I am an experienced Judicial Assistant who is knowledgeable of current court rules and procedures as well as the varied administrative duties for managing the office of the Judge. I am relocating to the Naples area and seek to continue and grow in my professional career as a Judicial Assistant. AUGUST 2013 - PRESENT
JUDICIAL ASSISTANT - 16TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT OF FLORIDA, MONROE COUNTY
• Manage the Judge's court docket.
• Communicate and coordinate hearings and trial schedule.
• Prepare and assist in drafting orders.
• Review case files ensuring complete and proper documentation. (civil, criminal, domestic, and probate.)
• Maintain strong professional relationships with judges, attorneys, law enforcement, and county personnel, all the while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with policies and procedures.
• Directed and coordinated bailiffs and clerks to endure efficient outcomes of daily court proceedings
• Answer and direct call using a multi-line phone
• Coordinate hearings with attorneys and pro-se litigants to ensure timely disposition of cases
- JUDICIAL ASSISTANT at 16TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT OF FLORIDA, MONROE COUNTY
- DIGITAIL COURT REPORTER at 16TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT OF FLORIDA, MONROE COUNTY
- MONROE COUNTY CLERK OF COURT at
- MONROE COUNTY MEDICAL EXAMINER at
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Judicial Assistant for Circuit Judge
- Judicial Assistant at Hillsborough County, FL
- Case Manager at Youth and Family Alternatives in Partnership
- Intake Specialist at Agency for Community Treatment Services
- Sales Manager at
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminology
- Certification - Board
• Judicial Assistant and Courtroom Clerk for Pro Tem Circuit Court Judge David V Cramer and Pro Tem Circuit Court Judge Christopher J Casebeer.
• Responsible for scheduling hearings, calling and organizing parties, maintaining Courtroom security, recording, scanning and data entry for Court documents, preparing and checking accuracy on Judgments and Orders pre and post signature, all while maintaining the Courtroom record and acting as the Court Clerk when Court is in-session.
• Judge Cramer left as of 2018, since then I still do work for Judge Casebeer but my duties have switched primarily to a support role for all of the Courtrooms and the Trial Court Administrator's Office.
• This job started as a temp job with Judge Paulette E Sanders, I then worked myself up to Judicial Assistant from a data entry position.
- Judicial Assistant/Court Clerk at Oregon Judicial Department
- Store Manager at Cellaris
- Salesman/Mentor/Store Manager at Mybullfrog.com/GoWireless
- Sales Associate at Wireless Connections
3 years at this Job
- Enrolled - English Degree Program
- High school
4. Judicial Clerk Supervisor / Judicial Assistant / Judicial Clerk / Judicial Clerk Associate Resume
12/29/11 - Current Judicial Clerk Supervisor / Judicial Assistant / Judicial Clerk / Judicial Clerk Associate
- Judicial Clerk Supervisor / Judicial Assistant / Judicial Clerk / Judicial Clerk Associate at Maricopa County, Arizona
- Customer Service Representative II at State of Arizona - Department of Transportation, MVD
- Fraud Specialist II at Wells Fargo - Claims Assistance Center
- Office Specialist III / Acting Administrative Assistant / Office Specialist II at City of Hemet - Community Development
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Educational Technology with an Emphasis in Adult Training
Work closely with two Juvenile Judges to manage their workload and court schedule relating to child welfare and juvenile delinquency cases, filing motions and issuing court orders. Selected for an incentive award on December 04, 2018 for my work with Judge Fonnesbeck. Advanced to a Judicial Assistant level 02.
- Judicial Assistant at 1st District and Juvenile Courts
- Licensed Insurance Representative at Randy Ivie Allstate
- Office Assistant at State Farm Insurance
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Education
- Associate of Arts
- High School Diploma
Managed the office of a Marion County Judge. Performed a variety of complex administrative and secretarial duties including proofreading opinion letters and other documents for accuracy. Drafted judicial orders and judgements utilizing excellent writing, grammar and punctuation skills. Managed the judge's calendar. Examined all legal documents submitted to the court for adherence to court protocols. Verified all case law cited in documents on LexisNexis and WestLaw. Organized exhibits for upcoming hearings and trials. Acted as communications liaison with parties in cases and the public. Explained procedures, schedules, forms and other court processes. Regularly interacted with the judge, many attorneys, correctional facility staff, inmates, victims, witnesses, plaintiffs, the news media and the general public. Trained new office staff.
