-Design company-wide training program to educate sales staff on jewelry designers, inventory collections, and company procedures. -Create exercises, instructional activities, and training assessments that reinforce learning. -Collaborate with management to identify learning objectives and maintain a yearly training calendar across 3 retail stores. -Maintain proper inventory levels of merchandise across three stores and optimize stock: monitor transfers, replenishments, and rebalances. -Liaison for troubleshooting sales and vendor issues such as short shipments, late delivery, RTV’s on damaged goods, and invoice discrepancies. -Provide visual direction in the merchandising of multiple designer lines across multiple retail locations.
- CORPORATE TRAINER / ASSISTANT JEWELRY BUYER at Underwood Jewelers
- ASSISTANT MANAGER at Helzberg Diamonds
- MANAGER at Moondance Jewelry Gallery
- MANAGER at Altered Space Gallery
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Applied Jewelry Professional
- Master's - Art History
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Jewelry Design and Fabrication
1. volunteer for Portland Art Museum 2. furniture sales and interior design 3. store management for women's clothing 4. company merchandise coordinator for retail stores 5. women's clothing sales and department manager
- Retail Sales Manager,clothing buyer, fine jewelry buyer, interior design,furniture sales at Mervyns, Macys, Ethan Allen, Drexel Heritage, Liberty House
at this Job
- Associate - Design
Over twelve years as volume jewelry buyer / designer with large scale retail and wholesale operations. Expertise in purchasing semi-precious stones, crystals, silver and gold to meet customer needs at lower wholesale cost. Making long lasting relationships with wholesale dealers. Introducing new and unique designs to boutiques and studio departments. Understanding and using color and stone trends in new lines. Calling and hiring jewelry makers for high volume times. Inventory, scheduling, meeting, traveling and cataloging. Publicity for new line at movie premieres, music videos and goody bag events. Working one on one with celebrity clients for individual projects.
- Jewelry Designer / Owner at Kisshy
- Jewelry Design Instructor at Kisshy
- Featured Jewelry Designer in La Opinion at Kisshy
- at Jeweler
25 years at this Job
* Managed sourcing, purchasing, and replenishing of designer jewelry across 15 airport specialty stores in Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, and Albuquerque * Oversaw new product mix and sourcing of designer jewelry during the opening of 4 new Avila retail stores * Managed Annual Regional Vendor Day program, remotely vetted local products for department * Jewelry repair processing between customer and vendor for all of Avila's specialty stores * Created knowledge reference tools for specialty store staff, to include specific product and care instructions
- Designer Jewelry Buyer at Avila Retail & Development
- Business Owner at Black Mountain Jewelry
- Buyer at Beadbox Inc
- Studio Assistant at Peters Valley Craft Center
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Fine Arts
Led Jewelry Division, including Fine, Bridge and Fashion Jewelry. Developed merchandise strategy and financial plans. Led a team of 22 merchants. Negotiated all on-air partner contracts. Traveled domestically and internationally to source new product and spot market trends. Annual volume of $220M.
• Increased Gross Profit % by 250 bps. Focused on driving top brands and eliminated underperforming brands.
• Implemented strategy of investing in additional stock in key brands to drive sales.
• Collaborated with other division leaders to drive strategic objectives.
- Director Buying - Jewelry at HSN, INC
- at HSN, INC
- Buyer at HSN, INC
- Associate Jewelry Buyer - CZ at HSN, INC
1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - (BS), Marketing
Fulfilled opening and closing responsibilities, including making daily bank deposits,
balancing the registers, unlocking and locking the store, as well as preparing the "Daily
Sheet" in order to brief associates on critical sales metrics and the sales goal
• Analyzed sales data in order to strategically zone associates based on their strengths
• Held store wide team meetings to discuss what products are selling and to strategize ways to boost sales of less popular items, as well as to provide product knowledge on different items, equipping sales associates with the necessary tools for effective selling
• Invigorated jewelry sales by motivating the associates through various competitions, by providing two jewelry fun-facts a day to increase product knowledge, and by holding frequent conferences with the jewelry buyer to discuss strategy and sales
• Composed the nightly email to brief other managers on sales numbers and metrics, if the store made plan, items that sold well that day, and employee recognition
- 2nd Assistant Manager, Jewelry Specialist at South Moon Under
- Sales Associate at
- Graphic Design Intern at KANE PRINTING
- Market Associate at POTOMAC FARMER'S MARKET
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Graphic Design
