Optiv is the authoritative source for information security. We deliver a comprehensive suite of solutions and services for enterprise-class organizations including businesses, governments and educational institutions to successfully
plan, build and operate their security systems and programs.
• In addition to the duties as an IT Systems Administrator, I also perform the following:
• Automate tasks to alleviate the responsibility from technicians; for example: A/V system housekeeping, Local Administrator Privileges, and Resetting the Active Directory user security token on machines, software installations/uninstallations.
• Investigate/respond to possible security incidents. This includes analyzing local computer logs, interviewing end users to confirm an infection entry point, checking latest security releases to confirm malicious software behavior, and deploy any AV scan or system fix.
• Remediation of any reported zero day threat with our approved software. This process involves building a software package in our endpoint system, and deploying the package to our company environment.
• Research requested software for company-wide approval.
- Security Analyst/IT Systems Administrator at Optiv Security
- IT Systems Administrator at Optiv Security
- IT Technician at Optiv Security
- Site Technician at Jeffco Public Schools
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- AAS - Computer Information Systems
• As an IT Systems Administrator I've been assigned various servers to maintain, update and upgrade. These servers run various applications utilized for file auditing and tracking, email, Active Directory, company file shares, VMware(hosting multiple other virtual servers) and scripts with .bat files which was loaded back into AD.
• Varonis Server: With HIPAA and PHI being our main focus to prevent violations or the mishandling of private health information. I manage our file auditing server by utilizing an application titled Varonis.
• Creating AD accounts, security and email distribution groups, organizational units and maintainence of our AD domain.
• In charge of our exchange mail server. I create all emails for our organization and set permissions/exceptions within our Symantec Message Labs web browser.
• In charge of all new user setups on the back end.
• Sole administrator utilizing tools such as PowerShell (Automation), Exchange Management Console, EZCAP/EZCARE/EZNET, Symantec Message Labs, Varonis, RDP, COREFTP and Bowman. Citrix Xen Desktop (Win 7 and Win10), WorkFront (Work Flow and Reporting aspect), MediTrac (HSP and various environments within it), MS-DOS, Microsoft Office 2003-2016/O365, Webstrat, MedHOK (Production/UAT/UAT3/UAT4/QAT), Cisco Unity Connection Admin, Cisco Finesse, Cisco Jabber, Cisco AnyConnect, McAfee POE Encryption, iOffice, EncoderPro, ManageEngine Desktop Central, Service Desk Plus, Desktop Director, RightFax Enterprise Manager/FaxUtil Admin where I create accounts and add them to approved RightFax Groups, GoTo Meeting, Adobe X/DC Pro, Diamond, EDI Viewer, LogMeIn, Remote Desktop Connection and many other software titles in order to meet the needs of our Team Members. Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7/8/10.
• Administered the Citrix Xen Desktop Win7 and Win10 environments: Handled profile rebuilds, conversions from Win7 to Win10, troubleshot all issues pertaining to Citrix user and image profiles.
• Highly efficient in the handling of ticket and project creation, conducting cordial follow-ups and ultimately resolving all tickets in a timely manner.
• Created and updated AD user accounts, distribution groups, organizational units and computer accounts within Active Directory.
• I've created scripts to automate the process of AD user account creations. I've documented and planned out a method to involve other departments in this weekly process that would streamline productive and save Choice Medical Group time (literally hours removed from this process) and therefor money by alleviating us from handling this process manually.
• Create/de-active domain accounts as well as reset of passwords.
• Create/edit GPO for the whole organization and for specific security groups.
• Created batch scripts to help aid and streamlining common daily fixes. Saving the company time and therefore money.
• Troubleshot, configured, administered the Cisco phone system and various applications (Cisco Unity Connection Administration, Cisco Jabber, Finesse).
• Created various types of detailed documentation and flow charts covering various applications, roles and departmental standard operating procedures.
• Assigned as the designated trainer for all new IT team members.
• Provided desktop support and training to approximately 500 local team members and 40 remote users.
• Maintained, analyzed, troubleshot and repaired laptops, desktops, local and segment printers.
• Learned how to build and standardized windows 10 images using Smart Deploy, and prepared desktops and laptops for staff for company use.
• Conducted in-home office setups for users assigned to work remotely. This involved setting up VPN phones, thin clients, monitors and connecting them to our Citrix portal.
• Handled various projects but most notably I helped image, configure, profile and deploy PCs to 2,000 TMs and performed full office desktop/laptop upgrades from Win7 to Win10.
• Computer Repair, from changing a mouse/keyboard/headset extension to hardware upgrades, formatting and reinstallation of OS, domain joining and configuring encryption onto company property.
