Atlanta, Georgia * Additional responsibilities include custom queries to update database daily * Utilize Visual Studio Source Control * Junior DBA responsibilities * Restore database from backup * Refresh lower environments * Shrink databases to increase drive space
- Junior DBA responsibilities at Pull-A-Part
- at Pull-A-Part
- Business Analyst at K Force, Inc
- Reporting Analyst at Verizon Wireless
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Physics
Provided Systems Administration task for our mixed Server 2008/2012 domain.
• Worked with Executive team and Project managers to facilitate the company's needs in the SharePoint and Construction Management Software (Spectrum) environment.
- Junior DBA/Developer at Sunland Construction Inc
- IT Consultant at Premier Data Systems
- IT Specialist at Imperial Fire and Casualty
- Owner/Operator at Archangel IT Services, LLC
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Diploma - Computer Networking Specialist
• Proficient in installing, creating and designing Oracle database 11g/12c on Windows/UNIX/Linux platforms (familiar with ASM).
• Configured Oracle database network components to adhere to industry best practices.
• Learned and worked on each aspect of database administration such as installation, configuration, applying patches (Opatch), upgrades, migration, performance tuning, backups, recovery & restoration, and capacity planning.
• Proficient in Oracle database backup & recovery strategies plan and implementation such as user-managed backup, RMAN backup with/without catalog, cold and hot backup, full/incremental backup.
• Scheduled RMAN backups, purge jobs, Maintenance Jobs using DBMS_JOBS, DBMS_SCHEDULER and Crontab.
• Proficient with implementing and regulating optimum physical database design (datafiles, tablespaces, extents, archive logs, redo logs) and evaluated database capacity by monitoring online storage, growth and file system space, in conformance to the Optimal Flex Architecture (OFA).
• Maintained Oracle 12c with ASM file system with Grid infrastructure on a Linux environment.
• Provided assistance to other interns in administering, monitoring, configuring, tuning, troubleshooting and correcting problems.
• Familiar with troubleshooting, database backups, disk space, capacity and server availability to keep database from bottlenecking.
• Created and managed Oracle Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigned users to groups; granted and monitored privileges & permissions to appropriate groups.
• Generated and managed user access and Oracle security to protect database and safeguard data integrity
• Experience with Oracle 11g/12c new features: Flash-Back Recovery, and Data Pump
• Currently practicing Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Oracle Database Experience.
- ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATION INTERN (JUNIOR DBA) at Chaveran Institute of Technology
- TIER II SALES CONSULTANT at Best Buy
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Political Science
Fab Glass and Mirror is a manufacturer and distributor of glass and mirror products and one of the fastest growing companies in America (#131 INC 2017 & #183 INC 2016).
• Worked as an MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008R2/2005 Administrator and responsible for installation, configuration, tuning and provided 24 X 7 dedicated support to all production Servers.
• Migrated the SQL 2000, 2005 and 2008 to 2012. Resolved the issues after migration of the Database.
• Worked on various types of system units monitoring and fixing technical problems that might possibly prevent the database instances from their daily run.
• Played a key role in establishing Entity Relationship Diagrams using industry leading Data Modeling tools like ERWIN
• Attended and participated in information and Requirements Gathering sessions.
• Translated business requirements into working Logical and Physical Data Models
• Identified and mapped various data sources and their targets successfully to create a fully functioning data repository.
• Created and maintained user's logins and Roles.
• Administered databases including backups/restores, security, patching, monitoring of scheduled jobs & alerts.
• Created stored procedures for maintaining SQL Server, Written Stored Procedures for Application Developers.
• Troubleshot day-to-day problems encountered on production, development and test database environment
• Hands on experience and outstanding knowledge of high availability SQL Server solutions, including replication and SQL Server clustering.
• Generated Script files of the databases whenever changes are made to stored procedures or views.
• Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, clusters, indexes, procedures, and triggers and maintained Referential Integrity.
• Query performance tuning.
• Supported programmers for moving objects to different environments.
• Wrote and modified many SQL queries while working in a very fast paced environment.
• Investigated and resolved Dev/QA connectivity issues.
• Analyzed data to identify sales trends and ensure data integrity using SQL scripts and Power-BI.
• Determined key performance indicators including visitor profiles, web analytics, mobile and social analytics.
• Maintained the daily, weekly and monthly performance reports of the team.
• Developed business intelligence solutions for all business areas including: operations, accounting, marketing, and executive management.
• Created and maintained various monthly sales reports to track productivity for certain products to build annual forecasts and budgets.
- Junior DBA/Analyst at FAB GLASS AND MIRROR
- U Tester/ Self-Consultant at iLearninstitute
- Analyst Engineer/ Support at NETWRIX CORPORATION
- Software Analyst/Tester at MCGRAW-HILL EDUCATION
2 years at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Commerce - Business Management
2+ years IT experience with a specialization in Database
Administration and providing support in software application development, testing,
implementation and maintenance with Oracle 11gR2 environments.
• Knowledge of database fundamentals such as relationships, primary and foreign key constraints, indexes, etc.
• Data restoration, data recovery and data migration experience on Linux and Windows servers using RMAN, EXPDP and IMPDP and database cloning.
• Knowledge of using Enterprise Manager in Oracle 11gR2 to perform administrative tasks and view performance issues as well as creation and scheduling of database jobs.
• Setup and management of database security by creating new users, profiles, assigning privileges and roles required in development, testing, training and production environments.
• Ability to write SQL to access, define and manipulate data in Oracle 11gR2.
