Senior Warehouse IT Systems Engineer responsibilities for 3 distribution centers in Morgan Hill, Chino and Arizona serving this major beverage distributor. The warehouses range in size from 275K to 500K square feet, employ a combined staff of 3,000+ employees, house 15,000 individual SKU’s, and generate $2 billion in annual revenue.
Escalation point and mentor for IT Warehouse Systems engineers in California and Arizona.
Company IT Subject Matter Expert for Warehouse Control Systems, Material Handling Equipment, Mobile Device Management and Zebra Mobile Computers
Plan, manage and execute projects with WMS, WCS, mobile device vendors
Work with operations leadership to identify operational improvement opportunities, establish requirements for system improvements and communicate system requirements to the vendors
Coordination of IT systems support for Distribution Center operations.
• $12 Million Arizona Distribution Center- Implemented a new automated system for material handling (Dematic), while managing the proprietary WMS system. Conducted extensive testing, sorting and validating, including testing with the facility network system.
• Arizona DMS Integration- Designed solution to use Dematic MultiShuttle in to allow floor picking and repackaging picking to conveyor to be done ahead of picking from the pick module, increasing picking speed, reducing labor and improving load sequencing.
• ERP Transformation - Served on design team for Manhattan WMS. Led project to upgrade the Dematic Warehouse Control Systems and integrate with Manhattan WMS.
• Fixed Scanner Upgrades- Led project to upgrade WCS fixed scanners in California Distribution Centers. Worked with Dematic, Datalogic and SICK to successfully update our fixed line scanners (30 in each facility) and scan tunnels to optical scanners with no production downtime.
• Zebra Mobile Computing Deployment - Led project to deploy Wavelink Avalanche Mobile Device Management system and Zebra handheld, wearable and vehicle-mounted mobile computers in California, Arizona and Pacific Noerthwest distribution centers as part of Manhattan WMS implementations.
- SR. WAREHOUSE IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER at Young's Market Company
- IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR at Amgen
- REGIONAL IT INFRASTRUCTURE COORDINATOR at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- Network Certification
- Responsible for the Stations IT infrastructure (deployment and maintenance) - Network engineering (Cisco, Extreme, and running all cable) - Administering a complete Microsoft domain - Deployed and maintained several virtualized environments (VMware vSphere, Citrix Xenserver) - Deployed and maintained a VMware Horizon environment - Deployed, maintained, and administered dozens of Linux systems - Responsible for the employee training and deployment of new systems (Avid Interplay, Nexis) - Was lead engineer and administrator for the deployment of an Avid Interplay system - Administered several other systems including; Adobe Creative Cloud, Viz Graphics, Wide Orbit
- IT Systems Engineer at KTBS Television 3
- IT Administrator, Freelance at
- Volunteer Technician/Trainer at Detroit Workforce Development Board
- service and sales at Genius, Apple Inc
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Leading pharmaceutical company with offices in Boston, San Diego, UK, Germany, France, Spain and Australia - FDA/EMA regulated pharmaceutical enterprise environment. GIS Worldwide Data Center Operations
● Senior IT Systems Engineer - Windows, VMware, AWS Responsible for overall health and support of the Windows Infrastructure in VMware and AWS environments. Work as part of the server team to design, maintain and support Windows server solutions. Plan upgrades, new hardware installations and configuration. Mentor other members of the server team systems life-cycle procedures. Monitor and manage capacity utilization to ensure sufficient and efficient utilization of resources. Serve as subject-matter expert in the Windows Server team for the Amazon AWS environment. Accomplishments:
• Collaborate with team on design and implementation of Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp v7.15LTS environment and migration legacy applications from Citrix v6.5 Farm.
• Guide junior team members on provisioning, implementation and support physical and virtual windows servers in VMware and Amazon AWS environments.
• Provide support for DLR (Development and Launch Rig), migrate DLR physical components to new virtualized environment.
• Create templates, develop documentation and SOPs, register in QDOCCS Change Management system, evaluate and lead qualification of "Windows 2016" and "Windows 10 LTSB" OS for use in enterprise server environment; participate in SOX audits.
• Develop and implement scripts and workflows for automation servers life cycle management, maintenance and reporting, DFS and WSUS management and health monitoring
• Provide reliable and user friendly support to multiple groups and departments, maintain the infrastructure's health, security, reliability and high availability; Support enterprise network of 1400+ servers distributed worldwide.
• Maintain and manage Microsoft infrastructure including Microsoft Active Directory and user accounts, Group Policies, DFS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, MS WSUS, SQL Servers and HA Clusters, Citrix XenDestop/XenAPP (v7.6/7.15LTS/6.5 and prior) server farm. Evaluate, analyze and make recommendations for performance improvement.
• Manage production and non-production enterprise environment (2000+ users, 6 datacenters, 1400+ Windows (2016 and prior) and RHEL/CentOS servers, all in a highly virtualized environment)
• VMware administration (installation, configuration and maintenance 1300+ VMs); create and maintain Win2008R2/2012R2/2016 templates; capacity planning and management.