• Network troubleshot on local pc if the clients software is not working properly.
• Provide support via phone/e-mail/in person to the whole organization
• Prevented, isolated, troubleshot and ultimately cured machines from viruses, malware, trojans, worms, rootkits and other harmful/invasive type of applications from effecting our machines and overall network.
• Manage various segment and local printers with software/driver installations, toner swaps, configurations, diagnostics and setting permissions who can use them.
- IT Systems Administrator at Choice Medical Group
- IT Specialist II at Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) Corporate Office
- Digital Life Field Technician at AT&T
- at TWC Intelligent Home Security
8 months at this Job
- Associates of Arts - Recording Engineering
I am a veteran IT Systems Administrator / Support Technician with over 23 years' experience in systems, networking, Active Directory, PC support and mobile communications. Expertise in configuring, troubleshooting, and repair of servers, laptops and desktop computers including supporting multiple offices and users in the US and abroad. Extensive experience in hardware and software troubleshooting. Proven skills in customer telephone technical support and on-site user support. Strong background in all Windows environments and mobile devices. Strong communication skills at all levels and excellent customer-focused service. I have held Dell certification in desktops, workstations, servers, storage and laptops; . Proficient with Lenovo, Dell and HP, laptops and servers, Analog, IP & digital Phones; Client-side email, Wireless and VPN configuration. Participated in multiple domain and E-mail migrations, and Data Center moves. Skilled in network TCP/IP protocol. Experienced in dealing with C Class Executives, and VIP customers. Functions effectively as a self-motivated, high energy individual and as a contributing team member. EtQ, Burlington MA (software compliance) (contractor) September 2018 to April 2019.
End User Support Administrator
• Lenovo Think pads and Mac Book Pros, Thunderbolt docks.
• Windows 10, Mac OS, iPhones and Androids, ManageEngine, Okta, Office 365, IBM Notes, GTM, Zoom, 3CX soft phones, Crestron wireless presentation.
- IT Systems Administrator / Support Technician at IP & digital Phones
- Systems Administrator at Cambridge Trust Bank
- Help Desk Technician III at United Bio Source
- Work station support analyst at Upromise / SallieMae
7 months at this Job
- A+ Certification
- Certificate in PC Support
Proactive IT systems administrator with extensive support experience. Adept at designing, implementing, customizing, upgrading, and migrating systems in medium to large server farm environments. Solid management skills, capable of leading and motivating individuals to maximize levels of productivity, while forming a cohesive team environment. St Francis Hospital Columbus, GA System Administrator 07/2015 to Present * Responsible for administering all aspects of our Active Directory. * Administer and maintain clinical servers, firewall, and switches. * Maintaining network, VPN, and telephony connectivity, including configuration, hardware maintenance and replacement, software and hardware server support. * Build and implement new servers in our environment, both physical and virtual with VMWare and Nutanix. * Administer Office 365. This was after migrating from an onsite Exchange environment. * Maintain HIPAA compliance within the environment. * Improve and verify daily incremental and weekly full back ups of all systems within our environment. * Supervise and train a rotating team of pc technicians from the main hospital on site at Columbus Clinic. * Tasked with providing exemplary customer experience with physicians and their staff while in the office or in after hours on call interactions.
- Proactive IT systems administrator at St Francis Hospital
- Information Systems Director at Community Action for Improvement Inc
- System Administrator at Health Services
- Windows System Analyst at W.C. Bradley Co
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
with over 23 years of experience in Managing and Implementing IT software and hardware, Technical supervisory and support with proven leadership and organizational skills. I am looking to leverage my skills and experience in IT Management Technical Experience & Skills 2002- 2018 IT Systems Administrator IPSOS Complete IT support and Software Implementation for required software (Microsoft Windows, Office, Antivirus systems, etc..) Implementation and support of IPSOS Servers (Data Storage, VMware, DPM, Hyper-V ) Supervising the company's Network Switches, Wireless Access Points and DSL connections Managing the yearly IT budget (including new projects and Hardware replacements) Managing the inventory and purchase of IT equipment's (Toners, Ink, and all IT related items) Monitoring and Maintaining Satellite Receivers for TV channels Recording system Checking for required Licenses for all applications and software and installing required patches Managing and Handling Service-Now Tickets on portal for users' support
- IT Systems Administrator at IPSOS
- IT Supervisor at Systems Management
- Settlement Clerk (Back Office) at Systems Management
- Settlement Clerk at American Express Bank Ltd
16 years at this Job
- Associate Degree in Management Informatics - Management Informatics
- High school or equivalent - High School graduation
Global Healing Center - I.T System Administrator Influence Health - Desktop Support Engineer Diamond Jacks Casino - Application Support Specialist
• Designs, plans and deploys server migrations using Amazon Web Services EC2, Route53, S3, and VPC.
