Job Duties: Providing management oversight for several vulnerable and volatile communities throughout the nation of Jamaica. Ensures that the Restorative Justice programme is operationalized, as it should, within each of the fourteen (14) parishes and the fifty (50) targeted communities.Oversees the implementation of the Programme, and supervising the RJ Centre Managers, Facilitators, and Volunteers.
• Working with Ministry's, Donors, and Government Agencies in the establishment and implementation of five (5) Justice Centres offering services inclusive of Alternative Dispute Resolution ( Restorative Justice) and Social Justice Services (Child Diversion, Victim Services, Human Trafficking, and Legal Aid)
• Managed operations of nine (9) Restorative Justice centres, five (5) Justice Centres, and one (1) Child Diversion centre throughout Jamaica directly supervision thirty-one (31) managers and over two hundred (200) volunteers
• Created and established Job Descriptions and subsequently recruited for the positions of: ten (10) Community Liaison Officers; fourteen (14) Managers, Restorative Justice; and fourteen (14) Child Diversion Officers throughout the nation of Jamaica.
• Participated in the drafting of interview protocols, instruments, and sitting on interview panels for all personnel at the parish level Justice Centres inclusive of staff and volunteers.
• Drafted a Memorandum of Understanding between Ministry of National Security and Ministry of Justice for the use of incarcerated individuals to utilize the services of Restorative Justice wherein a crime has taken place and the victim, offender, and community members meet in a conference session facilitated by volunteers and Managers, Restorative Justice to arrive at an agreement which is inclusive of: truth telling and reparations.
• Developed and managed the budgets of both Restorative Justice and Child Diversion totaling more than $1,000,000 USD annually.
• Established annual Staff and Educational Development workshop
• Oversaw, coordinated, and assisted in the training of over one thousand (1,000) individuals across Across sectors (School Administrators -Deans of Discipline, Guidance Counselors, Principals, and Teachers; Nurses; Community Leaders, and Justices of the Peace) in Restorative Practices in an effort to reduce conflict in communities, schools, and workplaces.
• Assisted in the establishment of legislation: Restorative Justice Act (2016) Child Diversion Act (2018)
- Restorative Justice Coordinator at Ministry of Justice
- Adjunct Lecturer at Northern Caribbean University
- Guidance Counselor at Norman Manley High School
- Therapist, Counsellor and Director at Platinum Life Counseling
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctorate in Philosophy - Human Resource Development
- Master of Arts - (MS), Marriage and Family Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Provide security of youth and assist in the application of clinical treatment while maintaining the mission of the Office of Juvenile Justice
- JUVENILE JUSTICE SPECIALIST 3 at Office of Juvenile Justice
- CASHIER at SOUTHEAST FOODS
5 years at this Job
- MASTER'S - CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- - Information Technology
I work part-time as a sales associate at Justice retail store. I help customers and guide them to make their shopping experience as easy as possible. I help to do online shipments and to work the cash register.
- Sales Associate-Justice at Justice Tween Brands
- Kitchen Staff at Conestoga Township
10 months at this Job
- High school
Research and analyze statistical data, policies and procedures and current strategies of all component of the criminal justice system. Create strategies for improvement, conduct systemic and needs analysis, implement training and report all reaearch to the board.
- Senior Criminal Justice Analyst at Criminal Justice Commission
- Forensic Investigator at Palm Beach Medical Examiner
- Chief Investigator at International Protection & Investigations, Inc
- Chief Investigator at Kinman Investigative Services, Inc
8 months at this Job
- - Masters in criminal justice
- BS - Criminal Justice
- AS - Criminal Justice
* As a Special Deputy US Marshall, I am responsible for the security and the safety of the Attorney General, Deputy Attorney general, various VIP's, Department of Justice building, and all personnel. * Responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, and controlling operations to include scheduling, training, and supervision of 45 people within the Justice Management division at the Department of Justice building in the Washington, DC area. * Work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and establish priorities. * Develop reports and provide administrative support to management. * I constantly look for continuous learning opportunities.
- Justice Protective Service Officer/Supervisor at Department of Justice
- Justice Protective Service Officer at Department of Justice
- Military Police Officer at United States Army
14 years at this Job
- - Accounting
Provides comprehensive advocacy services for crime victims including conducting psychosocial assessments (e.g.- provides immediate crisis counseling with individuals and families; provides information regarding the criminal justice system and victims' rights; discusses options as they relate to the client's situation Accompany and supports clients during court appearances for both felony and misdemeanor cases; conducts general assessments including alcohol and drug assessments; refers clients for shelter, legal information, and additional services).
- Justice System Advocate at Dept. of Justice Services
- Functions as criminal justice liaison at American Cancer Society
- Police Dispatcher at American Cancer Society
- A/R Supervisor at Progressive Insurance Co
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- BA - Psychology
Peace and Human Rights organization (at the Hotline Human Rights Trust Office); -Legal Counseling; -Campaigned for eradication of child labor and free education for all children; -Trainings conducted to promotion of Justice, Peace, Human Rights and Legal Rights conducted for youths, women, teachers, children and Parish Counselors on women's rights, children's rights, on forced abduction and conversion of Christians to Islam, Social Justice and Equal rights of all citizens, etc. -Performed Conflict Resolutions and Mediation (inter-religious and family conflicts); -Investigated the incident of conflicts between people of majority and minority communities in rural areas; -Prepared urgent appeals and sent them to international network organizations for response; -Responded urgent appeals received from international organizations (such as AHRC of Hong Kong, AI of UK, HRW of USA/Asia, Hotline Asia of Hong Kong, etc.) on injustice inflicted on the victims of tortures by the government agencies or on mass human rights violations to communities or people.
- Executive position in Justice at Justice, Peace and Human Rights organization
30 years, 1 month at this Job
As a juvenile justice specialists duties vary: Daily routine supervision of youths in custody or on probation, responsible for developmental treatment plans for youth displaying emotional and mental therapy, provide counseling, court escorts preparing recommendations for home removal or placement, as well prepare court reports.
- Juvenile Justice Specialist at OJJ Office of Juvenile Justice
8 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
- High school - Business
-Facilitated youth courts at several high schools in Davidson County -Arranged appointments for youth court -Communicated with both family members and youth offenders concerning the youth court process -Conveyed youth court findings to mentor -Created accurate documentation of all participants of the youth court -Researched sociological aspects of police and community relations, with focus on police relations with juvenile offenders -Examined the roles of police, prosecution, courts and corrections in administration of justice in the United States with a concentration of administration within Davidson County
- Criminal Justice Senior Intern at Davidson County Juvenile Justice Center
- Legal Assistant at Butler & Associates
5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Criminal Justice
Opening and Closing Store Setting up Floor Sets and Displays Assisting Customers with Purchases and Returns Cleaning and Organizing Displays Stocking the Floor with New Items
- Justice Tween Brands at Justice
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Cosmetologist license - Cosmetology
- High school or equivalent - College Prep