I am a juvenile probation officer
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Montgomery County Government
- Juvenile Probation Officer at
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
Outreach Specialist 2nd Corinthians Outreach Ministries, Inc. Port St. Lucie, FL School Teachers, Except Special Education Grace Christian Academy Port Saint Lucie, FL Juvenile Probation Officer Department of Juvenile Justice Fort Pierce, FL Family Service Worker, Case Manager Legacy Behavioral Health Center, Inc. West Palm Beach, FL Mental Health Specialist Treasure Coast Forensic Treatment Center Fort Pierce, FL Middle School Special Education Teacher: Teach middle school subjects to educationally and physically handicapped students. Certified Nurse Aide (CNA): Provide basic patient care under the direction of nursing staff. Perform duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens. Juvenile Probation Officer: Provide social services to assist in the rehabilitation of law offenders in custody or on probation or parole. Make recommendations for actions involving the formulation of rehabilitation plan and treatment of offender, including conditional release and education and employment stipulations. Community Health Worker: Assist individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors. Conduct outreach for medical personnel or health organizations to implement programs in the community that promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health. Family Support Worker: Provide social services and assistance to improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their WILLERMINE BROOKINS families and to maximize the family well-being and the academic functioning of children. Mental Health Specialist: Counsel with emphasis on prevention. Work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental and emotional health.
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Dept. Juvenile Justice
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Human Resources Development Services
- Bachelor's Degree - Behavioral Science
• Provided case management and supervision for juvenile offenders and their families
• Prepared court documents and assisted families through the court process
• Collaborated with families, schools, and service providers to ensure criminogenic needs were addressed
• Utilized evidence-based practices to inspire and encourage juveniles toward positive change and adher- ence to probation plan
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Lancaster County Juvenile Probation
- Child Care Worker at Bethany Children's Home
- Long-Term Substitute Italian Teacher at Avon Grove High School
- Graduate Assistant/Internship at West Chester University Department of Residence Life & Housing and Career Development Center
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- M.S. - Counseling
- B.A. - Strategic and Organizational Communication/Public Relations
• Provide case management to adjudicated juveniles placed on probation, in order to monitor and ensure Court Order compliance.
• Utilized Motivational Interviewing to interview juveniles in order to assess and recommend appropriate level of probation.
• Accountable for performing investigations into juveniles' history and their families.
• Responsible for referring juveniles and their families to appropriate services and resources as needed.
• Accountable for preparing Pre-Disposition Reports to present to the Court on adjudicated juveniles awaiting Disposition.
• Responsible for testifying and making recommendations before the Juvenile Courts.
• Maintain communication with Juvenile Courts to report probation violations and non-compliance.
• Conduct home visits and home evaluations as required by the Department and Juvenile Courts.
• Maintain files for case managed juveniles to standards set by Juvenile Board and the Texas Juvenile Justice Department.
• Accountable for completing training required by the Texas Juvenile Justice Department
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Juvenile Probation Department
- Program Director/Case Manager at Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Case Manager at Upper Rio Grande Private Industry Council
- CSS Eligibility Specialist at Texas Department of Human Services
16 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Art in Psychology/Minor - Psychology
Suffolk, Virginia 23456 Court background reports & probation supervision, skills in risk assessments, motivational interviewing and evidence based practices. Skills in special therapeutic placements, substance abuse & sex offender counseling, therapeutic foster care, adoption and child protective services Much training and experience in Court procedure, testifying, filing show causes and violations, extensive domestic relations law and criminal law knowledge. I provided mentoring services for new probation officers. Case management for complex legal and criminal issues relating to families, juveniles and adults. Special skills and training in supervision of sex offenders. Skills in assessing criminogenic risk factors to determine effective treatment and services using best practices and evidence-based programs Subject expert for adventure-based counseling programs for youth at risk, trainer for technical adventure skills and crisis intervention. Safety and risk management consultant and trainer. Field medical response and equipment technician. I have been a juvenile probation officer over 19 years, for 10 years I directed and was the lead instructor of a wilderness probation program, once being awarded the Virginia State Juvenile Probation Officer of the year and an award from the US Department of Justice for "Outstanding Contributions to the Juvenile Justice System", that award was for those years of "wilderness probation."
- JUVENILE PROBATION OFFICER at Suffolk VA Juvenile Court Service Unit
- Sentencing Advocate, Va. Beach Public Defender at
- DIRECTOR at GLOBAL SAFETY & RISK MANAGEMENT
- JUVENILE PROBATION OFFICER at Va. Beach Juvenile Court Service Unit
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- - management
- - Leadership
As a juvenile probation officer I perform the following tasks: - Assisted the court in holding juveniles accountable and monitored their compliance with probation. - Served as an agent for the Court Service Unit during legal proceedings, regarding law enforcement matters and when working with academic/community programs. - Managed a caseload of juvenile offenders who were in the community and /or correctional facility. Duties included working with parents and other involved professionals to monitor progress and services while the youth is in the community, correctional facility or residential placement. - Documented activities and adherence to probation and service plans (BADGE), wrote pre-sentence (social histories) and other reports, recommended services, made referrals and provided special program services to juveniles and their families. - Performed all case management activities within established time frames. - Testified in court. Interpreted regulations, guidelines and statutes. - Communicated effectively both orally and in writing - Demonstrated ability to perform data entry; worked with diverse socioeconomic groups and populations; identified and used community resources and agency services.
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Chesapeake Court Service Unit
- Juvenile Probation Officer at
- Bus Operator at Williamsburg Area Transit Authority
- Unarmed Security Guard (Part Time Floater) at Top Guard Security
11 months at this Job
- Certification Certificate
- Bachelor's - General Psychology
• Supervise Juveniles in the community, that have been placed on probation
• Prepare court reports and court orders
• Coordinate with outside agencies that have been court ordered
- Juvenile Probation Officer at Montgomery County Juvenile Probation
- Secure Detention Counselor at Montgomery County Youth Center
- Youth and Family Advocate at Montgomery County Youth Center
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Justice
Duties,Accomplishments, and Related Skills: As a Juvenile Probation Officer my main concern is to hold the offender accountable, public safety, and balanced and restorative justice. As an officer I conduct initial intakes with the youth and families. During this time I read the youth his/her write, sign consents, and get demographic information, as well as information on the alleged crime. All information gathered is put into the Youth Level or Service (YLS) tool to obtain a recidivism risk level. It is my duty to present a summary of all information to the judge in a courtroom setting. I also conduct the Massachusetts Youth Screening Instrument (MAYSI) to assist juvenile justice agencies in identifying youth who may have special mental health/drug and alcohol needs. I have attended over 130 hours of training within 10 months (see certifications). Other duties include: -Monitored the interactions of youth offenders with associates and friends -Performed visual body searches, drug screens, fingerprinting, and gathering DNA. -Assisted offenders in enrolling in treatment, counseling or community service programs such as sexual offender treatment, drug and alcohol counseling, and mental health services -Set up and supervise community service -Investigated cases, interviewed parents and offered to counsel in times of crises. -Perform room searches -Apply ankle monitors -Work closely with the District Attorney and Public Defender's office -Create case plan for moderate to high youth to address their criminolgenic needs. -Collect restitution, court, and lab fees.
- Juvenile Probation Officer at McKean County Courthouse
- Drug and Alcohol Case Management Specialist at Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services
- Correctional Officer at
- Mental Health Technician at
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Credits
- Responsible for the performance management as well as the day-to-day operations of the assigned Probation Services unit. - Responsible for managing the tactical components of projects and initiatives to ensure that deliverables are produced according to established timelines. - Provides oversight of functions and efficiency of community based accountability programs, to include, but not limited to areas of programming, strategic management, process management, and policy management. - Reviews and distributes cases for Pre-Disposition Report and assigns cases for investigation and supervision. - Conducts training and develops training curriculum to enhance staff core, technical and leadership competencies. - Assists staff to research and utilize resources for cases. - Attends court hearings to monitor staff's progress and areas of improvement. - Conducts team meetings and monthly management sessions for performance management. - Serves as a catalyst for increasing staff morale. - Conducts performance evaluations of staff and develops appropriate goals for professional development and/or performance improvement. - Completes and provides performance improvement plans, corrective and disciplinary action reports as necessary. - Reviews court dockets and monitors TJJD and court deadlines. - Ensures staff members meet re-certification requirements. - Monitors case file audits and ensures compliancy with TJJD and departmental standards. - Responsible for assisting in the creation, maintenance, and update of policy and procedures on a quarterly and/or annual basis. Addresses employee concerns and conflicts. Troubleshoots and addresses complaints. - Remains knowledgeable and up to date with all legislative updates, changes in law, or standards as it relates to the Compliance Resource Manual, Texas Administrative Code, Texas Family Code (Title III) and the Texas Penal Code. - Responsible for program management to include: data collection, statistical reporting and program evaluation and improvement. - Approves Authorization of Service, NCIC requests, Travel requests, Out-of-Home-Placement Funds. - Approves leave requests for staff and ensures adequate coverage for staff on leave. - Reviews, makes corrections and approves reports and court documents. - Calculates staff time, reviews and approves KRONOS. - Monitors staff's work schedule and time accruals (vacation and compensatory time). - Distributes and collects monthly cellular telephone bills and mileage reimbursement requests. - Assumes the responsibilities of the Director in his/her absence. - Acts as liaison between probation officers and court staff. - Assists in overall functions/operations of the department's strategic and unit operational goals. - Prepares and completes reports and other documentation in accordance with applicable standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements. - Works collaboratively with appropriate staff and/or agencies to offer recommendations and implement solutions raised by the community, stakeholders or other department staff. - Maintains collaborative relationships with State and local service agencies, institutions, law enforcement agencies, key stakeholders and treatment community providers to update, or develop new initiatives/programs to address community issues. - Assists staff in court testimony preparation and testifies in court proceedings as necessary. - Completes investigations as necessary or as directed. - Troubleshoots concerns brought forward by parents, agencies, schools, Courts. - Assists with preparation of the annual budget.
- Senior Juvenile Probation Officer at El Paso Juvenile Probation Department
- Intensive Supervised Juvenile Probation Officer at El Paso Juvenile Probation Department
- Warranty Manager at Audio Video Service
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Counseling
- Bachelor's Degree - Criminal Justice
I supervise youth on a 20+ caseload who are currently on probation under the Department of Juvenile Services. Along with this responsibility, I work with adolescents and their families to assess and ensure compliance with court terms. I also provide counseling and mentoring to the offender in an attempt to change or eliminate behavioral issues.
- JUVENILE PROBATION OFFICER at BRAZOS COUNTY JUVENILE SERVICES
- PEER MENTOR at WRIGHT STATE UNIVERSITY
- INDEPENDENT EDUCATION CONSULTANT, SELF EMPLOYED at Partnered with high schools
- RECREATION AND PARK AIDE at Partnered with high schools
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- MASTER OF ARTS
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - Sociology