Maritime Capital is a diversified fixed income hedge fund located in Midtown Manhattan.
One of the first 5 employees at Maritime, now 20
• Trading IG municipal bonds up to 1,000 in size on a discretionary basis
• Facilitating relationships with sell side brokers
• Helping the head trader with overseeing the two biggest books (over 500mm total), applying bumps and cuts to bids and offers, controlling daily trading volume (500-1000 trades) and portfolio quality (8,000+ line items)
• Participating in new issue smaller deals by running comps, deciding whether the deal is rich/cheap, giving indications to the leading brokers, responsible for selling the bonds
• Showing bonds into retail and institutional inquiries, responding to bids from ECNs and brokers, back bidding offers and bidding BW, while keeping in mind states' monthly cash flows, issuers or states' tightening or widening and portfolio exposure needs
• Providing backup coverage for other traders on the desk
• Participating in building proprietary trading and operations systems, helping develop and implement algorithmic and relative value trading ideas
• Selling bid wanteds on ECNs as KCG, TMC, Tradeweb, MarketAxess and MBWD
- Junior Trader at Maritime Capital LLC
- Trading Assistant and Operations Specialist at Maritime Capital LLC
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- BBA - Finance
- - Linguistics & Translation Studies
● Orchestrated cocoa futures hedging in the NAFTA region as the primary trader.
● Managed and executed inputs on profitability of daily transactions and managed daily P&L activities.
● Capitalized $110,000 average monthly P&L based off of $2 million investment.
● Partnered with internal and external international suppliers and led on reconciliations over terms and pricing.
● Inspected the position management of multiple internal business units to ensure risk mitigation.
● Purchased raw materials for use at 13 NAFTA plants with collaboration and input from supply chain teams.
- Junior Trader at Barry Callebaut
- Commodities Trading Analyst at Barry Callebaut
- Purchasing Intern at Marquette Purchasing Department
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Operations and Supply Chain Management
Implemented complex hedging strategies to provide liquidity across world markets. Double-digit increase in book volume over time. Trading instruments and positions included:
• Interest rate markets: EURIBOR, German 2- and 10-year bonds, 3-month Canadian Bankers' Acceptance futures, 3- month Euroswiss, Brazilian 1-day interbank deposit rates
• Derivatives: options-based volaitity index of the Euro Stoxx 50 and VIX, options-based volatility index of the S&P 500.
• Soft commodity markets: white sugar, raw sugar, ICE Cocoa, ICE Coffee, CME Cocoa, CME Coffee
• Energy: Brent and WTI crude oil, low-sulphuy gasoil, heating oil, natural gas
• COMEX Metals: gold, silver, copper
- Junior Trader at HQ in Bromley, Kent, UK
- Trader Intern at HQ in Bromley, Kent, UK
1 month at this Job
- - International Business
- - General studies
• Communicated with 15+ primary brokers to sell mortgage backed securities and pools with an ADTV of $400M
• Monitored political, economic, and duration/interest rate risk to implement strategies to protect profits
• Hedged a portfolio totaling $12 billion of rate locks and closed loans using mortgage loans on the TBA Market
• Led the securitization of custom pools to enable depository banks' compliance with Community Reinvestment Act
• Wrote the economic script for the daily video segment to educate thousands of brokers and loan officers
- Junior Trader at United Shore Financial Services
- Investment Analyst at Hantz Group
- Securities Trader at T3 Trading Group, LLC
- Vice President of U.S. Equity at Student Ran Fund at WSU
5 months at this Job
- - Economics
Responsibilities Monitor & execute trades on ALLQ platform, via phone and Bloomberg IB/MSG Monitor Broker screen pricing and Market Access inquiries - support sales with markets and axes etc Confirm Trades and facilitate settlement with clients. Establish and update accounts for Sales team acting as liaison to Compliance and Risk Departments Monitor Buy-ins - Coordinate coverage via repo or outright purchases Work with Risk on capital charges, aged positions, position marks and P&L
Monitor & execute trades on ALLQ platform, via phone and Bloomberg IB/MSG
Monitor Broker screen pricing and Market Access inquiries - support sales with markets and axes etc
Confirm Trades and facilitate settlement with clients.
Establish and update accounts for Sales team acting as liaison to Compliance and Risk Departments
Monitor Buy-ins - Coordinate coverage via repo or outright purchases
Work with Risk on capital charges, aged positions, position marks and P&L
- Junior Trader / Desk Assistant at Cantor Fitzgerald & Co, - Emerging Markets
- DCM TRADE SUPPORT at Cantor Fitzgerald
- Store Manager at Accent on the Home
- Senior Loan Officer at Fidelity Borrowing LLC
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of General Studies
- SERIES 7/63
• Independently manage execution and risk management for a $500k account
• Leverage R for Monte Carlo, K-Means, and other statistical packages for factor research
• Hypothesis testing, backtesting, strategy creation and implementation with R via RStudio
• Quantified the cost benefit of achieving beta neutrality with options vs. underlying
• Backtested the performance of trading analyst actions the day of an analyst rating change
• Strategies: o Equity Long Short - Ensemble of fundamental and technical strategies o Macro ETF Strategy - SVXY, TLT, HYG, LQD, SLV, GLD, USO, UNG
- Junior Trader & Researcher at Avatar Securities, LLC
- at Paper & Live Accounts, R & Python
- Analyst - Beta Strategies at J.P. Morgan
- at Paper & Live Accounts, R & Python
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance
- - Finance
• Member of team of traders and software developers that execute high frequency algorithmic trading strategies focused on Agricultural, US Treasuries, Eurodollars, Euribor, Short Sterling Gold, and Energies markets
• Proficiently manage trading systems and positions, with great attention to detail in various market conditions. Have proven to show ability to handle high pressure situations and effectively prioritize multiple tasks as needed.
