Worked under Chef Ernesto Palaia as a Junior Sous Chef developing new menu and daily specials for special events * Handled all BOH operations including, inventory, prep, ordering, and keeping all equipment clean and organized
- Junior Sous Chef at Deleece Restaurant
- Chef MIKE MANSINE at Loblolly country club
- Grill Cook/Expeditor at Gibson's Steakhouse
- Head Line Cook at McCormick & Schmick's
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Produces a wide variety of Pastries, Baked Goods, Frozen Desserts, Viennoiserie and Yeasted doughs
• Does mentoring to new hires
• In-Charge of Stock Inventory Management
• Work closely with the Pastry Sous Chef to oversee production, cleanliness and organization
- Junior Sous Chef at La Merceri
- Pastry Line Cook at The Clocktower
- Founder / Cake Decorator / Baker at Bite Me Sweet Treats
- Partner / VP for Marketing and Sales at Triple "R"
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Diploma - Pastry & Baking Arts
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
junior sous chef
- Chef Manager at Rosewood Care Center
at this Job
- o,level - hotel carering certificate
- High school
at Apex Restaurant
Worked directly with Executive Chef Shawn Armstrong on executing daily specials, menu planning and catered events.
• Responsible for production, supervising and cross-training in all stations
• Ordered monthly inventory and scheduled special prep and cleaning duties
• Ensured that food safety and sanitation adhered to resort policies.
- Junior Sous Chef at Montage Ski Resort
- Cook One (Worked under renowned Chef, Christian Gaboritt) at Radisson Blue
- Banquet Chef / Consultant at Ravenswood Catering and Events
- Schedule, train, mentor, and direct staff at STATION E
1 year at this Job
• Directed staff in the restaurant kitchen as well as in the field when completing catering jobs.
• Performed at peak levels at all times to give team members a goal to achieve.
• Supervised all kitchen food preparation while operating in a demanding, high-volume environment.
• Oversaw kitchen employee scheduling, meeting all coverage needs and avoiding wasted labor.
• Helped staff adhere to tough restaurant requirements through effective discipline and motivation.
• Devised creative food and wine pairings as part of a successful cross-marketing strategy.
• Maintained all stations in a clean and organized fashion.
• Plated food according to restaurant artistic guidelines for an attractive presentation.
• Created new menu items and interesting plating designs.
• Performed as head chef as needed to maintain team productivity and restaurant quality.
• Maximized customer satisfaction and team performance through a command-based structure and absolute control over staff actions.
• Created diverse cuisine's, including full restaurant, special event, catering and tasting menus.
• Managed purchasing of supplies and ingredients for normal operations and special events.
• Devised special menus and food services for events at the restaurant and customer locations.
• Checked food portioning for optimal presentation and cost control.
• Built strong vendor relationships to bring in top ingredients for optimal prices.
• Maintained facility compliant with health codes, sanitation requirements and license regulations.
• Broke down heavy pallet loads of cases, boxes and bags.
• Greeted all customers.
• Served an average of 500 patrons daily at a University of Arts in Philadelphia.
• Educated guests on daily specials and menu offerings, enabling them to make decisions on appetizers, entrees and desserts.
• Assisted guests with making menu choices in an informative and helpful fashion.
• Followed save serving safety requirements and kept a list of available ride services for inebriated customers.
• Provided constructive suggestions and encouragement to employees.
• Interviewed, hired and trained new team members.
• Added special garnishes and other finishing touches to dishes prior to delivering to customers.
• Assisted servers and dining room hosts and quickly responded to guests' needs.
• Closed down the kitchen after each shift and precisely followed closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Junior Sous Chef at PARKHURST
- Bartender Server at CxRA Restaurant Associates
- Legal Intern at TCRC
- File Clerk at CHRISTIE PABARUE MORTENSEN & YOUNG
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE - PARALEGAL STUDIES
-Saute Cook -Fry Cook -Grill Cook -Pizza Cook -Garde Manger -Prep Cook -Inventory Control -Receiving Management -Customer Relations -Recipe Development -Personnel Management
- Junior Sous Chef at Grandview Public Market
- Junior Sous Chef at Ebisu Japanese Restaurant
- Lead line Cook at Sparta Family Restaurant
- Grill Cook/Line Cook at Grizzly's Grill n Saloon
8 months at this Job
Maintaining quality in the signature fine-dining restaurant of the Westin Kierland. Assisting chefs in daily preparation and execution of service and leading the team to daily successes. Ensuring food safety and sanitation per HACCP.
- deseo Junior Sous Chef at The Westin Kierland Resor
- Cook I at JW Marriott Desert Ridge
- Cook I at The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Production of pastry for banquets, ordering when necessary, finishing plate up desserts, delegating tasks to my shift, production of tasting items for the chefs, keeping up on par pastries
- Junior Sous Chef at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort
- Pastry Chef at Merriment Social
- Baker at Honeypie Cafe
- Junior Sous Chef at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
1 year, 5 months at this Job
• Prepared food from multiple cuisines for parties ranging (100-1700)
• Conducted multiple styles of functions (Corporate meetings, Weddings, Galas Bat/Bar mitzvahs)
- Junior Sous Chef (crew leader) at Abigail Kirsch Catering Relationships- Pier
- Head banquet chef at Butter group
- Production Manager at Aramark
- Student assistant at Liberty Market
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Business - Food Service Management
Responsible as the primary cake decorator and baker. Responsibilities include all
production related to cakes including:
○ Preparing and baking from scratch, cake rounds (6"-12"), and cake sheets of all
cakes sold in retail and wholesale.
○ Flavors that were prepared for cakes include Chiffon, Chocolate Oil, Red Velvet,
Italian Cream Cake, etc.
○ Decorating all custom cake orders including work that may involve fondant,
buttercream, and stacking tiers.
● Assists and manages mass production orders for both retail and wholesale which include baking from scratch, assembling, cutting, and garnishing orders, including but not limited to: ○ Tiramisu Opera Cakes ○ 2-Layered Chocolate Cakes ○ Garnishing mini and individual sized desserts ○ Caramel Sauces ○ Mousse Domes ○ Ganaches ○ Italian Buttercream ○ Meringues
● During busy shifts, may need to answer calls and answer to customer needs, or will need to be pulled to front of house to assist in customer care.
● Responsible for looking after staff when Chef and Sous Chef are absent from the kitchen to answer questions and assist with staff needs.
- Junior Sous Chef at Haute Sweets Patisserie
- Manager/Cake Decorator at Tous Les Jours Bakery
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- 2-Year Certification - Pastry Arts