I worked as the Labor Relations Specialist on Dr. Will Boyd’s campaign for Lieutenant Governor of Alabama.
- Labor Relations Specialist at Dr. Will Boyd
- Employee Representative at Essity
- Journeyman Industrial Painter & Operator at Alabama Painting
- Team Coordinator, Material handler at Hunt Manufacturing
6 months at this Job
- High school
District of Columbia and Maryland The United States Postal Service is an independent agency of the United States federal government responsible for providing postal service in the United States. Labor Relations Specialist 08/2008 - 01/2014 * Investigated and provided guidance to managers regarding employee and labor-related issues * Served as point person for post office employees, relying on pre-established guidelines and instructions to advise employees * Maintained policies and procedures and employee communications * Ensured compliance with federal, state and local employment and labor laws, including safety compliance posters in post offices * Coordinated employee and labor-related aspects of post office closings/job eliminations * Assisted with the development, analysis, and coordination of labor relations initiatives that encourage employee retention, job satisfaction, and positive morale * Compiled and analyzed information related to employee and labor-relations trends, develops and maintains a metrics analysis, and recommends proactive strategy * Worked closely with Human Resources Managers to assist in resolving larger employee disciplinary issues * Reviewed and wrote progressive discipline documents as necessary * Assisted with Human Resources projects as needed
- Labor Relations Specialist at United States Postal Service
- Distribution Operation Supervisor at United States Postal Service
- Distribution Clerk at United States Postal Service
- Platoon Leader at United States Army Reserves
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.F.A. - Visual Communication & Design
48180 North American Labor Relations Specialist: Provide consultation and monitor the company's adherence to Collective Bargaining Agreements within the United States and Canada. Review and document formal complaints and grievances. Conduct onsite investigations at manufacturing facilities. Determine viability of union complaints and advise management resolutions. Administer workplace discipline, harassment prevention, and diversity training to staff and supervisors. Responsible for contract interpretation, negotiation, administration, and arbitration. Investigate and prepare company responses to EEOC, NLRB, Human Rights, various tribunals, and other governmental agencies. Assist with responding to unemployment claims. Review and analyze data to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements and employer practices. Work effectively with union leadership, management, and employees through mediation, communication, and facilitation.
- North American Labor Relations Specialist at Taylor
- Benefits Consultant at Aflac
- Field Organizer at Gretchen Whitmer For Governor
- Secretary-Treasurer at Service Employees International Union
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Public Affairs
- - Computerized Accounting
- - Labor Studies
LABOR RELATIONS SPECIALIST | CITY OF ST. PAUL | JANUARY 2014 - PRESENT § Lead negotiations of labor agreements for thirteen collective bargaining agreements. Second chair negotiations on six collective bargaining agreements. Complete detailed costing of union and City contract proposals. § Negotiate complex memorandums of agreement and grievance settlements for eighteen employee groups. § Advise City managers, human resources liaisons, and payroll staff on labor agreement provisions, Civil Service Rules, City policies, State and Federal laws. Includes advising managers and human resources liaisons on progressive discipline and settlement recommendations and payroll staff in implementation of complex labor agreements regarding pay. § Adjust grievances at the third step, ensuring compliance with collective bargaining agreements, civil service rules, City policy and State and Federal Laws. Advise City directors, managers and human resources liaisons in responding to grievances. § Represent the City at mediation and arbitration. Includes preparation of case testimony, witnesses and exhibits. § Facilitate effective labor management committee meetings. Periodically participate in department labor management committee meetings to cooperatively resolve labor management problems. § Train City managers, human resources liaisons and other staff on labor relations in the public sector, discipline and other on-demand training. SPECIAL PROJECTS § Racial Equity o Facilitate multiple training offerings on the City’s Racial Equity Initiative to City employees. o Participate in the Human Resources Department and City-wide Racial Equity Change Teams influencing the department and City’s efforts to achieve racial equity. § Emerging Leaders Academy Program o Developed a nine-month leadership academy plan for two academy cohorts. Coordinated all programming including presenters, City department tours, a two-day retreat, and multiple assessments for of 24 City employees. o Coordinated with the City’s Innovation Team in assisting Emerging Leader Academy participants in completing innovative projects with City-wide impact. Projects were presented to City managers, directors and the mayor upon completion of the Academy. § Payroll and Timekeeping Systems Implementation o Interpreted labor agreements for during implementation of a new timekeeping and payroll system to ensure correct implementation of each labor agreement developing an understanding of payroll system capabilities and limitations and how the system interfaces with labor agreements. o Advised payroll auditors in interpretation of labor agreements in order to correctly pay wages and benefits for trades employees, ensuring correct configurations.
