Richmond, VA. - Dec.2013 to Date
II. Project: PRIME (IBM Openpages GRC application)
Title: Java Technical Lead. Description: PRIME is Proactive Risk Mitigation Engine, a security application for banking domain which uses Open pages framework version 7.4 from IBM, helps to Identify, manage, monitor, and analyze risk and compliance across the enterprise. Application is deployed on Weblogic application in AWS EC2 instances, uses oracle for backend. Roles & Responsibilities: As a Technical Lead:
● Worked on AWS services like Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, Auto Scaling, ELB, VPC
● Created Cloud Formation Template to create various AWS components.
● Effectively interacted with Product Owners and team members for Requirement capture and analysis.
● Provided solutions to Product owners on their user requirements.
● Worked on design, development, deployment to production and support
● Build and deployment to different environments like test, QA, production, sandbox using maven.
● Helped team members for their project environment and technical difficulties.
● Worked as technical point of contact for users, team members and product owners.
● Handled all releases by following capital one standard procedures from creating Change Orders to code deployment
● Worked on configurations to meet the business requirements.
● Worked setting up sonar and integration with sonar server to improve code quality.
● Worked on the integration of Jenkins build with Eratacode analysis.
● Installed SSL certificates and enabled https for the application.
● Installed PING sso and implemented SSO for the application.
● Analysis, design, development, production deployment and support.
● Creation and maintenance of components using core java/j2ee, spring, Hibernate, and Oracle.
● Created maven Scripts for building and configuring the project.
● Helping team members for their project environment and technical difficulties.
● Worked as technical point of contact for users, team members, system integrators, product owners.
● Handled all releases following capital one standard procedures from creating Change Orders to code deployment.
● Helped team to migrate to svn repository.
● Handled application support over phone and given quick resolutions.
● Installed SSL certificates and enabled https for the application.
● Involved in TRex exercises and updated the application with latest code. Environment: Core Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate/JPA Eclipse Tomcat Oracle 11g SqlDeveloper, maven, HTML, CSS
- Java Technical Lead at Capital One Financial Corporation
- Java Technical Lead / Architect at GlaxoSmithKline
- Java Technical Lead at Brookstone
- at Anntaylor
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Engineering
Project Title: Carrier Activation Platform (CAP) Description: Best Buy-Carrier Activation Platform team is responsible for developing applications for Best Buy store and online clients to aid them in selling Mobile devices, talk plans, data plans and Home connection services like broadband, cable TV, voice and home security across United States. My role in this project is of a Java Technical Lead responsible for start-to end delivery which involves, but is not limited to, designing, developing and deploying these applications in agile methodology to cater to new requirements. Managing applications enhancements in DEV, QA, and Pre-PROD environments. Responsibilities:
• Lead analyst of the team responsible for High level design, Low level design, Development and Code Reviews.
• Worked on J2EE and Spring for designing and developing an application
• Responsible for design, development and monthly releases in Carrier Activation Platform(CAP) Team.
• Responsible for on-boarding and releasing new provider integration of carriers like VERIZON, DISHTV, DIRECTV, Time Warner Cable and Century Link with Best buy in Home Connections program.
• Develop, deploy and CAP Application developed in Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, Hibernate, SOAP and XSLT Transformation based backend Application.
• Configuring, testing and supporting new Jar migration and Java patches as and when needed
• Modify current Maven Configuration on regular basis to optimize the build process.
• Developed multiple web pages by using HTML.
• Responsible for undertaking migration of current SOAP based web services into REST based Micro-services
• Responsible for maintaining Jenkins deployment jobs for the application and support continuous integration.
• Efficiently using Git and STASH to manage code versioning and merge conflicts from different scrum teams working on the same code.
• Provide QA support during Acceptance, Integration Testing and performance testing.
• Using Splunk to pull monitoring logs to help Business analyst in future enhancement Analysis.
