Acted as the first and last line of support for 130+ employees across two locations. Assisted systems administrator with various projects. Researched and implemented technology solutions.
• Started campaign to transfer user data from local computer to OneDrive cloud storage, eliminating data loss upon user device hard drive failure, and expanded file sharing flexibility.
• Decommissioned a Windows RRAS server running PPTP. Created and secured a Windows RRAS server running IKEv2 and SSTP.
• Created and configured a two-tier Windows Enterprise PKI with offline too CA.
• Maintained a combination of over 30 Windows and Linux servers, a vCenter instance, several ESXi Hosts, and a Dell EMC SAN.
• Oversaw and monitored backup jobs, plans, storage for 25 TB of data.
• Performed Active Directory overhaul, including OU restructure, object cleanup, and group policy.
- Junior Systems Administrator at The Chudy Group Rx, LLC / Parata Systems, LLC
- IT Network Intern at Steinhafels, Inc
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Associates in Applied Science - Computer Systems Networking
• Administered and created users accounts in Active Directory/ Client Exchange/ and Shoretel Connections VoIP
• Managed the virtualized server environments daily and HyperV desktops identifying potential performance issues and resolving them before they have a negative impact on the end-users.
• Maintain VMware, virtual environment as its host sever infrastructure. (Windows 2012r2 and 2016)
• Deploy and maintain new Domain Controllers with Active Directory features
• Administered DNS, AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Go Daddy hosted zones.
• Monitor server backups with Unitrends backup appliance.
• Helped move to new Data Center
• Experience in Data Center move including moving all new Systems and Workstation to new HQ building.
• Administered and maintained VM migrations in VmWare
• Provided support level 1 and 2 in HQ for 350+ users and 100 International users.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and printing issues as they occur. Also Install, configure, retire, and refresh PC equipment. (Dell, Surface, Lenovo, HP, Mac)
• Setup new workstations for new employees.
• Maintained important level of customer service to associates and Level C executives
• Administered users accounts and licenses in Adobe Management console
• Experience in a Client/Server operations environment Microsoft OS and supporting a Mobile Device Management platform. .
• Remote support using TEAM VIEWER/ LANDESK REMOTE/SCCM/VNC
• Utilize technical and procedure documentation for Help Desk, PC desktop/laptop configuration standards and install procedures.
• Set up secure WiFi, LAN and VoIP networks at remote locations, leading client/server configuration and performance-tuning of crucial infrastructure to ensure seamless business operations.
• Assisted Sr. System Administrators in managing and supporting the computing security challenges with SCCM as well as pushing the updates patches.
• Troubleshoot and resolve basic network LAN/WAN, TCP/IP protocol and server access problems for associates including printers.
• Cut incident callback rate by 12%; used technical, analytical and communication skills to accurately identify user needs and provide effective solutions.
• Awarded “Star Employee” three times for delivering outstanding technical support and customer service first three months of employment.
• Imaged, configured and updated desktops and laptops for new or existing associates.
• Support weekends on rotation bases.
• Administered pc desktop, laptop and msc equipment inventory
• Maintained and administered computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, application software and all configurations. Some which included Windows7/8/10 and MAC OS.
• Administered and assisted with maintenance and monitoring of the Windows Server environment(Windows server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016) with Lead Sr. Systems Administrator
- Junior Systems Administrator at Neora International, LLC
- Junior Systems Administrator at Credit Union
- Management Trainee/Rental Agent at Enterprise Holdings
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Associate - Informations Systems
- High school or equivalent
Performed freight charge analysis between orders taken online verses orders entered directly into JD Edwards Order
Entry system. Identified calculation discrepancies between the two systems.
• Worked with a developer to import sales order and freight data into DB2 tables on the iSeries for further analysis.
• Configured over 100 printers into the company's new print server.
• Shadowed Lead Network Engineer and Senior System Administrator while performing various network tasks.
• Assisted with the processing of Helpdesk cases. Gained hands on experience with desktop hardware and applications.
