Cape Coral, Florida Juvenile Probation Officer, investigated Youths cases as they flowed through the court, made referrals to various agencies for counseling, community service. Completed court reports to provide information for court decisions. Supervised youth on probation, performed random drug screens, curfew checks and worked with Law Enforcement to see that youth completed their probation sanctions successfully.
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Cape Coral Juvenile Probation Office
- Social Worker at Cape Coral Juvenile Probation Office
- Social Worker at G. Pierce Wood Memorial Hospital
- Rehabilitation Therapist at G. Pierce Wood Memorial Hospital
5 years, 11 months at this Job
- Masters of Arts - Rehabilitation Counseling
- Certificate - Teaching
- Master of Science
- Associate of Applied Science - Ornamental Horticulture
- Bachelor of Science - Agriculture Science
40 Hours/Week Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Weekends and Holidays juveniles that are in need of additional services to address their mental health, substance abuse or other specific needs; interest of the juvenile;
• Be on an on-call rotation every month;
• Collect and analyze data when receiving a new referral and determine whether the juvenile needs to be detained in a juvenile detention center or if they can be released to their parents;
• Conduct intake interviews with juveniles who offend or re-offend, if parents are Spanish speaking I translate the interview in Spanish and answer any questions they may have;
• Conduct various assessments to help identify youth's needs and refer them to the proper counseling services;
• Collect data through various means and evaluate the data to find the proper secure or non-secure placement for those
• Case management and submit monthly reports on the two probation officers I oversee;
• Produce memorandums to the Juvenile Judge, District Judge and District Attorney in a formal format;
• Provide oral briefings about my caseload every Monday to the Chief Juvenile Probation Officer;
• Develop monthly case plans with those juveniles who are on court-ordered probation;
• Work closely with the District Attorney to make recommendations for disposition hearings that will be in the best
• Testify in court if needed;
• Provide the juveniles with the necessary intervention services;
• Co-facilitator for the Strengthening Families Program, a prevention and intervention program offered by the department to help prevent juveniles from entering the juvenile system.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Weekends and Holidays
juveniles that are in need of additional services to address their mental health, substance abuse or other specific needs;
interest of the juvenile;
- Lead Juvenile Probation Officer at Willacy County Juvenile Probation Department
- School Liaison/Juvenile Probation Officer at Willacy County Juvenile Probation Department
- Work Experience Intern at Willacy County Juvenile Probation Department
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Education-Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - English
Monroe, Louisiana State agency serving youth who have been adjudicated delinquent or families in need of services. Juvenile Probation Officer, 2009-Present Selected to supervise juveniles placed on probation or in detention by the Court. Assess juvenile probationers and meet with probationers to ensure adherence to terms of probation. Maintain records of probationers' activities and status. Conduct investigations and prepare reports focused on the "why" of the probationer's behavior. Make recommendations and determine when probationers' activities warrant modification of court orders and initiate the necessary action to procure a decision by the court. Provide counseling and referrals to probation assistance programs. Develop supervision and treatment plans for probationers. Monitor payment orders of the court to include but not limited to restitution, fines, and support orders. Supervise juveniles in detention facilities to ensure their safety and welfare. Provide transport services between jails, medical institutions, schools, and other necessary activities. Prepare monthly analysis on statistics and performance of each caseload.
- Juvenile Probation Officer at STATE OF LOUISIANA OFFICE OF JUVENILE JUSTICE
- Police Officer at RICHWOOD POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Mental Health Specialist at FAMILY NEW LIFE REHABILITATION CENTER
- Corrections Officer at SWANSON CORRECTIONAL CENTER FOR YOUTH
10 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
• Lead Intake Officer and Juvenile Court Officer * Intake Officer: Works closely with local law enforcement agencies to authorize detention or release of juvenile offenders as well as provide cite-in dates, Initial Detention Hearing Memo's for Judge and contact with parents. * Juvenile Court Officer: Works closely with Judge, court staff and supervisors in court to oversee dispositions, probation modifications, out of home placements, counseling, home detention/electronic monitor and conditions of probation and release, to name a few.