• Follow "best practices" on all stages of server life-cycle (from provision to decommission).
• Monitoring and reporting on servers health/performance through "Orion Solarwinds", "HPE System Inside Manager", VMware vRealize Suite (vRA, vCAC, vRops), and Foglight. Overseeing support queue and managing problem resolution through "ServiceNow" issue tracking system.
• Incorporate security, monitoring and metering requirements into the Windows hosting platform architecture
• Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex problem (e.g. work with HPE and Cisco to troubleshoot servers hardware/firmware problems, establish and support recommended firmware/drivers baseline for all HPE enclosures and blade/rack-mountable servers, define "best practices" to achieve most reliable results and minimize business impact) Awards:
• Over 12 Vertex Gold, Silver and Bronze VOCAP awards for various projects and outstanding customers support.
- Senior IT Systems Engineer at Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- IT Systems Support Engineer at Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co. LLC
- IT Systems Administrator at Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co. LLC
- Network Applications Consultant at Confluent Photonics Corp
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- MS in Nuclear Physics - Nuclear Physics Devices
Full stack IT Engineer with 16 years of experience and a background spanning multiple industries. Customer and business focused individual that recognizes that IT solutions must bring value. Security minded and always open to new ideas and technologies. EnerVest LTD - Lead - IT Systems Engineer - May 2016 - Present
• Administration, engineering, deployment and troubleshooting of infrastructure supporting Oil & Gas and Financial operations
• Act as the final escalation point for problem resolution for network, server and application related tickets
• Provide guidance, support and mentoring to other team members
• Research and Architecture of new products and methods to improve IT agility resulting in improved efficiency, operability and cost reduction
• Management of complex network topologies built primarily on Cisco platforms with interoperability with other vendor's products and solutions. Platforms include Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, ASR, ISR, IOS IOS-XE, ASA, Firepower, Palo Alto, Fortinet and others
• Resolved inefficiencies in existing network and server infrastructure to improve uptime and performance
• Administration of Windows and Linux systems running in VMware vSphere and Hyper-V environments
• Responsible for network and systems security using tools such as Dell SecureWorks, Cisco Firepower, Cisco AMP, Metasploit, and Nexpose.
• Project management
• Design and administration of Cisco VoIP deployment with Call Manager and Call Manager Express, Telepresence and Cisco Jabber
• Wireless Network administration using Cisco Aironet, Cisco Meraki, Aerohive, and Aruba technologies.
• Migration from traditional PRI and POTS to SIP for redundancy and cost savings
• Management of Solarwinds, PRTG, Dell OpenManage and other systems monitoring tools
• Management of Splunk for centralized Log collection and reporting.
• Disaster Recovery, workload migration and multi-tennancy using VXLAN and other technologies
• Administration of Exchange, Cisco IronPort and Kemp LoadMasters
• Integration of acquisitions from other companies with minimal downtime and also divestitures
• Analyze existing spend and find ways to reduce operating expenses such as migration to DMVPN, SD-WAN and SIP versus private circuits and legacy telephony circuits
• Documentation of all proposed designs, existing systems and changes to adhere with ITIL Change Management processes.
- Lead - IT Systems Engineer at EnerVest LTD
- Senior Network Engineer at Bray International
- Senior Network Engineer at Total Safety
- Network and Systems Administrator at Eni Petroleum
2 years, 10 months at this Job
Prepare financial budgets and present project proposals to VP and executives.
● Deploy new systems/services and create I.T. vendor contracts.
● Entirely designed and built new systems such as Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP), NAS and QuickBooks Server.
● Configure/Manage/Maintain every Phone Systems including VOIP, Digital and Analog telephones using SIP.
● Document, test, modify the network and monitor all Syslog such as Phone Systems, Servers, and Firewall.
● Configure/Manage Microsoft Office 365 and G Suite.
● Set up and perform maintenance for iOSafe NAS for the reliable backup solution and security.
● Back up and secure entire company data such as MS SQL database and financial data.
● Designed/Built new phone systems such as RingCentral and Logiwa Warehouse Management System.
● Integrated customer CRM into our internal systems.
● Designed and Set up new shipping stations and warehouse for Pointus.
