Goodwill Industries of Central Florida
• Conducts intake interviews to assess skills and abilities of potential clients
• Manage high volume portfolio independently with little to no management oversight
• Established a new program within Goodwill to provide support for lower functioning clients
• Develops relationships and builds partnerships with companies in the community in order to employ individuals with disabilities
• Use a variety of teaching strategies to help participants learn particular tasks; ensure that tasks are completed according to the standard established for that task.
• Provide coaching in "soft skills" to facilitate successful transition to competitive or supported employment outcome.
• Monitor and teach work related skills and behaviors such as appropriate communication, on-task behavior, grooming, and appropriate social interactions.
• Provide training in work skill(s) and techniques identified in the participants' training plan, based on assessments done by the Job Placement Specialist or Vocational Specialist.
• Travel to job sites on a regular basis to observe clients' work behavior and train to remove barriers.
• Ensure that all client case records and program activities are managed in a manner that ensures sensitivity to and compliance with all requirements for client confidentiality.
• Ensure that all required client data is accurately recorded in the departments' client information system to provide accurate, current statistical data for the department.
• Participate in programmatic discussions with referral sources or other professionals providing services to clients.
• Develops community contacts for employment opportunities
- Job Placement Specialist at Goodwill Industries of Central Florida
- Employment Specialist at Quest Inc
- Inclusion Facilitator at In Home/ School Therapy
- Coach at CITY OF TALLAHASSEE - PARKS, RECREATION & NEIGHBORHOOD AFFAIRS
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Event Planning
1. Responsible for vocational rehabilitation activities which support consumers who want work adjustment training, job search and placement, and skill training for volunteer assignments, work experiences, part-time or full-time employment. 2. Coordinate employment services, including development of community jobs, working with employers to ensure quality job placements, working with outside agencies and partnering to benefit the employment program. 3.Cooperatively work with treatment sites to established mutual outcomes for the people we serve
- Job Placement Specialist at Consulting Services by Tami Sparks
- 3rd Grade Teacher at The Vanguard School
- Inclusion Specialist at Georgia State Dept of Care and Learning
- Early Childhood Special Educator at US Army
9 months at this Job
- BACHELORS OF SCIENCE - SPECIAL EDUCATION
- MASTERS OF CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY - CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
• Provide workers compensation clients with job placement skills, involving case management duties
• Monitoring case procedures, documentation, job placement reviews, and researching labor markets for potential employment opportunities
- Job Placement Specialist at The Alaris Group Inc
- Production Coordinator at Megaclean Corporation
- Nursing Office Assistant at Allina Medical Center
- Corrections Officer One at MN Department of Corrections
15 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Nursing Assistant
- B.A. - Sociology
• Assisting individuals with creating and editing resumes
• Teaching interview skills
• Helping with appropriate workplace expectations
• Job coaching
• Helping individuals with job retention skills
• Assisting employers of individuals to make the placement and employment a success
- Job Placement Specialist at Skills Unlimited
- Day Habilitation Specialist at
- Counselor at East Hartford Public Schools
- Special Education Paraprofessional at East Hartford Public Schools
11 months at this Job
- - Physical Education
- High School Diploma
Work with young adults to find unsubsidized employment while meeting weekly, monthly, and quarterly
placement targets required by government and private funders
• Initiate and maintain relationships with employers, business and industry representatives with hiring needs suited to skills, interests, and abilities of Door Career and Education participants
• Develop sales pitches tailored to prospective employers and refine based on specifics of each employer
• Conduct individual and group job search sessions with Career and Education participants
• Assist participants to complete job applications and prepare for interviews
• Conduct regular follow-up with employers who have hired participants and report results to appropriate staff
• Prepare and refer participants to OSY CUNY (BMCC, Kingsborough Community College and College of Staten) IS Option 1 training programs
• Perform administrative duties including tracking all job referrals, placements, and other job development activities daily and weekly
• Supervise a group of 35 young adult in internship program by conducting site visits and meetings with supervisors
• Host hiring events monthly
- Job Placement Specialist at The Door
- Executive Assistant at Kasirer LLC
- Program Assistant at Trinity Church Wall Street
- Operations Coordinator at Crohn's and Colitis Foundation
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Sociology
At Olympia Placement Services I was focused on successfully placing our clients with disabilities in a long term job position. To successfully place them I would do group trainings where together we would create emails, resumes, and do online job applications. I would also do one on one trainings where I could go more in depth with clients that needed the extra help, I would slow everything down and do more hands on so that they could get a better understanding of the material. Navigating the internet and Microsoft word was something crucial that I went over so that they could have a great understanding of the platform for when they work it independently. I was also able to network with hiring managers and while doing that I was given the opportunity to advocate for my clients.
