IT Support Technician (Intern) Troubleshoot network issues and problems reported by users. Install and configure software, security updates and patches. Setup and maintain desktop computers (Mac & Windows) servers, printers, switches, scan guns, phones and smartphones.
- IT Support Technician at MD Tech Solutions, LLC
- Landscaper at Dexter's All In One
3 months at this Job
- Certifications - Computer Science
- High school
Skills: Motorola/Symbol RF Devices MC9090/MC9190/MC9200 Running Windows CE VMWare vSphere 5 Windows XP / 7 / 2003 / 2012 R2 Microsoft Office 365, 2016, and 2010 Apple iOS Cisco IP Phones Microsoft Active Directory Domain Controller Lightning Pick Loftware Printing HP and Lexmark Laser printers Zebra Thermal Transfer printers Atlassian JIRA BMC Remedy Service Requests IPMonitor network monitoring Cisco WebEx conference calls DataLogic Scanners Acronis TrueImage Experience: IT Support Technician - Walgreens.com (March 2016 to Present) Installs, upgrades, troubleshoots and repairs of hardware and software on or related to desktop PC’s, printers, pc hardware systems and RF devices. Answers questions regarding PC/printer software/hardware issues, and makes IT recommendations. Troubleshoots as first level support any problems experienced by production equipment. Provides technical support for standard and proprietary desktop software. Relate to a diverse group of people, including technical and development personnel, senior management, business customers, and vendors with courtesy and in a constructive, professional manner. Provides information for standard desktop relocations and set up, by investigating and asking appropriate questions to support end-user needs. Lifts and transports PC’s, monitors, terminals and printers for deployment as well as repair. Documents client problems, initiates referrals and records resolutions within department database software. Assists Function Manager in supporting desktop users, hardware maintenance, and LAN maintenance. Configures, maintains PC workstations; troubleshoots, performs support functions for systems users Certifications: CompTIA A+ Certification November 2015 CompTIA Network+ Certification December 2015 CompTia Security+ Certification December 2018
- IT Support Technician at Walgreens.com
7 years at this Job
- Some college
• IT Support Technician for a Production Facility, Distribution Center, and Storage Warehouse
• In charge of setting up new user active directory accounts, outlook 365 and various other software accounts for the company
• Complete an annual hardware refresh which is over 100 pieces of equipment which includes desktops, laptops, label printers, printers, and copiers
• Troubleshoot hardware and software to determine a solution in order to keep production going
• Traveled to other production facilities in Pennsylvania and Canada to provide support during a software/ hardware implementations or when no other IT support was available
• Managed dell equipment for computers, zebra label printers, brother all in one printers, honeywell mx7 tecton handhelds, iwatsu/ shoretel phones, and kaspersky/ trend micro anti-virus
• Completed a yearly average of 1,500 tickets in our Request Management Service ticketing system
• Work closely with the Systems and Development Teams to ensure all our networking equipment and internal sites were always working correctly
- Shearers Snacks IT Support Technician at Production Facility, Distribution Center
- Region I Desktop Support at U.S. Army Defense Coordinating Element
- 101st Brigade Support Battalion Network Administrator at U.S. Army Defense Coordinating Element
- Information Technology Specialist at U.S. Army Defense Coordinating Element
5 years at this Job
- AAS - CSIT
Hired as IT Support Technician position for Tender Corporation covering 250+ user seats. Utilized Helpdesk for centralized management of IT issues. Exceeded goals set by management and executives for IT Support. As well as creating training that is later deposited into a centralized knowledge base.
• Troubleshot advanced errors with systems and servers
• Improved hardware performance and efficiency
• Provided support exceeding the scope of an IT Support Technician
- IT Support Technician at Tender Corporation
- Army Tech Support Agent at Unisys
- Computer Sales Associate at Best Buy
1 year, 9 months at this Job
• January - August as 1st level Support Technician for general IT troubleshooting and escalating
• August - Current as 2nd level Remote Software Engineer for escalated issues requiring more access to the network
- IT Support Technician at Atos
- Assistant manager during last year of work at Quality Gold
- Sales Associate at Kings Island
1 year at this Job
- Associates degree - Information Technology
• Lead IT Support Technician. Communicate with users via phone, email, on-site or deskside visits. Respond to remote queries via remote tools (RDC, Bomgar, SCCM).
• Receive, prioritize, document and actively resolve requests from users in a timely manner via ticketing system.
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot various versions of Windows and Mac OSX operating systems and across a range of software applications. Image computers using SCCM, USB, Ghost, and Stand-Alone Media
• Train computer users. Maintain daily performance of computer systems by using remote desktop configuration and SCCM configuration management. Meet customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
• Setup and configure VoIP Avaya Phones. Provide Global IT support to 4 Domestic and 5 International offices.
