As a Junior Trader I developed the knowledge, skills, and behavior needed by leaders to achieve success at Morgan Stanley by understanding the importance of the company vision and mission. I have a demonstrated record of success and achievement at Morgan Stanley, marked by additional positions of increased influence, authority, and accountability. As a trading assistant, I fulfill a critical role overseeing the development of the company's products, minimizing risk and maximizing returns. I have also been called upon to lead and act as the main channel of communication between external and internal stakeholders. * I am the main point of contact over 50 of the firm's top clients and four of the top producing trading desks between portfolio managers, traders and clients regarding issues. * I Answer all client inquires ranging from price mismatches to the economics of a trade with values ranging from 5mm to 1B and utilize both internal and external stakeholders to manage expectations. * Research bond pricing and yield curves on Bloomberg and calculate Greeks for P&L throughout the day, to support upper management and guide different trade cycles * I assist PMs in managing risk by providing real time updates and I lead weekly meetings with PM's to discuss reporting and market changes affecting trade flow. The team also discusses new products and complex trade structures to ensure all risk is accounted for. * I am the team lead on treasury auction for sales and trading and I am responsible for taking bids and running the weekly Dutch-style auction for billions worth of debt * I am the main point of contact for institutional dealers for collateral loan balance and present data showing desk exposure. I ensure that all trades are matched and risk for all parties is realized throughout the day. * I generate reports showing discrepancies within our P&L and any client related issues for upper management * Analyze daily P&L risk exposure capturing any inefficiency for sales and trading. Tracking risk and ensuring all positions are hedged and allocated in the best structured way for Morgan Stanley.
- Trading Assistant /Junior Trader at MORGAN STANLEY
- Associate at MORGAN STANLEY
- Intern at KELLOGG CONSULTING, LLC
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics - Economics
Julien Jaber Education
- Junior Trader at Akuna Capital
1 month at this Job
- BA in Statistics - Economics
• Executing natural gas trading and preparing trading-related reports.
• Learned proprietary methodologies and trading systems that support an established trading business
• Real-time risk management in the form of trade entry and risk layoffs
• Work side by side with senior traders to enhance existing trades; identify and pursue new opportunities
• Developed knowledge of commodity markets and risk management techniques
- Junior Trader at T3 Trading Group
- Summer Analyst at Kerburn Rose
- Summer Analyst at Shanghai Fullway Finance
- Verification Engineer at General Motors
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- M.S . - Electrical Engineering
- B.A - Electrical Engineering
• Collaborate with senior traders to perform market analysis, derivatives selection with hedging strategy(Like buy and sell two Forex Pairs to lower the risk).
• Utilize various trading platforms(Gain Ibroker, Forex.com) to operate client Futures account (Index Futures & Brent Crude Oil) and Forex account, buy and sell mini futures contract, receive 7% return on average.
• Monitor and track news, market conditions and trends to take advantage of potential arbitrage opportunities. Make cold call and other broadcasting ways to communicate with potential clients.
- Junior Trader at Broker Junction, Series L.L.C.
- Research Analyst at Hartford HealthCare Fund
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Science - Financial Risk Management
- Bachelor of Science - Environmental Science
• Sales representative for a large, multinational coffee importer where I completed all processes related to the sale of green coffee to US based roasters. My main role was to act as a “buyer” for roasters who did not have the resources/time to actively manage a green coffee purchasing scheme.
• Daily creation of sales contracts and all necessary documentation related to order process (sales contract creation, release order instructions, communication with Outbound Logistics and client).
• Continually communicated with roasters discussing Olam Specialty Coffee’s current inventory of green qualities/quantities, forward predictions and position management strategies.
• Sales representative for over one hundred active accounts. Twenty core accounts of whom I was in frequent communication with via e-mail/telephone. Several core accounts were generated through my own research/cold calls, who had no prior business relations with Olam Specialty Coffee.
• Provided my professional input with Green Buying Department on coffees to purchase for Long Position.
• Back-up coverage for fellow Trading staff who were currently traveling/away from the office.
• Olam Specialty Coffee representative at national coffee events, trade shows and clientele visits.