• Created fault tolerant QuickBooks application using Amazon Web Service EC2.
• Extended IT infrastructure into Amazon Virtual Private Cloud using Cisco Meraki's AMI.
• Assist with the thorough documentation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of standardized processes using JAMF Pro as the MDM.
• Implemented imaging workflow for all macs assigned to companies' JSS server using Apple DEP.
• Provides solutions by using custom scripts for various company needs using bash, python, and apple scripts and cocoadialog.
• Utilizes enterprise patching tools such as Jamf and netSUS to schedule and implement security updates and software patches.
• Installed and configured Microsoft Active Directory 2016 server utilizing DNS, GPO, and LDAP
• Performs system resource management, manages system accounts, performs system-wide backups and data recovery using Code42 Backup cloud solution.
• Configured and implemented CRM with integrations to e-commerce platforms and various marketplaces.
• Deployed and maintains Cisco CES appliance with integration to G Suite
• Monitors network traffic and security threats through Cisco Umbrella and Cisco Meraki wireless.
• Designed, planned, and implemented JAMF Pro Cloud mobile device management system.
• Managed all aspects of Mac deployments including software packaging, configuration profiles and VPP.
• Created standardized company image and deployed via Casper Imaging.
• Technical lead for all Mac related issues supporting multiple remote locations.
• Evaluate, test, and deploy patches and upgrades and establish processes to ensure proper patch level compliance across the desktop environment.
• Provided technical training and help desk support functions to agency end-users.
• Developed documentation for the first-tier IT support team to utilize in installing applications, diagnosing issues and use of the product
• Oversees the administration of casinos' MICROS, MGT and CMS systems
• Administer corporate AS400 tasks such as user account creation, password resets and HIS hotel integration support.
• Troubleshoots and maintains MICROS database using EMC and RMC.
Global Healing Center - I.T System Administrator
Influence Health - Desktop Support Engineer
Diamond Jacks Casino - Application Support Specialist
- IT Systems Administrator at Global Healing Center
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Computer Science
IT Systems Administrator, Microsoft Engineer performing Windows System Administration as well as Network Administrator. This includes tier 3 IT administration, design involvement, deployment and daily management for client servers and network infrastructures. Environments consisting of Windows Server 2003, 2008R2, Server 2012R2, Server 2016 Standard and Enterprises, MS Exchange Server 2010 and 2013 O365 implementation and management. Exchange Cloud services O365 and AZURE IaaS design and roll out. VMWare and Windows vSphere in an Exchange virtual environment. Design, deployment and managed Microsoft Active Directory along with installation and management of DNS, TCP/IP and DHCP. Monitor, maintain a proactive management of enterprise Tier III LAN and WAN environments. Work in mixed Windows operating systems environments consisting of Windows 7, 8 and 10 Pro clients with MS Office and Dentrix Enterprise support. Design, deploy and administration of Exchange 2010 and 2013 servers. Design, deployment as well as administration of Symantec, Viper, Bitlocker and ForeFront Antivirus Malware servers along with Exchange Mail Security. Firewall hardware installation and configure WatchGuard, SonicWALL and CISCO PIX 515 firewalls. CISCO and Meraki WIFI. Server hardware includes IBM, HP Proliant, DELL PowerEdge, DELL PowerVault, Dell EqualLogic PS6500X iSCSI SAN Storage arrays. Cisco, Dell and HP and NetGear managed routers/switches hardware. Business class virus and Spam protection deployments includes; Symantec Endpoint, Trend Micro and Microsoft ForeFront solutions.
- IT Systems Administrator and Network Administrator at X2 Technology Solutions
- Systems and Network Administrator/Analyst at JMC Restaurants, Inc. CiCi Enterprises
- Network Systems Administrator at Bear Stearns / EMC Mortgage
17 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Project Management
- - Business Management
• IT System Administrator Internship-Software Security Review Board (SSRB) DCG
• Upgrade server and L3 switch firmware, install server and client operating systems (Windows 10, Windows 2012 R2 Server, Windows 2016 Server, and Linux SUSE and Ubuntu 18.04 Server), and install/repair server/desktop/laptop hardware.
• Work with software such as: Black Duck Binary Analysis (Synopsis Protecode), NetSparker (Analysis and install/configure), CHIPSEC, and various other security analysis tools.