• Creating and modifying queries and stored procedures in application's Oracle Database
• Provide technical support and clarification for BA and QA reviews during new project kickoffs
• Create Application's Technical Handbook and provide knowledge transition to the application support and infrastructure support teams before each release.
• Responsible for designing and developing new batch jobs support asynchronous processing of transactions in CAP Application.
• Provide inputs through documents and presentations to Solution architects for feasibility study conducted for new solutions.
- Onsite Java Technical Lead at BESTBUY
- Senior Software Developer at CITI
- Analyst Programmer at ALLSTATE
- Software Developer at CITI - USA, India
6 years at this Job
Currently leading a team of 12 members in delivering RESTful and SOAP services. These services are part of an enterprise service bus called Optum Integration Layer (OIL).
• Worked on writing code that is reusable by all Java developers.
• Implemented code for consuming web services with different patterns like JWT, Oauth, WS-Security, MSSL.
• Built services using Apache CXF.
• Consumed services based on Content Management Interoperability Standards (CMIS) for delivering APIs that provide ability to perform various functions on documents.
• Implemented code for converting binary stream to attachments.
• Designed the migration of fulfillment services from an existing Enterprise Service Bus called FHUB (Fulfillment HUB) to a new system called Mission Control.
• Lead quality analysts' team in delivering high quality code using SOAPUI, JMETER and automation testing.
• Provided technical guidance to business analysts, gathered requirements and converted them into technical specifications.
• Involved in developing custom exception handling.
• Determined and designed layer7 patterns that are applicable for various services.
• Designed companion guides that are used by solution architects across the project.
• Lead API certification process and technical writing.
• Developed schemas for member, provider, benefits and employer groups services and gathered deep functional knowledge.
• Involved in feature grooming, user story grooming and planning related activities.
• Worked on Junit, Spock and Gatling frameworks for unit testing and performance testing.
• Effectively integrated several Continuous integration/Continuous delivery tools like Jekins, XL release, XL deploy, Github for the services delivered.
• Troubleshooted most of the technical roadblocks faced by the team. Triage team lead Optum Integration layer was faced with almost 200 change requests and I lead a team consisting of solution analysts that focuses on change request management and defect triaging.
• Worked on classifying the incoming change requests as either new requirements or defects.
• Worked with product owners to convert change requests into features.
• Ensured the timely delivery of these features.
- Java Technical lead at United Health group
- IIB developer at
- Senior J2EE Developer at Indiana Public Employee Retirement Fund
- Software Engineer at Tella Infotech Ltd
3 years, 8 months at this Job
Project Name - CORAIL /OPEL
Description: Groupe PSA is the second largest car manufacturer in Europe. It is present in 160 countries and possesses 16 production sites across the world. CORAIL is supply chain management project for Car manufacturing across various plant for PSA. PSA took over General Motors OPEL car manufacture plant and working to bridge the gap between PSA processes and GM processes by implementing CORAIL for OPEL.
● Lead the team Involved in the Analysis, Design, Coding and testing of user requirements for this project which involve technologies like Java (Streams, Lambda, Functional Programming, and Generics), J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Batch, STS and W20 Framework (Angular 2). Build Microservices for the delivery of software products across the enterprise.
● Understand the domain of the project and help the team to envision the same so that they can understand the requirement specified from client side
● Involved in Sprint Stories grooming session and providing feedback from development perspective on the story acceptance criteria and hence the requirement gap
● Trained on Spring Batch, STS Framework, W20 Framework based on Angular 2, Big picture, Tempo.
● Involved in code review activities and deployments
● Also help team to fulfill the development requirements and testing team to test the deliverables in Integration Environment, this project is based on Agile framework and we followed scrum
● Maintenance related issues were logged in the Agile-JIRA tool which were then organized in the form of product backlog, involved in fixing various defects assigned on the Agile-JIRA tool.