- Junior Trader at Olam Specialty Coffee
- Climbing Coach and Instructor at McDermott Family
- Quality Control Manager at Volcafe Specialty Coffee
- Quality Control Assistant at Volcafe Specialty Coffee
1 year, 7 months at this Job
• Managed small account trades on a daily average of 500K;
• Understand the concept and calculation of the market value credit risk (Credit Valuation Adjustment CVA)
• Evaluated the risk involved and prepared the relevant reports;
• Financial Modeling (Discounted Cash Flow DCF Model & Option Pricing Model)
• Hedging Strategies (using Treasury Futures Bonds contracts; Delta Neutral Strategy and Theta Strategy for Options trades)
• Review and substantiate the calculation of CVA's delta, gamma and gamma.
- Junior Trader at MULTIBANK FINTECH LTD
- Quality & Risk Management Service Trainee at MAZARS GROUP
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- M.S. - Financial Management
- MBA - (Part-time), Business Administration
- B.Sc. - Bachelor of Financial Engineering
Purchasing Sales Supply Chain Inventory Management SAP Logistics
- Junior Trader at JBS - Swift Trade Group
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
- Associate - Business
• Negotiate and execute trades on Bloomberg for clients repo portfolios and reinvestment desk
• Created an Excel macro to compare BrokerTec 10am repo averages report with client inventory list to identify specials and optimize daily UST & MBS lending generating a higher spread for reinvestment desk
• Responsible for setting all overnight repo rates and rolling term reverse repo trades for reinvestment desk
• Create MBS bilateral repo trade confirmations for dealers, ensuring all agreed upon details are correct
• Responsible for booking all new/roll/substitution MBS repo trades and Treasury collateral swaps using Global One and proprietary systems, coverage extends through trade life cycle
• Provide detailed market color to clients gathered from dealer relationships providing client with counterparty appetite, rate indications and general market commentary
• Run daily P&L for reinvestment desk monitoring all repo, reverse repo, and time deposit trades
• Issue and respond to all margin calls for repo portfolio, using Bloomberg to price securities
• Work closely with middle office and counterparties tracking trades to confirm they have settled correctly
- Junior Trader-- Associate at Mitsubishi UFJ Trust & Banking
- Associate Consultant at JDX Consulting
- Summer Analyst at Good Hill Partners
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology
- - literature
- - music
• Manage portfolio allocation mix of ETF, long/short equity, options, and fixed income securities.
• Knowledge of financial market and conditions.
• Employ qualitative and quantitative methods to seek out investment opportunities.
• Execute trades in accordance to fund objectives seeking maximum absolute returns within the framework of a favorable risk-reward profile; strong adherence to risk management.
• Institute a dynamic approach with multiple uncorrelated active tactical strategies generating positive annual returns since inception.
• Contribute to fund growth from startup to multiple million-dollar fund – implementation of fund strategies.
• Efficiently operate within the team in a highly competitive environment – adhering to a culture of group success.
• Perform technical/fundamental market analysis and investment monitoring using proprietary and independent resources.
• Practice of adhering to high standard of integrity and ethics.
• Supervisory responsibility of junior trader. Applications Bloomberg, Reuters, Realtick EMS, IB-TWS, Sterling, Factset, Morningstar Direct, WhartonWRDS, CRSP/Compustat database, MS Excel, XLMiner, MS Access, SQL, SAP BW, SAP Business Objects Analysis, Salesforce and Tableau.
- Investment Analyst - Trader at OPT Asset Management
10 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Analytics
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
Supported commodity and foreign exchange trading for customer activity and risk management for spot and forward trading using Wall Street Systems and Bloomberg, performed trades in senior traders abscesses according to pre-planned strategy
• Analyzed and studied diverse aspects of the commodity and foreign exchange market to better serve our customers
• Priced crude oil and natural gas derivatives and option structures for customers to assist them in hedging risk using Bloomberg
• Ensuring OFAC checks and other pertinent compliance measures were up to date for new and existing clients of the bank
- Junior Trader - Commodities & Foreign Exchange at DNB Bank ASA
- Client Reporting Analyst/Consultant - Private Equity Fund Services at JP Morgan
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Management
- - Business