Provides comprehensive advocacy services for crime victims including conducting psychosocial assessments (e.g.- provides immediate crisis counseling with individuals and families; provides information regarding the criminal justice system and victims' rights; discusses options as they relate to the client's situation Accompany and supports clients during court appearances for both felony and misdemeanor cases; conducts general assessments including alcohol and drug assessments; refers clients for shelter, legal information, and additional services).
- Justice System Advocate at Dept. of Justice Services
- Functions as criminal justice liaison at American Cancer Society
- Police Dispatcher at American Cancer Society
- A/R Supervisor at Progressive Insurance Co
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- BA - Psychology
Performs a variety of criminal justice duties related to the monitoring and control of adult offenders in residential and non-residential Community Corrections Programs, including, Day Reporting Program, Pretrial Services, Intensive Residential Treatment Center and Community Service Divisions. Provides crisis intervention and redirects behavior using behavior modification techniques and skills.
- Criminal Justice Officer at Criminal Justice Service Department - Mesa County
- Floorhand/Roughneck at Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC
- Inside Sales/Shop Assistant at Cook Compression
- Forklift Operator/Material Handler at Coors Tek
1 month at this Job
Saint Leo, FL (3.9 GPA) Course work in human resources management, leadership, emergency management, terrorism, public policy and criminal justice, and policing strategies Teaching Experience Saint Leo University Jan. 2019-Present- Adjunct Criminal Justice Instructor Currently teaching in-class courses in criminal investigations and legal aspects of terrorism as well as graduate courses.
- Adjunct Criminal Justice Instructor at Criminal Justice, Saint Leo University
- Criminal Justice Assistant Professor at University of Arkansas
- Lead legal and criminal justice instructor at U.S. National Nuclear Security Administration
- U.S. Federal Agent, Intelligence Analyst and Training Instructor at U.S. National Nuclear Security Administration
2 months at this Job
- Doctoral degree - Law and Policy
Researching and analyzing a wide range of justice policy issues. Collaborating with fellow TCJC staff and external partners to help develop key strategies and to jointly pursue policy objectives. Drafting and distributing written materials, including full reports, primers, briefs, fact sheets, op-eds, and social media content. Preparing and delivering presentations and testimony to support advocacy efforts. Working with a range of stakeholders, including policy-makers, agency heads, other system practitioners, local officials, community leaders, and other advocates, to provide educational materials and collaborate on identifying and implementing solutions. Representing TCJC’s interests in media interviews. Tracking and reporting the status of activities, including initial planning steps, production, feedback collection, and distribution planning and implementation. Building and maintaining a database of issue-specific contacts, including experts, policy professionals, system practitioners, community leaders, system-involved individuals, and policy-makers. Conducting surveys and/or interviews to support project goals. Coordinating and preparing for TCJC events. Responding to assistance calls from community members.