● Updating the JIRA issues as and when required, daily scrum discussions, sprint planning meeting, sprint retrospective meeting, tracking deliverables, generating report, sending weekly status reports to client
● Identifying risks and take corrective action to mitigate them, reviewing deliverables and giving demos Environment: Java 1.8, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Batch, Microservices, REST Web-Services, SVN, MAVEN, Agile JIRA, Big Picture, STS Framework, W20 Framework based on Angular 2.
- Java Technical Lead at PSA, los angels CA
- Technical Lead at Cisco
- Technical Lead at AT&T
- Senior Software Engineer at DealerTrack
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- MS in Computer Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication - Electronics and Telecommunication
Modules: Corporate Learning Management System. Responsibilities:
• Building Restful Service Api to integrate various system for content creattion and and exposing content to diffrent systems like App ,desktop based client system.
• Implemenation of best security concepts App to App authentication using SSO architecture.
• Package and deployment using jenkins and Integration with various boundary system.
• Tested the asynchronous web service using postman Source Control Management using GIT and continuous integration & delivery using Jenkins Client tool.
• Code review and managing team task and deliverable to ensure the delivery on given timeline.
• Involved in daily scrum meeting,Involved in providing training on technical and domain knowledge to team members. Environment: Java, spring, Apache Tomcat, Linux, Oracle11G, Java Script, and Html, Jenkins, GitHub, Espresso, Radar, Connect Me.
- Java Technical Lead at Apple Inc
- Java Technical Consultant at HSBC Technology Ltd
- System Analyst at CISCO
- Java Developer at CISCO
4 months at this Job
Liaise with client managers and business analysts in order to gather requirements. Participate in requirements gathering and design meetings, perform requirements, system and risk analysis. Develop Proof of Concepts (PoC), prototypes for integrating applications using Java/J2EE, Spring MVC, AngularJS for UI and continuous integration (CI) on standalone UNIX environments and multicontainer Docker environments on AWS cloud and also mentor developers, perform code reviews Work on multi-tier retail supply chain applications and develop integrations between for seamless end user expereince Designed and implemented services in Spring MVC framework and developed transaction layer using Spring transaction Developed and consumed web services using SOAP, REST and JMS Developed the Fiber UI application using AngularJS. Developed and implemented data layer with MyBatis and integrated the layer with Spring framework Created build scripts on Maven and managed build/release cycles in Windows and UNIX environment Configured applications and performed tuning on Apache, WebLogic web servers in a Windows/UNIX environment Developed and executed unit tests, functional tests, code coverage, automation and data validation scripts
- Java Technical Lead at Abercrombie & Fitch
- Java Technical Lead at Union Pacific Rail Road
- Java Technical Lead at Evoke Technologies
- Sr. Java/J2EE Developer at GGK Technologies
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Computer Science
Description: Current infrastructure of e-Commerce applications was refreshed in 2012 - 13. Hardware and software components are nearing end-of-life and some aspects of the Infrastructure have reached peak capacity and have no room for further growth. IBM Cloud has been decided as the next platform for e-Commerce applications. This project is to successfully migrate all e-Commerce applications into secure (PCI compliant), scalable, cost effective, highly available and agile cloud architecture. To meet the resiliency requirements of e-Commerce applications, solution includes Multi-Region infrastructure with presence in Dallas (US South) and Washington DC (US East) regions in active-active mode.
The migration into Cloud Service Provider (i.e.IBM) and establish a cloud foundation, will result in improvements in enterprise efficiency, productivity, agility and innovation.
• Migration Strategy Development: sequencing, dependencies, timeline, fallback strategies, contingencies
• Environment Design for Cloud Applications
• Cloud Design for compute. Network, Storage. Caching
• Assess and recommend best solution, tools, and process for initiatives like Cloud Migration, Digital Platform (Avis.com, Budget.com, Paylesscar.com, Direct Connect) major enhancements.