• Provide summary reports from the analysis of the findings of various cyber security suite such as Nessus, NetSparker and Black Duck Binary Analysis (Synopsis Protecode)
• Scan various servers and switches within a test environment with utilities such as nmap, Arachni, OWASP ZAP, OpenVAS, Nessus, NetSparker, and CHIPSEC
• Product assessment and evaluation (Both hardware and software assessment and evaluations).
• Decommission Security Teams laptops and devices (wipe/erase) according to DoD standards.
- IT Systems Administrator Intern at Lenovo 8001 Development Dr
- Custom Protection Officer at G4S Security
- Police Officer at City of Sanford Police Department
1 year at this Job
- Associate - Applied Science
- Hacking and Forensics Diploma - Cyber Security: Hacking and Forensics
- Master's - Highest Level of Education
Administered the onsite EMR and the conversion to a cloud based EHR; responsible for implementing and maintaining regular backups and recovery; responsible for network security, to include performing security audits, security incident reporting; responsible for compliance of IT audit topics, including client anti-virus, firewalls, unauthorized software, and security patches; responsible for asset management of IT hardware, staging, and development of new systems, as well as planning and management of hardware renewals; provides level two and level three IT and telecommunication support to four geographically separated sites; maintains Windows 2016 - Windows 2008 servers in a Windows 2010 Active Directory Environment; supports Windows 10 Professional, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 Professional client computer systems; handles IT related trouble calls as required.
- IT Systems Administrator at SWLA Center for Health Services
- Range Safety NCO at Louisiana Army National Guard
- PACS, TeraRecon, PowerScribe Administrator at Lake Charles Memorial Hospital
- Computer Network Defense Analyst at United States Army
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- None - Computer Information Systems
- None - Computer Science
Migrated 500 users to office 365 Deployed a meraki network to 280 different locations
• Assist clients with their notebook configurations.
• Monitors the network for malicious activity.
• Field phone calls and email, and convert them to ticket requests; responding directly to ticket requests as appropriate
• Identify and organize tickets according to priority
• Resolve issues as defined, distribute and monitor tickets as necessary
• Provides Application Support as appropriate
• Train new users as required
• Setup new computers
• Work with Network Printing and Scanning Issues (including setup, maintenance and troubleshooting)
• Support the work of Network Information and Folder Restructuring, including implementing Network Security.
• Support Network and Workstation Backup Process, and Restore as needed
• Support Content and Anti-Spam services as needed
• Deploy Computer and Phone hardware, as directed
• Install User and Department Specific Software, as directed
• Setup and Maintain Network, Email, and other System Accounts, as Directed
• Maintain Process Documentation, Property Network Documentation and Computer Inventory
• Designed, implemented, and programmed the Network for the Marble Room Restaurant in Cleveland.
• Support, develop, and design the networking infrastructure for the Millennia distributed networks, both at the corporate office and at all field offices, ensuring security and availability
• Review planned construction documents for property offices, campus-wide services, and camera/access control system, working with the construction project manager to issue efficient and cost-effective property technology solutions
• Provide second and third level support for all technology Helpdesk issues, escalating where appropriate
• Develop and design network access solutions, including Wi-Fi services, that are secure and that meet current standards and needs
• Support, develop and design network services such as DNS, DHCP, and User Identity Management
• Provide network services such as secure file access, print services, and email
• Support physical and virtual devices and services as needed, and provide these as required and directed
• Provision, setup and manage network routing and switching equipment as needed
• Design and support backup systems for all technology resources
• Network Information and Folder Restructuring, including implementing Network Security
• Provision phone and Internet services as needed
• Review IT contracts
• Maintain Process Documentation, Property Network Documentation and Computer Inventory
• Support restaurant POS systems
• Support the administration of all hosted systems
• Ensuring the operational health of the SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability and reliability
• Administration, support and configuration of MS Office O365 for staff
• Maintenance/sustainment of existing client SharePoint sites and sub sites, lists, libraries, and content (including pages, workflows, and items)
• Maintenance, and sustainment of additional complementary functionality for customer sub sites, lists, libraries, and content
• Administer and support an enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange infrastructure
• Troubleshoot Exchange related issues when alerted by monitoring software
• Configuring network hardware like servers, routers and switches
• Upgrading and repairing computer networks
• Troubleshooting network issues
• Assisting network architects with the design of network models
• Deploying and updating software
• Managing servers and their operating systems
• Implementing security measures and basic testing
• Managing cloud and physical network storage
Migrated 500 users to office 365
Deployed a meraki network to 280 different locations
- IT Systems Administrator at The Millennia Companies
- Assistant Manager specializing in IT at Bob Evans Farms
- Co-Manager specializing in IT at Wendy's
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Network and Communications Management - Network and Communications Management
- BPA - PC troubleshooting and repair