-Drive $4 million worth of designer business forward based on sales analysis, margin performance and online consumer findings. -Design and organize yearly calendar of events, trunk shows, and personal appearances highlighting designer lines carried across multiple retail locations. -Maintain proper inventory levels across three stores and optimize stock: monitor transfers, replenishments, and rebalances. -Liaison for troubleshooting sales/vendor issues such as short shipments, late delivery, RTV’s on damaged goods, and invoice discrepancies. -Design company-wide training program to educate sales staff on jewelry designers, inventory collections, visual merchandising, and company procedures.
-Drive $4 million worth of designer business forward based on sales analysis, margin performance and online consumer findings.
-Design and organize yearly calendar of events, trunk shows, and personal appearances highlighting designer lines carried across multiple retail locations.
-Maintain proper inventory levels across three stores and optimize stock: monitor transfers, replenishments, and rebalances.
-Liaison for troubleshooting sales/vendor issues such as short shipments, late delivery, RTV’s on damaged goods, and invoice discrepancies.
-Design company-wide training program to educate sales staff on jewelry designers, inventory collections, visual merchandising, and company procedures.
- ASSISTANT JEWELRY BUYER at Underwood Jewelers
- ASSISTANT MANAGER at Helzberg Diamonds
- MANAGER at Moondance Jewelry Gallery
- MANAGER at Altered Space Gallery
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Art History
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Jewelry Design and Fabrication
- - Applied Jewelry Professional
- - Registered Jeweler
• Responsible for prospecting for new clients to generate new business and expand the organization's customer base.
• Oversee everyday operations in the assigned remote office for buying high end jewelry.
• Consistently ranked among the top 3 estate jewelry buyers
• Proven track record for not only meeting quota for sales but also exceeding that quota. Establishing customer service relationships and applying my skills to generate more leads
- Estate Jewelry Buyer at Leo Hamel
- Assistant at Southern California Gemological Laboratory
- Jewelry Sales Specialist/Customer Care Manager at Russian Brilliants
- Sales and Administrative Assistant at Sprint Diamonds
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Computer ScienceUnder Grad
Over twelve years as volume jewelry buyer / designer with large scale retail and wholesale operations. Expertise in purchasing semi-precious stones, crystals, silver and gold to meet customer needs at lower wholesale cost. Making long lasting relationships with wholesale dealers. Introducing new and unique designs to boutiques and studio departments. Understanding and using color and stone trends in new lines. Calling and hiring jewelry makers for high volume times. Inventory, scheduling, meeting, traveling and cataloging. Publicity for new line at movie premieres, music videos and goody bag events. Working one on one with celebrity clients for individual projects.
- Jewelry Designer / Owner at Kisshy
- Jewelry Design Instructor at Kisshy
- Featured Jewelry Designer in La Opinion at Kisshy
- at Jeweler
25 years, 5 months at this Job
• Content Creator for Social Media & E-Commerce Sites featuring Bespoke, New, Vintage, Antique & Fine Designer Jewelry
• Photographer, Editor, Content Creator, Creative Concepts & Set Designer
• Copywriter, Blog Writer, Landing Page Creator, Innovative Marketing Strategist
• Trend Spotter, Jewelry Buyer, Jewelry Researcher & Authenticator
• Jewelry Model, Brand Representative at Philanthropic & Industry Events
• Pop Up Shop Design, Display Creation, Inventory Management
• Client Concierge, Inventory Specialist, Packer & Shipper
• Experienced with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC, Shopify, Wordpress, Hootsuite, Facebook Ads
• Platforms: Company Website, 1st Dibs, eBay, Etsy, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest
• Sales Results Include: 50% increase Year 1, 200% increase Year 2
• Clients include Verma Jewelry, Veda Jewels, Verma Estate Jewelry, Verma Group Atlanta & New York
- Social Media Manager, E-Commerce Fine Jewelry Marketing Specialist at Independent Contactor
- Independent Business Consultant at District 3 Arts & Events, Tampa, FL
- General Manager, District at 3 Arts & Events
- Gallery Manager at The Great Frame Up
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - History
- Associate of Arts
Top Sales Person
➢ Store Merchandiser/Buyer, Vendor Relations - Short Hills
➢ Gold, Silver, Estate Jewelry Buyer
➢ Estate Jewelry Evaluator
- Director of Visual Marketing at Walter Bauman Jewelers
- Co-op at Finlay Fine Jewelry
- Personal shopper catering to high-end clients on a by-appointment at Tappins
- Assistant Manager of the upscale guild store at Tappins
7 years, 5 months at this Job
* General Daily Management included opening and closing showroom, merchandising and emptying display cases, safes, registers, monies, security system and equipment * Managed millions of dollars of inventory on a daily basis * Managed current, potential and new vendors to ensure quality, reliability, time constraints and client satisfaction were to standard * Procured, sourced and negotiated finished jewelry and materials: metals, diamonds, gem stones * Specialized in closing sales with high end clients * Managed vendors to ensure timely deliveries and quality control on outsourced items * Inventory management * Coordinated custom jewelry orders to in-house jewelers and vendors to ensure client satisfaction with design and workmanship * Client communication with custom jewelry orders * Attended industry shows to stay on top of new trends, procure new sources for materials and maintain industry relationships * Appraised jewelry for insurance purposes * Trained, monitored and mentored sales staff
- General Manager/Custom Jewelry Designer at Duncan Diamonds and Fine Jewelry
- at Duncan Diamonds and Fine Jewelry
- Jewelry Designer at Duncan Diamonds and Fine Jewelry
- Jewelers Apprentice at Duncan Diamonds and Fine Jewelry
10 years at this Job
- - Undergraduate Fine Arts
- - Undergraduate Fine Arts
- - Undergraduate Fine Arts
- - Jewelry Design and Manufacturing
An American jewelry retailer founded in Texas in 1924, with over 700 stores across North America and Puerto Rico. Director of Merchandising/Buyer November 2014 to August 2018
Responsible for managing inventory, administering vendor compliance, conducting sales analysis, training staff and leading an outlet closeout assortment as well as two traveling trunk show programs.