- Junior Systems Administrator at Carolina Biological Supply Company
- Desktop Technician at Carolina Biological Supply Company
- Desktop Technician at Carolina Biological Supply Company
- Cashier at Chick-Fil-A
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Computer Information Systems
Provide around the clock coverage for Military Health System (MHS) network and MHS desktop office systems ○ Provide support for desktop hardware and software applications and network communications ○ Respond to and diagnose problems through discussions with users via recognition, research, isolation and resolution ○ Provide Tier 2 support for application and desktop hardware ○ Maintain database of trouble tickets and escalations via BMC Remedy Software ○ Manage and create Windows Exchange mail user accounts ○ Manage user and computer accounts via Active Roles and maintain Organizational Units ○ Provide phone and in-person support for Exchange Mail, Windows, Office, Sharepoint, CHCS/AHLTA/Essentris, hardware issues, and printers ○ Install, maintain, and upgrade government provided application software ○ Train and familiarize new Tier 1 Support personnel ○ Assist and manage scheduling of Tier 1 personnel
- Junior Systems Administrator at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
- Advanced Technical Support / On The Job Trainer at Dish Network
- Homeowners Insurance Agent at Geico Insurance Agency
- Auto Sales Consultant at Rosner Volkswagen of Fredericksburg
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Computer Science - Computer Science
Demonstrate great customer support by identifying end-users' problem, promoting end-users'
satisfaction, and implementing service and technical improvements accordingly.
• Perform system configuration and troubleshoot information technology-related issues for the customer's websites.
• Maintain, manage, troubleshoot and upgrade content management systems and servers for performance and security related issues.
• Took responsibility for assessing customer feedbacks, and make necessary recommendations to upgrade service in order to increase and promote end users' satisfaction.
• Proficiently perform troubleshooting, configuration, and minor modifications to Content Management Systems such as WordPress, Joomla, Magento, and Prestashop.
• Proficiently maintain product and service knowledge by working knowledge of cPanel, HTML, CSS, PHP/MySQL, WHM, Linux CLI, WP CLI and PHPMyAdmin. Tier1E (Expert)
• Proficiently manage and establish DNS, configuring and setting up email and FTP for clients.
• Responsible for generating and administrating SSL certificates.
• Proficiently maintain composure and patience in face of difficult customer situations.
• Show great customer support by troubleshooting software, and network issues, and resolving customer complaints and concerns using strong verbal and negotiation skills. Highlights Include: Customer Service Award: Was given the annual customer service award due to the number of compliment feedback received while in a customer facing role. Documentation Contributer: Regularly contributed to the internal Wiki with corrections and new articles Mentoring: Training junior employees to familiarize them with more technical concepts in system administration Process Development: Creating internal scripts to help automate frequent tasks
- Junior Systems Administrator at InMotion Hosting
3 years at this Job
- Some college
SUPERVISOR: DAVE SOLER 973-724-7528
• Implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and validations for DoD Security Directives derived from (SCAP) scanning systems
• Ensure high availability of our (ERP) system through systems analysis, patching, and proper administration
• Utilize SIEM technologies to pinpoint security incidents, vulnerabilities, and obtain log data
• Assist Sr. Systems Engineers with (SCCM) tasks for proper distribution, imaging and hardening of systems
• Help prepare and maintain desktop and laptop images using Microsoft Operating System Deployment (OSD)
• Manage domain based Active Directory and Group Policy for authentication and policy distribution
• Analyze, design, implement, and maintain documentation of current environment setup and operating standards
• Capacity planning and development of long term goals for systems, network, CNC machines and software
• Large-scale software and hardware testing for our customers
• Support ISSM and ISO to maintain and enhance detection and prevention capabilities
• Monitor Host Based Security System (HBSS) to ensure proper communication and rectify issues as needed
- JUNIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR at UTRS INC
- IT SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN at APEX ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES LLC
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- BACHELORS OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
- ASSOCIATES OF SCIENCE IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE - CRIMINAL JUSTICE
• Perform regular server maintenance on physical and virtual servers
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems with Windows, Linux, and OSX operating systems
• Create, modify, and deploy system images for end users
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems with physical networking equipment such as switches, routers, firewalls, and access points, as well as logical networking problems including subnetting, VLANS, and VPNs
• Work with, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in Citrix, Viewpoint, and Timberline products
• Create financial invoices for accounting on behalf of the IT department
• Resolve elevated end user IT related problems
• Create standard use IT procedures for users
• Manage user accounts in Active Directory as well as using Group Policy
• Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on security equipment including firewalls, spam filters, and security systems
- Junior Systems Administrator at Winning Technologies
- Technical Support Consultant at Milwaukee Public Schools
- Lead Official/Umpire Trainer at Wilson Park Youth Baseball
- Independent Contractor at Gannet Industries
6 months at this Job
- Associate - Ongoing - IT Networking
- Associate - Ongoing - Information Technology Specialist
- Associate - Ongoing - IT Security Specialist
- Certificate of Completion - Spanish Language Proficiency
• Installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC.