• Expert on creating and modifying database structures as required by developers due to business and application requirements and creating test databases for testing and training.
• Strong commitment to tasks, excellent follow through, ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and challenging environment and strong attention to details.
• Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills, proven quick learner with leadership, analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well independently while being a supportive team member. Professional Database Administrator, Neway IT Consulting
• College Park, Maryland USA
- Junior DBA at NewayIT Solutions
1 year, 3 months at this Job
Environment: Unix/Linux, HPUX, AIX, Sun Solaris, Windows servers x; Oracle 10g, 11g, OEM 11g/13c, RAC, DATA GUARD etc. About 500+ servers, 5000+ databases and 1200+ applications)
• Automated hourly, daily, weekly system health and performance monitoring jobs using Crontab, PL/SQL, shell scripts, dbms scheduler, OEM etc.
• Performed Hot & Cold Backups (RMAN, EXPDP/IMPDP, EXPORT / IMPORT, OEM)
• Database complete and incomplete recovery using different utilities.
• Datagaurd / Disaster Recovery creation, management, testing, implementation etc. Both (Physical/logical/Active standby databases.
• Data replication and management using Oracle Golden Gate, materialized views etc.
• Database Refresh / Replication from production to Dev/UAT/QA using various utilities.
• Design, develop and maintain UNIX shell scripts to collect and monitor database & server metrics.
• Performance troubleshooting & tuning of databases using utilities like statspact, tkprof, AWR, ADDM, OEM, Sql Tuning tools, advisors, SPM etc.
• Grid Control (10g/11g/13c) Installation, Configuring and management
• Oracle software installation, database creation and design.
• RAC (10g/11g/12c) / ASM installation, configuration & management.
• Managing Database Structure, Storage Allocation, Table/Index segments, Rollback Segments, Undo Segments, Constraints, materialized views etc.
• Perform refreshes, patches, migration / upgrade of databases from filesystem to filesystem, NON-ASM to ASM and vice versa across different platforms.
• Managing and creating User accounts, profiles, roles, privileges, auditing etc.
• Providing support, mentoring and escalation point of contact to Junior DBA's.
• Overall administration of database to ensure optimal health and performance and proactively address issues or make recommendations to application team/stakeholders
• Research and recommend new cost savings efficient ideas/technology to stakeholders.
- Lead Consultant (Oracle DBA) at Infosys Limited
- Oracle DBA/Shift Lead at Tata Consultancy Service
- Oracle DBA at Michelin Tires
- IT Technician / Trainer at Flex Computers Engineering Institute
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- BS - Computer Sciences
Remote Data Experts (RDX)
• Proactively monitor database and operating systems with the ability to quickly trouble-shoot problems and implement their appropriate resolution.
• Use monitoring software SolarWinds and Big Brother to monitor client's environments and provide appropriate support
• Experience troubleshooting high availability issues in Always On, log shipping, transactional replication, and mirroring
• Responsible for triaging alert notifications and escalating to appropriate senior staff or appropriate OS team as needed.
• Follow procedures that are SOX, HIPAA and ITIL compliant when resolving issues.
• Use sound communication skills, and proper documentation to convey detailed analysis of systems status to client, peers, and senior staff. South Central Pool Supply (SCP) Operations Manager Pittsburgh PA
• Kept inventory control on over $1 million worth of product
• Resolved customer Warranty/Vendor Claims
• Handled daily employee concerns and questions
• Maintained Warehouse Safety
• Ensured trucks were loaded and delivered on time Inside Salesperson
• Interacted with walk-in customers
• Performed all necessary counter sales and money transactions
• Answered questions with knowledge gained from training and on the job
• Took verbal and written orders via face to face, phone, fax or email
• Entered all necessary data into the Prelude system
• Tracked customers product from manufacturer to branch
- Jr DBA at Remote Data Experts
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology
- High School Diploma
• Responsible for the annual issuance of 1099s ◦ Create and implement new automation processes ◦ Validate the accuracy of sensitive/secure information
• Assist DBA and IT with SQL server installations both upgrades and standalone installations
• Administer databases including backups/restores, performance monitoring, and report gathering using T-SQL
- JUNIOR DBA at ArbiterSports
- SQL DEVELOPER at ArbiterSports
- Q/A ENGINEER at ArbiterSports
1 year at this Job
- High school
1400 Lookout Dr Richardson, TX 75082 September 2018 to Present
• Monitor Databases for reliability and performance.
• Use CA's DB2 Utilities to perform Image copies, Reorgs, Display the claimers to a Database.
• Use IBM's SPUFI and QMF to write SQL queries. Perform Image Copies, Recovery, REORG, and RUNSTATS.
• Created and reviewed SQL queries in TOAD.
• Created and maintain DB2 tables for client.
• Mentor junior DBA's in the duties of Data Base Administration.
- Operations Manager/Senior DB2 DBA Admin at Cognizant Consulting
- z/OS DB2 DBA Admin at John Deere
- IT Technical Associate- DB2 DBA at Lake Cook Rd
- DB2/IMS DBA Part Time Consultant at Steve Schley
4 months at this Job
- - Design & Management
- Bachelor of Science - Continuing Education
- Associate of Applied Science - Applied Science
- Programmer/Analyst at Sentient Jet
- Programmer/Analyst at Boston Financial Data Services
- Systems Analyst at Specialty Commerce Corporation
- Programmer/Analyst at Medical Information Technology
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer - Computer