• Implemented an RFQ for gold wedding bands within 60 days and according to specification, the project being a replacement program prompted by an unexpected factory closure.
• Established a new product assortment - including creative work such as developing web content and providing art direction - to recreate the existing brand with higher-valued product material.
• Achieved 48% increased sales volume for men's total weight diamonds by reducing non-productive inventory in related categories and implementing new product within a year.
• Introduced a new team structure to reduce interruptions to multiple people/departments and thereby streamline business performance to better meet the company's financial objectives.
• Updated 600+ vendor contact and vendor buying agreements, audited and updated the vendor policy manual, and handled other vital corporate communications and content.
• Achieved a 6% increase in sales and a 9% increase in GM compensation by overseeing key assortment changes in 2 types of traveling trunk show events.
• Generated a 75% rise in merchandise turns and a 20.7% reduction on inventory in merchandise closeout business in the outlet division in 2015.
- Director of Merchandising/Buyer at Zale Corporation
- Director of Global Sourcing at Accountable
- Fine Jewelry Merchandise Manager/Buyer at Starboard Cruise Services Inc
- Buyer/Business Analyst at Wal-Mart, Bentonville, AR
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Organizational Management
Began in one store then transferred to each store then they created position for me to be the traveling buyer. Wherein I evaluated the clients diamonds, jewelery, coins, etc to make them an offer to buy. I am a GIA diamond graduate therefore they trusted in me to make good decisions.
- ESTATE BUYER at International Diamond Center
- jewelery sales at Goldsmith Jewelery Shoppe
- Insurance Replacement Manager at Mayors Jewelers & Maier and Berkele Jewelers
- Assistant Buyer several times at New York Jewelry Show at Simmons Jewelers
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- diamond graduate - diamonds
- gems and gem identifications GIA - colored stones, gem identifications
- - design
Managed all aspects of running a $2,800,000 retail business
• Diamond Consultant
• General Sales
• Managed staff of twelve individuals performing various sales, customer service, inventory control, accounting and quality control
• Excellent convincing power coupled with the ability to understand the client's preferences and make buying suggestions accordingly
• Oversaw and resolved any and all customer service issues
• Organized and promoted large volume special sales events
• Oversaw and reconciled accounts payable and receivable
• Responsible for all aspects of marketing/communication
• 21+ years of experience as a Fine Jewelry Buyer in a multi-brand environment
• Negotiated with vendors to maintain optimal financial contributions
• Hands-on and personally designed custom-made jewelry
• Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, merchandising and display
• Promoted an environment that fosters the ideas of others and supports ongoing collaboration to execute aggressive business growth strategies
• Controlled inventory, margin and operating costs
- President at Silva & Company Jewelers
- Vice President at Hannoush Jewelers
- Assistant Manager at Kay Jewelers
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Associates of Science - Liberal Arts Studies
National Sales Manager, Key Account Sales Breaks in consulting and independent sales management when working full time for NOVICA, MOD, and South Sun/ Merav Jewelry. Jewelry by Claudia Agudelo.
• Consulting work with Relios by Carolyn Pollack, NOVICA, Talia Merav by South Sun, ExEx
National Sales Manager, Key Account Sales
Breaks in consulting and independent sales management when working full time for NOVICA,
MOD, and South Sun/ Merav Jewelry.
Jewelry by Claudia Agudelo.
- Jewelry Sales, Management & Consulting at Carol Dukes and Associates
- Director of Business Development and Key Accounts -Jewelry at NOVICA, in Association with National Geographic
- Business Development Manager at MOD GLOBAL
- National Sales Manager at South Sun Products/ Merav
20 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Jewelry Retailing, Diamond Grading and Evaluation, Colored Stone Identification
- - Business Marketing and Management