• Meet with counselors and clients to plan out what their job goals consist of.
• Weekly meetings with clients to work on resumes, online applications, emails, and mock interviews.
• Constant communication with counselors about the client's status.
• Worked only with clients that have a disability.
• One on one training to enhance client's social skills, digital skills, and communication skills.
• Prepare monthly reports to submit to Texas Workforce Vocational Rehab Department.
- Job Placement Specialist/ Job Skills Trainer at Olympia Placement Services
- Missionary Associate at Chi Alpha Campus Ministry
- Internship at Adult Living (PAL) case management department
- Instructor at Quinta Mazatlan
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation Services - Rehabilitation Services
Assess and register client-students in job prep courses and oversee daily administrative functions for organization offering real estate, small business administration, marketing, and other career paths.
• Accurately completes and maintains quarterly and annual reports outlining student demographics, job placement information, business operations metrics, and performance metrics as well as reports for executive level management.
• Administrates daily operations of school such as organization, finances, and answering questions for new and existing clients.
• Played role in developing new software that increased revenue and productivity.
• Coached client-students in interview procedures to meet 70% job placement goals.
• Oversees daily operations of several departments and engages in project plan development.
• Monitored administrative procedures and provided analysis and recommendation for improvement to productivity, including restructuring billing process that reduced time for sending 15 invoices from seven days to one.
• Took initiative to participate in unscheduled state audit in absence of owners from office.
• Updated departmental procedures handbook, resulting in higher revenue by improving productivity and efficiency.
- Job Placement Specialist / Office Manager at The Learning Source
- Default Account Specialist at RIVO Holdings
- Executive Assistant at Law Office of Raymond Contreras
- Data Entry Clerk at BAE Systems
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Business / Certificate
• Encouraged clients to enhance their skills in job searching, interviewing, business and personal finance
• Coordinated referrals to provide individuals with relevant community resources
• Implemented effective solutions by collaborating with stakeholders
• Provided a resource for a diverse array of clients to counseling, case management, higher education and job training
- Job Placement Specialist at Consumer 1st Choice
- Recovery Manager at Primrose Health Solutions
- Supervisor at Centre for Neuro Skills
- Quality Auditor at Wingspan Portfolio Advisors
2 years at this Job
- Master of Art - Management
- Bachelors of Science
Achieved great customer service by engaging, greeting, and informing our clients about local jobs in the area
● Organized and filed for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
● Communicated with clients and employees to see if their needs were met
● Conducted job interviews
● Implemented different recruiting websites such as Indeed and ZipRecruiter to acquire talent
● Located and attended different networking events
● Located Job fairs to acquire employees
● Create and scan new clients files
- Job Placement Specialist at UniStaff Office Inc
- Data Entry at KeyHolder
- Sales Associate at Lids LockerRoom
5 months at this Job
• Answering incoming calls.
• Helped students with Job Placement.
• Scheduled Job fairs.
• Administered testers.
• Processed paper work for new students to Work Source Centers.
• Assisting in special projects.
• Data entry.
• Ordered office supplies.
- Job Placement Specialist at EdNet Career Institute, Inc
- Program Assistant at North East Valley Work Source Center
- Receptionist at Santa Rosa Church
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Certificate - Dental Assistant