- Youth Justice Policy Analyst at Texas Criminal Justice Coalition
- DWI Intervention/DWI Education Instructor at Alamo City Education Services
- LCDC Adolescent Outpatient Counselor at AAMA
- LCDC at MedMark Treatment Centers
4 months at this Job
- Master's - Professional Counseling
- B.A.A.S - Concentration in Social Sciences
- A.A.S. - Human Services
● Collaborated with migrant and farmworkers
● Sharing stories about empowering farmworkers to improve their living, working conditions, immigration status, health, occupation safety, and access to justice
● Production assistant in editing, footage transcriber, lighting, recording, and prop organizer
- Film Crew Apprentice Farm Worker Justice at Farm Worker Justice
- at Photoaide Photoland The Evergreen State College
- at The Organic Farm At the Evergreen State College
- Intern Videographer at UGA Cooperative Extension Jubilee Community Farm Garden, GA
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Visual Storytelling and Environmental Studies
- - Wilderness Photography Course
Conduct Law Enforcement operations at the Department of Justice to include: access control, crowd/riot control, and policy/law enforcement operations Prepare
- Special Deputy U.S. Marshall (Justice Protective Services Officer) at Department of Justice (Centerra)
- Console Operator at Northrop Grumman (SCIS)
- Military Police Investigator at United States Marine Corps
- Combat Marksmanship Coach at United States Marine Corps
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
◆ Coordinate and manage NCJRP daily operations of strategic implementation phase activities, identify gaps, barriers, and issues which hinder the deliverables. ◆ Develop and Communicate to the Delaware Correctional Reentry Commission project updates. ◆ Responsible for presenting the creation of new commission or addition of Co-Chair members. ◆ Ensure a detailed project plan is created to monitor and track progress of subcommittee reporting ◆ Planned, Organized, and Schedule meeting for Delaware Correctional Reentry Commission. ◆ Assist in reporting DCRC interagency concerns to the Executive Director of the Criminal Justice Council. ◆ Maintain all documents produced including policies, MOUs, Executive Order, workgroup rosters, reentry resource lists and Technical Assistance Provider information. ◆ Work collectively with government departments to uphold material retention process physically and electronically. ◆ Review and Submit Bureau of Justice Assistance Grants to Commission or Board members by deadline. ◆ Manage the system requirements review process for Council of State Governments ◆ Lead or participate on monthly Council of State Governments calls to implement changes or developing new material for Innovation in Reentry Initiative Guide, Statewide Recidivism Reduction Guide, and Reentry Employment. ◆ Monitor, evaluate and report on the progress of the work of the Implementation Steering Team Committees, coordinating workgroup information sharing and maintaining the progress of the SRR project. ◆ Provide assistance with workgroup reform planning and procedure development, goal setting processes and assist agency staff in setting long and short-term goals. ◆ Managed and coordinated Statewide Reentry Roundtable Forum designed to foster community collaboration and the inclusion of non-profits, community workgroups and interested stakeholder involved in reentry services.
- Delaware National Criminal Justice Reform Project Manager at CRIMINAL JUSTICE COUNCIL
- President/Owner at EXCEEDING EXPECTATION CONSULTING LLC
- Manager at THE ANTIQUE SHOP
- Risk Control Compliance Manager/ Auditor at MBNA AMERICA BANK
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Speech & Communication
• Lead Talent Acquisition, associate development and retention
• Develop an effective succession plan that lead to internal promotions
• Drive the company key performance indicators by delivering exceptional customer experience
• Drive Sales results and achieve financial metrics and goals
• Lead change initiatives
• Motivate team through a compelling vision and direction that encompass Justice's core values
• Act as a leader amongst peers in the field and Home Office
• Conduct productive conference calls and team meetings
• Pilot the Customer Intimacy program for the company
• Lead consistent store visit evaluations and provide proactive feedback
• Communicate clear expectations and hold the store teams accountable to achieving all brand performance and behavior standards
• Maintain extensive knowledge of product assortment and key items
- District Sales Leader, Tween Brands- Justice at Tween Brands- Justice
- Store Manager at The Children's Place
- Customer Service Manger/Human Resource Manager at Filenes Basement
15 years, 10 months at this Job
Juvenile Justice Specialist 6- Safety Officer
• Conducted Searches of youth and staff, make daily rounds of all units, log book documentation, Security checks all building occupied and unoccupied building.
• Daily unit paperwork, Supervise unit movement of youth from dorm to school, dining hall outside recreation events, Trips off campus, furloughs, hospital trips and court trips.
• I searched visitors, guest entering the facility. The included searches of all vehicles’ entering and exiting campus.
• Operated hand held radios for my tour of duty. Drove facility vehicles and made perimeter check of grounds.
• Monitor Surveillances cameras located on units from the control of the facility.
• Member of response team. Trained to drive four Wheeler, golf cart and John deer gator.
• Supervising daily operations of the Infirmary, Front Gate and Laundry to include training staff on proper security producers and responsibilities.