- IT Systems Engineer at VENMILL INDUSTRIES INC and POINTUS INC
- IT Systems Administrator at SOCLEAN INC
- at MANICH ENTERPRISE LTD
- I.T. Technical Support Specialist / I.T. Technician at FAR EAST BROADCASTING CAMBODIA
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Information Technology
- Associate of Science in Computer System Engineering Technology - Computer System Engineering Technology
I am server and application owner for several of the companies critical systems and front end VDI engineer on the company Enterprise Infrastructure team. I build and maintain our golden images within VMware vSphere and pool/recompose virtual machines from those golden images from within VMware Horizon Administrator 7. I Assist the Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams with escalated tickets and educate for transfer of information on projects. I have experience with Active Directory and global/local group policies. I assist the networking team with various projects ranging from wireless AP to switch upgrades and fortigate router configuration. Beginning to collaborate on architecting our transition to a colo/hybrid cloud architecture, exposure to/working knowledge of Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- IT Systems Engineer I at Sonora Quest Laboratories
- Customer Systems Analyst at Sonora Quest Laboratories
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate - Networking Systems Administration
Resolves IT hardware and infrastructure issues using systems analysis techniques and procedures to ensure appropriate function. Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves issues including user systems, servers, storage and network connectivity. Applies server security patches, workstation security patches and server operating system upgrades to ensure the security and integrity of the technical environment. Supports new infrastructure projects across multiple network enclaves. Designs, builds and operates highly available end-user systems in support of government contracts. Conducts security RMF operations to ensure availability of hardened systems that conform to stringent customer driven requirements. Engineers IT system solutions that provide business partners advanced capabilities ultimately resulting in awarded contracts and company growth. - Engineered robust VDI OS architecture that is in use across multiple business groups. - Developed SCCM platform increasing security and availability. - Received out of cycle promotion for superb job performance and recognition from CIO.
- IT Systems Engineer at 3, CACI International Inc
- LAN Administrator at 3, CACI International Inc
- Information Systems Technician at Alku Government Solutions
- Aerospace Maintenance Craftsman at United States Air Force
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Networks and Cybersecurity - Computer Networks and Cybersecurity
- Associates Degree in Aerospace Maintenance Technology - Aerospace Maintenance Technology
Supports the Office of Naval Intelligence CIO/CTO by applying knowledge of systems engineering and systems architectures to transform and modernize the organization's Information Technology enterprise to meet strategic goals and objectives; Reports on architecture diagrams, supporting engineering reviews, developing technical reports and other management/technical related deliverables; Applies IT Systems Engineering knowledge to define an enterprise's direction; Determines work breakdown structures and identifies tasks or infrastructures that are required to achieve desired IT modernization goals within an architecture domain; Supports IT project schedules through systems engineering analysis and technical risk assessments; Develops policy or advocates for change in policy that will support new initiatives or required changes/enhancements; Consults with customers to gather and evaluate functional requirements and translates these requirements into technical solutions; Provides guidance to customers about applicability of information systems to meet business needs; Provides day to day support to include planning and executing meetings and conferences, managing schedules and developing OCIO monthly activities plans, as well as preparing documentation and briefings; Develops enterprise level architecture diagrams; Performs engineering reviews for IT intelligence mission systems; Develops technical reports and drafts IT policy documentation; Configures and maintains online document and collaboration libraries using capabilities provided by services such as SharePoint and Intelink.
- Sr. IT Systems Engineer at Cyber Cloud Technologies, LLC
- Division Chief, Technology Reconnaissance and Analysis at Defense Information Systems Agency
- Electronics Engineer at Defense Information Systems Agency
- Electronics Engineer at Office of Naval Intelligence
2 months at this Job
- Master's - Organizational Leadership
- Senior Executive Fellows Program Certificate
- Bachelor's Degree - Electrical Engineering
- High School Diploma
- Master's Degree - Electrical Engineering
- Master's Degree - Government Information Leadership
Global it system engineer providing support worldwide regarding cisco merakis emc storage pure storage
- IT Systems Engineer at Classified
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - evaluation of system utilization
- - Travelers Insurance
- - sales
- - Latin America
- - Design
- - HP Virtual Tape Library
Responsibilities include Windows 2012 systems and Cisco networks at 20+ locations including corporate headquarters. Primary point of contact for remote site support requiring a combination of travel and remote tools. Primary technical contact for outside partners related to LAN/WAN operations and systems roll-outs. Project and technical lead for Cisco StealthWatch, Prime, ISE and Firepower roll-outs. Key technical resource for AD 2016 migrations and advised on numerous IT Infrastructure projects. Primary contact for all VPN S2S IPSEC and Client SSL connections. Responsible for maintaining all network documentation, maintenance schedules, procedures, and related systems info in Visio and Confluence databases. Key Contributions: * Re-engineered and deployed a complete network refresh for the South Medford NOC and all branches. Improved speed and redundancy, while consolidating vendors at a substantial cost savings. * Designed and deployed an enterprise wide Cisco Wireless Access system with 2504 redundant controllers, 65 Wireless access points, and with multiple secure WLANs. * Re-Engineered and documented the South Medford NOC power to improve load balancing. Included a new Gamatronic UPS in the design to maximize up-time. * Designed and deployed a standardized configuration at each branch location to improve up-time, survive-ability and PCI compliance. * Designed and deployed a low cost vendor independent video surveillance system at all branches, to alert and document access to branch server rooms for auditor compliance requirements. * Designed and engineered a redundant DR site including site selection, WAN design, Rack and Power layouts. Utilized redundant fiber routes, and virtual routers with OTV to move virtual servers between data centers.
- IT Systems Engineer at Rogue Credit Union
- Systems/Network Administrator at TreeTop Inc
- Systems/Network Administrator at TreeTop Inc
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- None - Business Administration