• Assist users with any IT related incident to include incidents with printers, copiers and scanners, upgrade different types of software and hardware, installing and configuring new IT equipment.
• Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels.
• Work with IT Security to resolve potential security related attacks on individual's PCs caused by phishing or malware that are detected using Carbon Black, McAfee and Alien Vault.
• Set up user Multifactor authentication requirements in Office 365 and help users configure MFA.
- IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN at AGILYSYS
- FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN at HEWLETT PACKARD
- CLIENT SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR at ACTIVE DUTY U.S. AIR FORCE
- INFORMATION MANAGER at ACTIVE DUTY U.S. AIR FORCE
3 years at this Job
- ASSOCIATE DEGREE - INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- A+ Certification
- BACHELOR'S - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
● Service Desk Technician I provide technical support for internal IT issues via Phone, Chat, and Self-Service incidents. Supported users over a variety of operating systems including Windows, OS X, Android, and iOS. Assisted in the founding of the Chat support team and Triage and Chat queues process, creating support documents for technicians and end-users. Took on projects such as the creation of a quick links tool and knowledge repository and communication platform known as the Desktop Support Dashboard on Confluence, created the communication platform of the Service Desk Management team, creating shift hand-off and shift preparation process, and created the Service Desk Change Advisory Board communication process. I trained various users on ServiceNow, other technicians on new or changed processes, and provided outreach for keeping our support documentation up to date with various teams.
● WalkUp Support Technician (Temporary): Provided in person support for issues on mobile computing platforms such as laptops, phones, and tablets as well as user access maintenance. Preformed services such as software installation and support, re-imaging, hardware troubleshooting, and user training. Created a self service 'One-Sheet' to cut down wait time.
- IT Support Technician at Nordstrom
- Tier 1 Associate at Amazon
- Photo Technician & Customer Service Rep I at Walgreens
- Senior Intern I at The Bob Rivers Morning Show
2 years, 3 months at this Job
Desktop support Technician CompuCom for Merck&Co, WestPoint
• Resolve and implement solutions to technical issues for clients at the IT Spot, on phone and through email
• Fix and repair un/install different software such as Windows 7 &10, MS Office 2010 & 2016, VPN, Citrix, Remote Support, Adobe Acrobat, Skype and other Business application.
• Installing and configuring operating systems, networked and local printers, and business applications for end users
• Fixing all hardware issues such as RAM, motherboard, display, keyboards
• Support mobile devices such as apple devices and android.
• Experience with Microsoft applications (e.g. MS Office, Active Directory, Outlook, etc.
• Creating ticket for various issues facing users
• Troubleshoot hardware and software
• Familiar and a good understanding of IT support ticketing systems: Remedy.
• Track and manage inventory for laptops and their peripherals
• Recover, backup and restore data from damage hdd for users Tanzania Airport Authority Help Desk Analyst
• Designing a management system for procurement department
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
• Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
• Write training manuals.
• Train computer users.
• Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
• Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
• Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
• Walk customer through problem-solving process.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Clean up computers.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
• Install computer peripherals for users.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
• Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur. Philadelphia Flower Show 2018, Philadelphia Event Staff
• Greeting customers
• Working the cash register
• Selling merchandise to customers
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas
• Resolve customer complaints
• Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas
- IT Support Technician at CompuCom for Merck&Co, WestPoint
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering and Information Technology - CEIT
• Mentoring and training new team members
• Help maintained knowledge documents in Inquira to assist other associates in quickly diagnosing and solving problems
• Aided stores that were unable to sell due to power outages, computer hardware or software failures, recover and sell again
• Support Stores with technical and procedural assistance concerning Sterling and Genesis applications
• Research and diagnosed technical issues that stores had with their point of sale software
• Helped identify and research global outages of service that affect all stores
• Collaborate with other departments to help bring resolutions to system issues
• Support other colleagues with diagnosing and fixing issues concerning Sterling
- IT Support Technician at Support Stores
- TEKsystems contractor at TEKsystems
- Career services teaching assistant at ITT Technical Institute
- Sr. Fleet Service lead agent at us airways
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Security - National
- Associates in Applied Science - Information Technology Computer Network Systems
• Provided OSX application support for students & staff working in the Student Union, Student Activity Center, Cone University Center, Belk Gymnasium, Judy Rose Football Complex, and various field houses on campus recreation fields
• Managed/updated inventories using JAMF Clouds Casper suite
• Managed/updated client tickets via Solarwinds webhelpdesk
- IT Support Technician at SUAR IT
- Intern at Medflow Inc
- Volunteer and Community Service at Boy Scouts of America Troop
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
- - Intro to Computer Science I