- Labor Relations Specialist at City of St. Paul
- Senior Human Resources Partner at University of Minnesota - School of Dentistry
- Human Resources Partner at University of Minnesota - School of Dentistry
- Human Resources Assistant at Hennepin County
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Human Resources and Industrial Relations
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
Employee Labor Relations/Investigation SRNS
- Labor Relations Specialist at Plant Vogtle, Fluor
- Classification Analyst at SRNS Classification Office
- Line Security Representative at F-Can
- FB-Line Separations Operator at E.I. DuPont, SRP
2 months at this Job
- Vocational - Management
Chester, PA Nov. 2017-Present The world's most diversified casino-entertainment provider with over 47 casinos in 13 U.S. states and five countries. Employee and Labor Relations Specialist ◦ Develops and executes employee relation's policies, procedures and guidelines, including discipline, grievances and complaints in a unionized environment. ◦ Successfully partners with management to provide HR direction, consultation, advice and support to managers and supervisors regarding performance management, employee relations, labor relations, diversity and inclusion, policy administration, retention efforts and union contract interpretation, with an employee population of 1200 employees. ◦ Manages and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). ◦ Managed the implementation of new contractual agreements including updates to wage increases, health and welfare benefits and disciplinary policies. Provided training and information to Casino Operators on new contractual agreements to ensure property employee are educated on all contractual changes. ◦ Serve as a resource to Casino Operators for interpreting collective bargaining agreements and equal employment opportunity laws, as well as best practices for implementing policies and conducting workplace investigations. ◦ Conducts all investigations relating to harassment, discrimination, EEO and other complaints and provides timely responses. ◦ Conducts training on topics relating to labor and employee relations, including progressive discipline, just cause and how to properly conduct an investigation. ◦ Prepares cases for arbitrations and unfair labor practices hearings, including research, gathering documents and assisting counsel. Mayor's Office of Labor Relations, Philadelphia, PA A City of Philadelphia office responsible for is the fourth step of the grievance procedure for 4 union organizations
- Employee and Labor Relations Specialist at Caesars Entertainment
- Labor Relations Analyst at Mayors office of labor relations
- Human Resources Intern at CATHERINES
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Labor and Employment Relations - Diversity and Inclusion
- Bachelors of Science - Psychology
May 16, 2011 - Present
• Manage the Labor Relations "Center of Excellence" for Central/Western Pennsylvania sites, represented by over 1,000 bargaining unit employees
• Oversee the administration of four separate Collective Bargaining Agreements between both the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) and Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
• Aid in the development of ongoing labor strategy and labor policy
• Engage in labor task force and union strategy meetings with Operational Leadership
• Partner with the other Human Resources "Centers of Excellence" and Operational Leadership to advise on contract administration, enhancing consistent interpretation and application of contractual provisions
• Chief Spokesperson for grievance and mediation hearings
• Participate in developing strategy and company position for arbitration hearings
• Lead/Assist in preparation for negotiations, economic re-openers, and side letters of agreement
• Chief Negotiator for three SEIU collective bargaining agreements ◦ Second Chair Negotiating Team Member for AFSCME Statewide contract
• Developed the Merakey "Labor Relations Institute" which provides training on labor relations matters to Operational Leadership across the organization
• Provide continuing education and development to Operational Leadership regarding developments within the labor relations field
- Labor Relations Specialist at Merakey
- Human Resource Generalist at Merakey
- University Relations/Talent Management at Westinghouse Electric Co., LLC
8 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Industrial and Labor Relations
- Bachelor of Science degree - Business
Responsible for assisting with all aspects of employee and labor relations, including supervision of staff directly responsible for assisting with employee and labor relations, the interpretation and administration of HR policy and the execution of collective bargaining agreements. Specific responsibilities include:
• Representing management in union-management contract negotiations, assisting in the administration of all provisions of collective bargaining agreements.
