve as escalation point for customer support requests.
• Possess and maintain knowledge of network and server environments including (but not limited to) Server Operating Systems, Virtualization Technology, E-Mail platforms, Cloud Services, Networking and Security.
• Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, logging hours, maintaining customer documentation, and using company-approved data entry system.
• Draft and maintain documentation of processes for internal and external use.
• Obtain training and certifications to further goals of self and the company.
• Exercises independent judgment in the interest of the company as a substantial part of the workday.
• Protects company and customer information in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- IT Security Engineer at Foley Services
- Cyber Security Risk Manager at Innovative Network Solutions
- IT Director at Sharon Hospital
7 months at this Job
- Master's - Cyber Security and Information Assurance
- Bachelor's - Computer Science
- Master's - IT Management
Serves as an Information Systems Security Lead in support of multiple roles, including but not limited to, FISMA and RMF Implementation, Enterprise Architecture for Federal IT, Technical Proposal Writing, and Business Development. Specific tasks include: - Develop, review and update Information Security System Policies, System Security Plans, Privacy Policies/Procedures and Privacy Impact Assessment/Analysis, and Security baselines in accordance with NIST, FISMA, OMB App. III A-130, FERPA and industry best security practices. - Overlook corporate security operations. - Engage senior leadership to develop innovative Cyber security and Defense-in-Depth strategies. - Facilitated the solution selection in the decision-making process and provided the necessary information to enable the business to make an informed decision - Worked closely with client to ensure operational security measures were implemented. - Applied appropriate information security control for Federal Information System based on NIST 800-37 rev1, SP 800-53, FIPS 199, FIPS 200 and OMB A-130 Appendix III. - Participated in JAD sessions with project stakeholders for defining business requirements for various system designs. - Reviews and continuously monitors implemented security controls. - In depth experience performing audits with IT general controls (ITGC) such as access control, change management, audit and accountability. - Creates and maintains security checklists, templates and other tools to aid in the A&A process. - Performs security control assessment using NIST 800-53A guidance and as per continuous monitoring requirements. - Develops core documents such as System Security Plan, Contingency Plan, Incident Response Plan, Standard Operating Procedures, Plan of Actions and Milestones, Remediation Plans, Configuration Management Plan, etc - Conducts independent scans of application, network and database and utilizes Managed Security Services Vulnerability Assessment Team (VAT) support as applicable. - Expertise in National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication(NIST SP 800 series).
- IT Security Engineer at Alphfinity, LLC
- Field Engineer II at WAVSYS LLC
- Cyber Security Specialist at Networking Technologies + Support Inc
- Field Engineer/Project Coordinator at BXO Telecoms Ltd
1 year at this Job
- MBA - NCC Education
- Master's in strategic business in Information Technology - business
- Master's in Electrical/Electronic Engineering - Electronics & Telecommunication
- - expertise and guidance
- - Business Analysis
Senior security software engineer instrumental in the design and development of security utilities that protect the company from insider and outsider threats. Senior security software engineer instrumental in the selection and integration of credential management software. Senior security software engineer instrumental in design and development of de-centralized utilities for credential provisioning. Senior security software engineer responsible for evaluating intruder detection software.
- Senior IT Security Engineer at State Street Bank and Trust Company
25 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Accountancy
• Configure and manage all IT Security appliances/softwares which includes firewalls, email gateways, endpoint encryption, AV servers, SIEM, vulnerability scanner and other specialized IT security systems.
• Manage and lead IT Security projects.
• Manage and resolve all IT security related operational incidents.
• Develop and implement security plans, compensating controls, policies, and procedures.
- Senior IT Security Engineer at Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
- Information Security Administrator at Al Ghurair Investment LLC
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (W) at Data Communications
- CIW Security Analyst (Sep2002) at
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- MS in Management Information Systems - Information Security Management
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering - Information Security