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Cameron County Juvenile Probation Department
- Juvenile Supervision Officer and Control Booth Operator at Cameron County Juvenile Justice Center
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- - teaching
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice Administration and Management - Criminal Justice Administration and Management
- - Emergency Medical Technician
- - Family and Child Protective Services
Responsibilities Juvenile Probation Officer (Intake officer) Fort Bend County Juvenile Probation May 2014 – Present (7 months) Richmond, TX. Investigates juvenile’s background through contact with the juvenile, family, school and other agencies involved with the child to prepare juvenile cases for court action; make recommendations to the court. Maintain correspondence, written and verbal, with attorney, juvenile's family, victims and collateral agencies. Prepare detention hearing reports, DA information request, and status hearing reports based on knowledge of the juvenile and gathered information; testifies and makes recommendations to the court. Maintains case files and communicates with schools in reference to the juvenile and request current and relevant documentation on the youth. Conducts monthly random drug testing. Supervise Juveniles on court rules and conditions of release prior to formal court action.
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Fort Bend County Juvenile Probation
- Special Education Teacher at Pflugerville ISD
- Juvenile Probation Officer (J.J.A.E.P at Travis Co. Juvenile Probation
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Travis Co. Juvenile Probation
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Criminal Justice
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Alameda County Probation Dept.
29 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Religious Studies
• Met directly with clients and families in the office, school, and homes
• Prepared referral packets for various agencies in and out of state
• Helped clients follow therapy recommendations
• Accompanied Juvenile Probation Officer to court
• Met with juveniles in Juvenile Detention Centers
• Assisted in preparing warrants
• Documented case work narratives
• Created baseline assessments for clients
• Helped maintain and organize client files
• Attended multidisciplinary meetings at facilities
• Accompanied Juvenile Probation Officer on client surveillance
• Assisted with putting on GPS Monitors on clients
• Performed urine analysis drug testing on clients
• Conducted and documented Home Studies
• Learned to build rapport with families and clients
• Aided in translation between Spanish speaking clients
- Juvenile Probation Officer Intern at Dona Ana County Juvenile Probation Office
- Waitress at Oriental Palace
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor's - Psychology
- High School Diploma
• Provide case management to adjudicated juveniles placed on probation, in order to monitor and ensure Court Order compliance.
• Utilized Motivational Interviewing to interview juveniles in order to assess and recommend appropriate level of probation.
• Accountable for performing investigations into juveniles' history and their families.
• Responsible for referring juveniles and their families to appropriate services and resources as needed.
• Accountable for preparing Pre-Disposition Reports to present to the Court on adjudicated juveniles awaiting Disposition.
• Responsible for testifying and making recommendations before the Juvenile Courts.
• Maintain communication with Juvenile Courts to report probation violations and non-compliance.
• Conduct home visits and home evaluations as required by the Department and Juvenile Courts.
• Maintain files for case managed juveniles to standards set by Juvenile Board and the Texas Juvenile Justice Department.
• Accountable for completing training required by the Texas Juvenile Justice Department
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Juvenile Probation Department
- Juvenile Case Manager at City of El Paso Municipal Court
- Contract Legal Assistant at El Paso Immigration Court & Otero
- Customer Relations Representative at Expeditors
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Criminal Justice
- Associates of Science Degree in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
Excellent leadership, communication, problem-solving, time-management and team working skills. Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines. Strong educational and working background in criminal justice, social services, mental health areas. Experienced with family and juvenile courts and school's environments providing services to families.
Significant and Relevant Project Experience
State of Florida - Juvenile Probation Officer (January 2017-Present)
Duties of the position included but are not limited to:
• Made referrals where appropriate to community-based services like substance abuse programs family court GED classes community service restitution and victim services programs.
• Meet with probationers to assess their status and to ensure their understanding of the terms of their probation.
• Provides counseling and referral to assistance programs.
• Maintains records of probationers' status and activities
• Performs oversight of juvenile intakes including visual body search health screening personal inventory and fingerprinting.
• Prepares and processes court documents.
• Gathers information in advance of court and make recommendations when necessary.
- Juvenile Probation Officer at State of Florida
- Customer Service Associate at State of Florida
- Maintenance Specialist at Wiley Sanders Trucking Lines
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Criminal Justice
Supervise teenagers that have been adjudicated by the Juvenile Court.
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Harris County Juvenile Probation
- Correctional Officer at Federal Bureau of Prisons
19 years, 6 months at this Job
- BA - Criminal Justice