• Interpreting union-management agreements, representing management in the settlement of grievances under established grievance procedures, and advising supervisors on courses of action.
• Acting as the management representative as needed, with counsel at arbitration hearings. Work with counsel and district representatives to prepare for arbitration and labor litigation cases.
• Facilitating labor-management meetings with management representatives and union officials prior to and after negotiations.
• Interacting with union representatives, department management, HR partners and all other stakeholders to ensure successful resolution of all grievances.
• Investigating facts related to claims, researching and advising on precedent and past practice, documenting detailed responses, and log all cases and outcomes in the Labor Relations database.
• Assisting management on all matters related to employee relations, including grievance facilitation, arbitrations, administration of the progressive disciplinary process, etc.
• Acting as a liaison between management and employees to ensure that labor relations services are aligned with departmental needs, identifying opportunities to further enhance the value that the labor relations provides.
• Develop and deliver training presentations to leaders and administrators on effective employee relations techniques and principles for working effectively with unions.
• Assist in identifying, evaluating and resolving human relations and work performance problems.
• Providing direct supervision of staff responsible for assisting with employee and labor relations services, including outlining job responsibilities and performance expectations, providing ongoing coaching and feedback to ensure effective performance, evaluating and assessing performance achievements.
- Employee & Labor Relations Specialist at Broward County Public School
- Senior Human Resource Generalist/Human Resources Manager at Less Institute
- Senior Human Resource Generalist/Human Resources Manager at Parkway Regional/Jackson Health System
- Human Resource Manager at Bio Tissue & Tissue Tech Inc
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters in Business Administration - SFHHA Marketing and Public Relations Committee
• Responsible for coordinating and conducting labor management meetings for 10 collective bargaining agreements
• Work with Management to advise and develop key strategies to drive labor relations and human resource initiatives
• Prepare information for contract negotiations including: research wage data, proposal development in partnership with local management, cost models and executive presentations
• Participate in local contract negotiations, lead subcommittees on behalf of the LR Manager
• Develop training materials for local management on contractual changes/arbitration rulings
• Liaison for union leadership and management/HR for questions/issues regarding contract administration or interpretation
• Maintain labor relations records and prepare reports for Labor Management Team
• Lead projects on behalf of Labor Relations including myTime and Payroll Accuracy
• Certified Yellowbelt; won project of the year in 2016 for CBA Validation for myTime
• Grievance management - attend grievance hearings, process grievances in MapCall, work with management to develop grievance responses Recruiting Coordinator
• Responsible for providing recruitment support to Corporate and Business Services
• Schedule interviews, meetings, travel itineraries and coordinate related arrangements
• Prepare offer packages; draft offer letters and route approvals in myCareerSolutions, initiate background checks and drug screens for union and non-unionized candidates
• Collect and handle sensitive information for on-boarding candidates; process security badges for new hires
• Perform any necessary follow-up on forms or background checks
• Ensure recruitment process is in-line with compliance standards
• Conduct phone screens with potential candidates
• Screen resumes for hiring managers
• Maintain contact list and contracts of Third Party Recruiters
• Contractor of Industrial Staffing Services Inc.
- Labor Relations Specialist at American Water
- Administrative Assistant at Rutgers University
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters in Labor and Employment Relations - Human Resources
- B.A - Labor Relations and Management Studies
• Serve as a labor and employee relations specialists at a Veterans Administration medical facility with more than 2,700 employees serving a community of more than 55,000 veterans in the Philadelphia metro area
• Prepares cases and serves as technical advisor for the VA Medical Center at hearings before the Merit System Protection Board (MSPB), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or other adjudicating bodies.
• Provides analysis involving complex employee relations matters to determine appropriate corrective action and works with managers on performance management to ensure optimal balance of recognition and accountability.
- Employee Relations/Labor Relations Specialist at Veterans Administration
- Director Human Resources at Levy - Barclays Center
- Regional Human Resources Manager Northeast at Sodexo - Tenet National Organization
- Human Resources Director at Sodexo at Hahnemann University Hospital
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- M.A. - Human Relations
- M.A. - Professional Clinical Counseling
- B.A. - Psychology