• Supervised all staff assigned to the Infirmary, Front Gate, Transportation, Control Center staff, NCIC Operators, and Trade school staff.
• Training staff on how to make proper rounds, mandatory searches, documentation , how to conduct perimeter check.
• Prepared shift schedules, rotations for shift coverage when needed.
• Train all new hires on mandatory job expectations, policies and procedures.
• Train staff annual on policies and procedures.
• Make security rounds and document finding.
• Conduct mandatory annual Office of Risk Management training with all supervisors and administration staff.
• Implementation and monitored the overall safety program for the facility.
• Review daily and weekly inspection reports and ensured that all maintenance issues were addressed and issued a work order number.
• Conducted and documented monthly inspections on all buildings..
• Entered monthly inspection into data base.
• Conducted monthly fire drill on all closed building.
• Trained supervisors on how to conduct their monthly fire drills.
• Inspected documentation and approved contents of fire drills.
• Inspected fire extinguishers on a monthly base.
• Ensured all fire safety equipment annual inspections were conducted by the appropriate outside agency. Arranged inspections and escorted the Fire Marshal and Department of Health and Hospitals Inspectors and prepared corrective actions reports.
• Prepared and disseminated monthly safety topics to all supervisors and facility employees.
• Conducted refresher train with staff that are promoted or demoted as it pertains to their safety responsibilities.
• Ensure required site specific training took place each month and maintain documentation on file.
• Develop and train staff on the Job Safety Analysis and PPE’s
• Train staff on Lock out Tag out Procedures for the facility.
• Train safety committee members, schedule quarter meeting for safety committee, prepare materials for each meeting.
• Track all accidents and incidents for staff, visitors, contractors, and youth.
• Conducted Investigation on all accidents and incidents reported to my office.
• Ensure that all contractors entering the facility were trained facility policies and procedures, tool control, PPE’s, reporting accidents and Incidents, FTC’S, and evacuation procedures.
• Reviewed monthly vehicle reports from all agencies.
• Ensure trips are correctly document. Ensure trip purpose is document from start to return.
• Review each trip log for signatures of person using vehicle is present, and receipts are attached for any gas purchased are any repairs conducted on vehicle.
• Ensure that all columns are properly added for monthly totals and inspections are indicated.
• Maintain driving files on all employees.
• Prepared unauthorized driving list and Submit to the Director for approval.
• Issues staff with driving violations a letter of notification.
• Run driver’s license check on all new hires.
• Conduct annual driver’s license check on all employees once each year and chart results and maintain up to date driver’s chart for facility, purge all driving files as needed.
• Conduct refresher training with staff having one or three convictions.
• Serve as member on the return to work committee.
• Review monthly maintenance report. Prepare and submit a written report to the Director.
• Prepared and reviewed payroll, and track attendance habits for the staff under my supervision.
• Prepare and conduct Planning Sessions as well as Planning and Review with staff.
• Ensure all victors, volunteers, and contractors are cleared through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
• Certify NCIC operator. Transfer all back ground check to the Director of the facility for their approval/ disapproval payroll. Enter run away youth, escape youth and missing youth in the care and removed youth in
• Department of Corrections Major- Supervised all Captains and Lieutenant under my supervision.
- Juvenile Justice Specialist at Office of Juvenile Justice Bridge City
20 years, 10 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Research and analyze statistical data, policies and procedures and current strategies of all component of the criminal justice system. Create strategies for improvement, conduct systemic and needs analysis, implement training and report all research to the board.
- Senior Criminal Justice Analyst at Criminal Justice Commission
- Forensic Investigator at Palm Beach Medical Examiner
- Chief Investigator at International Protection & Investigations, Inc
- Chief Investigator at Kinman Investigative Services, Inc
8 months at this Job
- - Masters in criminal justice
- BS - Criminal Justice
- AS - Criminal Justice