Premier designer jewelry and accessory manufacturer distributed in over 30 countries. Built integrated marketing campaigns and directed all programs worldwide for Carolee and licensed brands - Lauren/Ralph Lauren, Trina Turk, ABS, French Connection. ACHIEVEMENTS Business Development Tripled the size of the company together with the Carolee leadership team. Transitioned through the sale and integration of the company in 2001. Expanded distribution worldwide by building strategic partnerships. Gained additional prime real estate in store and online. This resulted in an increase of wholesale shipments, turn and customer acquisition. Slashed spend by 40% with PR and advertising agencies while ensuring continuation and enhancement of services that increased the customer base. Conceptualized and drove 40th anniversary campaign with a jewelry design competition and the establishment of a perpetual scholarship for Fashion Institute of Technology students. Digital Designed and directed the first B2C website. Identified and planned a strategic move to a more robust platform leading to a 400% increase in business and profit in less than two years. Generated more than a 200% increase in online sales by selling and co-designing digital campaigns and landing page banners with top retail partners. Secured, designed and launched a B2B site in partnership with the e-commerce team. Design Achieved a 10% lift in business over our competition by executing a million dollar refurbishment of all POS displays for Lauren Jewelry partnering with the Polo design team. Co-conceptualized and launched a highly interactive and entertaining retail store concept for jewelry leading to the opening of 15 in-store shops in the US, Europe and Asia. Collaboration Negotiated and nurtured key business relationships by creating cross-pollinating events with companies including Estee Lauder, Demetrios Bridal, Conair, Proven Winners and Bobbi Brown. Innovation Envisioned, developed and launched a brand ambassador program targeted at college and young career age woman. The ambassadors endorsed, wrote and blogged for the brand in exchange for product. Process Improvement Created a Design Standards Manual to achieve consistent branding worldwide that clearly depicted all collateral and visual guidelines. Improved efficiency and effectiveness of the design process. Championed a data collection tool that improved workflow and generated hours of cost savings by reducing rounds of design work. Branding Built “Carolee loves! Charity” - a cause-marketing platform - with charities that benefit woman and children, raising more than one million dollars and generating thousands of media impressions. Positioned Carolee as the go-to trusted name for bridal jewelry by marketing in store, on line, at bridal shows and with vendor partners. Increased the focus on high margin core products. Distribution Led design, construction, opening and training of over 20 Carolee shops in Japan, China, Canada, England, Germany, Taiwan, Philippines and the US. Designed jewelry kiosks and packaging for Duty Free Stores. Additional Experience FEDERATED DEPARTMENT STORES, Burdine’s, Miami, FL DMM, Fashion Director of Product Development - Shoes, Handbags, Jewelry, Accessories and Intimates Buyer, Designer Handbags, Gucci and Fendi Buyer, Designer Jewelry Buyer, Men’s Neckwear, Robes and Sleepwear Department Manager, Juniors Assistant Buyer, Women’s Dresses EDUCATION University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School, Aresty Institute of Executive Education University of Connecticut, Continuing Studies, International Business Fashion Institute of Technology, Fashion Buying and Merchandising RECOGNITION Frank Seward Spirit Award, Wilton YMCA for volunteer service
- Vice President, Global Marketing at CAROLEE LLC, a Brooks Brothers Company, Stamford, CT
- Vice President, Retail Operations at Carolee LLC
25 years at this Job
- Aresty Institute for Executive Studies - Business
- - International Business
Wholesale jewelry sales to major retailers and other wholesalers. Attend trade shows and high spot throughout the United States. Emphasis on customers in the liquidation business, and special event situations. Have maintained a working relationship with many customers as a secondary business over 25 years. Have brokered many deals satisfactorily between vendors I represent and niche customer base I established as buyer for a major liquidation company.
- Sales Representative at Independent Contactor
- Insurance Jewelry Evaluator at ENSERVIO, Insurers World
- Head Gold Jewelry Buyer Manager at Gordon Brothers Group
- Sales Representative at
25 years at this Job
- - Human Development
- Some college
Part time selling fine jewelry and appraisals
- at Boyer's Diamonds
- Administrative Assistant, Payroll, Microsoft Excel and Outlook at Riverside Business Office
- Home Store Business Manager at Dillard's Inc
- Project Coordinator at Commercial Carpets of America
10 months at this Job
- AAS - medical administration
• Administrative duties include answering phones, qualifying and making appointments, answering emails.
• Set up, organize, and breakdown jewelry cases as well as put out new merchandise.
• Take photographs of jewelry, edit, create listings and post on Ebay and Etsy as well as manage both accounts; maintain online sales and ship out orders.
• Post and communicate on Instagram; influence and gain new followers for brand. Market and promote events for brand.
• Works in secure area with large volumes of high level jewelry and watches.
- Administrative Coordinator and Online Sales at Samuelson's Diamond and Estate Buyers
- Owner Of The Mint Garden at Etsy
- Server at Outback Steakhouse
- Associate Jewelry Buyer at Fire and Ice
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing
- Associate of Arts - Marketing