Juvenile Detention Officer
- State Certified Juvenile Detention Officer at Bonner County Justice Services
- Juvenile Detention Officer at Island County Juvenile Detention Center
- Civilian Detention Officer at Johnson County Sheriff Department
- Specialist at US Army
2 years at this Job
- Master - Drivers Course
I have successfully passed the prerequisites from being a Cadet to now a Juvenile Detention Officer. CPR and Therapeutic Options, 3 months in control handling 3 phone lines and multi tasking the whole building for safety, security, 3 body count calls, outside police officer calls for juvenile admits, 2 days a week for juvenile visitation appt., and intake officers forms and court documents. 1 month away from being a DOI to DOII. Trained and now doing multi rovering of facility.
- Juvenile Detention Officer at Juvenile Detention Center
- Handler at FedEx Express
- Property Manager at Morningstar Marinas
- Assistant Manager at Uhaul Moving & Storage
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- 2 year
Escambia Regional Detention Center (Corporal Juvenile Detention Officer)- Pensacola, FL Duties: Provide safety and security to all youth that enter the facility. Supervises youth in all activities and maintain control of detained youth by giving directives, counseling and/or utilizing appropriate level of verbal or physical use of Protective Action Response (PAR) as needed to properly control detained youth in accordance with departmental an d facility policy and procedure.
- Juvenile Detention Officer at Escambia Regional Detention Center
- Gift Shop Supervisor at HILTON PENSACOLA BEACH
- Banker at Team View Player Services
- Office Manager at Fighter Diet Inc
3 years at this Job
- - Medical Assisting
- High School Diploma
I help to maintain order and ensure the safety and security in such settings. The job also involves monitoring the inmates' health. As a juvenile detention officer, I must ensure facility security by routinely inspecting buildings, living quarters and packages for contraband. I must monitor inmates who have a special risk or security status and enforce facility rules and regulations. I must document and report disruptive or disturbing behavior and security breaches. I was also trained and prepared to handle emergencies. Fights, fires, escapes, riots and other situations must be dealt with calmly and according to procedure and guidelines. Completed the JJC Academy Corrections Officer Training Academy (COTA).
- Juvenile Detention Officer at Union County Detention Center
- Community Service Officer at Irvington Police Department
- Administrative Assistant at Ashley Furniture Home Stores
- Administrative Assistant at Union County College
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice Society
- Associates of Science - Criminal Justice Society
As a detention officer, you are most often the first DJJ employee to interact with juvenile offenders. Therefore, leadership, coaching, mentoring, and a desireto work with youth are qualities that areessential.
- Juvenile Detention Officer at Department of Juvenile Justice
- Security at Blue Martini
- Utilities Equipment Repairer at U.S. Army
- Technician at uBreakiFix
1 month at this Job
• Assertive Juvenile Detention Officer 3 committed to providing proper instruction and an appropriate level of discipline to at-risk youth. Ensuring that correctional programs are fully implemented. Committed to maintaining the safety of other juvenile offenders and fellow staff members. Entrusted with mail and visitor screening, electronic surveillance, and counseling.
• Accepted additional responsibility as a fire safety officer, conducted evacuation drills for the building, guided tours for fire personal, and checked fire extinguishers.
• Completed at least 40 hours of officer training per calendar year.
• Responded to medical emergencies and confrontations with full responsibility for investigating, reporting and documenting events.
- Juvenile Detention Officer III at Henry Wade Juvenile Justice Center
10 years, 9 months at this Job
- BACHELORS - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIVE MARKETING
- Supervise Juvenile OOffenders - Direct Juveniles throughout daily activities including gym, meal time and therapy - Enforce rules and regulations of the detention facility - Communicate with outside agencies, such as probation officers and court personnel regarding sentencing, behavior, any injuries, and overall wellbeing - Utilize negotiation skills daily to persuade inmates to follow facility procedures and influence them to make good decisions - Designated trainer for new associates - Effectively handle confrontational situations and resolve them appropriately
- Juvenile Detention Officer at Multi-County Juvenile Detention Center
- Forklift operator/ Warehouse worker at Multi-County Juvenile Detention Center
- Seasonal Customer Sales Associate at Multi-County Juvenile Detention Center
11 years at this Job
- Certificate of Completion - Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning
Juvenile Detention Aid December 2006 -Present
• Oversee and conducts intake and assessment of participants into the Detention Center.
• Directed the scheduling of day-to-day operations and staffing for the detention floor while coordinating multiple court dockets as the Shift Leader and Floor Leader.
• Facilitated on the Job (OJT) training for detention staff and residential staff, who are new hires to the organization to ensure adherence to legal guidelines for counseling, escorting of juveniles, and appropriate restraint.
• Instruct staff in counseling methods like being a solid object during crisis and utilizing the "tap out" method.
• Planed, implemented and evaluated innovative special events for juveniles.
• Supervised shift activities within the juvenile facility, including assign tasks to shift workers and schedule daily activities and facility movement.
• Assumed responsibility during assigned shift for juveniles detained in the detention facility.
• Provided orientation for juveniles entering the system during the shift through the intake process, providing information on programs and daily living activities; including health and personal hygiene, counseling, recreation, education and social opportunities.
• Maintained daily records as required: personal, unit, and facility chronological logs concerning juveniles, including movement, medical and emotional conditions.
• Wrote incident reports and communicated significant observations to staff, supervisors, counselors, parents, attorneys, and judges.
• Inspected and maintained safety, sanitation and security of the facilities, and ensures that all policies and procedures regarding safety, sanitation and security of residents and staff were followed.
• Current knowledge of family law, counseling, treatment techniques, and departmental policies and procedures.
• Received data and processed information concerning juveniles.
• Participated in in-service training and continuing education.
• Ensured that all incident and medical reports were written and distributed to appropriate persons at the end of each shift.
• Effectively counseled residents and shift members. Assisted experienced and new staff in problem solving issues.
• Assist with audits by obtaining and researching documentation required by the Texas Juv. Justice Dept. (T.J.J.D.) and the American Correctional Association (A.C.A.).
- Juvenile Detention Officer at Travis County's Gardner-Betts Juvenile Detention Center
- Cashier/Cook at Waterloo Icehouse
- Store Keeper/Machinist Mate at United States Navy
12 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
- Associates - Criminal Justice Police
Performs general non-sworn officer duties to ensure the safety and security of the County juvenile detention facility; performs related work as required. The principal duties are performed in a secure corrections facility. Some latitude is granted to the employee but work is subject to stringent state and County legal guidelines. The position includes exposure to potential personal danger. The work is performed under the supervision of the Shift Supervis
- Juvenile Detention Officer at OKLAHOMA COUNTY JUVENILE BUREAU
- HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH/COORDINATOR at JUSTICE ALMA WILSON SEEWORTH ACADEMY
- at BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB OF OKLAHOMA COUNTY
- Site Director at BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB OF OKLAHOMA COUNTY
1 month at this Job
- Diploma - CONTINUED EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts - Music
In this position I work as a detention officer in a juvenile facility while assisting in behavioral modification and rehabilitation of the youth population in an attempt to help them return to their families and educational institutions in acceptable behavior and prepare them for adulthood. I'm looking to leave here because the salary is barely above poverty level.
- Juvenile Detention Officer at State of FL/Dept of Juvenile Justice
- Professional Driver/Chauffeur Lyft and Uber at Self-employed
- Professional Driver/Chauffeur at Bay Limousine
- Substitute Teacher at PESG
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Pre-Philosophy - Pre-Philosophy
- H.S. diploma