• Responsible for calculating daily P&L based on settlement prices and calculate commissions by product. This is essential to identifying which strategies and markets are underperforming and where we are inefficient in the number of contracts traded. This has resulted in tweaking strategies to increase P/L and save money by limiting over trading on certain cm tracts.
• Main point person for monitoring daily futures statement to verify our current positions match our internal system. Then communicate any discrepancies with clearing house then take proper steps to resolve issue.
• Identified bugs in proprietary software that resulted in saving the company money and help increase P/L. Took screenshots and recorded order ids, so the developers knew exactly where the bug was. This saved them many hours of going through trade logs and code.
• Worked directly with software developers to talk through any software problems and provide suggestions to help improve systems efficiency. Tested software improvements and updates and provided feedback on how can be improved.
• Built Excel model to track daily LIBOR rate, rate change, and how market reaction.
• Charged with the responsibility for thoroughly training junior trader how to operate our systems and various strategies and to provide any support and guidance on trade execution and risk management.
• Constantly staying abreast of news throughout the world i.e. political events, central bank announcements, and any economic releases and how they may impact markets.
- Trader at PORT 22, LLC
- Trader at HENNING-CAREY TRADING
- Trader at Dorman Trading
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
Complex logistical, planning and coordination role, working within an international context to optimize efficiency and provide high-value account management expertise
• Full ownership of domestic and international trades in the fats and oils division; researching markets and developing complex spreadsheets to analyse/track trends that offer increased profitability for the trade group
• Record of success in coordinating/optimizing logistics via rail and freight; consistently meeting and exceeding customer expectations and quality standards to drive long- term sustainable custom, whilst delivering cost decreases to improve margins
• Effective management of multi-million-dollar accounts to ensure currency of receivables and payables
• Expertise in establishing high-performing networks of buyers and sellers; gaining keen insights into the market and engaging major price movers - recently contracting a customer to purchase three times more product than previously, increasing profits by $200,000 per annum
• Effectively oversee the supply chain of multiple facilities to establish a position in the market and optimize returns
• Timely and accurate completion/maintenance of all transactional documentation to ensure accountability and auditability
• Full accountability for all administrative duties for the division; employing attention to detail and expertise in SAP
• Present profit and loss reports at executive level; translating data into useable outputs
- Junior Trader at JBS - Swift and Company Trade Group
- Inventory Manager/Export Documentation Specialist at JBS - Swift and Company Trade
- Shipping Coordinator at JBS - Swift and Company Trade Group
- Internship at Operations Inter
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Agribusiness
• Promoted from junior to senior trader after consistently producing one of highest revenues and ROC in company.
• Top-five trader nationally for responding to client RFQs on multiple electronic platforms, averaging over 400 trades a day, demonstrating ability to work quickly and effectively in high-pressure environment.
• Designated sales contact for entire trading desk, enabling traders to move large or aged positions leading to reduced trading expenses, minimized losses, and released capital for future trades.
• Leveraged successful institutional and retail client relationships for conflict resolution in trade disputes while maintaining favorable client feedback.
• Evaluated new electronic trading platforms and provided recommendation on usage to management.
• Trained junior traders and chosen to act as mentor for new employees.
- Senior Vice President, Senior Trader, Investment Grade Corporate Bonds at Millennium Advisors, LLC
- Junior Trader, Investment Grade Corporate Bonds at Millennium Advisors, LLC
- Operations Associate at Millennium Advisors, LLC
- Research Assistant at StrategyOne, Edelman
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- BA - Economics
• Analyze and perpetrate long and short (stock) position supported by technical and fundamental analysis.
• Carry out intraday, day, and swing trades by utilizing light speed software, stocks charts setup, and adapting to the market trends to remain profitable.
• Learn and work alongside senior traders who have extensive experience in the subject field.
• Follow economic and geopolitical developments, and various financial markets to anticipate the market trend.
• Critically assess my day to day progress and maintain trading portfolio.
- Stock Broker at T3 Trading Group LLC
- Multinational Consultant Italian Firm at Ital Consult Saudi Arabia
- Assistant Resident Engineer at Republic Engineering Corporation Ltd Pakistan
- Civil Engineer at Snowy Mountains Engineering Corporation Pakistan
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelors of Science - Civil Engineering