IT Systems Administrator
• Provided managed IT services to large and medium-sized business customers to include call center and on-site support.
• Provide system administration on Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, MS Exchange, Hyper-V, and Active Directory.
• Provided client desktop and application support.
• Performed database administration and support on SQL Server 2008 and 2012.
- IT Systems Administrator at Itek Systems, Inc
- Network Engineer at CORNERSTONE IT
- Systems Administrator at ELSTER PERFECTION
- Network Engineer/Network Infrastructure Manager at CORNERSTONE IT
11 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Business - Systems / Networking
3990 East Broad St Columbus, OH 43218 United States 11/2012 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 IT Systems Administrator Support Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) as first point of contact providing professional customer services CNC. The Multinational Information Sharing (MNIS) service serves to assist in the facilitation of information sharing among DoD components and eligible foreign nations in support of planning and execution of military operations. Support intelligence and classified operations information exchange and sharing up to SECRET Releasable (REL). The global environment is managed by DISA to serve and interconnect command enterprise elements. The command enterprises consist of servers, applications, and encryption systems that form essentially autonomous service environments interconnecting command enclaves through existing regional communications networks for bilateral or multilateral access among cooperating nations and international organizations. To include Centrix, REL DMZ, Griffin, Web sense, Ironport.
- IT Systems Administrator at Cyber Defense Inc
- Senior Data/Configuration Manager at VT-Group/Milcom
- Helpdesk Technician at URS
- DMS Controller at CSC
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school
Optiv is the authoritative source for information security. We deliver a comprehensive suite of solutions and services for enterprise-class organizations including businesses, governments and educational institutions to successfully
plan, build and operate their security systems and programs.
• In addition to the duties as an IT Systems Administrator, I also perform the following:
• Automate tasks to alleviate the responsibility from technicians; for example: A/V system housekeeping, Local Administrator Privileges, and Resetting the Active Directory user security token on machines, software installations/uninstallations.
• Investigate/respond to possible security incidents. This includes analyzing local computer logs, interviewing end users to confirm an infection entry point, checking latest security releases to confirm malicious software behavior, and deploy any AV scan or system fix.
• Remediation of any reported zero day threat with our approved software. This process involves building a software package in our endpoint system, and deploying the package to our company environment.
• Research requested software for company-wide approval.
- Security Analyst/IT Systems Administrator at Optiv Security
- IT Systems Administrator at Optiv Security
- IT Technician at Optiv Security
- Site Technician at Jeffco Public Schools
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- AAS - Computer Information Systems
Manage the entire 24x7 IT operations for the 911 dispatch center. Developed IT security for network and facility. Developed,
planned and transitioned from county network infrastructure to in-house infrastructure. Worked with Architect on a new
dispatch facility in the design of datacenter and all other technical aspects of the project. Spillman SAA certification, CPR and First-Aid certified.
• Defined need, developed plan and transitioned Districts server from single bare-metal server to a VMware environment with iSCSI SAN storage.
• Built new Active Directory 2012 structure with Exchange 2013 running two email domains.
• Defined resources and hardware for all dispatch software for police, fire, emergency medical and call taking programs.
• On site and 24/7 on call systems administrator for support of call center.
• Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Local Agency Security Officer (LASO) for center
- IT Systems Administrator at Central Utah 911
- IT Manager at Gold Tip (a Vista Outdoors company)
- IT & Business Analyst at C3
- VP of Operations at JCI Holdings
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's Degree in Business Administration - Business Administration
• Proficiency with Salesforce, Teamviewer, Webex, Microsoft Office Suite
• Communication and public speaking to educate students
• Working in a professional IT environment using acquired desktop and technical skills
• Troubleshooting of network printers and Windows devices
• Installation and configuring of virtual machines such as Hyper V & Oracle VirtualBox
• Cable management and general hardware maintenance for workstations
• Knowledge configuring routers, switches, wireless access points
• Management of firewalls and access control lists in a Windows environment
• Understanding of Wireshark, CISCO Packet Tracer software
• Experience with installation and use of Windows and Linux operating systems
• Responsible for mentoring and teaching students enrolled in the IT Systems Administrator program on campus
• Ability to configure basic VLANs, IP addresses, and subnet masks of an interface
• Troubleshooting issues with student laptops such as password lockout, and network activity Wake Stone Corp., Cary, NC Nov.1997 - Aug. 2018
- IT Systems Administrator program on campus at CISCO Packet Tracer
20 years, 9 months at this Job
- Certifications - ITSA
IT Systems Administrator Installing and supporting VMWare ESXi infrastructure running Windows Server environment. Team was responsible for all end user technology including virtual desktops and cell phones via MDM. · Main duties were administration of ESXi environment spanning hardware setup to application management. · Managed Windows Server environment, including Exchange, SQL, Application and file servers, along with patching, AD, DNS/DHCP, GPOs. · Responsible for researching, planning, and reporting to the IT Director, new technologies and how they could be useful to our environment. · Managed Tier 1 Support team by directing priorities, assigning tickets based on technician skills, and training on next tier skillsets. · Responsible for data backups across entire infrastructure. Using Veeam, ensured data availability and recoverability. · Built VDI desktops for end users, using VMWare Horizon View, as well as Unidesk. Responsible for gold image creation and app layer creation/updating.
- IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR at GOLDEN SANDS GENERAL CONTRACTORS, INC
- SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR, BAKER HUGHES at
- SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR at FIEBIGER, SWANSON, WEST & CO
- SQL SERVER SUPPORT ENGINEER at MICROSOFT
2 years at this Job
- AAS - COMPUTER NETWORKING & TECH
My responsibilities included most aspects of the server life cycle, as well as application administration and support. I assisted the VP of Infrastructure in maintaining the Vmware environment and all server VMs. I was the primary domain administrator and managed the AD environment, along with most of the IT owned systems. I served as the main technical resource on projects relating to the deployment and upgrade of the company's applications. I was the longest tenured member of my team and was responsible for training and mentoring my teammates. I was the main escalation point for the Service Desk.
- IT Systems Administrator at United Bankers' Bank
- IT Desktop Administrator at United Bankers' Bank
- Wire Transfer Operator at United Bankers' Bank
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Some college
Administration and support of backup policies and software. ◘ Develop and implement effective backup/restoration strategies ◘ Implement software upgrades, including firmware revisions, operating systems, production software upgrades and other enhancements as required ◘ Adjusts system parameters to obtain optimum performance for the specific situation ◘ Identify and address root cause analysis for issues, which may involve investigating numerous events and data points to formulate an accurate analysis and suggestions for improvement ◘ Administer corporate IT systems, such as Active Directory, AD Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, data protection, file & print services, Microsoft server operating systems ◘ Management and ownership of key critical systems such as VMware ESXi 6.5 hosts, VCenter, Citrix PVS, DDC, Netscaler VPX, Citrix UPM, Citrix Director, file servers, monitoring system and core infrastructure components ◘ Administer server, system applications including the administration of VMware to create, modify and implement virtual servers, as well as balancing virtual server utilization, and managing capacity and performance ◘ Handle installation, deployment and ongoing maintenance of Windows Systems ( 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016) ◘ Provide support for a Windows, VMware and Citrix infrastructure in an enterprise Active Directory environment ◘ Administrator for VDI Security (Kaspersky Security for Virtualization) ◘ Provide automated solutions, using PowerShell, PowerCLI, WinSCP, etc ◘ Monitor, tune and troubleshoot the VDI environment using vRealize Operations Manager ◘ Troubleshoot various types of hardware issues such as laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and etc ◘ Resolve and conduct root cause analysis of system performance / failure issue ◘ Plan, design, coordinate, implement, and evaluate Information Technology training programs, assess and analyze training needs ◘ Maintain and steward a budget for VDI, laptop, IT vendors, software licenses and other IT equipment assigned by IT Director ◘ Author new and / or update existing documentation on servers & procedures to maintain accuracy ◘ Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products ◘ Managing the daily activities of configuration, maintenance, patching, updating and troubleshooting of Windows
- VDI/ IT Systems Administrator at GenPro Inc
- Systems Engineer at Cisco System Inc
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Information Technology
- Bachelor of Technology - Computer Systems Technology
- Associate in Applied Sciences - Computer Programming
Providing IT support with a focus on HIPAA while the company grew from 16 clinics and less than 150 employees to 37 clinics and over 400 employees in a year and a half. Manage external vendors who provide help desk support, internet, phone systems, network security, and hardware. Implemented a standard for all hardware purchases and created help guides on their installation and troubleshooting. Manage firewalls and upgraded networking equipment. Support company IT infrastructure and services, including desktops, laptops, firewalls, printers, scanners, faxes, and iPads. On-boarded an external help desk company for the entire company.
- IT Systems Administrator at Epiphany Dermatology
- Systems Administrator I at Web.com
- Senior Technical Support Specialist at Yodle
- at Yodle
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. degree in Computer Science. - Computer Science
* Maintain the central vSphere HA cluster, IBM SAN, and Citrix farms for corporate-wide application usage as well as the remote DR rack * Maintain the seven remote office ESXi hosts and servers as well as systems for all transload locations spread throughout North America * Manage Veeam backups and replications for all locations * Design and maintain existing DR scenario playbook * Day-to-day IT tasks and respond to help desk calls and requests from end users * Implemented the helpdesk system and trained end users on how to use it * Implemented PRTG monitoring for corporate network and servers spread throughout multiple locations * Assisted in upgrading both internet-connected locations to Cisco ASA 5505 firewalls, implemented CX management and network redundancy between sites and setup Cisco AnyConnect VPN solution * Spearheaded a project to cut down on unnecessary servers to reduce licensing costs and simplify the overall server environment * Assisted with migrating the on premise Exchange environment to O365 * Implemented Microsoft WDS for standardized imaging deployment across all locations * Implemented Admin Arsenal PDQ Inventory for hardware tracking across the domain as well as PDQ Deploy for deploying software packages to all machines in the domain * In-charge of migrating away from McAfee and Malwarebytes to a full-blown Sophos Security solution for endpoints and servers * Managed the IT project portion for the construction of a new $100 million office and plant location in Texas. Included the implemention of a new SD-WAN solution, full Avaya VOIP deployment, and worked directly with the automation and PLC vendors.
- IT Systems Administrator at Badger Mining Corporation
- IT Systems Administrator at Bel Brands USA
- NOC Technician & Provisioning Manager at InnFlux
- Tier 1 End User Network Tech Support Agent at Telkonet Inc
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Certificate - PC Programming & Database
- AAS - Computer Hardware
- High School Diploma