48180 North American Labor Relations Specialist: Provide consultation and monitor the company's adherence to Collective Bargaining Agreements within the United States and Canada. Review and document formal complaints and grievances. Travel to manufacturing facilities across the US and Canada to conduct onsite investigations, conduct trainings on HR policies, and manage site labor relations. Determine viability of union complaints and advise management resolutions. Administer workplace discipline, harassment prevention, and diversity training to staff and supervisors. Responsible for contract interpretation, negotiation, administration, and arbitration. Investigate and prepare company responses to EEOC, NLRB, Human Rights, various tribunals, and other governmental agencies. Assist with responding to unemployment claims. Review wage complaints, payroll discrepancies, and analyze data to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements and employer practices. Work effectively with union leadership, management, and employees through mediation, communication, and facilitation.
- North American Labor Relations Specialist at Team Cleaning Solutions
- Benefits Consultant at Aflac
- Secretary-Treasurer at Service Employees International Union
- Labor Relations Specialist at Service Employees International Union
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Public Affairs
- - Computerized Accounting
- - Labor Relations
Labor representation, including arbitration, mediation, negotiation, review and administration of collective bargaining agreements, labor relations counseling, and training in Union representation, leadership, and various laws and regulations.
Labor representation, including arbitration, mediation, negotiation, review and administration of
collective bargaining agreements, labor relations counseling, and training in Union representation,
leadership, and various laws and regulations.
- Labor Relations Specialist at New York State United Teachers
- Law Office of J. R. Wilson, Esq. at Law Firm
- General Counsel / Counsel to the President at United Federation of Teachers (UFT)
at this Job
- J.D. - Environmental Law
- B.A. - Communications
My job entailed having the knowledge of labor relations programs, policies, procedures, and agreements at a level sufficient to advise local managers and employees, provide contract interpretation, and to develop and conduct training programs. I collected, integrated, and analyzed information in support of grievance and arbitration cases and local implementation, negotiations, and contract administration. One of my many duties was to represent the U.S. Postal Service in arbitration and EEO hearings, Unemployment hearings, and Merit System Protection Board cases. I have processed over 1500 grievances for the U.S. Postal Service, and I have arbitrated over 75 cases for the U.S. Postal Service.
- LABOR RELATIONS SPECIALIST at U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
- at U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
- ADR SPECIALIST at EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- ARBITRATION SCHEDULE COORDINATOR at
8 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Management and Organizational Development
• Grievance prevention and resolution
• Managing collective bargaining agreement negotiations preparation and execution
• Maintaining union related records and files
• Responsible for maintaining positive labor-management relations between management and union
• Investigating and evaluating complaints, and training managers and supervisors on topics related to labor relations
• Acts as part of the HR team assisting in benefits, training, on/off boarding, recruitment, and employee relations
- Labor Relations Specialist at RELIANCE TEST & TECHNOLOGY, FL
- Labor Relations Administrator at GLOBAL EXPERIENCE SPECIALISTS (GES)
- HR Assistant & Benefits Administrator at EDRINGTON AMERICAS, NY
- Director, Office Operations at GRIND
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
* Represented agency in minor (less than 30 days) disciplinary arbitration hearings and assisted agency counsel on major disciplinary hearings - including high sensitivity matters involving Union Presidents, Executive Board Members and Shop Stewards * Drafted Charges and coordinated disciplinary process between on-site agency management, labor unions, witnesses and arbitrators, including but not limited to assembly of discovery, witness preparation, and ensuring compliance with Memoranda of Agreements/Collective Bargaining Agreements * Negotiated with Labor Unions to resolve disciplinary matters on behalf of management * Advised on-site managers on investigations, discipline and employment/labor relations policy * Managed process for medical removals, non-represented employee administrative removals, and removals of probationary represented employees
- Senior Labor Relations Specialist at PORT AUTHRORITY OF NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY
- Shop Steward at UNION OF RUTGERS ADMINISTRATORS LOCAL 1766 - AMERICAN FEDERATION OF TEACHERS
- Program Coordinator at RUTGERS UNIVERSITY - THE EAGLETON INSTITUTE OF POLITICS
- Human Resources Generalist at KERRY MARKETING SOLUTIONS
10 months at this Job
- Masters of Professional Studies - Professional Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
All HR and labor relations duties for multi sites
All HR and labor relations duties for multi sites
- HRBP/Labor Relations Specialist at CAE-USA
- Various HR Contract assignments at Various
- Director of Human Resources / Labor at Student Transportation, Inc
- Regional HR Manager at First Student, Inc
5 months at this Job
- B.S.B.A. - Business Administrations and Human Resources
- Partner with management and union leaders to ensure compliance with company policy, collective bargaining agreement, and state and federal employment law. - Facilitate problem solving and communication between managers/union leaders/subcontractors/employees to resolve labor relations issues varying in degrees of complexity including coaching & counseling, disciplinary actions, and termination. - Point of contact for bargaining unit, non-exempt, and exempt employees regarding: labor relations issues, grievance process, interpretation of collective bargaining agreement and company policy, potential company policy and labor agreement violations, medical leave, benefit plans, performance management system, payroll issues, attendance issues. - Lead and conduct investigations of potential policy violations including harassment, discrimination and inappropriate conduct. - Participated in preparation and negotiation of labor agreement extension.