• Convert Oracle Stored Procedures and Functions to PostgreSQL
• Support data replication between Oracle Database in the current environment to PostgreSQL and Vice-Versa if soft launch is require
• Use application-monitoring tool Dynatrace Appmon for monitoring the application performance and remediate performance issues.
• Failover monitoring to keep Cloud systems running in the event of system or network issues.
• Use the application development software like Adobe Experience Manager, IBM Datapower, Oracle Weblogic Server, Oracle Coherence, Weblogic, Java/J2EE, Angular JS, springs, Hibernate and Web services to design overall architecture as per the Avis Budget Group Guidelines
• Monitor application behavior and response times post Production Release.
• Support incremental cutover of applications
• Impalement best practices around configuration management and continuous integration.
• Centralized logging and auditing Environment: IBM cloud, Redhat Linux, Windows 10 Developer Machines, Jboss, Apache Webserver, VMware VSphere, Vcenter, Imperva WAF, Hytrust, Palo Alto, Jenkins, Dynatrace, Java 1.8, Spring, SOAP /Rest based Web services, LOG4J2, Maven, UML, XML, XSD, Linux, EDB, Spring Boot
- Java Technical Lead at Avis Budget Group
- Java Technical Lead at Avis Budget Group
- Technical Lead at Avis Budget Group
- Sr.Java Developer at Avis Budget Group
5 months at this Job
- MSc - Computer Science
Milwaukee, WI June 2017- Till Date
Project: Master Data management and Data Quality Management
Role: Java Technical Lead / Sr. Java Developer /Sr. J2EE Consultant
Harley-Davidson is a major US maker of motorcycles and the nation's #1 seller of heavyweight cruisers. The company offers touring and custom Harleys through a worldwide network of more than 1,300 dealers. Harley-Davidson Information Management Services project includes providing support and implement enhancements to their applications in the Master Data Management using IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management (MDM). Customer and Product domains have been implemented. Responsibilities:
• Support the Customer and Product domain MDM application
• Drive data analysis and modeling efforts (conceptual, logical and physical models) as the lead modeler
• Design and develop web services so as to expose Product data to consuming applications like WCS.
• Test web services using SOAPUI and Web services explorer.
• Design and Implement custom RESTful web services for Material Search functionality.
• Used Spring Boot for developing microservices for exposing Product data.
• Analyze Product Data governance requirements and build Data Governance Strategy
• Review the existing Product data landscape and existing Product data integration touch points.
• Implement new Product data integrations with external systems based on new business requirements using RESTful web services
• Used Jenkins for continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).
• Developed data retrieval modules using Spring and Hibernate
• Used Maven Build tool for build management
• Implement and support the data cleansing solution using IBM InfoSphere QualityStage to improve quality of Product and Material data, Maven
• Used Apache Camel for Routing between destinations
• Performed the role of Scrum Master for development sprints Environment: JDK 1.6, IBM InfoSphere Information Server, RESTful web services, JAX-RS, JSON, Mockito, Jersey, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, Jenkins, Apache Camel, Apache CXF, MongoDB
- Java Technical Lead / Sr. Java Developer /Sr. J2EE Consultant at Harley-Davidson Motor Corporation
- Java Technical Architect/Lead at Avnet, Inc
- Senior Technical Lead/Architect at Citibank
- Integration Architect/Lead Designer at PEPSICO Business Solutions Group, Plano - TX
2 years, 3 months at this Job
Description: It is a Pharmacy application which is utilized by Family Meds. This application enables agents and customers to process their prescriptions (In-store/Web). The web application allows the customers to send their prescriptions and get them shipped (home/nearby store), payments can be done.
• Outlined and developed code for Exchange project utilizing the Java EE platform.
• Implemented the application utilizing new elements of Java 1.8 annotations, Generics, enhanced and Enums.
• Utilized multithreaded environment to run the processes asynchronously utilizing distinctive future calls to access to the data.