• Diagnose, resolve software and hardware incidents.
• Recommend and implement upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
• Assess functional needs to regulate system purchase specification
• Support in testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
• Assist all our users with training and access issues
- Junior Systems Administrator at Career Technology Center
- Over Night Associate at Walmart Inc
- Server at NW DC
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Information Systems & Cybersecurity
• Configured, launched, and maintain Slack for enterprise wide communication.
• Work with IT leadership in managing and maintaining a stable and secure IT infrastructure.
• Act as level-three support with desktop/software issues when Senior Support and Desktop Support need assistance.
• Technical support of Windows and MAC OS workstations.
• Remote troubleshooting over phone, email, shared desktop, & Citrix.
• Administer and maintain Windows, Citrix and ESXi servers.
• Manage and provision SAN storage hardware.
• Develop project plans with department managers and directors for new applications.
• Administer SCCM servers and manage security updates and patching processes.
• Proactively monitor network systems and facilities to detect service degradation and/or
• failures in power, communications equipment, software, and hardware.
• Administer Windows AD and Exchange environments.
• Administer Mobile and MDM platforms.
• Documenting and diagramming IT environments
- Junior Systems Administrator at Kobre & Kim LLP
- Systems Administrator at Prysm Inc
- Lead IT Student Employee at UNM School of Law
- Student Technical Specialist at University of New Mexico
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Businesses Administration/ Information Systems
Provide Tier 1, 2 & 3 support for 400+ users on site for a completely virtual and air gapped environment
● Onboard new users including creation of AD accounts, email, network shares, and RSA token management
● Maintain and create access control lists for Active Directory groups, password vaults, physical areas, network shares, software applications and other systems
● Configure and administer the entire Atlassian Suite including Jira Software & Service Desk, Confluence, BitBucket, and CROWD
● Migrated an old TrackIT ticketing system to Jira Service Desk coupled with a Confluence knowledge base to aid users and store documentation relevant to the Information Assurance team
● Gather requirements and implement new workflows in Jira to enhance various business processes
● Act as Scrum Master for the Information Assurance team by coaching and leading all Scrum events, removing impediments, and continually educating the team on the Scrum framework & principles
● Conduct team building activities to solidify Scrum practices and act on feedback from end-users to enhance team output and efficiency
● Adapt and maintain a product backlog, Sprints, and various Scrum metrics using Jira Software
● Configure software installations using PDQ deploy and handle installation of engineering applications
● Remediate licensing issues for all engineering applications and work with external and internal network personnel to open ports/protocols on firewalls for application licensing
● Implemented and maintain a solution for software & license inventory using SQL and SSIS packages
● Work with vendors to setup new areas including fiber runs, hardware acquisition and configuration
● Support the Security team and help to implement cyber security controls outlined by NIST 800-171
● Deploy and maintain a Windows Certification Authority server
● Created and maintain a password vault for all infrastructure accounts, vendor websites and applications
● Maintain Nessus scanner definitions and examine, report on, and remediate detected vulnerabilities
● Secure systems & software, research CVE's, and recommend alternatives when vulnerabilities are found
● Collect and provide reports to management regarding network security statistics and make recommendations for adoption of new policies, standards and procedures
● Configure message classification software for the marking of sensitive documents
● Research and recommend replacements/solutions for outdated software and business processes
- Information Assurance, Junior Systems Administrator at Collins Aerospace
- Information Technology, Associate System Administrator at The Foundation Center
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science - Computer Science