- Sr. Labor Relations Specialist at Consolidated Nuclear Security LLC
- Human Resources Business Partner at General Atomics
- Labor Relations Manager at Bridgestone Americas, Inc
- at Bridgestone Americas, Inc
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts
• State point of contact for Labor Relation matters of concern to the bargaining units
• Provide guidance and assistance to management on labor relations issues (i.e. negotiate agreements (Labor Management Agreement Article 20))
• Study requirements of statute covering labor relations issues
• Use CyberFeds website to research cases
• Use TPR 752/715 for research of pending adverse actions or disciplinary actions
• Negotiate with Union on terms of Adverse Actions
• Provide guidance to Supervisor on appropriate plans of action when working with both AGR and Technician Personnel
• Coordinate for resolution to grievance filled due to work schedule conflicts
• Coordinate meetings to discuss workforce manning and relocation of bargaining unit members Accomplishments I have maintained a good working relationship between management and the three chapters of our labor organization. I have accomplished a successful negotiation and run the organization through arbitration. Skills Used Mediation Negotiation
- Labor Relations Specialist at Missouri Army National Guard
- Human Resourced Development Specialist at Missouri National Guard
- Labor Relations at Labor Relations
- Battalion S1/Human Resources Specialist at Missouri National Guard
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Exercise Science
• Represented the Port Authority in Arbitration, Board of Inquiry, and Improper Practice Hearings involving discipline against an employee or a grievance filed by the individual police unions.
• Assisted counsel in labor interest arbitration hearings, hearings involving discipline, grievances filed by the unions, and improper practice hearings relating to charges filed by the individual police unions.
• Provided interpretation, consultation, advice, and support to managers and supervisors regarding labor relations policies and procedures.
• Conducted audits of labor relations policies and procedures to ensure consistency in the application at each of the individual police commands.
• Increased efficiency by implementing and managing a new hybrid digital/physical filing system for current and archived files
• Implemented a new docket system to document and track all past, current, and pending cases.
- Labor Relations Specialist at Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- Labor Relations Associate at CenterLight Health System
- Program Associate - Sandy Relief Program at Robin Hood Foundation
- Assistant Manager at Happy Liquor Store
2 years at this Job
- Master in Science
- Bachelor of Arts
• I was responsible for investigation and evaluate union complaints and arguments to determine viability,
• I would represent the position of the company of labor during arbitration or other labor negotiations.
• I would schedule or coordinate the details of grievance hearing, help develop employee health and safety policies, prepare evidence for disciplinary hearing which include preparing witnesses to testify.
• I would monitor company or workforce adherence to labor agreements and propose resolutions for collective bargaining or other labor contract negotiations.
• I would provide expert testimony in legal proceedings related to labor relations or labor contracts.
• Mediate discussions between employer and employee representatives in attempt to reconcile differences.
• Review and approve employee disciplinary actions, such as written reprimands, suspensions or terminations.
- Labor Relations Specialist at United Postal Service
- Labor Custodian at United States Postal Service
- Mail Handler at United States Postal Service
- Logistic Manager, Property Book, Medical and Supply Technician, Automated at US Army Active Duty
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- BA - Criminal Justice