- JUDICIAL ASSISTANT at OREGON JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT
- JUDICIAL CLERK at OREGON JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT
13 years, 3 months at this Job
• Assisting court patrons and pro-se litigants in person or over the phone
• Processing default judgments in accordance with legislation
• Processing documents filed for review by the judge or commissioner
• Clerking civil hearings, delivering oaths, and maintaining and publishing accurate minute entries
• Effectively managing and scheduling the judge's civil calendar
• Maintaining an organized work load and using numerous databases with proficiency
- Judicial Assistant at Second Judicial District Court
- Freelance Editor at Practical Law China and Practical Law International Transaction Guides
- Copy Editor at Practical Law China and Practical Law International Transaction Guides
- Adjudicator at Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution
2 years at this Job
- Post Graduate Diploma - (PGDip)) Legal Practice Course
- LLB (Hons) - Law
- Diploma in French Legal Studies - French and International Law
* Implemented use of Microsoft Outlook for calendaring and docket management, eliminating the need to maintain a Redbook * Trained 4 incoming Judicial Assistants in court procedures, industry practice and technology, shortening the integration process by 50% and increasing productivity * Monitored over 2000 cases in a county civil division to include but not limited to, small claims, PIP matters, water remediation matters, debt collection, landlord/tenant matters, animal infractions and traffic infractions * Processed Florida Bar Referee Attorney Disciplinary matters, including Florida Bar v. David J Stern * Drafted documents, orders, correspondence and e-filed using various computer programs * Scheduled court proceedings, maintained calendar and docket * Prepared travel authorization and reimbursement requests
- Judicial Assistant at STATE OF FLORIDA- FIFTEENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
- Magistrate Assistant at STATE OF FLORIDA- FIFTEENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
- Paralegal Specialist at STATE OF FLORIDA OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL- Civil Litigation
- Administrative Secretary at STATE OF FLORIDA OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL- Civil Litigation
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Legal Studies
- Associate's Degree - Paralegal Studies
Assistant to Judge Kevin G. Hessler, Associate Judge Circuit Court for Montgomery County, MD Return phone calls from private attorneys, public defenders, pro se litigants and detectives/police officers and assist them in identifying legal requirements of matters under the Court's jurisdiction. Provided complex and detailed clerical support to the assigned Judge and maintained the individual calendar. Set court dates for juvenile, civil, probate and family files. Work closely with the Judge, law clerk and courtroom clerk on assigned files. Organize files, conduct legal research and prepare memoranda on pending cases. Perform case/record management duties. Update the Judge's pending report to make sure the assigned cases were up-to-date. Attend court proceedings and take notes. Review motions and make recommendations regarding the status of the filing. Prepare, edit and draft orders and opinions. Complete challenging tasks in a timely manner and manage a heavy daily workload. Enhanced efficiency in the judicial office by setting up a shared note file for concurrent editing by myself, the law clerk and the Judge. Conduct the hiring process of judicial law clerks and interns in our chambers and train them.
- Judicial Assistant at Montgomery County, MD
- Firm Administrator at Dragga, Hannon, Hessler, Wills LLP
- Office Administrator at Dragga, Callahan, Hannon, Hessler, Wills LLP
- Legal Assistant at Dragga, Callahan, Hannon, Hessler, Wills LLP
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Science
Judicial Assistants work alongside judicial officers, legal counsel, court staff, jurors, and members of the public in an exciting courtroom environment. They are tasked with the vital responsibility of managing the daily flow of courtroom activities to ensure the courtroom runs efficiently. Among other duties, Judicial Assistants maintain the official record of the court (documenting all case dispositions and decisions), act as a liaison between judicial officers and other parties, manage case exhibits, administer oaths, and manage the daily court calendar.
- Judicial Assistant at State of Alabama
- Contracts and Compliance Officer (CCO) at Birmingham- Jefferson County Transit Authority (BJCTA)
- Contracts and Government Affairs Administrator at Birmingham- Jefferson County Transit Authority (BJCTA)
- Executive Assistant/ Office Manager at Birmingham- Jefferson County Transit Authority (BJCTA)
11 months at this Job
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology