• Perform duties and tasks as assigned in a timely manner
• Perform special projects to assist lab and plant operators
• Sample, test, analyze work directed by Lab Manager
• Perform operator maintenance for laboratory equipment
• Monitoring day-to-day activity of operations in coordination with Quality Control
- Lab Chemist at DREXEL CHEMICAL
- Doctor Note Puller at Verification
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology - Biology
Identification and concentration measurement of nicotine and its degradants in nicotine lozenges and medicated gum using RP-HPLC. Dissolution testing of nicotine lozenges at physiological pH using USP1 and USP3. Identification and concentration measurement of Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, D3, E, K1, Folic Acid, Caffeine, Biotin and Quercetin in raw material, intermediate and final products using RP-HPLC. Determination of the Effect of Different Antioxidants on the Stability of Quercetin. Performed method validation for the Determination of Quercetin and Vitamin E in FRS Healthy Energy Chews. Worked as the sole chemist in the laboratory, reporting directly to the lab manager. Handled multiple projects at a time while producing results in a time-efficient and accurate manner.
- Analytical Lab Chemist at Nutravail Technologies
- Research Assistant at Duke University
- General Chemistry Teaching Assistant at Duke University
4 years at this Job
- M.S. Chemistry
- B.S. - Chemistry, Mathematics
University of Baghdad Responsible for the below tasks: -
• Full inventory check for the chemical materials in the lab with safe packaging storing, organizing and labeling.
• Checking the accuracy of the Chemical experiment results.
• Prepare the chemical materials, solutions, and equipment's required for the chemical experiments.
• Responsible for the Lab equipment's operations like UV-VIS spectrophotometer, PH meter, etc. Computer skills and applications: - Microsoft Office suite
- Lab chemist at Department of Chemistry
11 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Sciences - Analytical Chemistry
- Bachelor - Chemistry
- Diploma - Chemical and Pharmaceutical Analysis
- lab Chemist at Wessam El Gendy lab
- Lab Chemist at El-Sahaba Lab
- Lab Chemist at El-Gamaa Hospital
19 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry & Biochemistry
of Organics and Metals Departments
• Senior Environmental Lab Chemist Lead for the Instrumentation section of the SAWS Lab, which includes the Organics and Metals departments.
• Responsible for performing chemical and physical tests required to meet EPA standards.
• Responsible for ensuring Quality Analysis is performed on all tests completed.
• Perform analysis on drinking water, waste water, and industrial waste samples using the following instruments: ◦ Agilent 6890 and 7890 GCs with FPD and ECD detectors, 5973 and 5975 mass selective detectors. ◦ Teledyne Tekmar Aquatek 100 with Stratum purge and traps. ◦ Thermo iCAP ICP (6000 and 7000), Varian 820-MS ICPMS and Thermo iCAP RQ
• Execute preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and servicing of Organic's department instrumentation, which include but are not limited to the following: ◦ Able to complete full installations of Chemstation software, firmware updates, and networking with Agilent 6890 GCs and 7890 GCs to 5973 and 5975C mass specs including networking to Tekmar Aquatek 70 and Aquatek 100 auto samplers, Tekmar XPT, and Stratum purge and traps. ◦ Able to perform installation, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting on all instrumentations. ◦ Diagnose electronic pressure control issues on 7890A GC, correct ion source temperature driver failure on 5973 mass spec, diagnose and change cracked weldment on 6890 GC. ◦ Add jet direct network card to Agilent 6890 GC. ◦ Replace plunger motors on Agilent 7683 tower injectors.
• Monitor and calculate Quality Control parameters.
• Prepare analytical and testing standards, working reagents and solutions, using volumetric flasks and analytical balances, in order to be able to calibrate instrumentation and perform daily tests.
• Responsible for ensuring all samples are properly labeled, prepared and ready for testing.
• Project Manager for multiple water projects within the San Antonio and surrounding areas.
• Ensure and maintain high customer service satisfaction with projects and reporting data to clients.
• Ensuring customer satisfaction/expectations are exceeded and met with analytical reporting
• Execute preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and servicing of Metal's department instrumentation, which include but are not limited to the following: ◦ Change peristaltic pumps on Thermo ICP 6000, 7000, and Varian 820-MS ICPMS. ◦ Identify inoperable camera on Thermo ICP 6000 instrument. ◦ Replace detector on Varian 820-MS ICPMS. ◦ Rectify alignment issues on Agilent SPS3 auto sampler, also replace belt on Cetak ASX-510 auto sampler.
• Install and maintain solid phase extraction units and 3000XL Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) instrument from Horizon Technologies.
• Expertise in the following EPA approved methods: 524.2, 624, 608, 625, 614, 617, 622, 200.7, 200.8 and 245.1.
• Compose initial Standard Operating Procedures and ensure revisions are updated on a yearly basis as needed.
• Responsible for yearly budget which including instrumentation service contracts of 11 major instruments and corresponding peripherals, chemical, and instrumentation spending.
• Compose bid proposals and requisitions for equipment and lab services.
• Perform detailed cost analysis for current and new operating procedures.
• Train team members on the current Standard Operating Procedures.
• Safety President for Laboratory and Laboratory Operations.
• Knowledge of Lawson Laboratory Information Management Software (LIMS) program in order coordinate resources for daily lab functions, provide reports and query data.
• Ensure all supplies and inventory are ordered and maintained for each section.
• Complete Mid-Year and Final Reviews for staff directs.
- Senior Environmental Lab Chemist / Team Lead at San Antonio Water System
- Assistant Operations Manager at Air Force Institute for Operational Health, Brooks City Base
15 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
- Lab chemist at Any more
- None yet at
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Science
- - Science
• Responsible for running analysis on equipment lubrication oils such as ICP, viscosity, and particle count.
• Review QC data and verify quality of the tests.
• Work with outside labs to verify composition of unknown chemical samples.
• Review and index previous work orders.
- Lab Chemist at Energy Solutions
- Lab Tech II at Myriad Genetics
- Biotechnologist, Machine Operator at Cortec Corporation
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemical Science
- Associate of Arts - Science
• Develop methods to investigate warranty issues and to support internal research
• Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain instrumentation as necessary
• Train colleagues on all instrumentation and procedures or arrange OEM training as necessary
• Independently analyze samples according to ASTM and ISO standards
• Responsible for ordering including indirect materials, capital items (through eSAP), and chemicals
• Designed space for multiple labs
• Brought new fuels/chemistry lab online and helped prepare lab for ISO17025/A2LA accreditation (2015-2016)
- Lab Chemist/Team Leader at General Motors
- Chemist at General Motors
- Leo Lecturer I, Adjunct Chemistry Instructor at University of Michigan - Dearborn
- Chemist I at GMP QC
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry and Biochemistry
Perform tests on Raw Materials, In-Process and Finished Products according to different parameters and following their corresponding methods (Water Determination by Karl Fisher, FTIR, Residue on Ignition, Loss on Drying, Iodine and Acid Value, Aluminum Chloride value, etc.) ❖ Report and review results, open change controls in order to modify specifications or create new ones
- Lab Chemist at Tarmac Products, Inc
- QA/Compliance Specialist at Prime Enterprises, Inc
- Researcher at National Polytechnic Institute- Center
- Environmental Scientist at Center for Environmental Studies
8 months at this Job
- Master's - Research
- Bachelor's - Radiochemistry
• Developed new formulation for devulcanized rubber for the use in recycle rubber industry to meet customer's needs.
• Contributed to team discussions, new project initiatives and executions to advance progress of Research & Development Department, including improving performance and cost effectiveness.
• Maintained and developed knowledge of competitive products and novel technology to better improve product quality.
• Established effective working relationship with team members and provided support to production team feedback.
• Decreased lab spending by purchasing cost-effective supplies and closely monitoring laboratory inventory.
• Conducted tests and data recording several times per day to ensure that product quality meet standards.
- Junior Lab Chemist at Hocho Recycle Co., Ltd
- Research Assistant at SUNY Binghamton Chemistry Department
- General Intern at SUNY Binghamton Global Health Impact
- Operating Room Intern at United Health Services
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry - Biochemistry
- - Chemistry