Worked for Hapag Lloyd as an external employee that was recruited by Ferchau Engineering GmbH. Hapag Lloyd is a leading shipping company worldwide, around 11.9 million TEU are transported per year through the company. Project:
● Develop a Java based web application as a new platform in the company that is used to manage all shipping related operations and data storage. This new application that is called FIS3 will replace the old information system and be used as the standard system for the company worldwide.
● Migrate software functionalities from the old system to the new application. Operations:
● Worked closely with the project manager to evaluate, analyze and verify software requirements.
● Implemented new features according to the defined requirements such as new dashboard to track the information of shipments from different routes, to track missing shipments with dangerous goods, to show shipments that are missing documents and more.
● Coded the application in Java with the support of JEE, JPA, Maven as a build tool and MVC framework, DB2 for database, IBM Websphere for the application server, XML for configuration files, Git for software versioning, Jenkins for CI/CD and more other technologies.
● Analyzed software bugs with debugging function on Eclipse and fixed them.
● Analyzed slow page loading and improved the performance by tweaking Java codes or SQL queries.
● Analyzed slow SQL queries with a tool called DynaTrace and improved the performance by tweaking the SQL queries, e.g. reducing Join operations in the SQL queries, rewrite queries that hit the index.
● Wrote test automation such as unit testing (JUnit) and End-to-End tests that are driven by Selenium Web Driver. Achievements:
• FIS3 was successfully piloted in Brazil. The software is officially used by the branch company in Brazil as well.
• Through the performance tweaks the page loading of the application was a lot faster than before.
- Java Software Developer at Hapag Lloyd
- Java Web Developer at novomind AG
- Java Software Developer at intersoft AG
- GUI Software Developer at Wincor Nixdorf International GmbH
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science - Applied Computer Science
Worked as a Junior developer inside a banking company (Bancolombia) as a Junior Java developer and part of a big team of front-end developers, scrum masters and product owners seeking to build a banking web application. Worked with: Middleware (middle-tier) microservices architecture, SCRUM,restful microservices with Java, performance tests, unit tests, acceptance tests, Open Api specification with Swagger tool, object oriented programming, TDD Pattern, AAA pattern for unit tests, version control with git and DevOps with Microsoft Azure.
- Junior Java Software Developer at ACCENTURE
- Software Developer Intern at ACCENTURE
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Science
- - English Language
- - German Language
• Design, code and test new MCSJ applications based in Java and SQL
• Troubleshoot and maintain existing Edmunds MCSJ applications
• Work with the Edmunds client services to review new and existing Edmunds MCSJ applications
• Assist client services in resolving application and technical issues related to client implementation
• Java, SQL, AWS, git, JIRA, Microsoft Office
- JAVA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER at EDMUNDS GOVTECH
- CIS & INFORMATION MANAGEMENT INTERN at ARI
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. - house technologies. The end goal of this project was
• Performed functional and non-functional testing of a letter management web-service.
• Maintained a centralized repository where code was consistently added/modified.
• Monitored weekly automated/manual regression runs, including maintenance, and reporting.
• Maintained/Optimized code for an in-house application used to run data-driven and keyword-driven tests.
• Developed/ Optimized automated test scripts designed with objectives of maximizing their reusability and maintainability.
• Converted manual test scripts into automated test scripts.
• Performed analysis of system design specifications and developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases in Quality Center to cover overall quality assurance testing.
• Communicated with product management, development and business analysts, and DevOps, both onshore and off, in the process of preparation and approval of all test related tasks.
- Java Software Developer Consultant at Bank of America (Test Automation Engineer)
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry
• Created a file organizer using JAVA for Inspector and Quality usage.
• Used Primefaces extensions to showcase pdf files in file viewer.
- Java Software Developer at Paperless Scanner
- Java Software Developer at TEXAS STEEL CONVERSION
- Web Developer at Texassteelconversion.com
- Java Software Developer at Production Monitor Dashboard
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Mathematics
• Built and managed web applications that implemented the MVC design pattern through Spring and Spring Boot
• Researched and lead two presentations on creating tests, and code refactoring and migrating application servers
• Studied and applied best design practices to create and maintain REST APIs
- Java Software Developer at HOM Furniture
- Application Development Intern at HOM Furniture
- Volunteer at Facebook TechPrep
8 months at this Job
- B.S. in Computer Science - Computer Science
• Fullstack development for mobile application and using Angular Ionic and Sprint Boot
• Fullstack development converting legacy webpages and systems to modern implementations
• Actively participated in the maintenance and support for integrated legacy systems that handle associate, store, and division data for all Kroger stores using internal communication systems
• Assisted with the building and deployment process for multiple projects onto testing environments using Shell Scripts
• Development of applications and services for Kroger's pharmacies and Kroger's Specialty Pharmacies using JSwing and Java Beans
- Java Software Developer at Kroger
- at Capgemini
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Computer Science
- Associate of Science
- Java Software Developer at Hexaware Technologies
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Master on Business Innovation
• Extensive background in full life-cycle of software development process.
• Utilized the entire Production CI/CD process from Build, Unit Testing and Production deployment along with measurement of performance with Jenkins.
• Extensive experience in writing SQL queries, Stored Procedures for accessing and managing databases such as Oracle, DB2, and MySQL.
• Utilized Agile development management tools Jira, CA Agile Central and GitHub Kanban Boards
• Utilized Hibernate and JPA to create and ORM data access layer.
• Participate in application testing with Postman, SoapUI and JMeter for any system upgrades and migration.
• Adhered to the principles of Test Driven Development as part of SDLC.
• Monitor and troubleshoot any issues based on application logs daily.
• Actively participate in requirements gathering sessions and provide client with feedback and suggest best possible solutions based on industry standards and client requirements.
• Created and maintained the development environment. Created virtual machines, installed and configured database and web servers.
- Full Stack Java Software Developer at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Java Software Engineer at Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Full Stack Java Web Developer at PWC LLP
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer Science
• Develop Java-based vehicle communication services between clients and vehicles. (Connected Vehicle / Internet of Vehicle).
• Conduct development for system with Spring MVC, Database, and SOAP/Restful services.
• Apply Test-Driven-Design with JUnit and Mockito to deliver quality results.
• Perform SQL data manipulation in Oracle database.
• Build and deploy ANT scripts on Jenkins and Oracle Weblogic server instances.
• Create and maintain design documents on Team Foundation Server (TFS) and use Subversion (SVN) for software version control.
• Involve in global releases and perform onsite technical support for release launches.
- Java Software Developer at General Motors
- Student Programmer Intern/co-op at Ohio Supercomputer Center
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical and Computer Engineering