• Extensively involved in all stages of SDLC including Development, Operation, Maintenance and Testing using Agile methodologies like Scrum and Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Developed the front-end components using HTML, DHTML, Java Scripts, Node.js, ExtJS, JSP, JQuery, AJAX, JSON, XML and XSLT.
• Used J2EE, Servlets, JDBC, EJB for server side development.
• Used JSF Frame Work to implement MVC design and advanced validator.
• Used Jquery to make the application highly interactive and used JSON objects effectively for efficient client side coding.
• Used Spring and Hibernate for implementing IOC, AOP and ORM for back end tiers.
• Used JSF framework and JSF components and beans for web development using Eclipse IDE.
• Designed and developed Webservices using REST framework and Spring Boot.
• Created and injected Spring services, controllers and DAOs to achieve dependency injection and to wire objects of business classes.
• Implemented user interfaces using JQuery.
• Used Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, S3, cloud watch and Cloud Front for promoting code in various environments.
• Used JSF Richfaces to integrate Ajax capabilities to business logic.
• Used advanced feature of JSF Wildcard Mappings for preparing, displaying the form on JSP and submitting form to an action.
• Designed and developed EJB session beans and POJO classes for implementing the business logic.
• Used Spring Framework AOP Module to implement logging in the application for application status.
• Used Spring/Hibernate Batch Transactions and Hibernate cache concepts (Ehcache)
• Used JMS and Message Driven Beans(MDB's) for middleware integration through message oriented middleware.
• Created WebServices, WSDLS, SOAP, ESB's followed SOA pattern.
• Used J2EE Design Patterns (Session Facade, Data Transfer Object, and GO4) for Middle Tier Development.
• Developed microservices with Spring Eureka to retrieve API routes and Implemented Spring Circuit breaker pattern, integrated Hystrix dashboard to monitor Spring micro services.
• Worked on development and operations to facilitate deployment of components over AWS using Jenkins
• Designed Data flow diagrams, class diagrams, component diagrams, Deployment diagrams.
• Developed the presentation layer and GUI framework in JSP and Client-Side validations were done.
• Implemented JSF framework using Eclipse IDE.
• Used WebSphere application server for deploying Servlets and JSP.
• Used advanced Java 8 features like Lambda expressions for array operations, collections. Enhanced concurrency methods etc. throughout the application for well-defined programming.
• Worked with Java 8 Lambda for adding functionality processing capability and Stream API to facilitate pipeline processing and used Filter method to eliminate elements based on the criteria
• Involved in File Manipulation, consuming and developing RESTful Web Service using SPRING BOOT and Hibernate.
• Involved in preparing ANT build scripts(XML based), deployments, integration and configuration management and performing unit testing.
• Wrote test cases using Junit testing frame work.
• Log 4j was used to monitor the error logs.
- Java Technical Lead at Princeton eCommerce
- Full Stack Developer at FlowTraq, Inc
- Sr. Java Developer at Sutter Health
- Java/J2EE Developer at Prosperity Bank
3 years, 6 months at this Job
JAVA TECHNICAL LEAD
Java Tech - Tacoma, WA
• Collaborated with cross-functional development team members to analyze potential system solutions based on evolving client requirements
• Worked closely with other business analysts, development teams and infrastructure specialists to deliver high availability solutions for mission-critical applications
• Worked effectively with cross-functional design teams to create software solutions that elevated client side experience and significantly improved overall functionality and performance
• Tested troubleshooting methods, devised innovative solutions, and documented resolutions for inclusion in knowledge base for support team use
• Rapidly prototyped new data processing capabilities to confirm integration feasibility into existing systems
• Consulted regularly with internal customers on application development project status, new project proposals and software-related technical issues
• Consulted with network engineering staff to evaluate hardware and software requirements for new system development
- Java Developer at Ikov inc
- Subway Manager at Subway
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Associate of Science - Computer Science